Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,597 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530109 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aktai: 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2018
Thanks for the response, I shared the story before applied for the visa, I needed opinions before applying. The monthl salary was not 2 million, I get paid based on contract won and making sales for the company as an Executive Director. I was not salary based, I receive based on commission on project but when I summed up what was entering from the company monthl it varies but I was able to calculate 2 million and less some other months based on the project that was carried out. What do you suggest I do in this situation?
ekpotek:

First issue: Your uncle refer to you as his cousin. Why? You are either his nephew or niece.

Second issue: Earning of N2 million salary per month. That is high even for people working in international oil and gas industries. I dont know if any one in a paint industry can earn this fabulous salary.

Third issue: Fabex Paint? Who own it? Is it a limited liability company? What is your position?

The ECO does not believe this company can be paying you that much of a salary per month as stated. These ECO lives in Nigeria and knows the salary ranges for many employment sectors. The ECO has concluded that those purported transfer from Fabex paint is unbelievable and suspicious.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ngosoo: 8:44pm On Oct 24, 2018
ekpotek:

SCAM. Even if you’re invited by the Queen, you still need to go through the process of submitting an application either online or paper application at the embassy.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:59am On Oct 25, 2018
aktai:
Thanks for the response, I shared the story before applied for the visa, I needed opinions before applying. The monthl salary was not 2 million, I get paid based on contract won and making sales for the company as an Executive Director. I was not salary based, I receive based on commission on project but when I summed up what was entering from the company monthl it varies but I was able to calculate 2 million and less some other months based on the project that was carried out. What do you suggest I do in this situation?

If you are thinking of reapplying. You will need to provide documentation of each contract won in the last 6 months and documents from Fabex paint showing approvals of agreed payments into your account. These documents should clearly reflect in details how your commission was paid by Fabex Paint. Since you are an executive director and you and not on a salary, you should revised the online application form on Finance to reflect that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aktai: 8:33am On Oct 25, 2018
Thanks ekpotek, I appreciate. I will do just that
ekpotek:

If you are thinking of reapplying. You will need to provide documentation of each contract won in the last 6 months and documents from Fabex paint showing approvals of agreed payments into your account. These documents should clearly reflect in details how your commission was paid by Fabex Paint. Since you are an executive director and you and not on a salary, you should revised the online application form on Finance to reflect that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Deksy: 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2018
Deksy:
Hello hous
I applied for a UK visa, although yet to have my appointment. The last time I applied and got a UK visa was in 2009. During my visit, I had cause to visit the hospital for a minor ailment...(pile). I was not given any medication, and I can't even remember the details, because my cousin took me, and I only had to speak with the doctor. We did not pay for anything.
I did not include it in my application I.e. I didnt tick yes in the place where they asked if I've ever received any medical treatment in the UK.
Do you think I should state it in my cover letter and say that I forgot?
Will my saying yes affect my chances of getting a visa?
Is there anyway they would know if I say No, because I can't remember dropping my passport number at the hospital?
I have travelled to the US several times, but I've not had cause to go to the UK since.
Secondly, my husband applied for a visa, but he forgot to declare that he had a previous passport, even though he stated that he has been refused visa before. The refusal is on his old passport. Can he write that he made a mistake in the cover letter?
Lastly, we applied together as a couple. Would our documents be submitted together or separately? Do I have to make copies of some of the documents we share for each of us. Who gets to submit the original?
Thank you.

Please help respond.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 8:05am On Oct 27, 2018
Hello my peeps.
Respect to all the gurus in the house.

I am in the process of applying for 6 month uk visit visa and the application process seem too complicated unlike US visa which i did myself.

My questions:

1. is it possible for me to do UK visa application by myself without a visa agent?

2. I have completed the online form...stuck on payment. i have GTbank naira master card, can i pay with it and how much with their charges.

3. I have been on my cover letter for almost 2 weeks now, seems one needs a pro to handle it. pls i need a guru in the house that can help with this for a fee
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 10:06am On Oct 27, 2018
Johnokafor10001:
hello , i just got an email from the embassy requesting for more document for my visa application , they requested for my cac and some other business document , do i stand a chance with this ?

If you have those requested documents readily available, Foward them asap. You stand a good chance if you have the documents available . What type of visa did you apply for ? and when was that ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 10:20am On Oct 27, 2018
My gurus in the house - Justwise, Ekpotek and others, please i need your opinion on this issue.

I applied for Visit visa with my wife and son last April but was refused on the basis that i did not state what we intend to do during our stay and i did not show much ties to the country. However, these were stated clearly with evidences in the application as my two other kids are staying back in Nigeria. i travelled alone to African country to use my leave then.

I want to apply for myself alone now to go for my vacation next March. Is it not too early to apply now based on the refusal in May this year? So as not to show desperation? i intend starting the application by December (3 month to intended time of travelling).

Thank you all as i expect your responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 10:22am On Oct 27, 2018
tasho105:
Hello my peeps.

I am in the process of applying for 6 month uk visit visa and the application process seem too complicated unlike US visa which i did myself.

My questions:

1. is it possible for me to do UK visa application by myself without a visa agent?

2. I have completed the online form...stuck on payment. i have GTbank naira master card, can i pay with it and how much with their

3. I have been on my cover letter for almost 2 weeks now, seems one needs a pro to handle it. pls i need a guru in the house that can help with this for a fee

If you could handle the US visa all by urself , then Uk shouldnt be that hard ...

To your questions-

1 Yes you can without an agent.Some agents are "AGENT OF DESTRUCTION". All u need do is to just paste your budgets on here for us to see, If theres need for corrections, then gurus here would advise. Infact if you can read from page 1 to here , then you are far better than the so called agents. Someone gave me stuffs worth 100k last week just for helping her to put uk application together and she got the visa, Just thru the info gathered from here .

2. if you have already filled the application form , Then just use any of your bank card that allows you to make online payments or you go to ur bank and ask if you can use ur card for online payments. I think Ikeja visa feeis like 50k plus and VI like 77k dhl courier like 7k

3. No need for Pros if you can do the write up.. but if you are not too sure you can, Just look for someone... but make sure the person who's gonna write for you really understand your situation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 12:58pm On Oct 27, 2018
My visa application was refused. I have attached the letter. Their reason for the refusal was unexplained deposit. The said deposit was a MATURED fixed deposit on my salary account which has been running for over 4 years.I presented one account statement only which is my salary account and also doubles as my savings account as well. There is a special high yield investment designed exclusively for staff.it is on a 30 days basis after which I increase the amount monthly from my salary. what baffles me is that I included a cover letter explaining the origin of the funds. The last MATURED amount of about 8m waa the only one used as reference point. I explained All the other inflows but ommitted that one even though I used a pen to include it on my application form but Unfortunately only the first page of the application form is now scanned at TLS. Could the refusal have been because I failed to explain that fixed deposit MATURED amount because I have similar inflows In the 6 months account statement provided which I clearly explained as MATURED fixed deposit which matures monthly and is rolled over while Increasing the principal amount. how do I prove the origin and source of funds as the funds in question have been running through my account for over 4 years. The funds have accumulated over the years as I save monthly and add to the fixed deposit. proving it will require account statement of over 4 years.. kindly advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:09pm On Oct 27, 2018
Johnokafor10001:
hello , i just got an email from the embassy requesting for more document for my visa application , they requested for my cac and some other business document , do i stand a chance with this ?

SCAM. UKVI will not make such a request for a visitor visa. Many been refused for not submitting sufficient documents. Why will yours be an exception? If UKVI want to make any clarification from a visitor visa applicant, you will call for an interview.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:14pm On Oct 27, 2018
tasho105:
Hello my peeps.

My questions:

2. I have completed the online form...stuck on payment. i have GTbank naira master card, can i pay with it and how much with their charges.

1. Yes
2. Ask your bank
3. The cover letter is for you to provide additional information not entered in the application form. If you do not have any, there is no need for a cover letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:17pm On Oct 27, 2018
Amolad111:
My gurus in the house - Justwise, Ekpotek and others, please i need your opinion on this issue.

I applied for Visit visa with my wife and son last April but was refused on the basis that i did not state what we intend to do during our stay and i did not show much ties to the country. However, these were stated clearly with evidences in the application as my two other kids are staying back in Nigeria. i travelled alone to African country to use my leave then.

I want to apply for myself alone now to go for my vacation next March. Is it not too early to apply now based on the refusal in May this year? So as not to show desperation? i intend starting the application by December (3 month to intended time of travelling).

The rule is to apply 3 months before your travel date. So December is fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2018
kokoli:
My visa application was refused. I have attached the letter. Their reason for the refusal was unexplained deposit. The said deposit was a MATURED fixed deposit on my salary account which has been running for over 4 years.I presented one account statement only which is my salary account and also doubles as my savings account as well. There is a special high yield investment designed exclusively for staff.it is on a 30 days basis after which I increase the amount monthly from my salary. what baffles me is that I included a cover letter explaining the origin of the funds. The last MATURED amount of about 8m waa the only one used as reference point. I explained All the other inflows but ommitted that one even though I used a pen to include it on my application form but Unfortunately only the first page of the application form is now scanned at TLS. Could the refusal have been because I failed to explain that fixed deposit MATURED amount because I have similar inflows In the 6 months account statement provided which I clearly explained as MATURED fixed deposit which matures monthly and is rolled over while Increasing the principal amount. how do I prove the origin and source of funds as the funds in question have been running through my account for over 4 years. The funds have accumulated over the years as I save monthly and add to the fixed deposit. proving it will require account statement of over 4 years.. kindly advice.

If the ECO did not buy your explanation. Then you need to provide a full 4 years bank statement showing how the fixed deposit started till date. Another Remedy. Separate your salary account from your fixed deposit/savings. Run the account for 6 months and reapply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by geek(m): 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2018
ekpotek:

SCAM. UKVI will not make such a request for a visitor visa. Many been refused for not submitting sufficient documents. Why will yours be an exception? If UKVI want to make any clarification from a visitor visa applicant, you will call for an interview.

He’s a time waster. He’s asked the exact same question with the exact same words in the UK, German, French and USA threads.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Juliansamuel: 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2018
Hello everyone. I am applying for the UK visit visa for my daughter and I but I want to know if the application form is different from the previous ones.

The application I made for myself, some regular questions aren't in the form like:

Cost to you personally for the trip?
How much is airplane tickets?
Cost of accommodation?
Cost of living expenses? Etc
I didn't find these questions in the form I'm filling, I hope I'm not filling a wrong application. Pls help

In my daughter's application, they are asking how much she spends monthly after I put she's a student, there's no option for Nil, am supposed to put a figure for Her? She's only 8.

I need urgent reply as I'm filling the forms, pls help house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Juliansamuel: 7:19pm On Oct 27, 2018
Pls house, how do I pay for prime time appointment at the Tls website, I'm not seeing any link to pay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 6:29am On Oct 28, 2018
Many thanks for your response @ijeshaoflondon,ekpotek and other gurus that are yet to respond

1. I am spending 800k for the trip. I work as a marketing executive with a salary of 350k per month after tax.
I have a balance of 2.5m being my annual commission and bonus paid in by my employer last week,thinking of printing statement next
week.

2. will go to my bank for the visa fee payment

3. For the cover letter, Let me share the points i have been writing on so i can get a proper guide...

i. 5 times cash deposits of 500k in my salary account, same day cash withdrawals of same in 2 bits.

ii. my other regular income is 75k which comes from a space i rent out for business. it comes into my savings account directly from the source every month. This account has day to day credits transactions as i use the account for other side biz and also some of my wife's customers also pay into the account.
We basically use the account to sort the family bills and to cater for the family daily needs, hence the daily debits. Both the credits aand debits transactions are between 5k to 150k. So the statement balance is less than 100k
Not yet sure i'm going to include this statement/biz as it seems too complicated to explain.

iii. Unused expired US visa - reason: was seriously ill for almost 1 year so i couldnt afford the trip, BUT said in my cover letter that i was busy with work. PLS ADVICE

iv. my intl passport which was mistakenly double stamped the departure stamp at MMA on my way to Houston in 2015 with family. one of the stamps was electronically cancelled by immigration upon arrival in Nigeria.

v. 2 properties i bought with the name of my 2 sons like 5 years ago (do i need to explain the source of the funds used to buy the property in the cover letter.

I really hope i'm not missing out any info needed for the cover letter or some points are not necessary to be in the cover letter.

NB
i have a company basically registered for general contracts but we have not done any contract for more than 4 years BUT my other income of 75k monthly is being done with the company name, payments go into my personal savings account.
I have all invoices/receipts, MOUs and other papers in the name of the company.
Sceptical about putting this biz in my application as the coy's tax is not up to date. Pls advice

ijeshaoflondon:

If you could handle the US visa all by urself , then Uk shouldnt be that hard ...

To your questions-

1 Yes you can without an agent.Some agents are "AGENT OF DESTRUCTION". All u need do is to just paste your budgets on here for us to see, If theres need for corrections, then gurus here would advise. Infact if you can read from page 1 to here , then you are far better than the so called agents. Someone gave me stuffs worth 100k last week just for helping her to put uk application together and she got the visa, Just thru the info gathered from here .

2. if you have already filled the application form , Then just use any of your bank card that allows you to make online payments or you go to ur bank and ask if you can use ur card for online payments. I think Ikeja visa feeis like 50k plus and VI like 77k dhl courier like 7k

3. No need for Pros if you can do the write up.. but if you are not too sure you can, Just look for someone... but make sure the person who's gonna write for you really understand your situation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:50am On Oct 28, 2018
Juliansamuel:
Pls house, how do I pay for prime time appointment at the Tls website, I'm not seeing any link to pay.

You can pay it on the appointment date just go with your debit card simple...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 9:08am On Oct 28, 2018
ekpotek:

If the ECO did not buy your explanation. Then you need to provide a full 4 years bank statement showing how the fixed deposit started till date. Another Remedy. Separate your salary account from your fixed deposit/savings. Run the account for 6 months and reapply.

Thanks Ekpotek. If i decide to go the route of printing bank statement for 4 years, am thinking of getting my office to issue letter stating that I have been running that exclusive investment for staff for that lenght of time and that the funds are readily available
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:30am On Oct 28, 2018
kokoli:

Thanks Ekpotek. If i decide to go the route of printing bank statement for 4 years, am thinking of getting my office to issue letter stating that I have been running that exclusive investment for staff for that lenght of time and that the funds are readily available

Sure you can also add that. The more documentation you have to enable you explain and address the concern raised by the ECO, the better.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:01am On Oct 28, 2018
tasho105:
Many thanks for your response @ijeshaoflondon,ekpotek and other gurus that are yet to respond

1. I am spending 800k for the trip. I work as a marketing executive with a salary of 350k per month after tax.
I have a balance of 2.5m being my annual commission and bonus paid in by my employer last week,thinking of printing statement next
week.

2. will go to my bank for the visa fee payment

3. For the cover letter, Let me share the points i have been writing on so i can get a proper guide...

i. 5 times cash deposits of 500k in my salary account, same day cash withdrawals of same in 2 bits.

ii. my other regular income is 75k which comes from a space i rent out for business. it comes into my savings account directly from the source every month. This account has day to day credits transactions as i use the account for other side biz and also some of my wife's customers also pay into the account.
We basically use the account to sort the family bills and to cater for the family daily needs, hence the daily debits. Both the credits aand debits transactions are between 5k to 150k. So the statement balance is less than 100k
Not yet sure i'm going to include this statement/biz as it seems too complicated to explain.

iii. Unused expired US visa - reason: was seriously ill for almost 1 year so i couldnt afford the trip, BUT said in my cover letter that i was busy with work. PLS ADVICE

iv. my intl passport which was mistakenly double stamped the departure stamp at MMA on my way to Houston in 2015 with family. one of the stamps was electronically cancelled by immigration upon arrival in Nigeria.

v. 2 properties i bought with the name of my 2 sons like 5 years ago (do i need to explain the source of the funds used to buy the property in the cover letter.

I really hope i'm not missing out any info needed for the cover letter or some points are not necessary to be in the cover letter.

NB
i have a company basically registered for general contracts but we have not done any contract for more than 4 years BUT my other income of 75k monthly is being done with the company name, payments go into my personal savings account.
I have all invoices/receipts, MOUs and other papers in the name of the company.
Sceptical about putting this biz in my application as the coy's tax is not up to date. Pls advice

1. That’s good financial ties
2. Yes do that
3. You do not need to complicate your application by bringing in side business that you will find difficult to explain. Your income level and closing balance in your salary is good enough. Just explain irregular deposit in your salary account. Your unused USA visa has nothing to do with your application. So there is no need to offer an explanation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ab4m: 11:23am On Oct 28, 2018
Hello room,
I want to apply for UK Visa purposely to break travel history on my passport.

I have a registered company, landed property, share certificate and little fund in my personal account.

My questions are:
1. Will I need tax clearance certificate to support my application?
2. How much funds is suggested to be in my bank account? Planning for just 2 days visit.
3. What are the supporting documents needed for my application?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:28pm On Oct 28, 2018
Amolad111:

Why not apply as a family and correct the mistake from the previous application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2018
Johnokafor10001:

Google the email address that sent you that email to see if it leads you to any UK embassy link. If it does then send those documents as requested.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 5:05pm On Oct 28, 2018
justwise:

Why not apply as a family and correct the mistake from the previous application?

Thank you Justwise.

We would have applied as a family now but finances and other things led to this. My concern is that hope it won't be seen as desperation since we were refused last May.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Heritagee: 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2018
Good day everyone
I'm planning to apply for my husband, mum and son as dependants around December or January in preparation for my delivery. I got to UK in Sept on a tier 2 visa and currently staying in a shared apartment. I'm planning to move to a flat or house. Should I go for a 2-bedroom apartment or 3-bedroom. I'm a total novice in this application of a thing, please any help you can render will be highly appreciated. I'm looking at using an Immigration solicitor though but the charge of £500 per applicant no be here.
Thank you in anticipation of your timely responses

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.