Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,527 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526307 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2018
Olowogbogboro17:
Hello All,

Thank you all for your contributions.

My UK 6-months visit visa will expire in January after using it once for 14days (11Days precisely, cus I also visited Ireland for 3Nights during my stay).

1. I intend going to the UK again in March, but don't know if a 2Years application will be GOOD (and successful) or I should do another 6 months.

2. I was refused France visa last year 2017. However, I still wish to visit the country during my trip to the UK in March. What do you all think?

3. Netherland is also a country I would love to visit because of my experience at Schipol Airport.

I wish everyone a successful application.

cc:
@ekpotek
@justwise

and the gurus

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Shadyz: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2018
Thank u so much..met someone who said she is an immigration lawyer and can help me reapply..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2018
Shadyz:
Thank u so much..met someone who said she is an immigration lawyer and can help me reapply..

Why not increase your tithe instead.
I mean, there is no cause for alarm.

Anyway, it's your choice.

Best of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adegoks1234(m): 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2018
Shadyz:
Please don't waste your money on any Immigration lawyer. If you don't address the reasons for the refusal, there is nothing any Immigration lawyer will do.

I think the reasons for the refusal are very clear. You have to provide proof of all the deposits in your account. It's also logical for an intending tourist to have a detailed itinerary of his trip.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2018
grin grin grin
Olowogbogboro17:

Why not increase your tithe instead.
I mean, there is no cause for alarm.

Anyway, it's your choice.

Best of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lucky4real28(m): 9:21pm On Nov 22, 2018
Please where did you apply and what is the timeline from biometric to pick up? I plan to apply to travel by Christmas
Shadyz:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Shadyz: 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2018
I applied in ikeja tls centre,got a mail that a decision has been made after 10 working days..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ashekmoney: 9:48pm On Nov 22, 2018
Hello do you use UK visa to enter Ireland or u have Ireland visa please let us no

Olowogbogboro17:
Hello All,

Thank you all for your contributions.

My UK 6-months visit visa will expire in January after using it once for 14days (11Days precisely, cus I also visited Ireland for 3Nights during my stay).

1. I intend going to the UK again in March, but don't know if a 2Years application will be GOOD (and successful) or I should do another 6 months.

2. I was refused France visa last year 2017. However, I still wish to visit the country during my trip to the UK in March. What do you all think?

3. Netherland is also a country I would love to visit because of my experience at Schipol Airport.

I wish everyone a successful application.

cc:
@ekpotek
@justwise

and the gurus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wumi247: 7:58am On Nov 23, 2018
Lucky4real28:
Meant to say when was your biometric taken and was it standard or priority?

It's standard visa. I didn't do priority .
Monday

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyzita: 9:08am On Nov 23, 2018
Good morning all. Please my brother is late for his appointment with about 2 hours, please what should he do. Please how much is walk-in in Abuja Uk embassy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Desore: 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uche13: 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2018
Good day All,

i sought advice when I wanted to help my sister fill her application form. Thank God she got it. It took a total of 10 days from document submission.

She applied alone, she is married with four children (Two set of twins). Purpose of travel was to have "Mummy alone rest". A friend of many years sent her letter of invite but stated that my sister will sponsor herself.

Documents submitted:

1. Statement of account with anout N1.4M closing balance- cost of trip was pegged at N600,000.
2. Letter from her hubby giving her consent to travel and stating that she really needs time to rest.
3.Employment letter, Introduction letter from her office, pay slips.
4. Letter of invite from friend with passport data page.
5. Marriage certificate, children's birth certificate, wedding and family pictures.

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by codedentwickler: 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2018
Hi all. Please advice on what to do.

I have a job interview in the UK on Dec. 4. The company is sponsoring the travel and also sent me an invitation letter. I added all relevant document to ensure my application go through. I plan to stay in the UK for just 3 days and I have my return flight booked already.

I applied for UK visiting visa on October 30, 2018.
I submitted my document at the Victoria Island center on Nov 2, 2018, I also received an email that my application has been transferred that same day.
I received a mail on Nov 9, 2018 from UK Decision Making Centre, that they have received my application.

However, I am worried it is taking longer than I expected. I believe it takes 15 days or less for visiting visas.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2018
codedentwickler:
Hi all. Please advice on what to do.

I have a job interview in the UK on Dec. 4. The company is sponsoring the travel and also sent me an invitation letter. I added all relevant document to ensure my application go through. I plan to stay in the UK for just 3 days and I have my return flight booked already.

I applied for UK visiting visa on October 30, 2018.
I submitted my document at the Victoria Island center on Nov 2, 2018, I also received an email that my application has been transferred that same day.
I received a mail on Nov 9, 2018 from UK Decision Making Centre, that they have received my application.

However, I am worried it is taking longer than I expected. I believe it takes 15 days or less for visiting visas.

It’s not just 15 days, I believe today normally makes it the 15th workday actually. Relax, tomorrow/Monday may just be your payday!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Horlamidei(m): 5:30pm On Nov 23, 2018
Please guys, the father of a guy of mine wants to sponsor his son out to U.S, Canada or U.K. They both don't know any process or anything about traveling.
He told the son to find out because things are not really working well for him here. So the son was asking around of Europe embassy until I heard and said there is nothing of such. So I concluded with him not to worry that I will ask nairaland travel Forum for advise.
Please, help cause I promised a positive feedback from here. His father is quite rich enough to sponsor him now, plz. The guy is desperate to leave and his father is ready to help..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adegoks1234(m): 5:42pm On Nov 23, 2018
Horlamidei:
Please guys, the father of a guy of mine wants to sponsor his son out to U.S, Canada or U.K. They both don't know any process or anything about traveling.
He told the son to find out because things are not really working well for him here. So the son was asking around of Europe embassy until I heard and said there is nothing of such. So I concluded with him not to worry that I will ask nairaland travel Forum for advise.
Please, help cause I promised a positive feedback from here. His father is quite rich enough to sponsor him now, plz. The guy is desperate to leave and his father is ready to help..
Well, if he is keen on migrating abroad, his best bet is the Express Entry Scheme for Canada. Of course, that will depend on a lot of other variables. His age, academic qualifications, work experience, IELTS score amongst others.
I will advise you to check the Express Entry group here on nairaland for more information.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 11:49pm On Nov 23, 2018
uche13:
Good day All,

i sought advice when I wanted to help my sister fill her application form. Thank God she got it. It took a total of 10 days from document submission.

She applied alone, she is married with four children (Two set of twins). Purpose of travel was to have "Mummy alone rest". A friend of many years sent her letter of invite but stated that my sister will sponsor herself.

Documents submitted:

1. Statement of account with anout N1.4M closing balance- cost of trip was pegged at N600,000.
2. Letter from her hubby giving her consent to travel and stating that she really needs time to rest.
3.Employment letter, Introduction letter from her office, pay slips.
4. Letter of invite from friend with passport data page.
5. Marriage certificate, children's birth certificate, wedding and family pictures.

Thank you

c

congrats to her. please what was the content of the invitation letter? noticed you did not add utility bill,tenancy agreement etx of the person that invited her nut yet Got the visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Desore: 9:01am On Nov 24, 2018
[quote author=Desore post=73231071][/quote]

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MarieAnn2012: 9:20am On Nov 24, 2018
Good morning everyone,
my sister in the UK invited my mom. As she is pregnant and about putting to bed, and as tradition. my mother would go to look after her. my moms interview is on Monday.. Please I would want to know the likely documents and interview questions.

Thanks
cc Justwise

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:57am On Nov 24, 2018
MarieAnn2012:
Good morning everyone,
my sister in the UK invited my mom. As she is pregnant and about putting to bed, and as tradition. my mother would go to look after her. my moms interview is on Monday.. Please I would want to know the likely documents and interview questions.

Thanks
cc Justwise

shocked uh? Interview from where to where, how? Interview questions gini? It would be good if you read up this thread some bit oh, please!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:03am On Nov 24, 2018
MarieAnn2012:
Good morning everyone,

Thanks
cc Justwise

There is no interview just biometric submission

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 10:18am On Nov 24, 2018
Desore:
Hello All, What's the basis for 2-Years visa aside 6months already issued

First of all, identify the basis of the 6 month issued
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:48pm On Nov 24, 2018
strictlyui:
Hi Justwise,

I and my twin sister were born in the UK and lived there for the first eight years of our lives, we have lived in Nigeria ever since.

Fast forward over 20 years later I now run my own company, and pay myself a salary of 300K per month aside other weekly bonuses.

And would like to visit the UK for 6 days.

I would like to know how to prepare for my trip at least 6 months ahead of time.

At the moment I would like to know your thoughts on the best way to submit an almost foolproof application?

Start by stopping paying yourself a salary as it does not make sense in one man business, keeping saving your net profit and document your business dealings.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Nov 24, 2018
Shadyz:
@justwise and the other gurus in d haus..pls i just got refused a visiting visa and its my first application,attached is d refusal reason,i wanna reapply immediately and wud need assistance on what to do next..i just joined this platform..i work in a bank and submitted all documents,i didnt write a cover letter or any additional information because i felt it was unneccessary,since the funds i received in my accts where not far from normal*,as my upfront and quarterly payment are higher than d funds received,although i didnt break my salary down. .pls assist on what next to do??.God bless u..

That was your undoing in your application, unexplained deposit without explanation or paper evidence will not be trusted.

Add paper evidence to demonstrate your payment arrangement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:53pm On Nov 24, 2018
Ijeshalomo:
Good day family. Is it possible for a family visit visa application be submitted at separate locations. Here is the scenario. The first born is in a boarding house out of the country. He would be back Dec 15 for xmas holiday. And we wish to visit the UK again for the xmas and new year holiday.
@justwise and the gurus. please support here

Honestly i haven't seen this done before
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by codedentwickler: 8:43am On Nov 25, 2018
Okay thank you.
OmoBendel24:

It’s not just 15 days, I believe today normally makes it the 15th workday actually. Relax, tomorrow/Monday may just be your payday!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 25, 2018
Thanks Justwise. Please what’s the correct answer when asked how much do you earn annually? Tried leaving it vacant but a figure is required. Do I input ZERO?
justwise:

Yes you have to submit both

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.