Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526427 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2018
jennyhumphrey:
TLS Ikeja always delay due to the large number of people that use the centre. Please go to the centre before close of business on friday if you dont get a collection email tomorrow to check

Thanks will do that. Has anyone gotten his or her package back without getting the notification?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 9:14pm On Sep 26, 2018
@jennyhumphrey please which extra documents did you submit for your son, I'm in a similar position regarding a late birth certificate for my daughter. Thanks.

jennyhumphrey:
Hello house, I am back to say thank you to all the wonderful people on this thread. My son's visa is out. He was denied at first and I applied exactly a week after I received his refusal note. I took the advice of ekpotek . I submitted same documents and upgraded the bank statements. I also addressed the initial refusal.

Timeline
Application submitted 31st August
Biometrics 4th September
Sheffo receipt email 10th September
TLS collection email 24th September at 2.30 pm
Received passport with visa 25th September at 2.46 pm

My observation, TLS VI centre more organised, less strenous and faster than ikeja.

Thank you @ekpotek, justwise and all the good people.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 11:16pm On Sep 26, 2018
I included an affidavit stating that I am his mother sworn at the high court, included more pictures from his birth till date( I included this in the first application but I don't know why they ignored it )addressed the reason why the birth certificate was obtained late in my additional information then included a cover letter explaining same in details, I gave example of my own birth certificate which was obtained late as the norm in the country and I also outlined how his welfare will be sorted in the UK in the cover letter. Also pray, pray and pray. All the best
MamaGiovanni:
@jennyhumphrey please which extra documents did you submit for your son, I'm in a similar position regarding a late birth certificate for my daughter. Thanks.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by stefanimay: 12:03am On Sep 27, 2018
Justwise,ekpotek Nd other Gurus in the house...
pls is it possible to get an invite from yur spouse but Yu Nd your spouse decide to book a hotel instead of staying in d family house?...Nd we intend stating this in the application i.e we would book a hotel instead of staying in the house?....pls I need advise on this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 7:11am On Sep 27, 2018
Alright! Thank you so much!

jennyhumphrey:
I included an affidavit stating that I am his mother sworn at the high court, included more pictures from his birth till date( I included this in the first application but I don't know why they ignored it )addressed the reason why the birth certificate was obtained late in my additional information then included a cover letter explaining same in details, I gave example of my own birth certificate which was obtained late as the norm in the country and I also outlined how his welfare will be sorted in the UK in the cover letter. Also pray, pray and pray. All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aktai: 11:37am On Sep 27, 2018
Hello.....

I want to apply for a UK visitor visa, having all the invitation document. I work as an Executive Director in a paint company where i was not based on salary but paid by commission and allowance and all are paid into my account and it also shows the name of my company on the statement though the payment varies, sometimes it can come in the account 3 or 4 times monthly and between 2-3 million Naira. No payslips as regards to this payment as am not based on salary. Please what document do i request from the company to support with application since it shows in my account that payment was paid by the company...Please help...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:48am On Sep 27, 2018
aktai:
Hello.....

I want to apply for a UK visitor visa, having all the invitation document. I work as an Executive Director in a paint company where i was not based on salary but paid by commission and allowance and all are paid into my account and it also shows the name of my company on the statement though the payment varies, sometimes it can come in the account 3 or 4 times monthly and between 2-3 million Naira. No payslips as regards to this payment as am not based on salary. Please what document do i request from the company to support with application since it shows in my account that payment was paid by the company...Please help...

Ask your company to give you a supporting letter explaining exactly what you have said. The letter should explain why you are not paid salary or given pay slips and how your commission is calculated and paid to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:49am On Sep 27, 2018
stefanimay:
Justwise,ekpotek Nd other Gurus in the house...
pls is it possible to get an invite from yur spouse but Yu Nd your spouse decide to book a hotel instead of staying in d family house?...Nd we intend stating this in the application i.e we would book a hotel instead of staying in the house?....pls I need advise on this.

Yes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aktai: 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2018
Thanks for the response, i forgot to ask these questions on my last message:
= a place from the UK online form where the ask if you have been refused visa in any other country apart from UK, i wrote NO unconsciously because other information to are under such as deported and refused entry, i just felt they are general so i wrote NO. I hope it will not have effect on my application?

= Since i work with a company and the company have deducted tax before i get paid, i guess it not needed i add any form of tax to my document, though i do not have any visible. i'm sure they have tax card in Lagos but we dont in Ibadan...any help pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aktai: 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2018
= a place from the UK online form where the ask if you have been refused visa in any other country apart from UK, i wrote NO unconsciously because other information to are under such as deported and refused entry, i just felt they are general so i wrote NO. I hope it will not have effect on my application?

= Since i work with a company and the company have deducted tax before i get paid, i guess it not needed i add any form of tax to my document, though i do not have any visible. i'm sure they have tax card in Lagos but we dont in Ibadan...any help pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 6:11pm On Sep 27, 2018
aktai:

This is becoming a consciously unconscious generic answer. It's very simple. We are meant to read all questions in application diligently. If it's a country thats an ally, it might affect your application. But you never can tell. However, it's good to be sincere in all your applications.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kaad: 8:46pm On Sep 27, 2018
jennyhumphrey:

If I may ask, After how many years of your child's birth is the birth certificate issued. Because I had my son May 2017 and his birth cert issued June 2018, I didn't provide additional information to this effect and we are awaiting his visa. What's your take on this please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 9:00pm On Sep 27, 2018
My son was born in June 2017 and I got his birth certificate in July 2018. Since you already submitted just hope for the best.
kaad:

If I may ask, After how many years of your child's birth is the birth certificate issued. Because I had my son May 2017 and his birth cert issued June 2018, I didn't provide additional information to this effect and we are awaiting his visa. What's your take on this please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 9:46pm On Sep 27, 2018
jennyhumphrey:
TLS Ikeja always delay due to the large number of people that use the centre. Please go to the centre before close of business on friday if you dont get a collection email tomorrow to check

Update: Got my passport back today.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 5:20am On Sep 28, 2018
please i would appreciate someone 's urgent response on the issue captured below.
in the portion for cost of living expense in relation to your stay while in the uk what components/parameters is it made up of? { is it just money for feeding and transport while int the uk only}?
2. where should the money i have for shopping and entertainment and leisure reflect? in the cost of living expense ?
please look at this breakdown

say you earn 1,141 pounds monthly as. salary *2= 2282.34 pounds ie 2 months salary is your budget for the trip. Please see it the breakdown is good enough

flight- 268 pounds

feeding - 16 pounds a day{ lunch and dinner} as hotel offers breakfast. *12 days === 192 pounds

travel card for 2 weeks =98 pounds

accommodation -234 pounds

Total is 792 pounds leaving a balance of 808 pounds which is intended for shopping.

total amount the trip will cost personally is 1600

amount you have for the trip is 1800.

does this look good? and where can I put the money for shopping{500} and entertainment {100 pounds..

is the overall budget of 1800 too much for 12 days considering the income
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kaad: 5:31am On Sep 28, 2018
jennyhumphrey:
My son was born in June 2017 and I got his birth certificate in July 2018. Since you already submitted just hope for the best.
Waoo!!! Okay.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Codeblues(m): 6:50am On Sep 28, 2018
Hello gurus, I am having issues with this form as I can select the visa type to enable me create an application.
Note that I have clicked reason for visit (Travel) and visa type (Tourism).
What can I do to select a visa sub type to create an application?
Thanks.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:22am On Sep 28, 2018
Codeblues:
Hello gurus, I am having issues with this form as I can select the visa type to enable me create an application.
Note that I have clicked reason for visit (Travel) and visa type (Tourism).
What can I do to select a visa sub type to create an application?
Thanks.

Either page isn't fully loaded in which case you must do things patiently or you probably have to change browser. That's my own thinking, it could be the site as at now or maybe just network....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 9:04am On Sep 28, 2018
How did it go
Aibisoye0:

Update: Got my passport back today.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Codeblues(m): 9:12am On Sep 28, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Either page isn't fully loaded in which case you must do things patiently or you probably have to change browser. That's my own thinking, it could bei the site as at now or maybe just network....

Attached earlier was from Chrome browser attached now is mozilla browser and it's still yhe same thing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Codeblues(m): 9:36am On Sep 28, 2018
I am really getting confused cos I need the updated website to apply for visit visa from cos my friends have sent me two different website link.

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/uk-visit-visa

Thanks all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2018
jennyhumphrey:
How did it go

Approved. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buyaka(m): 7:20pm On Sep 28, 2018
Jarus:

This is standard email. Everyone gets this. Email doesn't say anything about outcome.

Hope this will not delay decisions more than necessary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buyaka(m): 7:22pm On Sep 28, 2018
TheExalted:
Hello gurus in the house, submitted early September, got a mail 20th of Sep, trying not to panic, has anyone received such message and got approved? Below is the message:

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

Hope this will not delay decisions more than necessary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Codeblues(m): 5:56am On Sep 29, 2018
@justwise, ekpotek and other gurus
Which link below should I used to start a visitor visa application?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:07am On Sep 29, 2018
Codeblues:
@justwise, ekpotek and other gurus
Which link below should I used to start a visitor visa application?

Thanks

Both links are working. The first one is the old system and the second is the new system specifically designed for visitor visa applicants.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Zippy98: 1:02pm On Sep 29, 2018
edmasta01:

I am not an expert (we are all learning), but having helped my mum with hers, let me give my 2 cents...

1. For every claim you make in your application form, you need to provide proof of it. If your mum is a petty trader, ask her to run every income and expenses she gets from her business through her bank account. e.g. If someone wants to pay her, tell her to ask them pay in her bank account, if she needs to pay out, tell her to pay out to their account. We do a lot of cash in hand in Nigeria, which makes it difficult to come up with documentation.

if she can't get farmers to pay into her bank account. Get her to ask the farmers for receipt of payment, she can collect in cash, and then pay it into her bank account. Let her do this for six months. She can use the reciepts (and explain that she collects in cash)or bank account as proof of her business/ties to Nigeria.

2. When you and your brother send her money from the UK, don't do it through the local money agent. Use www.azimo.com or www.worldremit.com to fund from your UK bank account to her Nigerian bank account. With this, you will be able to collect receipts/proof that you fund her accounts. I use this too.

3. Even though you provided your own proof of earnings, your mums needs to be accessed as well. This is something difficult for me to wrap my head around as well, when i applied for my mum.

4. As for the landed property, get your lawyer to write a letter showing that the land ownership was transferred. Also take a photo of the house + use the survey document and also include the proof of payment of C of O + documents from the ministry saying you've applied for C of O.

Dont just transfer 1 million to your mum. It will cause her issues. What you need to transfer few days prior to applying for the visa is money for her flight ticket and maybe £100 for stipends (use Azimo) and then provide proof of that in the application.

I hope this helps you. Finally, be patient. Don't try to rush this.

Thank you for the time taken to explain. And yes step 3 is so unfair given that this wasn't explained properly. My concern now is that I am now on maternity leave, I hope that when I reapply after 6months, they don't complain that my pay is now reduced and I cannot support her as my pay slip will only show maternity pay. I will still however include my husband's pay slip and my savings.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 6:35pm On Sep 29, 2018
Hello people. Please help out. i have made hotel reservation through booking.com using my nigerian naira mastercard and it has automatically cancelled itself and the message sent to my email is iINVALID CREDIT CARD DETAILS. This has recoccured up to 3 times. please any idea what the problem could be? Does it mean you must use a creditcard to book? what othe optipns do I have? please help urgently
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cerezo: 6:45pm On Sep 29, 2018
Make sure you have enough to cover at least one night stay in the hotel you plan to book. Usually, some hotels carry out pre-authorization on your card. By this, they try to hold an amount equivalent to one night or all of your planned stay just to ensure your card is valid. Often times when you don't have up to that amount in your card, it will lead to invalid debit/credit card. I used GT recently and I still have about 39GBP on hold by the hotel. I'll advice you try again and ensure you have an amount covering at least one night stay in that card account. I noticed this is new with some UK hotels.

kokoli:
Hello people. Please help out. i have made hotel reservation through booking.com using my nigerian naira mastercard and it has automatically cancelled itself and the message sent to my email is iINVALID CREDIT CARD DETAILS. This has recoccured up to 3 times. please any idea what the problem could be? Does it mean you must use a creditcard to book? what othe optipns do I have? please help urgently

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 9:40pm On Sep 29, 2018
cerezo:
Make sure you have enough to cover at least one night stay in the hotel you plan to book. Usually, some hotels carry out pre-authorization on your card. By this, they try to hold an amount equivalent to one night or all of your planned stay just to ensure your card is valid. Often times when you don't have up to that amount in your card, it will lead to invalid debit/credit card. I used GT recently and I still have about 39GBP on hold by the hotel. I'll advice you try again and ensure you have an amount covering at least one night stay in that card account. I noticed this is new with some UK hotels.

The GT card you ised,is it foreign currency denominated or naira?
Thanks for your timely response. But my debit card is adequately funded. It still baffles me. Have used 3 other debit cards for different banks and the accounts were adequately funded. i equally booked another hotel on.Bookings.com.and same thing occurred
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:45am On Sep 30, 2018
kokoli:

The GT card you ised,is it foreign currency denominated or naira?
Thanks for your timely response. But my debit card is adequately funded. It still baffles me. Have used 3 other debit cards for different banks and the accounts were adequately funded. i equally booked another hotel on.Bookings.com.and same thing occurred

I suggest that you check your billing address that it the same as in the your bank card record. Also the CBN recent action on Skye Bank has sent cautious signal to international payment gateways. You are likely to have many Nigerian Naira bank cards rejection in the coming months. Solution get a paypal account and link your bank card to it for seem less payment using PayPal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.