Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,207 members, 7,811,561 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1525722 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 11:13am On Jul 05, 2018
TheExalted:

Thanks @Justwise, you've been helpful to a lot of people, i appreciate, will it help if i attach a letter explaining why i must go alone this time and indicate plans to travel as family in the near future?

Baba, I just saw your proposed £170 for hotel with breakfast for two weeks. Are you sure of this? Please check well o to avoid story.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 11:16am On Jul 05, 2018
Thegents6:
Hello guys
I need your help.
Please how can one fast track his or her visa.
As in 5 days express.
Thanks

You pay a lot of money. But I doubt the 5 days from Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 11:20am On Jul 05, 2018
@PefHouse,
I don't think your dad needs to write a sponsorship letter. In your case, your mum is the sole sponsor of their trip so I suggest she writes a cover letter and both of them sign this letter.
This is what I did for my parents visa application - one cover letter written by my mum and signed by her and her husband (although I was the sponsor in their own case).

PefHouse:
Good day house,
Can someone please advice. My parents intend to go to the UK to visit my sister.

Mum: Still works and receives her salary (salary account), she also has her savings (savings account). She did a lump sum transfer from the savings to the salary (2weeks to intended application date). She would be presenting only the salary account to cover all expenses of the trip for both of them.
Dad: Is a contractor, no steady income ( he does not intend to use his account).

Now in other to show proof of finance
- Does my dad need to show a letter of sponsorship even if they are married and intend to travel together
- I hope no flags will be raised on the lump transfer

Note: Both have been issues UK visas in the past and have traveled there

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 11:26am On Jul 05, 2018
For my partner's Tier 2 Dependant visa, application was submitted to TLS in Victoria Island

Timeline (Standard):
31st May: Submitted online application
5th June: Submitted documents and biometrics
28th June: Passport ready for pickup (14 working days ex. public holidays)
Picked up passport same day with visa approved (valid from 25th June)

These are the documents we submitted, in case anyone finds it helpful:

Mine:
1. Original Cover Letter
2. Copy of BRP and all pages of my current passport
3. Copy of my CoS
4. Tenancy agreement
5. Original Maintenance letter from my employer (I didn't submit any bank statement or payslips)

Partner:
1. Completed application form
2. IHS payment reference
3. Copy of all pages of current passport
4. Passport photograph (which were not collected so no need wasting money)
5. Original Marriage certificate
6. Original TB certificate
7. 3 years whatsapp chat and call log (screenshots on A4 page)
8. Copy of flight tickets of holidays we've taken together
9. Pictures of both of us on holidays/wedding

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 11:31am On Jul 05, 2018
For my parents application for 6-months visitor visa, budget was 3000 GBP for 2 weeks and I stated that I will fully sponsor their trip. They are both self-employed.

Timeline (Standard): TLS Abuja
3rd June: Submitted online application
12th June: Submitted documents and biometrics
3rd July: Passport ready for pickup (13 working days ex. public holidays)
Picked up passports the next day with both visas approved (valid from 29th June)

These are the documents we submitted with their application:

Mine:
1. Original Invitation Letter
2. Copy of BRP and my passport data page
3. Birth certificate
4. Tenancy agreement
5. 6-months payslip
6. 6-months bank statement savings account (2K in this account)
7. 6-months bank statement salary account (3K in this account)

Parents:
1. Cover letter, signed by both of them
2. Company CAC certificate of their registered company
3. Their office tenancy agreement
4. 6-months bank statement from both of them
5. Excel table explaining deposits into their account (I can share a format if anyone's interested)
6. Land C of O and sales agreement
7. C of O of their residential house
8. Marriage certificate

FYI, they didn't submit any tax certificate, I was a bit worried about that but thank God it didn't matter. Now to start hunting for cheap tickets! cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 11:46am On Jul 05, 2018
I did priority sometime last year:1 Submission and biometric, 23rd October 2017. 2. Application transferred by TSL Abuja to Embassy 23rd October 2017. 3. Decision centre @ Sheffield confirmed receipt of application and processing 24th October 2017. 4. Application assessed, a decision made and documents ready for collection 26th October 2017.Finally, same 26th October 2017 passport collected with visa affixed at about 2pm same day. Then travelled to London, UK on Sunday 29th October 2017 via BA morning flight and got to London same 29th October 2017. Mind you, i also paid for walk-in appointment as my initial appointment was 27th October 2017. Hope this helps.
folmus:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
Please who knows the ukvi email address? @ekpotek @justwise.

Ukvi did wrong calculation on someone's salary and he was denied base on ukvi typo error. The person stated that he earns 24M a year which is £50,097.78 but ukvi wrongly quoted £5,009.78 a year even after stating the 24M in naira on his refusal paper. I never knew they could make such mistake. Has anyone witnessed such? The guy needs ukvi email urgently to mail them of the error or what do you think the person should do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 12:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
@nomad26 kindly share me d format in excel as stated. .... Opeyemiojo12@yahoo.com

Thanks

nomad26:
For my parents application for 6-months visitor visa, budget was 3000 GBP for 2 weeks and I stated that I will fully sponsor their trip. They are both self-employed.

Timeline (Standard): TLS Abuja
3rd June: Submitted online application
12th June: Submitted documents and biometrics
3rd July: Passport ready for pickup (13 working days ex. public holidays)
Picked up passports the next day with both visas approved (valid from 29th June)

These are the documents we submitted with their application:

Mine:
1. Original Invitation Letter
2. Copy of BRP and my passport data page
3. Birth certificate
4. Tenancy agreement
5. 6-months payslip
6. 6-months bank statement savings account (2K in this account)
7. 6-months bank statement salary account (3K in this account)

Parents:
1. Cover letter, signed by both of them
2. Company CAC certificate of their registered company
3. Their office tenancy agreement
4. 6-months bank statement from both of them
5. Excel table explaining deposits into their account (I can share a format if anyone's interested)
6. Land C of O and sales agreement
7. C of O of their residential house
8. Marriage certificate

FYI, they didn't submit any tax certificate, I was a bit worried about that but thank God it didn't matter. Now to start hunting for cheap tickets! cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dohyn(m): 12:52pm On Jul 05, 2018
Here you go;

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/international/enq/language/English

However,he should be prepared to pay £5.48 or so before his mail will be answered.
mavinc4u:

Ukvi did wrong calculation on someone's salary and he was denied base on ukvi typo error. The person stated that he earns 24M a year which is £50,097.78 but ukvi wrongly quoted £5,009.78 a year even after stating the 24M in naira on his refusal paper. I never knew they could make such mistake. Has anyone witnessed such? The guy needs ukvi email urgently to mail them of the error or what do you think the person should do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 1:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
opomulero:
@nomad26 kindly share me d format in excel as stated. .... Opeyemiojo12@yahoo.com

Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oshey9999: 1:51pm On Jul 05, 2018
I did my biometrics for a 6 month visitor visa on June 12 to visit my brother in the UK enroute to starting school in Canada. Thankfully, the visa was granted and I just picked up my stamped passport.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2018
dohyn:
Here you go;

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/international/enq/language/English

However,he should be prepared to pay £5.48 or so before his mail will be answered.

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dohyn(m): 3:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
You are welcome. You mentioned earlier that you know someone who submitted the same day as I did. Are you aware if she has gotten her passport now?

mavinc4u:

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
dohyn:
You are welcome. You mentioned earlier that you know someone who submitted the same day as I did. Are you aware if she has gotten her passport now?

it is the person's passport that has the issue i stated, he collected today. they have replied his mail but how can he do a follow up mail to them because following the link means he would be charged again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dohyn(m): 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2018
Oh,ok. He won't be charged for subsequent mails to them and he doesn't have to use the link again. Let him just reply their mails as they come.

mavinc4u:

it is the person's passport that has the issue i stated, he collected today. they have replied his mail but how can he do a follow up mail to them because following the link means he would be charged again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 4:38pm On Jul 05, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thegents6: 6:26pm On Jul 05, 2018
folmus:

Like how much? Also throw more lights on your doubt. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adelejane: 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hello ALL, posted yesterday about paying for priority and not getting any update. I applied with my son and daughter . And we All got our 2 years multiple entry. . Got a mail yesterday from Croydon visa section that our passport has been dispatched and also got a mail from tls that it’s ready for collection today . Went to pick up and it was granted . I noticed tls doesn’t update on time thought . Best of luck to those still waiting

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dohyn(m): 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hi. Did you get a mail that your passport was ready for pick up? I did my biometrics that same day and I'm yet to get a response from Ukvi or TLS.

Oshey9999:
I did my biometrics for a 6 month visitor visa on June 12 to visit my brother in the UK enroute to starting school in Canada. Thankfully, the visa was granted and I just picked up my stamped passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 7:25pm On Jul 05, 2018
dohyn:
Hi. Did you get a mail that your passport was ready for pick up? I did my biometrics that same day and I'm yet to get a response from Ukvi or TLS.

I got this email from UKVI,

Dear xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx

Regarding Visa Application: GWFxxxxxxxxx
For xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the return of your documents.

Our records show that your documents were sent to your VAC shortly before your enquiry, therefore they should have reached you by now. I trust the issue is resolved.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards,

Bleep xxxxx

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK

And till this moment I have been checking my mail box repeatedly but I have not gotten any pick up email from TLS. And it was last week Thursday I called UKVI last. What cud probably be the cause of the delay from TLS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dohyn(m): 7:38pm On Jul 05, 2018
Guess I'll have to call Ukvi then. Thanks so much

churockng:

Our records show that your documents were sent to your VAC shortly before your enquiry, therefore they should have reached you by now. I trust the issue is resolved.

Kind Regards,

Bleep xxxxx

www.GOV.UK

And till this moment I have been checking my mail box repeatedly but I have not gotten any pick up email from TLS. And it was last week Thursday I called UKVI last. What cud probably be the cause of the delay from TLS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aug8: 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2018
I think you need to go to TLS or the high commission. Probably print this letter and go along with it. My two cents.
churockng:

Kind Regards,

Bleep xxxxx

www.GOV.UK

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oshey9999: 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
dohyn:

Yes, they sent me an email yesterday that my passport and supporting documents were ready. Also, my profile on TLS changed to passport ready for collection.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PefHouse: 10:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
Good day House, Please anyone with this experience..

I made a mistake on my Dad's application when filling the online application for Standard Visitors Visa. Should I cancel and ask for refund, while I redo the application OR can this be cleared up when he goes for his interview and biometrics

- Instead of stating the income for the year, I stated income for the month. Rather than N3m/year, I stated 250k/year. Note he has savings of about N1m. And he is not sponsoring himself on the Trip. Should I be worried?

- At what point will the application be evaluated, before the interview OR after the interview when he submits his supporting documents? Can he write a letter(to clear up the figures) and present it during the interview.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
mavinc4u:

Tell the person to re apply if that was the only reason for the refusal and point the error out in a cover letter. Contacting UKVI will not change the decision. There is no provision administrative review for visitor visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2018
PefHouse:

I made a mistake on my Dad's application when filling the online application for Standard Visitors Visa. Should I cancel and ask for refund, while I redo the application OR can this be cleared up when he goes for his interview and biometrics

- Instead of stating the income for the year, I stated income for the month. Rather than N3m/year, I stated 250k/year. Note he has savings of about N1m. And he is not sponsoring himself on the Trip. Should I be worried?

- At what point will the application be evaluated, before the interview OR after the interview when he submits his supporting documents? Can he write a letter(to clear up the figures) and present it during the interview.

Thanks

Tell your father to enclose a cover letter to point out the error to the ECO, and print out the application form and cross out the error with the correct information. Submit this with cover note as part of his documentation. There is is no interview for visitor visa. Only biometric capture and document submission during appointment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 11:08pm On Jul 05, 2018
ekpotek:

Tell the person to re apply if that was the only reason for the refusal and point the error out in a cover letter. Contacting UKVI will not change the decision. There is no provision administrative review for visitor visa.

okay, That is the only thing. He has sent mails to so many emails he could lay hands on. see the screen shot.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 11:14pm On Jul 05, 2018
PefHouse:

Thanks

you should be worried on the income. you can see the enquiry am making too. the mistake on the person's income was made by Entry clearing officer and he was denied for ECO'S mistake so don't make the mistake yourself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 2:46am On Jul 06, 2018
mavinc4u:

okay, That is the only thing. He has sent mails to so many emails he could lay hands on. see the screen shot.

Make I follow join encourage you to reapply, pointing out the error. If you have something of the income/employment/business contracts that you didn't include before, you can consider including it, to demonstrate the N24m income further.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 6:45am On Jul 06, 2018
bigbus:

Make I follow join encourage you to reapply, pointing out the error. If you have something of the income/employment/business contracts that you didn't include before, you can consider including it, to demonstrate the N24m income further.

lol, it seems you didn't get the mistake. i spotted the mistake but the applicant did not. The ECO quoted the naira correctly on the form which is 24M but in converting, ECO mistook the amount for 2.4M. and they want somebody to spend for their own mistake; It is quite unprofessional of them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 7:41am On Jul 06, 2018
Good morning house. Pls help look into this bugdet/breakdown.. pls criticise and contribute. Personal biz registered with tax cert.
Earns 350K from job... personal biz 50K it varies
Savings bal 1.8m personal account, biz account varies but like 250K to 350K in there when printing
To spend 6nights in London and single
proposed bugdet is as follows:
1. Hotel................150£ Hostel accommodation
2. Flight .................................560£ Emirates
3. Transportation ................. 50£ oyster card
4. Sightseeing .................. 100£
5. Feeding ................... 100£
6. Shopping ......................... 100£
7. Might watch Chelsea match... 50£
Total. ........................................ 1110£

I have read on here not to spend 2x your salary for the application...how true is this ? @ekpotek @justwise other gurus please anyone who has an idea.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 8:32am On Jul 06, 2018
bigbus:

please if uk denies one visa, do you stamp the passport because his passport was not stamped? if he decides to reapply, should he use the previous bank statement he used before that was printed on 11th June, 2018 or he should print another one?

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.