Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,867 members, 7,813,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526934 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BabaOman(f): 8:09am On Jul 02, 2018
@ekpotek and @justwise, Pls, are we suppose to go with any cash in GBP for the POE?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TheExalted: 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2018
TheExalted:

TheExalted:

Thanks for your prompt response @justwise. I'm married with 4 kids but travelling alone. Account balance is expected to be BTW 1.5m and 1.7m.

Hope this is still OK?

justwise:

Ok though the ECO may question why you want to go on holiday without your family to spend such amount considering your family responsibility at home

Thanks @Justwise, you've been helpful to a lot of people, i appreciate, will it help if i attach a letter explaining why i must go alone this time and indicate plans to travel as family in the near future?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by maideyz: 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2018
Good day,

Please i applied for uk visa since on the 18th of April as a first time attempt, I have since not heard from them for my passport. i ve been to their office but was given an email address to send my enquiry. i did so but still have not gotten any response. kindly advise me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PefHouse: 9:39pm On Jul 02, 2018
Good day house,
Can someone please advice. My parents intend to go to the UK to visit my sister.

Mum: Still works and receives her salary (salary account), she also has her savings (savings account). She did a lump sum transfer from the savings to the salary (2weeks to intended application date). She would be presenting only the salary account to cover all expenses of the trip for both of them.
Dad: Is a contractor, no steady income ( he does not intend to use his account).

Now in other to show proof of finance
- Does my dad need to show a letter of sponsorship even if they are married and intend to travel together
- I hope no flags will be raised on the lump transfer

Note: Both have been issues UK visas in the past and have traveled there

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oladipodamy: 6:50am On Jul 03, 2018
Hi everyone. I am a silent follower here and I would want gurus in the house to advice me.
I am single and a film editor here in Nigeria. I do not work under any company after my training in south Africa. I work in my house and I have edited many jobs. I will be going to the new york film academy in united states in september for my masters in cinematography which i have the admission and visa already. I want to visit UK especially London film school for just 3 to 5 days and after that move to United States in September for my program. I will route my ticket from Nigeria to UK then to United States. I just need advice and guidance on what to submit. I want to submit

Letter of introduction
Hotel reservation
Flight reservation
Personal statement of account like 1.5 million
Admission letter from new York film academy and visa
Invitation from London film school if possible

Please what else do I need?
I also have a company account with just 300 to 400k balance. Should I include it?
Please help me. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:08am On Jul 03, 2018
maideyz:
Good day,

Please i applied for uk visa since on the 18th of April as a first time attempt, I have since not heard from them for my passport. i ve been to their office but was given an email address to send my enquiry. i did so but still have not gotten any response. kindly advise me.

call ukvi and ask them about your application... also you can track the progress of your application on Tls website...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 8:46am On Jul 03, 2018
Oladipodamy:
Hi everyone. I am a silent follower here and I would want gurus in the house to advice me.
I am single and a film editor here in Nigeria. I do not work under any company after my training in south Africa. I work in my house and I have edited many jobs. I will be going to the new york film academy in united states in september for my masters in cinematography which i have the admission and visa already. I want to visit UK especially London film school for just 3 to 5 days and after that move to United States in September for my program. I will route my ticket from Nigeria to UK then to United States. I just need advice and guidance on what to submit. I want to submit

Letter of introduction
Hotel reservation
Flight reservation
Personal statement of account like 1.5 million
Admission letter from new York film academy and visa
Invitation from London film school if possible

Please what else do I need?
I also have a company account with just 300 to 400k balance. Should I include it?
Please help me. Thank you

At the bold is very important. You should be fine with item listed. Are you paying tax? if yes, include the company acct.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oladipodamy: 8:58am On Jul 03, 2018
Thanks for your respins. I will get the invite front London film school. The last time I paid on company tax was in 2014. May be I should use the personal account alone or what do you suggest? Thanks once again

At the bold is very important. You should be fine with item listed. Are you paying tax? if yes, include the company acct.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 11:53am On Jul 03, 2018
Oladipodamy:
Thanks for your respins. I will get the invite front London film school. The last time I paid on company tax was in 2014. May be I should use the personal account alone or what do you suggest? Thanks once again

At the bold is very important. You should be fine with item listed. Are you paying tax? if yes, include the company acct.

Use personal account and explain the source of money in your account in your intro letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Momo13: 12:16pm On Jul 03, 2018
Hello people.. Please I would like to find out from anyone who recently submitted an application in Lagos, the closest dates for visa application submission. I need my passport back by end of the month latest and not sure if there are dates for submission this week.
Or anyone who knows how I can see appointment dates before I pay for visa application.

Thanks as I await your input
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2018
Momo13:
Hello people.. Please I would like to find out from anyone who recently submitted an application in Lagos, the closest dates for visa application submission. I need my passport back by end of the month latest and not sure if there are dates for submission this week.
Or anyone who knows how I can see appointment dates before I pay for visa application.

you will see the dates before you pay. you might want to refresh the appointment page continuously as someone might drop a chosen date and it would become available for everyone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2018
Momo13:

Just reflecting on recent posts (and known applicants): Some people get their passports back in under 16 working days, others have no passport returned since March. I think that it is a gamble. If you want to submit today/tomorrow, you can try as a walk-in applicant (be ready to wait the whole day, but the VAC do attend to people in the end). There will be no assurance of return before the end of the month, except maybe if you are using priority/super-priority. One option is to wait until after you use your passport at the end of the month, before you apply for the UK. Other option is walk-in, use priority, if after a week no reply, start asking them to return your passport (you lose at most the visa fee and priority fee).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Momo13: 12:55pm On Jul 03, 2018
Thanks guys for your input. Good to know dates can be checked before payment. I have 2 previous visas and got my passport back in 2 weeks..im considering the time of the year, loads of people submitting applications.

Thanks again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dohyn(m): 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2018
Hi. Can you post the UKVI number that you called and do you have an idea of how much a 3 minute call will roughly cost?
It's been 15 working days and I'm yet to get a response. Thank you

churockng:

We both have similar case.. I did my biometrics on the 10th of May and I got an email for survey and till this moment I have not received any email for pick up.

I went to their office at Ikeja 2 weeks ago, I have called UKVI 3 times already and I went to TLS Ikeja today still my passport is not there. I called UKVI again to update them of my situation and they said they are going to expedite my case and get back to me but it's going to take approximately another 15 working days. I really don't know what is happening.. cos o was told dat the passports are sent to Sheffield and I was informed dat a decision has been made on my application since the beginning of this month being June... so we just relax, trust God dat everything is going to be fine and hope for the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fullmoononly: 5:42am On Jul 04, 2018
Good morning Gurus in the house,
I need help to answer this questions:

1. When I applied online for my standard UK visa, I budgeted 220,000 NGN for my flight but by the time I did an online booking, the price had changed to 330,000 NGN. However, I had submitted my application, so I can't change the flight budget from 220k to 330k anymore. My question is do I need to explain this difference in my cover letter just to prove to the VO that I am able to sustain myself for the trip or it doesn't matter?

2. In my bank transactions, there were some little funds transfer let's say 200k from my cryptocurrency account into my local bank's account and I did not declare cryptocurrency as a means of income in my application, do I need to state this in the cover letter as well or it doesn't matter?

Thanks a lot. Awaiting your supportive responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by forget101O(m): 7:32am On Jul 04, 2018
Good morning all,

I applied for 6 months U.K. visa for a training which is to be sponsored by my employer. The visa is supposed to be processed within a 5 working day period which I submitted at the Ikeja Office of the TLSCONTACT Office on th 22nd of June, 2018. Till date I haven’t gotten a feedback from the UKVI. The training was to commence 2nd of July, 2018.

Please what is the possibility of getting this visa approved? This is my first time for applying for any visa.

Attached is a my visa tracker.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adelejane: 10:15am On Jul 04, 2018
Hi gurus, please I applied for a tourist visa with my kids on the 21st of June. We are to attend my brothers graduation which is coming up on the 5th which is tomorrow. We paid for priority visa.and it’s about the 10th working day and nothing stitill.
I did my masters in the UK , had a post study visa and even visited with my daughter on a tourist visa in 2015/2916 without over staying . We have now applied for a two years visit visa and Paid for priority cos we have to attend the grad but 10 workings days with no better update . All I see on the tracker is with ukvi. Please what do I do? I paid way too much for this and don’t thinks it fair.636 pounds for the three of us
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
dohyn:
Hi. Can you post the UKVI number that you called and do you have an idea of how much a 3 minute call will roughly cost?
It's been 15 working days and I'm yet to get a response. Thank you

Here is the information:
By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges.

By email
Email UK Visas and Immigration. 
Emails enquiries cost £5.48. You will not be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.

You’ll get a reply to your email within 2 days, except on Saturdays, Sundays and UK public holidays.

I actually got an email this morning from UKVI that my passport has been sent, and dat I shud have received it by now, though am yet to receive a mail from TLS to come pick up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
churockng:

Here is the information:
By phone

By email
Emails enquiries cost £5.48. You will not be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.

You’ll get a reply to your email within 2 days, except on Saturdays, Sundays and UK public holidays.

I actually got an email this morning from UKVI that my passport has been sent, and dat I shud have received it by now, though am yet to receive a mail from TLS to come pick up.

hi Bro, av u collected ur package??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dohyn(m): 2:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
I appreciate your response. Thank you.

churockng:

Here is the information:
By phone

By email

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 2:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
alert20:

hi Bro, av u collected ur package??

U can't believe it.. but I have not collected it yet.. I just got a mail this morning dat my passport has been sent to TLS.. Am waiting for a mail to come pick up from TLS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Momo13: 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2018
Hello people..so I have a question or 2
1. I presently work with a multinational that isn't an entity in Nigeria but operate through a distributor here in Nigeria. I have been with them for 5 months. I get paid through the personal account of our HR head and I am not given payslips. My guess is this arrangement stands till I am confirmed.
How can I explain the lodgements in my account asides submitting my offer of employment signed by the same person ?
2. Does it suffice to show this nd explain the same through my statement of account?
In previous applications, I didn't have this issue and I fear this may affect my application adversely.

Gurus and experienced people pls weigh in on this.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by holubukola(f): 4:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
Good day

Please someone should help...what is the success rate of a dependant visa.....a company will be sponsoring my education(m.sc) plus maintenance.... While hubby will apply for dependant visa after I have gotten mine and we will be using our joint account for his proof of funds.
Please advise on documents to be submitted
Both of us are employed but I can't take leave from my office,should I just write a resignation letter?

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 4:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
churockng:

U can't believe it.. but I have not collected it yet.. I just got a mail this morning dat my passport has been sent to TLS.. Am waiting for a mail to come pick up from TLS

Bro ur package Tay ooo, av u track it on Tls website??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by holubukola(f): 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
Please has anyone been successful with sponsorship application before what are the things the sponsor has to bring to avoid been refused
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 12:08am On Jul 05, 2018
Momo13:
Hello people..so I have a question or 2
1. I presently work with a multinational that isn't an entity in Nigeria but operate through a distributor here in Nigeria. I have been with them for 5 months. I get paid through the personal account of our HR head and I am not given payslips. My guess is this arrangement stands till I am confirmed.
How can I explain the lodgements in my account asides submitting my offer of employment signed by the same person ?
2. Does it suffice to show this nd explain the same through my statement of account?
In previous applications, I didn't have this issue and I fear this may affect my application adversely.

Gurus and experienced people pls weigh in on this.

Thanks
From what you narrate above, it seems to me that you work with a Nigerian (person/company), though that person/company is a distributor for a multinational. My own opinion is that you add this job to the work you do (don't claim you work for a multinational unless you really do), and include the earnings among your income. Also, you can include breakdown of your earnings and how they reflect in your statement of account, in a cover note. ~My2Cents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thegents6: 10:15am On Jul 05, 2018
Hello guys I need your help. Please how can one fast track his or her visa. As in 5 days express. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 10:18am On Jul 05, 2018
Priority or Super prority
Thegents6:
Hello guys
I need your help.
Please how can one fast track his or her visa.
As in 5 days express.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 10:26am On Jul 05, 2018
I applied for a Tier 2 dependant visa for my partner and also visitor visa for my parents, all three were approved! I have been a semi-silent member here and I just want to thank everyone who contributes to this thread, the information here is invaluable.
I will come back and post timelines for each application. I wish everyone success with their applications and I'm happy to answer any related questions smiley

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thegents6: 10:29am On Jul 05, 2018
ozymes:
Priority or Super prority
You can help with both info but especially Priority

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.