Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1527345 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by omicron(m): 11:09am On Oct 07, 2018
DrAwo:

Any thougths on this?
Will appreciate some guidance please...
Thanks
Your budget is good. Total balance you should have depends. Rough estimate is x3 of your budget but some have gotten visa for Plab 2 with just x2. The more money the better. Most important thing is that your account is clean with no irregular expenses or incomes. If there are, explain in detail in a separate "explanation of finances" letter. Keep the application simple. Do not mention academies. All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yispa: 11:39am On Oct 07, 2018
ekpotek:

No problem. Enjoy your trip.

Thanks alot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by berbs: 10:31pm On Oct 07, 2018
A lovely evening to you folks, please I will like to know the minimum I must have in my account to enable me apply for visiting Visa. Thanks and God bless y'all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ntyce(m): 9:58am On Oct 08, 2018
Good day,

I intend travelling to the UK with my wife and kid of 10 months for 7 days.

My wife owns her business which is duly registered in her maiden name.

We have been married for 6 years and intend making the trip as an honeymoon we have longed for.

I work in a bank and earn N5.3 mill per annum (over 9 years).
My salary account balance is low at the moment as I do transfer most of my funds to my wife and mum's account for savings as fixed deposit.
I intend transferring the deposit (3.5mill) upon maturity to my salary account and present to the embassy.
I hope this won't raise a red flag.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:25am On Oct 08, 2018
ntyce:
Good day,

I intend travelling to the UK with my wife and kid of 10 months for 7 days.

My wife owns her business which is duly registered in her maiden name.

We have been married for 6 years and intend making the trip as an honeymoon we have longed for.

I work in a bank and earn N5.3 mill per annum (over 9 years).
My salary account balance is low at the moment as I do transfer most of my funds to my wife and mum's account for savings as fixed deposit.
I intend transferring the deposit (3.5mill) upon maturity to my salary account and present to the embassy.
I hope this won't raise a red flag.

Definitely a red flag. You have simply liquidated your fixed deposit for visa application and you’re likely to be refused. You only need to support your bank account statement with your fixed deposit certificate and a letter of confirmation from your bank that the money will be avaliable to you at short notice. Then explain in a cover letter how you raised the fund for the fixed deposit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mandydaisy: 11:43am On Oct 08, 2018
person123:
Pls I am experiencing difficulties in making payment for my visa application using my debit cards. I tried using verve and now master card. pls what could be wrong. is there anyone experiencing difficulty or is it peculiar to me. I cancelled my last application after payment and demand refund which was never given to me. now after 4 months I started another application but can't make payment. pls any suggestion

Hello please have you been able to make payment yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ntyce(m): 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2018
ekpotek:

Definitely a red flag. You have simply liquidated your fixed deposit for visa application and you’re likely to be refused. You only need to support your bank account statement with your fixed deposit certificate and a letter of confirmation from your bank that the money will be avaliable to you at short notice. Then explain in a cover letter how you raised the fund for the fixed deposit.

Thanks for the response...
How about making use of my wife's account which has the deposit has the main account for the trip however I am not a signatory to the acct as my wife is the sole-signatory.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2018
ntyce:

Thanks for the response...
How about making use of my wife's account which has the deposit has the main account for the trip however I am not a signatory to the acct as my wife is the sole-signatory.

UK visa is accessed on the current circumstances of the applicant. So you will be access on your own financial tie, and not your wife financial tie. Although your wife can sponsor you, still your own financial will still be accessed by the ECO.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mandydaisy: 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2018
Hello house, please I'm having difficulty paying for my uk visa because the world pay page keeps showing error 'incorrect postcode' without me putting my details. Please is anyone currently experiencing this or how did u rectify the issue? Thanks for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kashif(m): 5:16pm On Oct 08, 2018
Mandydaisy:
Hello house, please I'm having difficulty paying for my uk visa because the world pay page keeps showing error 'incorrect postcode' without me putting my details. Please is anyone currently experiencing this or how did u rectify the issue? Thanks for your response.

I am also facing a nightmare trying to pay. Tried Mastercards and Visa, no way! Frustrating! My appointment date keeps changing angry angry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mandydaisy: 5:21pm On Oct 08, 2018
Kashif:

I am also facing a nightmare trying to pay. Tried Mastercards and Visa, no way! Frustrating! My appointment date keeps changing angry angry

Maybe it's a problem with their website cos Iv changed browser and it's still same problem. @person123 had thesame payment issue earlier and don't know if he/she was able to eventually pay.

Let's just keep trying, will keep u posted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kashif(m): 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2018
Mandydaisy:

Maybe it's a problem with their website cos Iv changed browser and it's still same problem. @person123 had thesame payment issue earlier and don't know if he/she was able to eventually pay.

Let's just keep trying, will keep u posted.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by person123: 7:39pm On Oct 08, 2018
Mandydaisy:

Hello please have you been able to make payment yet?
not yet, I contacted some travelling against here in abuja., they say it is a general Robles with their new website
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OgeChukwuO: 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2018
Thank you lots. Enjoy your stay
jennyhumphrey:
Am sorry for responding late, I have been in transit and got to London last night. My son is just one so I stated that I will be babysitting him all the through the trip and he would accompany me wherever I go so no need for childcare, I also broke down his budget of 2200 pounds at 500 Naira to 1 pound, milk and cereal 50 pounds , toiletries and pampers 30 pounds, then 2’000 pounds for miscellaneous expenses for both of us. We also noted that a comfortable accommodation is to be provided by my uncle who gave us a letter of invitation. All the best in your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hayatou27: 10:24pm On Oct 08, 2018
ekpotek:

Are you a first timer? If not, congratulations in advance.
@ekpotek, I got my visa today after 9 days of submission. Thanks for the advice

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hayatou27: 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2018
ekpotek:

Are you a first timer? If not, congratulations in advance.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by philip2018(m): 10:44pm On Oct 08, 2018
hayatou27.please help a brotther.list document to process visa and were will i start the processing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by stefanimay: 7:44am On Oct 09, 2018
@ekpotek Nd other gurus

1.,pls in the application,the part they ask for relatives i.e if I have other relatives,do I have to put my sister in law Nd father in law? Cause I don't even have their passport number or should I just put my mother in law which will cover for others cause they all live in same apartment.

2. For the letter i.e invitation Nd sponsorship letter signed by my husband..can it be scanned to me or it should be sent via DHL..I'm asking cause of the signature nd printing it out would make it look like photocopy Nd not original...

Pls it's my first application,I have no idea be I need an answer...Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by stefanimay: 7:47am On Oct 09, 2018
hayatou27:

Hello,is this your first application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 8:44am On Oct 09, 2018
hayatou27:

congratulations I'm happy for you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kaad: 9:47am On Oct 09, 2018
Is it possible for a dependant to arrive the UK before the main applicant. Will there be a challenge at the POE

Also if one patent is traveling with a child ( less than 2years old) what are the likely questions he would be ask at POE and what documents does he need to show.

Thanks!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adegoks1234(m): 10:18am On Oct 09, 2018
Good morning guys. I have been trying to make payment for my visa application for days now. I keep getting an error message from Worldpay. Can someone in the UK help in the payment? Or is the payment website down worldwide?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tbabeey: 11:23am On Oct 09, 2018
Please i need advice. I'm so confused, I dont know if this is the right thread to post this. Im applying for a tier 2 visa as i already have an employer in the uk. However, i want my mum to come along so she can help out with my son for the first 2months. She has never travelled before. If she applies for a visit visa, i dont know how to meet up with the requirements since i dont live in the united kingdom at the moment. Please how do i go about this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by galazito: 11:48am On Oct 09, 2018
Gurus in the house...justwise ekpotek and CO.
Pls am planning of applying for UK tourist visa 6 months just to spend 9 days vacationing hoping to spend 650k. I'm working with a company with a salary of 320k and I have 6 months salary account statement with 800k closing, married with kid.
Pls what are my chances of getting the visa though I have an unused valid visa from One of South America country.

what documents will i get for the application...pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adegoks1234(m): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2018
adegoks1234:
Good morning guys. I have been trying to make payment for my visa application for days now. I keep getting an error message from Worldpay. Can someone in the UK help in the payment? Or is the payment website down worldwide?
Finally able to pay. Thanks all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kashif(m): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2018
adegoks1234:
Finally able to pay. Thanks all

How were you able to pay? Mastercard or Visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2018
galazito:
Gurus in the house...justwise ekpotek and CO.
Pls am planning of applying for UK tourist visa 6 months just to spend 9 days vacationing hoping to spend 650k. I'm working with a company with a salary of 320k and I have 6 months salary account statement with 800k closing, married with kid.
Pls what are my chances of getting the visa though I have an unused valid visa from One of South America country.

what documents will i get for the application...pls

Your account balance is way too low considering your present balance, ur budget and dependants , how much is gonna be left in ur account after spending 650 from 800, what are you gonna fall back on ? My advise for you is to wait till ur able to save like 1.6m ... have like 3 times the amount ur planning to spend in ur account and your gonna smile at the end . No lodgement pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adegoks1234(m): 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
Kashif:

How were you able to pay? Mastercard or Visa?
None. I got someone to help me pay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Innopre983: 1:12pm On Oct 09, 2018
hayatou27:

Please what were your budget for the trip? How much was your balance and please what is your salary monthly? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 2:54pm On Oct 09, 2018
[quote author=person123 post=71841886] someone please respond to my inquiry pleeeeeee

Two people I know paid last week with bank master card and Access bank visa card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Juliansamuel: 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hello guys, Pls I'm here again.

I have a permanent job with all the necessary documents and statements to back it up.

I also have a side business that I do which is important for me to include in application because that's where 70% of my savings come from.

I have a current account that shows my salary
I also have a savings account that I transfer my salary to and any money I make from my business which is where the money for my vacation is coming out from.

I have CAC registration for my business.
Someone mentioned here that if you have registered your business but do not have tax clearance, then there's no point to submit the CAC registration at all.
How true is that and won't it affect the application even after explaining it in the cover letter.

I'll await your responses. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xeighy(m): 5:32pm On Oct 09, 2018
adegoks1234:
None. I got someone to help me pay

Someone in the UK?

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.