Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (556) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529159 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 8:01am On Nov 20, 2018
Hello my people
Pls I need to clarify these...

1.on the UK application form,Questions about my finances...do I use naira or pounds?
If pounds, how do I get the UKVI exchange rate?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adegoks1234(m): 8:42am On Nov 20, 2018
tasho105:
Hello my people
Pls I need to clarify these...

1.on the UK application form,Questions about my finances...do I use naira or pounds?
If pounds, how do I get the UKVI exchange rate?

You can use naira in the 'how much do you earn' tab and pounds in the 'cost of your trip' section

For the exchange rate, go to oanda.com.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 2:27pm On Nov 20, 2018
Many thanks...

quote author=adegoks1234 post=73132398] You can use naira in the 'how much do you earn' tab and pounds in the 'cost of your trip' section

For the exchange rate, go to oanda.com. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2018
Hi People,
Just a quick question for a friend, in case someone has the ready answer.
To attend a one week training course given by an institute in the UK, does she need to apply for a Short Term Study Visa or Standard Visitor Visa?
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wumi247: 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2018
Good evening house, I have submitted my application but discovered my hotel booking deadline is 9th Dec to pay or I will be charge on my card if I don't cancel before 9th.
My questions are

1) Should I cancel the booking before 9th and make a new booking? Because Reply to my application will not be ready before 9th.

2) i didnt submit break down of my budget of the amount am spending when I submitted my application ,will it affect the outcome?

3) i also didn't not submit family pictures of my hubby ,I only submitted his consent letter for our son and photocopy of his international passport . Will it affect the outcome?

Thank you gurus in the house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2018
Good day family. Is it possible for a family visit visa application be submitted at separate locations. Here is the scenario. The first born is in a boarding house out of the country. He would be back Dec 15 for xmas holiday. And we wish to visit the UK again for the xmas and new year holiday.
@justwise and the gurus. please support here
@ekpotek

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ashekmoney: 10:25pm On Nov 20, 2018
Hello house I want to ask some questions if someone want to write cover letter do the person need to write breakdown of the trip money on the letter.like fight fee, hotel fee and so on. She's my sister she want to apply as self employed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 11:42pm On Nov 20, 2018
bigbus:
Hi People,
Just a quick question for a friend, in case someone has the ready answer.
To attend a one week training course given by an institute in the UK, does she need to apply for a Short Term Study Visa or Standard Visitor Visa?
Thanks.

Stsndard visitor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 11:50pm On Nov 20, 2018
wumi247:
Good evening house, I have submitted my application but discovered my hotel booking deadline is 9th Dec to pay or I will be charge on my card if I don't cancel before 9th.
My questions are

1) Should I cancel the booking before 9th and make a new booking? Because Reply to my application will not be ready before 9th.

2) i didnt submit break down of my budget of the amount am spending when I submitted my application ,will it affect the outcome?

3) i also didn't not submit family pictures of my hubby ,I only submitted his consent letter for our son and photocopy of his international passport . Will it affect the outcome?

Thank you gurus in the house
1. Is it a non-refundable and/or free cancellation booking? You can cancel for free for up to 48 hours before arrival for most free cancellstion bookings so if your arrival date is not 9th, dont cancel. The hotel wont charge you per say, they can only pre-authorise ( block the funds) your card which will be reveresed when you cancel within the free cancellation window.

2. Not sure it will especially if you answered the trip cost questions in the form correctly and everything is pretty much straightforward.

3. Did you submit marriage cert and evidence of long standing genuine relationship with hubby like messages, emails, calls ? Also if this is not your first UK visa application, i doubt it will be an issue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 11:51pm On Nov 20, 2018
ashekmoney:
Hello house I want to ask some questions if someone want to write cover letter do the person need to write breakdown of the trip money on the letter.like fight fee, hotel fee and so on. She's my sister she want to apply as self employed
Its recommended but not a must.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 6:45am On Nov 21, 2018
ifyalways:

Stsndard visitor
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wumi247: 10:40am On Nov 21, 2018
ifyalways:

1. Is it a non-refundable and/or free cancellation booking? You can cancel for free for up to 48 hours before arrival for most free cancellstion bookings so if your arrival date is not 9th, dont cancel. The hotel wont charge you per say, they can only pre-authorise ( block the funds) your card which will be reveresed when you cancel within the free cancellation window.

2. Not sure it will especially if you answered the trip cost questions in the form correctly and everything is pretty much straightforward.

3. Did you submit marriage cert and evidence of long standing genuine relationship with hubby like messages, emails, calls ? Also if this is not your first UK visa application, i doubt it will be an issue

Thank you for your response

I didn't submit evidence of sms, emails and calls but submitted marriage certificate . This is my 1st UK visa application

I answered correctly to the best of my ability ,it's my 1st UK visa application so I won't know if it's my best ability.

It has free cancellation up to 9th of Dec after the date I will be charge .but arrival date is 17th Dec.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by narpheesarh: 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2018
narpheesarh:
@justwise @ektopek and all other gurus in the house.

1. I am a student undergoing my PhD program in the UK. I want to invite my dad and mum to visit me in the UK this December. They have been denied once due to lump sum of money in their account. My dad is a civil servant (works for Osun state government) that earns about 150,000 after tax. Although what they pay into his salary account after all deductions from cooperatives and mortgage is about 50, 000. He has all other sources of income as well, such as money coming from his private sole proprietorship company. He built houses which he rented out as well. He also has a block industry. The issue is, the salary account is really low, and for the other account, all other sources of money go into it, which makes the account irregular. This was the account he used for the last visa application that was refused. Please advice on what to do regarding this. Presently he has about 2million in this account.
2. For my mum, she runs her business. She is a distributor for different food companies . Her business is registered. The issue is, she doesn't really have a separate account for her business. Payments made to her are also in cash. Money made after sales are sent to the company she normally gets her goods from in order to buy more goods. Sometimes if she is not ready to order for more goods, she can make the payment to her account pending the time she is ready as she can't keep money in her shop. She spends from this account as well, she doesn't keep a particular amount on a monthly basis for savings . How do we go about this to increase her chance of getting vusa

3. I am filling the application for them. They will both be funding this trip jointly. What will i fill in the section that talks about, is anybody paying towards your trip? Will i select No for dad and No for mum as well? Both of them will contribute towards the trip

4. Also, my husband is with me and works full-time. We intend to provide feeding for them during their stay, (as the hotel booked is close to our house) but cannot accommodate both of them. Should i mention this in the section of 'will anybody be paying towards your trip

5. For ties back to Nigeria, we intend to include business registration document, landed property documents. I also have a younger brother who is just in 100level. Will he also serve as a tie back home. I mentioned him in the the dependant section.

6. My daddy sponsored my masters program and also the first year of my PhD, I have receipts for these, will this add anything meaningful to their visit visa application

Should i add all of my siblings who are in Nigeria but are married as their dependants as well?

Thanks

Can somebody please answer my question.. please it's urgent . Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ashekmoney: 12:22pm On Nov 21, 2018
hello house in my cover letter can i write it like dis?

INFORMATION ABOUT MY SOURCE OF MONTHLY INCOME
PERSONAL ACCOUNT
Account Name: xxxxxxxxxxx
Account Number: 0xxxxxxxxxxx
Bank Name: GTBank
I normally received =N=100,000.00 monthly allowance from my husband Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxx and I also normally paid myself a monthly allowance from my company account transfer =N=150,000.00 to my personal account.
• Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxx =N=100,000.00 x 6 = =N=600,000.00
• xx Company =N=150,000.00 x 6 = =N=900,000.00
Total =N=1,500,000.00
Total Lodgment =N=1,500,000 .00
Total Withdrawal =N=1,121,774.05
Open Balance =N= 745,495.95
Closing Balance =N= 1,123,721.45

COMPANY MONTHLY INCOME
Account Name: xxxxxxxxxxCOMAPNY
Account Number: 0xxxxxxxx
Bank Name: GTBank
My students always transfer or deposit their training fee of =N=80,000.00 for 2 (Two) months training and I also received money from my clients for normal makeup, Registry, Engagement and Wedding Makeup.
Total Lodgment =N=2,270,000 .00
Total Withdrawal =N=1,605,000.00
Open Balance =N= 1,200,000.00
Closing Balance =N= 1,675,000.00
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Damdy: 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2018
Hello house,
I applied along with my husband, my passport was returned two weeks after application while my husband's passport is yet to be released from home office despite applying as couple and it's over a month now.
We need his passport urgently for other things, how can it be retrieved please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
Damdy:
Hello house,
I applied along with my husband, my passport was returned two weeks after application while my husband's passport is yet to be released from home office despite applying as couple and it's over a month now.
We need his passport urgently for other things, how can it be retrieved please?

Contact them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lucky4real28(m): 2:14pm On Nov 21, 2018
When did you submit your application? And was it standard?
wumi247:

I didn't submit evidence of sms, emails and calls but submitted marriage certificate . This is my 1st UK visa application

I answered correctly to the best of my ability ,it's my 1st UK visa application so I won't know if it's my best ability.

It has free cancellation up to 9th of Dec after the date I will be charge .but arrival date is 17th Dec.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2018
wumi247:

RE: Hotel cancellation :- Im sure your passport will be out on or before 9th Dec so you can go ahead and cancel on 8th Dec.

As for the rest, a tad too late already. Just hope for the best. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Juliansamuel: 4:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2018
Happy family. Please help attend to the below situation.

Good day family. Is it possible for a family visit visa application be submitted at separate locations. Here is the scenario. The first born is in a boarding house out of the country. He would be back Dec 15 for xmas holiday. And we wish to visit the UK again for the xmas and new year holiday.
@justwise and the gurus. please support here
@ekpotek
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 8:59am On Nov 22, 2018
Thanks @ ifyalways though it didnt give me what am looking for
ifyalways:

Visa4uk.fco.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 10:18am On Nov 22, 2018
Hello All,

Thank you all for your contributions.

My UK 6-months visit visa will expire in January after using it once for 14days (11Days precisely, cus I also visited Ireland for 3Nights during my stay).

1. I intend going to the UK again in March, but don't know if a 2Years application will be GOOD (and successful) or I should do another 6 months.

2. I was refused France visa last year 2017. However, I still wish to visit the country during my trip to the UK in March. What do you all think?

3. Netherland is also a country I would love to visit because of my experience at Schipol Airport.

I wish everyone a successful application.

cc:
@ekpotek
@justwise

and the gurus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 10:45am On Nov 22, 2018
GOOD MORNING GOOD PEOPLE. Please I need your advice o, the format of pay slip I submitted the previous application is different from the one am using now. Though the sum is the same but the breakdown changed , does it really matter? will it count against me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wumi247: 10:46am On Nov 22, 2018
Lucky4real28:
When did you submit your application? And was I VI standard?

I don't understand what you meant by I CO standard?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wumi247: 10:47am On Nov 22, 2018
ifyalways:

RE: Hotel cancellation :- Im sure your passport will be out on or before 9th Dec so you can go ahead and cancel on 8th Dec.

As for the rest, a tad too late already. Just hope for the best. smiley

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 10:48am On Nov 22, 2018
Chibabe4Christ:
GOOD MORNING GOOD PEOPLE. Please I need your advice o, the format of pay slip I submitted the previous application is different from the one am using now. Though the sum is the same but the breakdown changed , does it really matter? will it count against me?

No cause for alarm since the logo and the company name is the same.
Success in your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by codedentwickler: 10:52am On Nov 22, 2018
Hi everyone. I'm yet to receive a decision on my visa application. Please advice on what to do.

I have a job interview in the UK on Dec. 4. The company is sponsoring the travel and also sent me an invitation letter. I added all relevant document to ensure my application go through. I plan to stay in the UK for just 3 days and I have my return flight booked already.

I applied for UK visiting visa on October 30, 2018.
I submitted my document at the Victoria Island center on Nov 2, 2018, I also received an email that my application has been transferred that same day.
I received a mail on Nov 9, 2018 from UK Decision Making Centre, that they have received my application.

However, I am worried it is taking longer than I expected. I believe it takes 15 days or less for visiting visas.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by benugo(m): 11:27am On Nov 22, 2018
Decided sharing my wife's timeline and docs used which I believe may be helpful to someone applying for a Tier 4 dependant visa.

Application centre: Abuja
Application: Priority
Bio : 15th November 2018
ECO assigned email : 15th November 2018 (Thursday)
Review and decision mail : 19th November 2018 (Monday)
TLS email for passport collection : 19th November 2018 (Monday)
Collection date : Today, 22nd November 2018 (VISA GRANTED)
Exactly 2 working days. Thank you everyone for mails and responses which proved very helpful.

Documents sent in:
Bank statement (3 Months), Letter of Student Status, Invitation letter from husband, Relationship proof (259 pages), Marriage certificate and attestations. Application form should be carefully filled (Hubby is on a fellowship).

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by strictlyui: 11:49am On Nov 22, 2018
Hi Justwise,

I and my twin sister were born in the UK and lived there for the first eight years of our lives, we have lived in Nigeria ever since.

Fast forward over 20 years later I now run my own company, and pay myself a salary of 300K per month aside other weekly bonuses.

And would like to visit the UK for 6 days.

I would like to know how to prepare for my trip at least 6 months ahead of time.

At the moment I would like to know your thoughts on the best way to submit an almost foolproof application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lucky4real28(m): 11:55am On Nov 22, 2018
Meant to say when was your biometric taken and was it standard or priority?
wumi247:

I don't understand what you meant by I CO standard?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Shadyz: 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2018
@justwise and the other gurus in d haus..pls i just got refused a visiting visa and its my first application,attached is d refusal reason,i wanna reapply immediately and wud need assistance on what to do next..i just joined this platform..i work in a bank and submitted all documents,i didnt write a cover letter or any additional information because i felt it was unneccessary,since the funds i received in my accts where not far from normal*,as my upfront and quarterly payment are higher than d funds received,although i didnt break my salary down..pls assist on what next to do??.God bless u..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2018
Shadyz:
@justwise and the other gurus in d haus..pls i just got refused a visiting visa and its my first application,attached is d refusal reason,i wanna reapply immediately and wud need assistance on what to do next..i just joined this platform..i work in a bank and submitted all documents,i didnt write a cover letter or any additional information because i felt it was unneccessary,since the funds i received in my accts where not far from normal*,as my upfront and quarterly payment are higher than d funds received,although i didnt break my salary down..pls assist on what next to do??.God bless u..

Sorry about the refusal. I will suggest you scrutinize pages 270-320 of this trend. However, your refusal is based on 'Lack of Adequate documentation' simply put, which is not a problem.

Solution: Tackle the refusal and you will get your visa.

In my opinion, apply immediately if you have sufficient documents to back-up all credits in your account. Have it in mind that the ONUS is on you to supply as much as possible evidence with your application.

Furthermore, you need a cover letter explaining what/how/where the funds are coming from.

Like @ekpotek will say: 'Do not submit if you have any doubt'

Best of luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.