Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (647) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1531112 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Viqtour(m): 6:28pm On May 08, 2019
obaxlove:

If you have not paid the agent we can work together on this for free. I feel your pain bro and I understand the anxiety. Put yourself together.
Thanks bro, I appreciate. However, as we were desperate we paid the agent most of the money; visa priority, visa fee and advance for processing. I never knew I could pay with my MasterCard. He has started working on it and has sent me the form to confirm the details. I just hope we get value for the money spent.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:43pm On May 08, 2019
Viqtour:

Thanks bro, I appreciate. However, as we were desperate we paid the agent most of the money; visa priority, visa fee and advance for processing. I never knew I could pay with my MasterCard. He has started working on it and has sent me the form to confirm the details. I just hope we get value for the money spent.

Not the end of the world but never allow the agent to add any document that is not from you and never allow him to misrepresent..e.g false info or exaggerate info so as to avoid 10yrs ban.

You need to know every single info and document in that application form...if you are not clear come back here to ask.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:45pm On May 08, 2019
chukyrooy:
Good Evening Guru's about submitting my documents, I printed my statement today and I just remembered that I made a transfer of 500k into the account from my other account, although when I remembered I quickly withdrew /transfered the 500k back over the next 2 days. I submitted my own account just to show my salary inflow. My question is since I'm using my family's company (I'm a director) as the sponsor and submitting the company account statement, do I need to still explain the deposit in my account?

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:46pm On May 08, 2019
ezybaba:
I hav a similar issue my cousin refuse to send her bank statement to me but seh send payslip

Who is sponsoring the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amookola: 7:00pm On May 08, 2019
Hello, I am serving corp member and I'll be passing out in October but I want to apply for a UK visa before then, I've gone to the UK before back in 2010 when I was still in secondary but since I gained admission into uni I've not had the time based on strike and short breaks and immediately I finished uni last year November, NYSC came up again. I want to ask what are the necessary documents I need to take to the embassy for application, I'm going for a short visit also I travelled with my mum back in 2010 (16years old then) now I'm 25 years. Will be looking forward to your reply, thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Viqtour(m): 7:01pm On May 08, 2019
justwise:

Not the end of the world but never allow the agent to add any document that is not from you and never allow him to misrepresent..e.g false info or exaggerate info so as to afford 10yrs ban.

You need to know every single info and document in that application form...if you are not clear come back here to ask.
Thanks, he exaggerated savings in pounds but I'm calling him to order now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ezybaba(m): 7:31pm On May 08, 2019
justwise:

Who is sponsoring the trip?
she will provide accommodation and feeding but flight ticket fees she hav send it year ago but know evidence or prve for that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dewale1234(m): 8:14pm On May 08, 2019
justwise:

You need to apply separately for your wife

Kindly pardon my wahala o. I have concluded the filling online and i am being directed to the payment part, but i have not selected date and location for biometrics, I want VI, but the thing is showing 129USD

Will payment be made before choosing date and biometrics venue?

Please help a brother.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by omicron(m): 8:52pm On May 08, 2019
dewale1234:

Kindly pardon my wahala o. I have concluded the filling online and i am being directed to the payment part, but i have not selected date and location for biometrics, I want VI, but the thing is showing 129USD

Will payment be made before choosing date and biometrics venue?

Please help a brother.

Thanks
Yes. Pay and you can then proceed to book appointment for biometrics. You would have selected the Visa Application Centre you will use at the beginning of the application, so in this case it should have been the VI VAC.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kuljiyke(m): 10:41pm On May 08, 2019
omicron:
Yes. Pay and you can then proceed to book appointment for biometrics. You would have selected the Visa Application Centre you will use at the beginning of the application, so in this case it should have been the VI VAC.
Are they not interviewing in UK embassy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kuljiyke(m): 10:41pm On May 08, 2019
Please, I need to know how to apply for UK Visa, I need information how to apply and summit the necessary documents, please I need your advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 6:49am On May 09, 2019
Visit www.gov.uk
Everything is on the web page
Navigate to Visas.
kuljiyke:
Please, I need to know how to apply for UK Visa, I need information how to apply and summit the necessary documents, please I need your advice.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ademeedee: 7:43am On May 09, 2019
I have been looking for information about a child of 10 years that wants to apply for a visiting Visa on her own but i cannot find anything specifically. Like how much she should have in her account, documents required. Her mum has a valid UK visa so she wants her to apply on her own. I saw that she pays the same amount for the Visa applicants as an adult. Please help is needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 8:03am On May 09, 2019
Interview is somehow rare in with UK embassy; sometimes they call if situation warrant for any clarifications.

kuljiyke:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 8:06am On May 09, 2019
On her own? I think the mother will need to file for her.
That is a child visitor.For the application to scale through;The consent of the parent is a KEY factor.
ademeedee:
I have been looking for information about a child of 10 years that wants to apply for a visiting Visa on her own but i cannot find anything specifically. Like how much she should have in her account, documents required. Her mum has a valid UK visa so she wants her to apply on her own. I saw that she pays the same amount for the Visa applicants as an adult. Please help is needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bbclue(f): 8:08am On May 09, 2019
April 17th yet no update from UK embassy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sulaimonsheu(m): 9:15am On May 09, 2019
kuljiyke:

Yes not interview.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jbaby09: 10:08am On May 09, 2019
Good morning Family and the ever helpful group heads. Please I need clarity on these

• my mum has been to the uk once and now wants to renew. ( she sponsored herself then in 2012) even though her business wasn’t registered then and even now too.
But I’ve seen that the forms are now more explicit.

• she wants to renew again but I’m
Confused as to if she should sponsor herself again but her business isn’t registered. She’s been sewing for over 40 years. Her account and investments can cover her but what do we do as per proof of source of funds ??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 10:23am On May 09, 2019
bbclue:
April 17th yet no update from UK embassy
Application submitted April 15th at Ikeja, got a mail yesterday from UKHUBViss info stating that Your UK visa application has been despatched from the UK Visa Section.

If you are applying from Europe, North & West Africa and GCC countries:

- And you submitted your application at a visa application centre - You will receive an email shortly from TLS or VFS about collecting your decision. Please ensure you check your e-mail account and do not attend the VAC until you are advised to.

VAC - Visa Application Centre.

Im yet to get a msg from VAC.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iwuoahsamuels: 10:34am On May 09, 2019

Hello Gurus
pls i will appreciate response to my post plssss

iwuoahsamuels:
Hello Justwise
Thanks alot for your response
Pls see below what I intend to do during application then advise which is adequate or give input pleaseee

pls I searched the trend and didnt find a template of cover letter with how to address it to ECO but find my draft below ,also I read of several people that included cover letter and they got refused bc ECO did not see or read their cover letter, how do I ensure ECO sees and reads mine pls?

10, sayid oluwale close
Oregun ikeja
Tel: +23456800895
09 May 2019

THE ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICER,
BRITISH DEPUTY HIGH COMMISSION,
LAGOS. NIGERIA.

Dear Sir/Madam
I,Mrs Chika iwuoha with DOB; 01 January 1984, a Nigerian citizen and a holder of its National Passport/Travel Document bearing the number: 0123456NGR & my son , Leeroy Onyedikachi an American citizen and holder of its National Passport/Travel Document bearing the number: 0123456NGR , intend to visit my biological sister for a family visit in the UK for a period of 1 week.
We plan to depart on 1st August and return 8th August 2018 so I can resume back to work on 12th of August 2018.
My sister has not met my son since I had him in the USA and this will be an opportunity for her children (my nephew and niece) to also meet their cousin.
I will be sponsoring this trip but my sister will be offering accommodation and feeding and attached is her letter of invitation, mortgage bill, utility bill, biodata page.
I am the Health safety manager for **** company, and have worked with the company since 2012, kindly find attached my payslips, My 6 months salary bank statement, Covering letter from the bank confirming the authenticity of the bank statement, Personal Income Tax Card, Photocopy of the my staff i.D card, Letter of identification from employer, Leave letter from employer granting leave of absence, also attached is my Proof of Travel history (South Africa twice, USA with valid 2 year visa)
Also attached are my Marriage Certificates, son’s birth certificate and zero balance from USA hospitals and doctors, Husbands passport page.
Below is our Trip expenditure breakdown:
BUDGET: N282,846.38 (£600)
Return Flight ticket: N250,000(£530.32) ((I read someone advising to make budget as cheap as possible that 250k or less for return trip to & fro UK is ok, please advise)
Shopping: N23,570.53 (£50)
Messilinious : N9503.28 (£20)
Need for living expenses?:
Nb: monthly salary is exactly:N270,725.00
I have made plans for the funding of this trip- please find attached copies of letters from my investment managers showing total sum of N1,700,000 and confirmation that this sum is readily available In cash on a 2 days window request and also 6 months bank statements.

…..
Below is a sample of my sister’s invitation letter: pls vet and let me have your input:
10, DOWNING STREET,
LONDON. ENGLAND.
Tel: +44(0)87654321
09 September 2011

THE ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICER,
BRITISH DEPUTY HIGH COMMISSION,
LAGOS. NIGERIA.

Dear Sir/Madam
I, Mrs Vivian mmandu, a British citizen with Passport : 321654, and DOB. 31 December 1901, and a resident of house number 10, Downing Street, London, do hereby declare that i am formally inviting Mrs. Chika iwuoha, with DOB; 01 January 1984, a Nigerian citizen and a holder of its National Passport/Travel Document bearing the number: 0123456NGR & her son , Leeroy Onyedikachi an American citizen and holder of its National Passport/Travel Document bearing the number: 0123456NGR , for a family visit to the UK for a period of 1 week.
I wish to also declare that the relationship between Mrs. Chika iwuoha and Me is based on Natural law as Mrs. Chika iwuoha is my biological and only remaining sister with very personal connectedness. This visit will enable my children and I meet with her and her new baby(my new nephew) for the first time.
I am trusting that this invitation will be honoured and therefore, I will accommodate and provide feeding for the duration of their stay and will take every necessary measure to ensure that the Terms and Conditions of the visa once issued, will be observed.
Please, if you need further information, do not hesitate to reach me on the above contact information.
Thank you for your understanding
Yours Sincerely,
Mrs Vivian mmandu,
……………………………………….

Pls concerning my investments (PROOF OF FUNDS)
[b]How do I go about it? Which is better?[/b]
A) a letter of support from investment managers showing that the investment fund was liquidable within 2 days of request, the letter should also showing when i started the investment fund, how deposit is received and yield rate(anything else this letter should say?)

B) Or liquidate the investment and support the lump payment with an official letter from investment bodies
C) or cover letter : explain transactions in account especially other salary.
Must I give details how i came about the money i invested? These were side-gig but dont want to declare that I do business on the side as I dont have tax clearance etc.
*id NOTE TO declare the name of my investments as savings in the online application form

Documents to submit:
• I read “Details of any firm travel plans that you have made, ie itinerary:
Warning! Do not book a flight because, you will forfeit your money if your visa is refused. Itinerary does not only mean flight ticket, it means travel plans which are, the preparations that you have put in place: such could be site seeing or tour guide arrangements, or onward flight tickets if applying for a transit or stopover visa”
• I read “Evidence of family relationship” – what can I submit as evidence?
Pls what kind of firm travel plan can I provide since I submit booking and it’s a direct flight?
• Valid international passport
• Cars proof of ownership document.
My landed documents do not have land survey or CFO yet, will land receipt and lawyer’s signed documents suffice or I should just omit them?
Sons birth certificate ((original? Or copy?))
My 6 months salary bank statement
Marriage Cert
Husbands passport page
Personal Income Tax Card
Photocopies of the my i.D card-
Leave letter from employer granting leave of absence for a specified period. ((what other specifics pls ?))
Covering letter from the bank confirming the authenticity of the bank statement.
*Letter of identification from employer
*Tax clearance certificate of the applicant or that of the sponsor.

Attach a cost breakdown of the trip : ticket and shopping, (what else should be here since my sister is accommodating me)

List of what my sister needs to send me:

copy of her bio-data page
Mortgage Bill,
utility bill, is it necessary??
((Since she's providing Accommodation and feeding for 7 days - does she need to add her bank statements? Payslips?))
home address
telephone number
account statement+ payslip((does she need to send this also?))
I read somewhere that Letter of invite must state: Where she is working and its address, does this apply here?
I read someone comment "write about your relationship"...I dont really get what she must write about our relationship pls advise.

Our nature of relationship (what kind of proof can I add? Any need for pictures of us together or wassap communications?
Copy of her passport data page with clear evidence of her immigration status in the UK.
Anything else it must contain pls?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ademeedee: 10:34am On May 09, 2019
Yommieyomi:
On her own? I think the mother will need to file for her.
That is a child visitor.For the application to scale through;The consent of the parent is a KEY factor.

Yes, she would be applying for her. But what other requirements are needed. Apart from her parents consents? I cant seem to find anything.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bbclue(f): 10:46am On May 09, 2019
Menakay:

Application submitted April 15th at Ikeja, got a mail yesterday from UKHUBViss info stating that Your UK visa application has been despatched from the UK Visa Section.

If you are applying from Europe, North & West Africa and GCC countries:

- And you submitted your application at a visa application centre - You will receive an email shortly from TLS or VFS about collecting your decision. Please ensure you check your e-mail account and do not attend the VAC until you are advised to.

VAC - Visa Application Centre.

Im yet to get a msg from VAC.

Mine has not come yet....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 11:26am On May 09, 2019
chukyrooy:

Called them on  00 44 203 481 1736 and gave them my sterling mastercard.
justwise and others, I really appreciate all your response towards my questions here. I went to my bank to complain to them about the problem I'm having with my mastercard and they said i have to upgrade my account in order for me to use it both locally and internationally which i did it immediately.So i called UKVI and i was able to spoke with their staff. I was told that i should wait till 15 working days and call them back, but i was given a number to keep. But i made a mistake on my daughter email address when calling it. I hope there won't any issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dewale1234(m): 1:26pm On May 09, 2019
omicron:

Sir
I have just gone through my application form and there is no where i chose the center where i will be doing the biometrics
I don't want any story after payment has been made
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amookola: 2:22pm On May 09, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am serving corp member and I'll be passing out in October but I want to apply for a UK visa before then, I've gone to the UK before back in 2010 when I was still in secondary but since I gained admission into uni I've not had the time based on strike and short breaks and immediately I finished uni last year November, NYSC came up again. I want to ask what are the necessary documents I need to take to the embassy for application, I'm going for a short visit also I travelled with my mum back in 2010 (16years old then) now I'm 25 years. Will be looking forward to your reply, thank you and looking forward to a swift response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Enick: 2:34pm On May 09, 2019
Without a doubt, I plan to address all issues raised with some evidence. However, I am just wondering if I have to stick with my earlier of tourist reason and ignore my friends request to send invitations as well as provide his bank details for my next application. Better still, would it be preferable to accept his invitation ?

It is possible to change the purpose of visiting from tourism to visiting a friend? I clearly remember I clicked NO on the section that asked if I have a family in the UK. I can't remember anywhere that asked about having friends in the UK.

Thanks.

Zika01:

Why not address the reason for your refusal and apply again. I’m sure you must have declared that u don’t have any family or friend in the Uk. Paste your refusal letter here removing personal details so that the gurus here can help you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by issnanas: 3:06pm On May 09, 2019
adesugarlove:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I am super super happy and super super grateful

For my 5 years Visa.

And there were mistakes in my child's visa. someone else name was written in it

Visa remarks shows to be accompanied by someone else..

IMPORTANT NOTICE

PLEASE CHECK THAT THE DETAILS ON YOUR VISA ARE CORRECT BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO TRAVEL TO AVOID BEING DENIED BOARDING.

IMAGINE IF I WERE TO BE TRAVELLING THIS WEEK

But anyways....

Am still happy happy...

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by issnanas: 3:08pm On May 09, 2019
please i am applying for a 5years visa and i am having issues paying the fees with my Firstbank masterCard
how did you go about yours
[quote author=issnanas post=78245403][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by issnanas: 3:17pm On May 09, 2019
please House i am applying for a 5 years visa after my previous Visa from 2013 expired and i am having serious issues paying the fees with my Firstbank masterCard
please someone should help out urgently
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Abini2012: 3:22pm On May 09, 2019
issnanas:
please House i am applying for a 5 years visa after my previous Visa from 2013 expired and i am having serious issues paying the fees with my Firstbank masterCard

Try another bank na.. Especially GTB

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Opeyemi007: 3:44pm On May 09, 2019
issnanas:

I used a firstbank mastercard recently and it worked. Contact the bank.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 4:20pm On May 09, 2019
I used GT Naira master card, try it if you can get one.

issnanas:
please i am applying for a 5years visa and i am having issues paying the fees with my Firstbank masterCard
how did you go about yours

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.