Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1534871 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 12:01pm On Oct 23, 2018
God bless. Am most grateful

from my little knowledge about UK visa, i dont think you have anything to worry about.i know people who got 5yrs visa with balance of less than 2M.
maybe the pros in the house will elaborate more on other item raised[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adegoks1234(m): 12:20pm On Oct 23, 2018
BossLadyCEO:
Hi All, I got my visa today cheesy,
Lemme advise y'all, don't book any hotel needing credit card details because any funny events can happen with your card or your bank. This situation almost got me unnerved. When you get your visa, you can then book your hotel of interest for your stay. I had to call the hotel I booked like a million times after they cancelled my booking and had no availability on my dates, when I already submitted my application. Of which my bank were the ones blocking the transaction on my card, I showed those ones na when I went there. Told them they will refund my visa fee, if I got denied because of the issue. All in all, for a frequent UK traveller, this is the first time I have been so anxious about the outcome of my visa that I almost had high BP. Thank God o, LESSON LEARNT, no way will I ever reserve an hotel requiring credit card info for my visa application.
All the best to others who were thrown in this mess by booking.com

Congratulations ma
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Enishit: 1:05pm On Oct 23, 2018
**BEWARE ITS A LONG POST NO KNOWLEDGE IS LOST*
Good day everyone I need a good advise please do not abuse me I know my faults already. I once have a private chat with Just wise and he was good with the questions I asked. I was a student in the UK, so in August 28, 2008 I re-applied to extend my stay in the UK but I could not submit my bank statements cos I have huge transactions especially Salary cos I was working more than 20hrs a week. I have an Uncle that Owns a Elderly home which I worked in the nite for 6days and go to sch for 3days in a week. So sometimes in November 2008 I was asked to send in my statement of acct which I was so scared and confused but then I have a friend she’s from Uganda that said she will introduced me to some guys which she did that it was those guys that helped her with the bank statements she used to get her papers those guys requested for my original bank statements ( Note she actually has an indefinite leave to remain). So I follow suit. I was so skeptical about it when I saw the forged ones but was like I shd submit they don’t always confirm, that’s was how I submitted it. So in January 2009 I got a message to sign that they won’t to confirm my statements chai my heart Jumps and I called the lady she said I shd sign it immediately and send so they won’t think am trying to hide something so immediately signed and even sent tru first class delivery. But I couldn’t clear it off my head. So I made a decision to withdraw my application and came back to Nigeria I withdrew the application and Got back my passport on February 12,2009 and left UK on the 2nd March, 2009.
I try applying for a visit visa with my family in 2012 but due to the fact that my husband did not submit his personal statements of acct instead he submitted the company statements we were refused and I dint get any letter confirming if I was ban just the financial part of it. In 2013 I want to go further my education applied for student visa in April then I got the ban letter even thou my application for the student visa met the requirements I was denied under Pag 370 blah blah that deception in my former application in 2008. Thou all information on my statements was correct except the transactions so if I apply again I will still get the same answer until August 2018.
Now my SIL who is a BC is having a party in Dec and My family will like to go visit. Please what adivse can you give me?
1) Shd I apply alone without my family to tackle the issues.
2) shd I apply with my family.
I work as medical Personnel and also double up as my boss PA most times. He told me to let the company apply for me, he also have a 5yrs Visa. I have good records on finiacial aspects thou sometimes the company can deposit some money into my acct for disbursement either for events or some other work related stuffs. I have savings in my dorm acct which I don’t use unless traveling outside the country. Have been to few countries on tourist visa.
Thanks for you input will appreciate your comments.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2018
Since your application has been decided, if you're based in Lagos I suggest you go to the TLS office to find out if they have received your passport.

peng4:
Good morning everyone.

Please I need help and advice.

I applied for a UK standard visa for the first time this year, was issued, used it for what was intended and it expired this September. Have another training in the UK this week and I applied last week Monday for my visa. I emailed the international call centre to track my application and was told my visa status was decided Sunday midnight. The issue is that I am yet to receive a pick up email from the visa application centre at Ikeja and my training is due to start on Wednesday. Please what do you advice I do?

Any suggestion will help.

Thank you so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mrkayyyy: 2:09pm On Oct 23, 2018
Afternoon guys , my mum, myself and my younger brother plan to apply for Uk visa in December just for vacation. She has over 2m in her account and I also wanna ask what are the other requirements for the visa and do we stand a chance of getting the visa.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 2:20pm On Oct 23, 2018
Let me advise you. Getting a UK visa is not about the amount of money in your account but about the combination of some other things.
Ask yourself these questions;
Are you able to afford this trip without braking your bank account/?
How well established are you in Nigeria?
How meaningful is your proposed visit to UK?
What is/are those things that you've in Nigeria that will compel you to leave UK at the end of your visit?

The answers to these question will be your guide. If you read this space from page 1 you'll have a good understanding of the kind of documents you'll need to apply for the visa.

Mrkayyyy:
Afternoon guys , my mum, myself and my younger brother plan to apply for Uk visa in December just for vacation. She has over 2m in her account and I also wanna ask what are the other requirements for the visa and do we stand a chance of getting the visa.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cyberknight: 2:26pm On Oct 23, 2018
Enishit:
Good day everyone I need a good advise please do not abuse me I know my faults already. I once have a private chat with Just wise and he was good with the questions I asked. I was a student in the UK, so in August 28, 2008 I re-applied to extend my stay in the UK but I could not submit my bank statements cos I have huge transactions especially Salary cos I was working more than 20hrs a week. I have an Uncle that Owns a Elderly home which I worked in the nite for 6days and go to sch for 3days in a week. So sometimes in November 2008 I was asked to send in my statement of acct which I was so scared and confused but then I have a friend she’s from Uganda that said she will introduced me to some guys which she did that it was those guys that helped her with the bank statements she used to get her papers those guys requested for my original bank statements ( Note she actually has an indefinite leave to remain). So I follow suit. I was so skeptical about it when I saw the forged ones but was like I shd submit they don’t always confirm, that’s was how I submitted it. So in January 2009 I got a message to sign that they won’t to confirm my statements chai my heart Jumps and I called the lady she said I shd sign it immediately and send so they won’t think am trying to hide something so immediately signed and even sent tru first class delivery. But I couldn’t clear it off my head. So I made a decision to withdraw my application and came back to Nigeria I withdrew the application and Got back my passport on February 12,2009 and left UK on the 2nd March, 2009.
I try applying for a visit visa with my family in 2012 but due to the fact that my husband did not submit his personal statements of acct instead he submitted the company statements we were refused and I dint get any letter confirming if I was ban just the financial part of it. In 2013 I want to go further my education applied for student visa in April then I got the ban letter even thou my application for the student visa met the requirements I was denied under Pag 370 blah blah that deception in my former application in 2008. Thou all information on my statements was correct except the transactions so if I apply again I will still get the same answer until August 2018.
Now my SIL who is a BC is having a party in Dec and My family will like to go visit. Please what adivse can you give me?
I work as medical Personnel and also double up as my boss PA most times. He told me to let the company apply for me, he also have a 5yrs Visa. I have good records on finiacial aspects thou sometimes the company can deposit some money into my acct for disbursement either for events or some other work related stuffs. I have savings in my dorm acct which I don’t use unless traveling outside the country. Have been to few countries on tourist visa.

I don't think it's wise to apply to the UK immediately the ban is over.
Continue travelling to the other countries you've been visiting on vacation and give the UK a couple of years.

Secondly, try and clean up your accounts with respect to the money the company deposits there and which you disburse. Always remember that while we might operate in this way in Nigeria, to a westerner it looks strange for a company to deposit corporate funds into an employee's personal account for business purposes. Separate those accounts and run the one you'll present for visa purposes with only your funds for at least 6 months. You must be aware that the UK visa people are very keen on checking financials and anything that looks strange to them is a reason for rejection. Don't give them any more than you can afford to.

Thirdly, you must be aware that the UK has tightened up considerably and they're rejecting people these days who previously would have qualified, and with your history you have a greater burden of credibility to overcome, so take time to craft any application properly and make sure it ticks all boxes. I would also suggest you drop the attending party reason for your visit and seek another.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2018
Good Evening All! Please I want to know if VO will grant me a visa for paying for a course to attend in UK when such course can also be done in Nigeria.
Going for a full day or 3day course in UK is it enough reason to apply for a visa in UK. Though am contemplating if going for a safety conference workshop will be better than attending safety course .

Please what are your options.
Counting on you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 5:16pm On Oct 23, 2018
Abeg house I need your suggestions to my question earlier sent. Abeg ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oloyadams: 5:42pm On Oct 23, 2018
Hello guys!
I have once been given 6 month visa once in 2014 to visit the United Kingdom which I did. I want to go for my renewal now.
How do I go about it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ashekmoney: 5:44pm On Oct 23, 2018
hello house

Please I need urgent respond my appointment is tomorrow and my hotel reservation was cancel today due to they are unable to charge my debit card and i try to rebooked no available date for my date again and i called the hotel and they said nothing they can do on that. that i should choose another date. and have booked another hotel and write a cover letter to explain that the address on my application form have change to a new hotel with the confirmation page of the reservation

please i need ur advice on this house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ngosoo: 10:12pm On Oct 23, 2018
All the Gurus in the house gather here for clarificaion.

I have a family friend inviting/sponsoring me for vacation in the UK come December, someone is of the opinion he file an application for me over there since he is sponsoring me..according to the person the UK embassy will see if he is eligible to invite/sponsor me
then he would b giving a letter for me to present at the embassy here......and that if I meet their requirements here then I would be granted visa without filling online application form.
Can someone confirm this for me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BossLadyCEO: 10:29pm On Oct 23, 2018
Ngosoo:

I have a family friend inviting/sponsoring me for vacation in the UK come December, someone is of the opinion he file an application for me over there since he is sponsoring me..according to the person the UK embassy will see if he is eligible to invite/sponsor me
then he would b giving a letter for me to present at the embassy here......and that if I meet their requirements here then I would be granted visa without filling online application form.

That is sacamanje o, no go fall o. SCAM japa �‍♂️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DrTony1(m): 5:36am On Oct 24, 2018
DrTony1:
Hello guys. You guys have been doing a nice job here.

I have an issue I need help with. I was refused a visitors visa early this year and later reapplied and got the visa to UK. Travelled and came back.

However, I now applied for Visa recently, a Tier 2 Visa and mistakenly ticked NO to the question: Have you ever been denied Visa. It was js an oversight, just realized I didnt see the question well when applying online

I have done biometrics and all. Please how has had experience concerning this scenario. I heard about the ban but does it apply for someone who has gone to the UK and back. Please what is the next step to folllow too

Hello everyone, my kind regards to Legend, justwise, jarus and folmus.

About my mistake in my Tier 2, I later contacted UKVI via email and even called them and Abuja High Commission telling them I made a mistake and also sending my refusal letter.

Good news is, I got the Visa. Thank God almighty for everything. I just wanted to let anyone who made a mistake know you can contact UKVI for correction. in my case I sene emails repeatedly with reminders almost every other day after UKVI rejected my request to withdraw my application twice. Good luck guys

I appreciate all your kind input here cc:Legend, justwise, jarus and folmus and every one else here. Bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by debopopson: 9:44am On Oct 24, 2018
Hello House,

i have an enquiry...my wife has a valid US visa(visited the US like 3 times 2018,2017,2016) and has visited the UK like 4 times (2018, 2016,2015,2014) on visiting visa. However, she resigned from the bank like 5 months ago and she intends to visit the UK in December again.

Although we renew our visas every year doing 6 months visa because we know we travel just once in a year. However, she wants to travel this December (we were there June this year for 2 weeks). she is no longer working but she is into catering business now with a very high turnover on her statement (but not registered).

I do not want to make things too complex by saying i am sponsoring her, blablabla...although i work...can she apply based on her own merit for another 6 months visa? or i should still write as her sponsor? Her current visa will expire 1st week in November.

Awaiting opinions please!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by herrik066: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2018
Any crime in using airbnb?

adegoks1234:
Congratulations ma
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:06am On Oct 24, 2018
Enishit:

If you think your ban has been lifted in 2018. Then go ahead and apply. Do not involve your family until your get your visa. However, since your immigration records with the UK already showed immigration intention with deception based on your 2008 application (withdraw or not), getting a UK visitor visa will be a very difficult hurdle to cross in my own opinion not minding your cureent financial circumstances.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:09am On Oct 24, 2018
Mrkayyyy:

Read backwards. Many have listed the documents they submitted for their visitor visas.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:13am On Oct 24, 2018
Chibabe4Christ:
Good Evening All! Please I want to know if VO will grant me a visa for paying for a course to attend in UK when such course can also be done in Nigeria.
Going for a full day or 3day course in UK is it enough reason to apply for a visa in UK. Though am contemplating if going for a safety conference workshop will be better than attending safety course .

Please what are your options.
Counting on you

You can only know if you apply. Regardless of of the course is also offered in Nigeria, if you’re qualified you will be given the visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:18am On Oct 24, 2018
Oloyadams:
Hello guys!
I have once been given 6 month visa once in 2014 to visit the United Kingdom which I did. I want to go for my renewal now.
How do I go about it?

Apply like you did in 2014. There is nothing like UK visitor renewal. Your application will assessed based your current circumstances in Nigeria. Since were once given a visa and you sticked to visa term, chances are that you will likely get the visa if you do not have any serious problems with your documentation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:21am On Oct 24, 2018
ashekmoney:
hello house

Please I need urgent respond my appointment is tomorrow and my hotel reservation was cancel today due to they are unable to charge my debit card and i try to rebooked no available date for my date again and i called the hotel and they said nothing they can do on that. that i should choose another date. and have booked another hotel and write a cover letter to explain that the address on my application form have change to a new hotel with the confirmation page of the reservation

please i need ur advice on this house

If you have reflected the hotel reservation chnages in your cover letter and the circumstances surrounding it. The ECO are humans and will take it into consideration and may be confirm your new hotel reservation before making a decision.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:23am On Oct 24, 2018
Ngosoo:

SCAM. Even if you’re invited by the Queen, you still need to go through the process of submitting an application either online or paper application at the embassy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:27am On Oct 24, 2018
DrTony1:

Hello everyone, my kind regards to Legend, justwise, jarus and folmus.

About my mistake in my Tier 2, I later contacted UKVI via email and even called them and Abuja High Commission telling them I made a mistake and also sending my refusal letter.

Good news is, I got the Visa. Thank God almighty for everything. I just wanted to let anyone who made a mistake know you can contact UKVI for correction. in my case I sene emails repeatedly with reminders almost every other day after UKVI rejected my request to withdraw my application twice. Good luck guys

I appreciate all your kind input here cc:Legend, justwise, jarus and folmus and every one else here. Bless you all.

Congratulations. However your is work visa, which is different from a tourist/visitor visa. The ECO knows that you will not be staying in an hotel forever during the duration of your work visa. Wish you a nice stay in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:32am On Oct 24, 2018
debopopson:
Hello House,

i have an enquiry...my wife has a valid US visa(visited the US like 3 times 2018,2017,2016) and has visited the UK like 4 times (2018, 2016,2015,2014) on visiting visa. However, she resigned from the bank like 5 months ago and she intends to visit the UK in December again.

Although we renew our visas every year doing 6 months visa because we know we travel just once in a year. However, she wants to travel this December (we were there June this year for 2 weeks). she is no longer working but she is into catering business now with a very high turnover on her statement (but not registered).

I do not want to make things too complex by saying i am sponsoring her, blablabla...although i work...can she apply based on her own merit for another 6 months visa? or i should still write as her sponsor? Her current visa will expire 1st week in November.

Awaiting opinions please!!

You wife has a good travel history to the UK. Change of source of income will not be a deterrent. Let her just explain that she into business now and shows the financial transactions of the business.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:32am On Oct 24, 2018
herrik066:
Any crime in using airbnb?

No.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ashekmoney: 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2018
ekpotek:

If you have reflected the hotel reservation chnages in your cover letter and the circumstances surrounding it. The ECO are humans and will take it into consideration and may be confirm your new hotel reservation before making a decision.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aktai: 3:22pm On Oct 24, 2018
Hello house, I was refuse and I have attach the refusal slip. Kindly help me out on what to do. Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aktai: 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2018
aktai:
Hello house, I was refuse and I have attach the refusal slip. Kindly help me out on what to do. Thanks
I want to reapply because I submitted all necessary documents both from the person who invited me because they did not call him to confirm and also my bank statement shows my monthly income advising it was coming in every month and the company also wrote a letter that was attached stating they have been paying and it shows in the statement. Please I need your help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 4:48pm On Oct 24, 2018
aktai:

I want to reapply because I submitted all necessary documents both from the person who invited me because they did not call him to confirm and also my bank statement shows my monthly income advising it was coming in every month and the company also wrote a letter that was attached stating they have been paying and it shows in the statement. Please I need your help.

Whats the balance on the personal statement of account submitted. Do you receive ur salary in cash , cheques or bank transfer? are you the owner of fabex paints? Whats ur position at work ? let me stop here ...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Deksy: 6:40pm On Oct 24, 2018
Hello hous
I applied for a UK visa, although yet to have my appointment. The last time I applied and got a UK visa was in 2009. During my visit, I had cause to visit the hospital for a minor ailment...(pile). I was not given any medication, and I can't even remember the details, because my cousin took me, and I only had to speak with the doctor. We did not pay for anything.
I did not include it in my application I.e. I didnt tick yes in the place where they asked if I've ever received any medical treatment in the UK.
Do you think I should state it in my cover letter and say that I forgot?
Will my saying yes affect my chances of getting a visa?
Is there anyway they would know if I say No, because I can't remember dropping my passport number at the hospital?
I have travelled to the US several times, but I've not had cause to go to the UK since.
Secondly, my husband applied for a visa, but he forgot to declare that he had a previous passport, even though he stated that he has been refused visa before. The refusal is on his old passport. Can he write that he made a mistake in the cover letter?
Lastly, we applied together as a couple. Would our documents be submitted together or separately? Do I have to make copies of some of the documents we share for each of us. Who gets to submit the original?
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aktai: 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2018
ijeshaoflondon:

Whats the balance on the personal statement of account submitted. Do you receive ur salary in cash , cheques or bank transfer? are you the owner of fabex paints? Whats ur position at work ? let me stop here ...

The balance is 4.2 million and I work there as an executive director, the salary is paid from company account to my personal account. All the money shows it coming from the company to the account and also a letter backing it up from the company.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:55pm On Oct 24, 2018
aktai:

First issue: Your uncle refer to you as his cousin. Why? You are either his nephew or niece.

Second issue: Earning of N2 million salary per month. That is high even for people working in international oil and gas industries. I dont know if any one in a paint industry can earn this fabulous salary.

Third issue: Fabex Paint? Who own it? Is it a limited liability company? What is your position?

The ECO does not believe this company can be paying you that much of a salary per month as stated. These ECO lives in Nigeria and knows the salary ranges for many employment sectors. The ECO has concluded that those purported transfer from Fabex paint is unbelievable and suspicious.

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.