Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,072 members, 7,814,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1527311 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OnyxOnyx: 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2018
Mandydaisy:
Hello house, please I'm having difficulty paying for my uk visa because the world pay page keeps showing error 'incorrect postcode' without me putting my details. Please is anyone currently experiencing this or how did u rectify the issue? Thanks for your response.

I am also experiencing this problem. Have you got any solutions yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by galazito: 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2018
ijeshaoflondon:

Your account balance is way too low considering your present balance, ur budget and dependants , how much is gonna be left in ur account after spending 650 from 800, what are you gonna fall back on ? My advise for you is to wait till ur able to save like 1.6m ... have like 3 times the amount ur planning to spend in ur account and your gonna smile at the end . No lodgement pls.

that actually my older post...I earn 324k monthly and I planned to stay for 7 day spending 600k and my closing is 1.2m plus. what would be your advise? pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hayatou27: 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2018
stefanimay:

Hello,is this your first application?
yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hi ekpotek,justwise,frontpagelawyer and all other gurus that have been keeping the thread going with their good work.

pls i need your assistance in applying for uk visa as a first timer.

1. i work with a company where i get a salary of 350k per month with annual commission and bonus.Monthly salaries go into my account so as my annual commissions and bonuses.
The issue is that im expecting my aaccumulated annual commission and bonus(2m+)to be paid next week before i submit my application,hope this will not be considered as a lodgement in my account as this will be my available balance for this application and vaccation. AND how long do i need to leave the cash in account before printing statement

2.i have another income of 75k per month which goes into another account. I also use the same account for some petty businesses,transactions between 5k and 100k, money comes in and out of the account everyday but dont have a good balance.
How do i present this account to the ECO or should i just leave this bank statement out of the application?

3.Have a sister in UK but she's not the one inviting me,will be staying in the hotel.
Hope the ECO will not be like why is she not inviting... and do i need to state in my form that i have a relative in uk?

4.Have travelled to Turkey and US on my old pport BUT my renewed US visa expired last month unused.
Hope this will not affect the UK application.

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 9:22pm On Oct 09, 2018
Daddy please give mum a consent letter addressed to the Nigerian immigration with your passport page attached to it. Also take along the original birth certificate
kaad:
Is it possible for a dependant to arrive the UK before the main applicant. Will there be a challenge at the POE

Also if one patent is traveling with a child ( less than 2years old) what are the likely questions he would be ask at POE and what documents does he need to show.

Thanks!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Juliansamuel: 5:47am On Oct 10, 2018
Someone should please respond,. Justwise, ekpotec,
CyberKnight and co

Hello guys, Pls I'm here again.

I have a permanent job with all the necessary documents and statements to back it up.

I also have a side business that I do which is important for me to include in application because that's where 70% of my savings come from.

I have a current account that shows my salary
I also have a savings account that I transfer my salary to and any money I make from my business which is where the money for my vacation is coming out from.

I have CAC registration for my business.
Someone mentioned here that if you have registered your business but do not have tax clearance, then there's no point to submit the CAC registration at all.
How true is that and won't it affect the application even after explaining it in the cover letter.

I'll await your responses. Thank you. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lovesavvi: 7:17am On Oct 10, 2018
pls which one is faster between Ikeja center and vi center ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by megastu(m): 8:08am On Oct 10, 2018
If i am a visa officer, i would query 70% of your earnings coming from your side business while only 30% comes from your day job.

Please look at your packaging again.
Juliansamuel:
CyberKnight and co

I have a permanent job with all the necessary documents and statements to back it up.

I also have a side business that I do which is important for me to include in application because that's where 70% of my savings come from.

I also have a savings account that I transfer my salary to and any money I make from my business which is where the money for my vacation is coming out from.

Someone mentioned here that if you have registered your business but do not have tax clearance, then there's no point to submit the CAC registration at all.
How true is that and won't it affect the application even after explaining it in the cover letter.

I'll await your responses. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 9:02am On Oct 10, 2018
What do you mean by faster? Ikeja is a free serviced center hence more people go there. To use Vi you have to pay like 20k extra. I have used both centers, I arrived Ikeja for my 11.30 appointment and left sometime after 4.pm on 27th July, I also went to vi at 11.30 on sept 4 and left before 12.30. I also noticed vi notifies people of the passport return before Ikeja. Please weigh your options vis a vis the extra cost d
lovesavvi:
pls which one is faster between Ikeja center and vi center ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 10:13am On Oct 10, 2018
tasho105:
Hi ekpotek,justwise,frontpagelawyer and all other gurus that have been keeping the thread going with their good work.

pls i need your assistance in applying for uk visa as a first timer.

1. i work with a company where i get a salary of 350k per month with annual commission and bonus.Monthly salaries go into my account so as my annual commissions and bonuses.
The issue is that im expecting my aaccumulated annual commission and bonus(2m+)to be paid next week before i submit my application,hope this will not be considered as a lodgement in my account as this will be my available balance for this application and vaccation. AND how long do i need to leave the cash in account before printing statement

2.i have another income of 75k per month which goes into another account. I also use the same account for some petty businesses,transactions between 5k and 100k, money comes in and out of the account everyday but dont have a good balance.
How do i present this account to the ECO or should i just leave this bank statement out of the application?

3.Have a sister in UK but she's not the one inviting me,will be staying in the hotel.
Hope the ECO will not be like why is she not inviting... and do i need to state in my form that i have a relative in uk?

4.Have travelled to Turkey and US on my old pport BUT my renewed US visa expired last month unused.
Hope this will not affect the UK application.

thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adegbitetunji(m): 10:14am On Oct 10, 2018
OnyxOnyx:

Click PAGA VERVE....I used it and the payment went through...you can pay with master or visa card...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Juliansamuel: 10:19am On Oct 10, 2018
That is not even the bone of contention as its a scenario that I only understands and I have an explanation for that. My question is about CAC certificate and tax which you didn't answer. At least help answer the one I asked first before looking at another thing.
And of course, I cannot control my transactions with customers and beg them not to buy from me cos I don't want my gain to superceed my salary.

megastu:
If i am a visa officer, i would query 70% of your earnings coming from your side business while only 30% comes from your day job.

Please look at your packaging again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cyberknight: 1:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
Juliansamuel:
CyberKnight and co

I'll await your responses. Thank you.

Short answer - you should submit evidence of the transactions that you have done which generated the income, as well as payment of tax on the income all of which goes to prove its legitimacy.

Secondly, in the future (or if you find it possible to postpone your application), separate your bank accounts. Reviewing the sources of applicants' funds is part of the UK ECOs' remit and if your transactions seem too intricate to them they might just give up and discard your matter. In other words, don't give them work.

I'm in the same situation with you - I have another source of income as well - and I make sure that goes into a separate account, and pay some tax on it, and present both statements when applying for visas.

Thirdly, there's nothing wrong with your income from business exceeding that from employment; people remain in employment for various reasons in such situations, could be security, the desire to remain active, or to maintain a career, etc.

Lastly, sometimes, when you know that you're going to have to send in applications to difficult bureaucracies such as the UK Home Office, it is worth starting to prepare in advance of the application proper by sorting out financials and other paperwork well ahead of the 6 months bank statement period. I'm planning to apply in January next year and I've been keeping an eye on this thread since around June just in case, because as you may know, the UK is now determined to match the U.S. in terms of strictness in issuing visas and is sometimes rejecting people who tick all the boxes otherwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by stefanimay: 2:02pm On Oct 10, 2018
hayatou27:
yes

Wow..congrats
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wolvesgigs: 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Have always been a Guest on the forum for over six (6) years, just want to let members here know that with detail information available on the forum you stand a chance of getting visa.

I applied for my mum to visit the UK back in 2015 (her 1st application on a new passport), her six month visa was granted but I made a mistake, I filled the application form for my mum but didn't specified duration of which she eventually spent 5 months in the UK.

I applied to renew her visa twice after her visit , she was refused.
Reasons for refusal.
1st Refusal = she overstayed(she spent 4 months 3 weeks) instead of 3 weeks and large deposit in her account, ECO not sure she will return.
2nd Refusal= No clear source of income and large deposit.

Action point.
The last refusal was last year, the application was reviewed and process by a UK based Immigration lawyer, so based on the refusal, I decided not to use any lawyer again . I decided to be sending a specific amount of money to my mum every month (I was using a registered money transfer company and keeping receipt of transactions) , I asked my sis to collect rent from my mum tenants and pay it to her (mum account) on a specific day of the month which we run for 8 months.
Recent Application.
I filled the form myself, print out all receipt of money sent to her for over 8 months and I explained that the large amount of money that I sent to my mum was for my brother Master degree school fees.
List of document
Invitation letter (stated my mum is coming for 3 weeks for my son birthday)
proof of my employment
receipt of transfer
bank statement (joint account)
Water bill
Council tax
mortgage details.

My Mum document
Passport
Land documentation
letters from my junior one (stating she is responsible for their school fees and other financial needs).

Note
My mum account balance before application was not up to 400k Naira.

The application took 9 working days and she was given 2 years visa.

11 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Juliansamuel: 2:46pm On Oct 10, 2018
Thanks a lot Cyberknight ,God bless you richly.
Cyberknight:

Short answer - you should submit evidence of the transactions that you have done which generated the income, as well as payment of tax on the income all of which goes to prove its legitimacy.

Secondly, in the future (or if you find it possible to postpone your application), separate your bank accounts. Reviewing the sources of applicants' funds is part of the UK ECOs' remit and if your transactions seem too intricate to them they might just give up and discard your matter. In other words, don't give them work.

I'm in the same situation with you - I have another source of income as well - and I make sure that goes into a separate account, and pay some tax on it, and present both statements when applying for visas.

Thirdly, there's nothing wrong with your income from business exceeding that from employment; people remain in employment for various reasons in such situations, could be security, the desire to remain active, or to maintain a career, etc.

Lastly, sometimes, when you know that you're going to have to send in applications to difficult bureaucracies such as the UK Home Office, it is worth starting to prepare in advance of the application proper by sorting out financials and other paperwork well ahead of the 6 months bank statement period. I'm planning to apply in January next year and I've been keeping an eye on this thread since around June just in case, because as you may know, the UK is now determined to match the U.S. in terms of strictness in issuing visas and is sometimes rejecting people who tick all the boxes otherwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lexxymo: 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2018
Hello,
Am going for a training
Am on net salary of 70k,I have been working more than 5 years,( 1) how much should I personally have in my account, as my sister is sponsoring the trip and am staying for one week ,am married with kids
(2) what are the supporting will be needing from her
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2018
[quote author=tasho105 post=71951089][/quote]

1. So far you have documents to show that the payment was bonus and commision earn from your work place. Then its okay. Your salary is good

2. You do not need to present this account or talk about any side business in your application. You salary account is enough.

3. Yes disclose that you have a relative in the UK. It is your perogative to visit or not visit her. If you want to visit her, then get invite from her and other necessary documents to establish her status in the UK. If not book hotel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kaad: 7:41pm On Oct 10, 2018
jennyhumphrey:
Daddy please give mum a consent letter addressed to the Nigerian immigration with your passport page attached to it. Also take along the original birth certificate
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by galazito: 11:02pm On Oct 10, 2018
how long can one work in a company before you can travel for vacation abroad?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olystic: 4:41am On Oct 11, 2018
please can someone tell me where i got it wrong

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olystic: 4:49am On Oct 11, 2018
significant savings and financial assets what do they mean by that i submitted salary account statement with cash inflow and out flow opening balance of 4million cloising balance 5.6million and they denied me on probability. my country Nigeria. I have been working for over 5years. Although I have not visited and western country just South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, Ghana, UAE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nsiehi: 8:11am On Oct 11, 2018
olystic:
significant savings and financial assets what do they mean by that i submitted salary account statement with cash inflow and out flow opening balance of 4million cloising balance 5.6million and they denied me on probability. my country Nigeria. I have been working for over 5years. Although I have not visited and western country just South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, Ghana, UAE.

It seems you do not have any asset, like landed properties, treasury bills etc, that will serve as your ties to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Juliansamuel: 9:37am On Oct 11, 2018
So sorry about your refusal.
What I feel is that the eco feels you have a good job that have produced you that kind of closing and opening balance but with such an amount of money, you didn't buy assets, you aren't married, then what are you saving such huge amount for.

Then you don't have friends or family in the UK, you are like a free person with nothing much to think about, so you can decide to inhabit anywhere you like. Although you have a job to come back to but I guess it isn't enough.

My advice is to buy a land, Treasury bill or something. It isn't compulsory or by force for you to get married cos of an application. If u live in a rented apartment, you should have put a tenacy agreement or maybe rent receipts.

All your documents were just and only from your job.
olystic:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:59am On Oct 11, 2018
olystic:
please can someone tell me where i got it wrong

Sorry for the refusal. Basically the ECO did not believed your intentions and purpose for the visa. Those reasons listed are just to find something to say and refuse you. Many have gotten visit visa without any significant savings or financial assest. If you are planing to visit the UK it has to be based on something else other than tourism. Say vacation which you can afford. That’s my take.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 12:05pm On Oct 11, 2018
many thanks for your response...God bless

some questions were not answered...
1. for how long do i need to leave the commission from my work in the account before printing statement?

2. hope my unused US visa will not affect this UK application.

ekpotek:

1. So far you have documents to show that the payment was bonus and commision earn from your work place. Then its okay. Your salary is good

2. You do not need to present this account or talk about any side business in your application. You salary account is enough.

3. Yes disclose that you have a relative in the UK. It is your perogative to visit or not visit her. If you want to visit her, then get invite from her and other necessary documents to establish her status in the UK. If not book hotel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2018
tasho105:
many thanks for your response...God bless

some questions were not answered...
1. for how long do i need to leave the commission from my work in the account before printing statement?

2. hope my unused US visa will not affect this UK application.

1. The duration does not matters. What matters is documents to show why the money was paid? Who paid the money? What was the money paid for and if you’re entitled to such payment?

2. It wont affect it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uche13: 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hello All,

Special thanks to all who diligently answers questions.

Please, my sister is applying for a short trip to the UK. She is married with two sets of twins under 4 years and her friend over there sent an invitation that she wants her to visit to have a 'me" time to relax and return refreshed after been stressed . she also emphasized that though she is inviting her, my sister will be responsible for the trip. Her husband also wrote that he will take care of the kids in her absence with the two live in nannies. He also indicated that as a good gesture, he will pay for the flight as he realises his wife deserves a short break.

she has a closing balance of about 1.4M and the total cost of the trip is about 500k. He intends transfering the ticket money to her account and specifically state it is for that purpose, this will bring her closing balance to about 1.7M. Please, will this suffice? Since he is just sending 300k, will his account statement still be needed?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ojoaccess: 1:43pm On Oct 11, 2018
Good afternoon all. Please I once applied for a visit visa to the UK and it was granted. I was asked in the form if i have a relative in the UK and i wrote my sister's name being the one who invited me then. I forgot to write in the form that I also have a cousin in the UK. Now my cousin want to invite me. Is this not going to count against my application? Thanks as I awaits your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wiselong: 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2018
Add Postcode under your residential address in your application form and then try again

You can google the post code of your address

OnyxOnyx:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2018
uche13:
Hello All,

Special thanks to all who diligently answers questions.

Please, my sister is applying for a short trip to the UK. She is married with two sets of twins under 4 years and her friend over there sent an invitation that she wants her to visit to have a 'me" time to relax and return refreshed after been stressed . she also emphasized that though she is inviting her, my sister will be responsible for the trip. Her husband also wrote that he will take care of the kids in her absence with the two live in nannies. He also indicated that as a good gesture, he will pay for the flight as he realises his wife deserves a short break.

she has a closing balance of about 1.4M and the total cost of the trip is about 500k. He intends transfering the ticket money to her account and specifically state it is for that purpose, this will bring her closing balance to about 1.7M. Please, will this suffice? Since he is just sending 300k, will his account statement still be needed?

Thank you
Yes. How else will the ECO knows that the N300K came from her husband bank account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.