Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535542 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by luvhenry(m): 8:04am On Jun 30, 2018
Hi guys, its about 28 days since i cancelled an application, how do i follow up for a refund?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 30, 2018
[b][/b][quote author=ekpotek post=68949642]

Your application should routed on your sponsor financial standing and his relationship to you, so you should be more concern about providing documents to support it. Your own financial situation is abysmal and there is nothing you can do about it. You should request from your sponsor to transferred all the funds for your UK trip into your allowance bank account. What is needed on your part is evidences that you will return back to Nigeria. So I suggest that get as much documents from NYSC and not just leave letter. You should be thinking of submitting documents like letter of NYSC posting, NYSC Community development activities report. Letter from your place of primary assignment, Graduation certificates or statement of results etc. Now to answer your questions:

1. Submit only the account showing allowance payment from NYSC even if it’s not up to see months. If you get other allowance from PPA indicates it too. Your sponsor will also submit his 6 months bank statement showing fund transferred to your bank account.

2. Yes

3. Get more document to show reasonable conviction to return back to Nigeria after the examination. Letter of introduction from your professional body, former school professors etc.

4. Your sponsor should write a cover letter, to explain why he is sponsoring the trip and relationship to you. Since your sponsor is your brother he must show that he is related to you. He must transfer all the fund into your bank account he must point it out and indicate the date of the transfer and highlight it in his bank statement.

5. You will also write a cover note, explaining why you need to take the exam and it’s importance to you career. You will also state that due to your NYSC service you cannot affford the trip and your brother willl finance everything. Highlight the fund sent to you by your brother in your bank statement. Promise the ECO to return back after the exam to continue your NYSC as it’s a prerequisite for employment in Nigeria. [/quot

Okay thank you. One more thing, he already transferred the money to my personal account, can I send it back. Then he will now send it to my allowance account and print a new statement. I hope this is not a problem? I know the question might sound stupid but please bear with me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:28am On Jun 30, 2018
Optimistic001:
[b][/b]

Yes. It is safer that way.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:40am On Jun 30, 2018
luvhenry:
Hi guys, its about 28 days since i cancelled an application, how do i follow up for a refund?

You will get your refund in course remitted to the Debit/Credit card initially used for payment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:42am On Jun 30, 2018
TheExalted:

Thanks for your prompt response @justwise. I'm married with 4 kids but travelling alone. Account balance is expected to be BTW 1.5m and 1.7m.

Hope this is still OK?

Ok though the ECO may question why you want to go on holiday without your family to spend such amount considering your family responsibility at home
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:43am On Jun 30, 2018
MadameW:
I and my husband are sponsoring the trip. He he earns about 400k a month.

Ok that amount is reasonable
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ChuksEpells: 11:41am On Jun 30, 2018
Please i need your Advice.
I went for the Pre- departure Tuberculosis Test program,
And I have been given the Medical certificate, But there was a mistake in my Sponsor's UK address post code.
It was..........TA0 5IB
Instead of...TA0 5IE

Will this pose a treat or should I ignore it.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ChuksEpells: 11:43am On Jun 30, 2018
ekpotek:

There is always a checklist by TLS where the documents uploaded are ticked or listed. Applicant are require to scrutinize this checklist and sign as evidence of acceptance before leaving for biometric capture.

If you will provide a paid carer to look after your kid sister while in the UK, then provide the document. If not, inform the ECO that you will be the carer and that your kid sister will not be left on her own throughout the visit. This can be done by outlining in details what your sister and you hope to do for each day of the 8 days to be spent in the UK.

And I have been given the Medical certificate, But there was a mistake in my Sponsor's UK address post code.
It was..........TA0 5IB
Instead of...TA0 5IE

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ChuksEpells: 11:45am On Jun 30, 2018
justwise:

Oyster card can only be used in London, if you are not married with kids then your list is ok

You need to list places you want to visit in the UK/why you are visiting the UK

It was..........TA0 5IB
Instead of...TA0 5IE

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by laeksyde: 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2018
Hello house. Followed the tips on this thread and issued visas were picked up yesterday for a family vacation with my wife and two kids. However, there is going to be a change in travel plans and I want to travel a month later than what was stated in the application. Will there be any trouble with this at point of entry? Also, I applied to stay with my brother in Southampton, do you advise I have train tickets from London to Southampton with me at point of entry?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
ekpotek:

Yes. It is safer that way.

Okay, thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:10pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChuksEpells:
It was..........TA0 5IB
Instead of...TA0 5IE

Thanks in advance.

Those are two different addresses please correct it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:12pm On Jun 30, 2018
laeksyde:
Hello house. Followed the tips on this thread and issued visas were picked up yesterday for a family vacation with my wife and two kids. However, there is going to be a change in travel plans and I want to travel a month later than what was stated in the application. Will there be any trouble with this at point of entry? Also, I applied to stay with my brother in Southampton, do you advise I have train tickets from London to Southampton with me at point of entry?

Why not travel with your family as stated in your visa application form?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2018
ekpotek:

Your application should routed on your sponsor financial standing and his relationship to you, so you should be more concern about providing documents to support it. Your own financial situation is abysmal and there is nothing you can do about it. You should request from your sponsor to transferred all the funds for your UK trip into your allowance bank account. What is needed on your part is evidences that you will return back to Nigeria. So I suggest that get as much documents from NYSC and not just leave letter. You should be thinking of submitting documents like letter of NYSC posting, NYSC Community development activities report. Letter from your place of primary assignment, Graduation certificates or statement of results etc. Now to answer your questions:

1. Submit only the account showing allowance payment from NYSC even if it’s not up to see months. If you get other allowance from PPA indicates it too. Your sponsor will also submit his 6 months bank statement showing fund transferred to your bank account.

2. Yes

3. Get more document to show reasonable conviction to return back to Nigeria after the examination. Letter of introduction from your professional body, former school professors etc.

4. Your sponsor should write a cover letter, to explain why he is sponsoring the trip and relationship to you. Since your sponsor is your brother he must show that he is related to you. He must transfer all the fund into your bank account he must point it out and indicate the date of the transfer and highlight it in his bank statement.

5. You will also write a cover note, explaining why you need to take the exam and it’s importance to you career. You will also state that due to your NYSC service you cannot affford the trip and your brother willl finance everything. Highlight the fund sent to you by your brother in your bank statement. Promise the ECO to return back after the exam to continue your NYSC as it’s a prerequisite for employment in Nigeria.
Although I wasn't the one that asked the question earlier, is it compulsory your sponsor transfer the Fund he intend to sponsor you with to your bank account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MadameW: 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2018
justwise:

Ok that amount is reasonable

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:39pm On Jun 30, 2018
kemitomi:

Although I wasn't the one that asked the question earlier, i[b]s it compulsory your sponsor transfer the Fund he intend to sponsor you with to your bank account[/b]?

How else will the applicant proof sufficient fund, if the amount promised by the sponsor is not sitting in her account. Sometimes provision of Nigerian sponsors bank statement does not necessarily mean access to the fund. The ECO knows this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jaydee11: 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2018
Thanks Mr KDK for your response too. I am not sure my husband will allow him to travel alone. He is just 6, my husband won't allow O. It is okay for me to go nd pick him, although I need to do a few things in naija so I will use dt opportunity.
Also, as regards our accommodation in UK, is the tenancy agreement OK for proof of suitable accommodation or do we need to get a fresh letter from our landlord?
Thanks so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 7:01pm On Jun 30, 2018
Yes, your tenancy agreement is enough as proof of accomodation. That's what I used for my partner's tier 2 dependant visa, we didn't submit any letter from landlord and visa was approved.

Jaydee11:

Thanks Mr KDK for your response too. I am not sure my husband will allow him to travel alone. He is just 6, my husband won't allow O. It is okay for me to go nd pick him, although I need to do a few things in naija so I will use dt opportunity.
Also, as regards our accommodation in UK, is the tenancy agreement OK for proof of suitable accommodation or do we need to get a fresh letter from our landlord?
Thanks so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2018
ekpotek:

How else will the applicant proof sufficient fund, if the amount promised by the sponsor is not sitting in her account. Sometimes provision of Nigerian sponsors bank statement does not necessarily mean access to the fund. The ECO knows this.

Okay now I get it.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by juleze(f): 9:59pm On Jun 30, 2018
I applied on the 21st of May, and was contacted on the 21st of June. I got it. Guess what I had going- I had gone back and forth 5 times- wroked for me otherwise my chance would have been limited.

I would like to know the rate Travelx and UBA are exchanging Naira for Pounds for? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 01, 2018
Good day gurus in house, please can d person sending us invitation letter scan copies of d letter & other docs to me, r copies tenable at d embassy? As she's not willing to use DHL or other courier coys.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Africankel(m): 9:23am On Jul 01, 2018
Scaned documents are accepted

Kaleydd2000:
Good day gurus in house, please can d person sending us invitation letter scan copies of d letter & other docs to me, r copies tenable at d embassy? As she's not willing to use DHL or other courier coys.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by laeksyde: 10:19am On Jul 01, 2018
justwise:

Why not travel with your family as stated in your visa application form?

Thanks @justwise. I ll be traveling with my family as stated in the application . The only difference is the change in travel date
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legend1145(m): 12:53pm On Jul 01, 2018
Hello guyz,
Quick one pls am planning to travel to UK and America respectively dis yr. Av been to Uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 01, 2018

Thanks bro. Please am I suppose to fill a separate form for my son n wife, who r accompanying me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2018
Kaleydd2000:

Thanks bro. Please am I suppose to fill a separate form for my son n wife, who r accompanying me?

Yes, you will fill separate forms each for your son and wife but you will link all your applications after submitting on the TLS website when booking an appointment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 01, 2018
Oh OK, thanks n God bless. Do u have an idea if it's d same thing for S. A visa?

Yes, you will fill separate forms each for your son and wife but you will link all your applications after submitting on the TLS website when booking an appointment.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2018
How do I do this, I. E linking our applications?

Yes, you will fill separate forms each for your son and wife but you will link all your applications after submitting on the TLS website when booking an appointment.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2018
Legend1145:
Hello guyz,
Quick one pls am planning to travel to UK and America respectively dis yr. Av been to Uk twice with 6months on each, I dnt knw hw many da will giv me dis time am 95% sure of securing the visa, but av not been to America b4.
My questions (1) which visa shld I apply for first
(2) I heard America embassy takes up to 3month b4 da call for appointment, I hope da will not delay it for longer period not to affect the UK visa. Thanks

I would suggest you apply for both UK and US visas now. However, UK visa appointment dates are closer while US appointment dates are farther towards the end of the year so there's enough space in between. Dates are quickly getting filled so the earlier the better
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2018
Kaleydd2000:
How do I do this, I. E linking our applications?

Just follow the instructions after making payment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legend1145(m): 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2018
Thanks. Waiting for passport to come out.
dcutey:

I would suggest you apply for both UK and US visas now. However, UK visa appointment dates are closer while US appointment dates are farther towards the end of the year so there's enough space in between. Dates are quickly getting filled so the earlier the better
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jaydee11: 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2018
nomad26:
Yes, your tenancy agreement is enough as proof of accomodation. That's what I used for my partner's tier 2 dependant visa, we didn't submit any letter from landlord and visa was approved.

Thanks so much Nomad26 for the reply. Will keep d house posted on the outcome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.