Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529167 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chukscombo360: 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2018
Hello house, First Timer here.
I want to apply for a UK VISA, but I have a friend in UK to send me her necessary documents.i.e Invitation letter,
Data page of her passport,
utility bill,
Statement of account (6month)
Tenancy agreement/mortgage...

As for me can I use my uncle as a sponsor
If yes-- what documents will I get from him

What documents do I provide
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 8:03pm On Nov 01, 2018
chukscombo360:
I want to apply for a UK VISA, but I have a friend in UK to send me her necessary documents.i.e Invitation letter,
utility bill,

How old are you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chukscombo360: 8:16pm On Nov 01, 2018
ijeshaoflondon:

How old are you?

Am a adult
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:17am On Nov 02, 2018
Hi Nairaland fam,

I applied for a 2years uk visiting visa(priority) last thursday yet to receive any decision.
Brief History - I have 13 years of travel history with the uk.
Was a student there for 6years
I also have 10 years of us travel history (1 year as student in the US)

Why is it taking 6 working days? Abuja TLS centre
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 2:24am On Nov 02, 2018
chukscombo360:

Am a adult

An adult ? then u should sponsor yourself .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chukscombo360: 7:00am On Nov 02, 2018
chukscombo360:
utility bill,

The documents I currently have are
1. My passport,
2. My Bank statement ( no much fund)
3. Introduction letter from work
4. Work appointment letter
5.Company I D
6. Land documents with construction currently ongoing on site (worth 3.5milliom)

The reason am using my uncle as sponsor is to assist with his Bank statement and documents to back my application.

Can I use his Bank statement
If Yes-- what are other documents do I get from him.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 9:50am On Nov 02, 2018
Can I book hostel for uk Tourist visa so as to cut my budget...

1.Is it accepted?
2.did anybody here use hostel booking recently?

Pls kindly share experiences

Cc ekpotek. Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:47am On Nov 02, 2018
chukscombo360:

The documents I currently have are
1. My passport,
2. My Bank statement ( no much fund)
3. Introduction letter from work
4. Work appointment letter
5.Company I D
6. Land documents with construction currently ongoing on site (worth 3.5milliom)

The reason am using my uncle as sponsor is to assist with his Bank statement and documents to back my application.

Can I use his Bank statement
If Yes-- what are other documents do I get from him.....

As a working adult your uncle can not sponsor you for visiting visa application to the UK, you go on holiday when you can afford it personally.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:48am On Nov 02, 2018
tasho105:
Can I book hostel for uk Tourist visa so as to cut my budget...

1.Is it accepted?
2.did anybody here use hostel booking recently?

Pls kindly share experiences

Cc ekpotek. Justwise

Yes you can use hotel reservation for visa application.

I have read here about people using hostel booking but i can't recall the outcome of the application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:55am On Nov 02, 2018
wumi247:
Hello house,
Good work guys. Happy New month
I have few questions
I want to apply for visiting visa for me and my son, I want to be the primary applicant but have only worked for 8moths with the government

1) do I need my hubby consent letter?

2) do I need letter from my office?

3) i want to do hotel booking, how much do I need to have in my account before I can use hotel booking and apply

4) apart from my salary account ,can I add my personal saving business and money market account to my statement of account and what other documents can I add to it ?

5) should i print or add my hotel booking details to my application?

6) should i indicate I have family/ friend in UK but they are not giving me invitation letter because they have others they want to give that is why I want to do hotel booking

7) where can i book hotel and cancel later?

1. Yes you do.

2. Leave and employment letter

3. You need to do a budget of the whole trip that will help you as regards as cost of hotel and how much the whole trip will cost you.

4. Yes you can add all those documents and marriage certificate, family pictures etc.

5. That is a must.

6. Declare anybody you know in the UK even as they are not giving you an invitation letter

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:56am On Nov 02, 2018
stefanimay:
Hello all.. Want to say A big thanks to just wise, ekpotek ND everyone in this forum,God bless you o... Applied for 6months visa. First timer with no travel history,.. Got my passport 9days after biometrics...i did d application myself which saved me from 150k I was gonna pay an agent..lol.. thank God. .

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wumi247: 1:36pm On Nov 02, 2018
justwise:

1. Yes you do.

2. Leave and employment letter

3. You need to do a budget of the whole trip that will help you as regards as cost of hotel and how much the whole trip will cost you.

4. Yes you can add all those documents and marriage certificate, family pictures etc.

5. That is a must.

6. Declare anybody you know in the UK even as they are not giving you an invitation letter

@justwise thank you
I appreciate
@no 2 question .for now am not entitle to leave till after two years in the service
But I was told I can ask for causal leave for few days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 3:06pm On Nov 02, 2018
Female clothings Finsbury Park, Liverpool street only on sundays
sgtponzihater1:
Kindly assist me with affordable places to shop in London. For both male and female cloths, especially discount shops., and where to get the best chocolates at affordable rates.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 3:11pm On Nov 02, 2018
For chocolates poundland, lidl and Aldo. Then duty free at the airport sometimes
sgtponzihater1:
Kindly assist me with affordable places to shop in London. For both male and female cloths, especially discount shops., and where to get the best chocolates at affordable rates.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2018
Madam where do you work, I think you are entitled to 15 working days
wumi247:

@justwise thank you
I appreciate
@no 2 question .for now am not entitle to leave till after two years in the service
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:16pm On Nov 02, 2018
wumi247:

@justwise thank you
I appreciate

You need to find out from your employer first and get a written evidence to back that up
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bostin(m): 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2018
sgtponzihater1:
Try TK Max for cheap designer's clothes

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:07pm On Nov 02, 2018
sgtponzihater1:

Try any Primark store. Its the cheapest place to buy cloths in the UK. That’s where Nigerian buys all the cloths you see in Balogun���.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nuga16: 6:31pm On Nov 02, 2018
Evening house,my mum has traveled to UK twice(agent filled her alplication), I want to help her do renewal now, pls how do I go about it, Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by magastefan: 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2018
Hello gurus in the house....I was denied a UK visa in 2009 but I lost the refusal note and now I need to provide it as another country I applied to want to see the refusal letter...Please how do I retrieve it from the embassy...Please dont ignore reply me...thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:26pm On Nov 02, 2018
ekpotek:

Try any Primark store. Its the cheapest place to buy cloths in the UK. That’s where Nigerian buys all the cloths you see in Balogun���.

I heard their cloths don't last at all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nuga16: 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2018
Evening house,
my mum has traveled to UK twice (application done by an agent), and now I want to help her with RENEWAL, pls how do I go about it, thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:07pm On Nov 02, 2018
sgtponzihater1:

I heard their cloths don't last at all.

You heard wrong!!! Anyway, you can also try Mark and Spencer

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wumi247: 12:08am On Nov 03, 2018
jennyhumphrey:
Madam where do you work, I think you are entitled to 15 working days

Local Government
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wumi247: 12:10am On Nov 03, 2018
[quote author=justwise post=72625562]

You need to find out from your employer first and get a written evidence to back

Ok. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lamide123: 12:10am On Nov 03, 2018
chukscombo360:
utility bill,

That is no no.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fopishow(m): 4:19am On Nov 03, 2018
Oga sultek, please confirm how long it takes for CoS to be out on average once an employer applies for one.
sutelk:

I fulfilled the conditions required to practice my profession in the UK, paid for my license, applied for a job, got an offer, my employer applied for the COS and issued me the COS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 5:35am On Nov 03, 2018
nuga16:
Evening house,
my mum has traveled to UK twice (application done by an agent), and now I want to help her with RENEWAL, pls how do I go about it, thanks.

First of all, there is nothing like renewal with the UK visa, you apply like every other person like new application. Search the link online and filled out the application. Note, the info you supply mustn't contradict the content filled out by the agent. Better still, ask the agent to give you the print out or soft copy provided he has it.

Goodluck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sutelk: 6:09am On Nov 03, 2018
fopishow:
Oga sultek, please confirm how long it takes for CoS to be out on average once an employer applies for one.
Usually about a month from when they apply. But in my case it took about 3 months to get my COS from when I got the job. About 2 months sorting issues on their side like references and other HR issues before they applied then another one month to get it after they applied.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 7:13am On Nov 03, 2018
Many thanks for your response justwise.

Still waiting for ekpotek and other members with experience on hostel booking.quote author=justwise post=72618929]

Yes you can use hotel reservation for visa application.

I have read here about people using hostel booking but i can't recall the outcome of the application.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 8:02am On Nov 03, 2018
Haa Marks and Spencer can be on the high side o. Anyways in Finsbury Park you get nice office gowns as low as 5 pounds, 10 pounds. I even bought a Calvin Klein gown for 15 pounds And in Liverpool street they resell stuff gotten from Marks and spencer at very low prices. Trust me these places are even cheaper than primark and m and s
ekpotek:

You heard wrong!!! Anyway, you can also try Mark and Spencer

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.