Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1531973 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:34am On Nov 17, 2018
bisi16:
Greetings ekpotek, everyone.

Please I need clarifications. I have a pressing issue.

My mum is about to apply for 10yrs visa. She's previously had 6mnths, 2yrs, and 5yrs. But we want to apply for 10 this time since shes eligible for but someone is saying this Brexit thing may affect her. How true is this? Please bear in mind she has never defaulted/ overstayed. Always 5mnths each time she visits.

Thanks a million in advance.

Not true
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:39am On Nov 17, 2018
princesschuks:
Hello house.
Please my mum wants to go on holiday in the UK. She runs her own business but it is not registered.
She has about 2.5 in her account.
She goes to China like 2/3 times a year.
She also goes to Dubai.
How can she go about it please.

Does she have business and personal account?

She needs to present a lot of paper evidence to support her business and source of her money..purchase and sales receipts, evidence of her travel to China etc and use the blank space in the form to explain the nature of her business and also state clearly that the business is not registered yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatswassup: 10:08am On Nov 17, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

Do you have a strong source of income that you can defend with evidence ?

Yea sure, I have income from 3 jobs and I have payslips , one pays more than N350k the other pays N50k at the most, this is just a naira equivalent as I don’t live in Nigeria and these are just student jobs. And I already booked hotels and paid for flight already, hope this can show some positive sign in the application decision.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:22am On Nov 17, 2018
Thatswassup:

Yea sure, I have income from 3 jobs and I have payslips , one pays more than N350k the other pays N50k at the most, this is just a naira equivalent as I don’t live in Nigeria and these are just student jobs. And I already booked hotels and paid for flight already, hope this can show some positive sign in the application decision.

1.That is about 900 Euros (£800)? How much will the trip cost you?

2. What is your immigration status there?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatswassup: 10:44am On Nov 17, 2018
justwise:

1.That is about 900 Euros (£800)? How much will the trip cost you?

2. What is your immigration status there?

1. The trip is just for 5 days and will be costing me less than 500 euros after paying for flight and accommodation.

2. I have student residence permit Valid till the next 9 months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cyberknight: 10:48am On Nov 17, 2018
bisi16:
Greetings ekpotek, everyone.

Please I need clarifications. I have a pressing issue.

My mum is about to apply for 10yrs visa. She's previously had 6mnths, 2yrs, and 5yrs. But we want to apply for 10 this time since shes eligible for[b] but someone is saying this Brexit thing may affect her[/b]. How true is this? Please bear in mind she has never defaulted/ overstayed. Always 5mnths each time she visits.

Thanks a million in advance.

Brexit has nothing to do with issuing tourist visas. She should go ahead.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by princesschuks: 10:49am On Nov 17, 2018
Thank you for your response.
She has a personal account she uses. She also has receipts, entry and exit stamps to china on her passport.

justwise:

Does she have business and personal account?

She needs to present a lot of paper evidence to support her business and source of her money..purchase and sales receipts, evidence of her travel to China etc and use the blank space in the form to explain the nature of her business and also state clearly that the business is not registered yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:04am On Nov 17, 2018
Thatswassup:

1. The trip is just for 5 days and will be costing me less than 500 euros after paying for flight and accommodation.

2. I have student residence permit Valid till the next 9 months

Reduce your budget by searching for a cheaper ticket to the UK, budget airlines like easyjet or Ryanair may have a cheaper ticket.

Rather than booking for hotel accommodation you can try hostels which is pretty cheap
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:06am On Nov 17, 2018
princesschuks:
Thank you for your response.
She has a personal account she uses. She also has receipts, entry and exit stamps to china on her passport.

Its difficult to estimate how much profit somebody makes when business is run from personal account and not a business one, that is why she needs to do a lot of explanation in her application backed up by those documents.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Finesing: 11:17am On Nov 17, 2018
bigbus:

US visa will do for both. I think Panama accepts UK and Schengen visas, but that thot was from two years ago when I googled it. You can use google to check visa requirements for both countries. All the best.

I already checked Google and got that answer
I was hoping someone here Would have more inept knowledge.

I've written the Panama consulate tho to enquire
Waiting for a response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by galazito: 11:29am On Nov 17, 2018
is this Tuesday public holiday going to affect documents submission?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatswassup: 11:54am On Nov 17, 2018
justwise:

Reduce your budget by searching for a cheaper ticket to the UK, budget airlines like easyjet or Ryanair may have a cheaper ticket.

Rather than booking for hotel accommodation you can try hostels which is pretty cheap

Thank you very much

I booked RyanAir already with €9.99 to and €9:99 fro as well, and I only did a reservation on booking.com which I can pay on arrival but I have plans to stay with a friend for the 5 days to cut cost. Also is a closing balance between 1.500- 200 euros to sure for account statement ? I might as well just reduce the expenses to 250 euros at an estimate of 50 per day for the five days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 12:20pm On Nov 17, 2018
kokoli:

please could someone with an idea please respond? I am in the process of completing an application.

please I will appreciate a response on this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aderemi166: 3:19pm On Nov 17, 2018
galazito:
is this Tuesday public holiday going to affect documents submission?

It may, if you check their calendar, you will notice Wednesday is not available, may it be on Tuesday now instead of Wednesday. You may check on both days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aderemi166: 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2018
OgeChukwuO:
Thank you Sorry I did direct assessment and got a new new card in October

Okay, thanks, I did direct assessment as well, which one did you submit, the tax clearance printout or the card please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2018
Good Evening. please can someone tell me if appointment can be easily rescheduled on the new application site? I have not applied on the new site before. also is it really compulsory to do a budget breakdown seperately in the additional comment Section as the new application site only asks the total amount budgeted for the trip unlike the old site that has columns breaks down the cost of the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aderemi166: 8:52pm On Nov 17, 2018
OgeChukwuO:
It took me two weeks. Submitted on the 31st Oct. going for a paid family vacation sponsored by the business I run. Every document submitted was from my business even bank account. I submitted company’s receipts, invoices, pictures, flyers and bank account, letters from my business saying am emtitiled to a paid family leave, letter of introduction explaining I don’t earn salary rather I get allowance and company covers all house expenses. Also submitted my personal tax card, family pictures, letter of consent to travel with my kid, letter from her school, school fees, pictures from school, her results. Booked hotel, booked a tour slot. I didn’t submit personal statement.

Thanks for sharing!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bisi16(m): 2:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
Cyberknight:

Brexit has nothing to do with issuing tourist visas. She should go ahead.
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bisi16(m): 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
justwise:

Not true
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OgeChukwuO: 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2018
The card photocopied on an A4 Paper
Sorry for my late response.
aderemi166:

Okay, thanks, I did direct assessment as well, which one did you submit, the tax clearance printout or the card please?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2018
[Pls do give more details on tours plan...Congratsquote author=mex551 post=73088593] hello Ogechukwu, please do you have a contact of any reputable company that provides tours to uk or Europe. I can see you used one[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cmoredigital: 12:21am On Nov 19, 2018
please is it true that one dont need to go to TLS with photocopies of documents since they are going to scan it? especially property documents.

also how do one correct a mistake on already submitted application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OgeChukwuO: 8:33am On Nov 19, 2018
No I didn’t use a tour company. I said I paid for us to see tourist centers but there are some online but it’s at your discretion.
mex551:
hello Ogechukwu, please do you have a contact of any reputable company that provides tours to uk or Europe. I can see you used one
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 8:43am On Nov 19, 2018
cmoredigital:
please is it true that one dont need to go to TLS with photocopies of documents since they are going to scan it? especially property documents.

also how do one correct a mistake on already submitted application?

You need to do photocopies of all documents that are not in A4 sizes, Its gonna be painful when ur being asked to pay 50 naira for a photocpy at those shops around TLS when u can do it less that 10naira
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by narpheesarh: 10:10am On Nov 19, 2018
@justwise @ektopek and all other gurus in the house.

1. I am a student undergoing my PhD program in the UK. I want to invite my dad and mum to visit me in the UK this December. They have been denied once due to lump sum of money in their account. My dad is a civil servant (works for Osun state government) that earns about 150,000 after tax. Although what they pay into his salary account after all deductions from cooperatives and mortgage is about 50, 000. He has all other sources of income as well, such as money coming from his private sole proprietorship company. He built houses which he rented out as well. He also has a block industry. The issue is, the salary account is really low, and for the other account, all other sources of money go into it, which makes the account irregular. This was the account he used for the last visa application that was refused. Please advice on what to do regarding this. Presently he has about 2million in this account.
2. For my mum, she runs her business. She is a distributor for different food companies . Her business is registered. The issue is, she doesn't really have a separate account for her business. Payments made to her are also in cash. Money made after sales are sent to the company she normally gets her goods from in order to buy more goods. Sometimes if she is not ready to order for more goods, she can make the payment to her account pending the time she is ready as she can't keep money in her shop. She spends from this account as well, she doesn't keep a particular amount on a monthly basis for savings . How do we go about this to increase her chance of getting vusa

3. I am filling the application for them. They will both be funding this trip jointly. What will i fill in the section that talks about, is anybody paying towards your trip? Will i select No for dad and No for mum as well? Both of them will contribute towards the trip

4. Also, my husband is with me and works full-time. We intend to provide feeding for them during their stay, (as the hotel booked is close to our house) but cannot accommodate both of them. Should i mention this in the section of 'will anybody be paying towards your trip

5. For ties back to Nigeria, we intend to include business registration document, landed property documents. I also have a younger brother who is just in 100level. Will he also serve as a tie back home. I mentioned him in the the dependant section.

6. My daddy sponsored my masters program and also the first year of my PhD, I have receipts for these, will this add anything meaningful to their visit visa application

Should i add all of my siblings who are in Nigeria but are married as their dependants as well?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by solveabode(m): 1:19pm On Nov 19, 2018
ijeshaoflondon:

You need to do photocopies of all documents that are not in A4 sizes, Its gonna be painful when ur being asked to pay 50 naira for a photocpy at those shops around TLS when u can do it less that 10naira

Do you mean documents already on A4 sizes don't need to be photocopied

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adegoks1234(m): 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2018
solveabode:

Do you mean documents already on A4 sizes don't need to be photocopied
No, they don't
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Juliansamuel: 3:51pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hello justwise and Co. Please who knows the email address I can reach the visa office. I need to mail them, it's urgent. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by davide470(m): 1:42am On Nov 20, 2018
Juliansamuel:
Hello just.wise and Co. Please who knows the email address I can reach the visa office. I need to mail them, it's urgent. Thanks
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/international/payment/language/English

Emailing UKVI costs £5.48.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 8:00am On Nov 20, 2018
Good day family. Is it possible for a family visit visa application be submitted at separate locations. Here is the scenario. The first born is in a boarding house out of the country. He would be back Dec 15 for xmas holiday. And we wish to visit the UK again for the xmas and new year holiday.
@justwise and the gurus. please support here

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.