Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535110 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by okemoney14(m): 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2018
Please is it compulsory to submit original and photocopies of all documents including bank statements?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by solaiphones: 2:21pm On Aug 22, 2018
[quote author=Olugerm post=70506365][/quote]
Bro sorry for your refusal. This uk people wicked gan they just dey spoil person plan
My observation, at the beginning you shouldn’t have mentioned you are employed 17k is very small amount of money as a salary you should have said you are a student not working. Then make sure your account balance is fat with a good inflow and outflow. You might be considered.
If i may ask how much do you have in your bank statement as closing balance when you submitted your application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by solaiphones: 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2018
okemoney14:
Please is it compulsory to submit original and photocopies of all documents including bank statements?
Pls bear in mind, every document must be in A4 paper format. It will be scan and return back to you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 2:27pm On Aug 22, 2018
This is my refusal letter pls gurus help cos I want to apply again also my white friend from UK said can she appeal

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2018
solaiphones:

Bro sorry for your refusal. This uk people wicked gan they just dey spoil person plan
My observation, at the beginning you shouldn’t have mentioned you are employed 17k is very small amount of money as a salary you should have said you are a student not working. Then make sure your account balance is fat with a good inflow and outflow. You might be considered.
If i may ask how much do you have in your bank statement as closing balance when you submitted your application?
thanks 98k but the 17k not really reflect in account and I have inflow and out flow of money
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by okemoney14(m): 2:34pm On Aug 22, 2018
solaiphones:

Pls bear in mind, every document must be in A4 paper format. It will be scan and return back to you

Thanks but do I need photocopies? Since it’s going to be returned back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 2:37pm On Aug 22, 2018
okemoney14:

i don't think you need it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legend1145(m): 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2018
Sorry with the refusal bro. Everything ur frnd snt was perfect the problem was frm u, u did not package and fill ur documents well. Oyinbo finking u no go won come back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:16pm On Aug 22, 2018
Olugerm:
thanks 98k but the 17k not really reflect in account and I have inflow and out flow of money

I sincerely don't see how this would have cut it for you (with onyibo inviting you too?), sorry for the refusal however.... Be conscious of the fact that it is only on rare occasions that the person inviting you and the purpose of your visit will cover up for your personal circumstances, hardly, very hard!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2018
Legend1145:
Sorry with the refusal bro. Everything ur frnd snt was perfect the problem was frm u, u did not package and fill ur documents well. Oyinbo finking u no go won come back.
pls help how can I amend my mistakes when I apply again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Okikiano(m): 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2018
My invitee is British citizen and she visited me this year march , I was the one that invited her

Pls I need guides on how my papers can be accurate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 5:22pm On Aug 22, 2018
alert20:
@bimbyabim information is very powerful... i was refused a UK visit visa in may, i acquire the service of an immigration lawyer who wrote the embassy on my behalf to review my application...
it took 15 working days before the embassy responded to my application but it wasn't successful again..
the post decision team urge me to work on the ECO decision of my first refusal and implore me to outline the concern of the ECO on my previous refusal.

in a nutshell, i will advise you to follow ekpotek advice and submit a fresh application and outlined the ECO concern on the refusal letter..
boss pls I was refused today ,I've upload the letter I need your advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Laminat: 5:44pm On Aug 22, 2018
Pls the travel gurus in the house, i have the following questions;

1. pls is 'airbnb shared home' acceptable as a means of accommodation for seeking visiting visa?

2. are they acceptable @ the point of entry to the UK?

3. are they other travelling documents aside Visa, air ticket and means of accommodation?

4. what are other things to take along with when visiting the |Uk.

thank you sirs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Laminat: 5:48pm On Aug 22, 2018
mokikeoj:
Back again smiley Anyone in London as a tourist from around 13 to 21 September? Let's be travel.buddies. Dm me

guy, i shall also be in London from 19th sept to 29th. i think we can hook up. thanks. reach me on drlag2000@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by g2db2do(m): 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2018
What are the documents required for application.. Asking for an uncle pls
fecta:
please am about to submit my application and other documents to the embassy, How long will it take for my visa to be issued (or denied).
and will I be interviewed?
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:18pm On Aug 22, 2018
Olugerm:
This is my refusal letter pls gurus help cos I want to apply again also my white friend from UK said can she appeal

Sorry about the refusal. The ECO is concern about your finances and personal circumstances in Nigeria which makes you an immigration intent with high potential of overstay. There is no appeal and I would not encourage you to reapply unless your situation change significantly. Continue to keep in touch with your white friend and hopeful you can try again next year.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2018
Laminat:
Pls the travel gurus in the house, i have the following questions;

1. pls is 'airbnb shared home' acceptable as a means of accommodation for seeking visiting visa?

2. are they acceptable @ the point of entry to the UK?

3. are they other travelling documents aside Visa, air ticket and means of accommodation?

4. what are other things to take along with when visiting the |Uk.

thank you sirs.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Carry all documents relating to visit. You may be require to produce them at POE
4. Debut card or plenty cash.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Laminat: 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2018
ekpotek:

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Carry all documents relating to visit. You may be require to produce them at POE
4. Debut card or plenty cash.

thank you sir. is there any minimum acceptable 'plenty of cash'? thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mulannoire(f): 6:43pm On Aug 22, 2018
mulannoire:
Gurus in the house, I am in dire need of help.

How can one apply for a tourist visa if business transactions have been mostly done via savings account? (I have a coy account but inflows totalling at least 700k monthly are in my savings).
Current balance is 1.3m.

I have been issued UK visas in the past and also got my MA in the UK. I also have a valid US visa which has been utilised twice this year.

Do I mention that my boyfriend in the UK will be purchasing flight ticket?

Do I tick the unemployed box as I do not have a specific job description?

Ibeg make una help me.

Pls help me sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:49pm On Aug 22, 2018
Laminat:

thank you sir. is there any minimum acceptable 'plenty of cash'? thanks

No minimum amount. Carry as much cash as you intent to spend. If you put trust your Naira debit card to work at UK POS, then just carry small cash like £200. Remember if you carry more that equivalent of $10000 you must declare it at Nigeria Custom desk at the airport. If not and they discover it, they will sieze it and accuse you of money laundering.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2018
mulannoire:

Pls help me sad

With a UK based education and balance of N1.3, you can apply on your own based on your immigration history. Bringing in your boyfriend as invite will only have negative impact and a potential immigration intent. I suggest you tidy up your business so as to improve your home ties to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mulannoire(f): 7:55pm On Aug 22, 2018
ekpotek:

With a UK based education and balance of N1.3, you can apply on your own based on your immigration history. Bringing in your boyfriend as invite will only have negative impact and a potential immigration intent. I suggest you tidy up your business so as to improve your home ties to Nigeria.

Thank you so much, truly grateful.
Do i submit just my savings account statement? Will it be a cause for concern if business account statement isnt submitted?
Do i need to explain crediT transactions on thé savings acc?
Sorry for the barrage of questions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 8:21pm On Aug 22, 2018
ekpotek:

Sorry about the refusal. The ECO is concern about your finances and personal circumstances in Nigeria which makes you an immigration intent with high potential of overstay. There is no appeal and I would not encourage you to reapply unless your situation change significantly. Continue to keep in touch with your white friend and hopeful you can try again next year.
thanks boss I really appreciate your response pls what are the finances and personal circumstances cos I summited almost everything abt me abt the travel history can I travel to any Africa country like Ghana
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by solaiphones: 8:33pm On Aug 22, 2018
Olugerm:
thanks boss I really appreciate your response pls what are the finances and personal circumstances cos I summited almost everything abt me abt the travel history can I travel to any Africa country like Ghana
My advice to you is to wait until you have a very strong social and economic tie to your home country for example marriage, children,employment, assets and properties
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:46pm On Aug 22, 2018
Olugerm:
boss pls I was refused today ,I've upload the letter I need your advice

hi, sorry for the refusal.... ekpotek said it all.. you shouldn't have declare your employment status, you should have just said you are a student and submit documents . the Eco thinks you just want to use this travel as an immigration intent thinking you will not come back home.
my advice is for you to work on your home ties eg. better salary, statement of account with good balance, try and work on this for 6months, but if you think you can't wait and want to re-apply then make sure you submit a cover letter explaining your financial and personal circumstances..

as per the immigration lawyer, forget it its just a waste of time and money consumption...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 9:40pm On Aug 22, 2018
alert20:

hi, sorry for the refusal.... ekpotek said it all.. you shouldn't have declare your employment status, you should have just said you are a student and submit documents . the Eco thinks you just want to use this travel as an immigration intent thinking you will not come back home.
my advice is for you to work on your home ties eg. better salary, statement of account with good balance, try and work on this for 6months, but if you think you can't wait and want to re-apply then make sure you submit a cover letter explaining your financial and personal circumstances..

as per the immigration lawyer, forget it its just a waste of time and money consumption...
thanks boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Okikiano(m): 9:40pm On Aug 22, 2018
alert20:

you are inviting scammers....

They can come and try their luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 9:42pm On Aug 22, 2018
okemoney14:

Do photocopies of any of your document thats not A4 paper... no need for bank statement and reference letter, you can submit them like that, photocopy all laminated docs cos VFs would scan all .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 9:47pm On Aug 22, 2018
Olugerm:
thanks boss

uwc..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by castrogee(m): 9:39am On Aug 23, 2018
castrogee:
Please house i need an urgent clarification. How can i track the status of my UK visa application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.