Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,110 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1533281 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:37pm On May 28, 2019
Nativeborn:

I have a salary job in Nigeria and also do freelance mainly

Do you have any paper work to support your income from freelance? If you do then submit them and explain nature of your other source of income.

If the agency you run with the guy in the UK is registered then you also need to submit the paper but if its not registered it will be very difficult to believe your true intention of visiting the UK

If your salary and the money from freelance is not above average then getting a visa will be difficult.

If must explain in details why you are visiting the UK and also a letter of support from your business partner in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:39pm On May 28, 2019
Seeyat:
Hello, Oga @justwise

Does it matter if my opening balance is is below #10k in the last 6 months, I've managed to save 1.100000 which includes the rent i get from my tenants or can i submit 5 months payslip?

It doesn't matter..your closing balance matters most

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by danberg: 8:52pm On May 28, 2019
justwise:

Are you a British citizen? If yes then who applying for visa this time around?
Thanks for your response Boss.
Yes please, I am a British Citizen. I am applying for UK passport and have been slated for interview tomorrow dv.

I wanted tips on what to expect.

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:59pm On May 28, 2019
danberg:

Thanks for your response Boss.
Yes please, I am a British Citizen. I am applying for UK passport and have been slated for interview tomorrow dv.

I wanted tips on what to expect.

Thanks in advance

Ok i get that now..

Obviously they will ask you questions about your parents , where about you lived in the UK, your history in the UK, things like the school you attended, hospital where you were born etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nonoski: 8:59pm On May 28, 2019
justwise:

Have you tried creating another account with the real email address?
No waiting for their response.

However please is there a way I can request for a refund?

So I can fill a new form, I don't mind waiting 28 days for the refund
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by thammy021(m): 9:16pm On May 28, 2019
thammy021:
Good morning gurus, as a student, i want to apply for a tourist visa,but my sponsor’s new account(UK bank) is only 3months old, can i submit the statement of the account like that(3months),with hopes of being granted?

@justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Seeyat: 9:21pm On May 28, 2019
justwise:

Thank you Oga mi
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nativeborn: 9:23pm On May 28, 2019
Jyyes:
Yes, adding you as a director increases your chances.

Thanks for your response!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:25pm On May 28, 2019
nonoski:

No waiting for their response.

However please is there a way I can request for a refund?

So I can fill a new form, I don't mind waiting 28 days for the refund

I think you should be able to create another account with the application ref number and you can also cancel and request for refund.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:27pm On May 28, 2019
thammy021:
Good morning gurus, as a student, i want to apply for a tourist visa,but my sponsor’s new account(UK bank) is only 3months old, can i submit the statement of the account like that(3months),with hopes of being granted?

6months is always the standard, i don't know anybody who submitted 3months, you can give it a go and support it with his payslips
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nativeborn: 9:35pm On May 28, 2019
justwise:

"Do you have any paper work to support your income from freelance? If you do then submit them and explain nature of your other source of income."

Yes I have the order receipts and payments (wire transfers and paypal too)

justwise:

"If the agency you run with the guy in the UK is registered then you also need to submit the paper but if its not registered it will be very difficult to believe your true intention of visiting the UK"

Yes the business is registered in England and Wales. That was on the business registration certificate as well.

justwise:
"If your salary and the money from freelance is not above average then getting a visa will be difficult."

Income is above $1500 monthly and cash flow in my account is above 700k monthly. Would that be okay sir?

justwise:
If must explain in details why you are visiting the UK and also a letter of support from your business partner in the UK.

Gotcha! Thanks so much for the explanation.

I sent you a message sir. Will await your response anytime you are chanced!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amazingernest: 9:47pm On May 28, 2019
[How long will it take to reapply again please quote author=justwise post=78716846]

Yes you can[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ibraheemolasupo: 1:23am On May 29, 2019
Please do you know if TLS will open May 29th?
My family and I are already in UK and my other cousin’s got an email today that his passport has been despatched and ready for collection, the wedding on the 31st, Is that a good sign?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by thammy021(m): 6:59am On May 29, 2019
justwise:

6months is always the standard, i don't know anybody who submitted 3months, you can give it a go and support it with his payslips

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by omicron(m): 6:59am On May 29, 2019
Seeyat:
Hello, Oga @justwise

Does it matter if my opening balance is is below #10k in the last 6 months, I've managed to save 1.100000 which includes the rent i get from my tenants or can i submit 5 months payslip?
you can submit a five months payslip and bank statement, if that will improve the opening balance. Better than an opening balance of 10k.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Seeyat: 7:05am On May 29, 2019
omicron:
you can submit a five months payslip and bank statement, if that will improve the opening balance. Better than an opening balance of 10k.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:08am On May 29, 2019
thammy021:

I dont know but someone stated earlier that he used 3months bank statement to sponsor his parent (the parent did not provide any financial doc.) and it worked fine. am thinking of this too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:14am On May 29, 2019
Menakay:

I have used 5 months bank statement in d past for applicant's sponsiring himself, I have also used 3 months statement to sponsor a parent who is retired and it went well, but i dont know if 4 months will go through for d applicant sponsoring himself.

here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Seeyat: 7:45am On May 29, 2019
Good morning @justwise and other helpful people,

The company where i work has "Global" in its registration name but it's a local company and not global, the embassy mistakes it to be globally known. What can the company do to explain better so that the ECO can understand that it's not a globally known company.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:55am On May 29, 2019
Seeyat:
Good morning @justwise and other helpful people,

The company where i work has "Global" in its registration name but it's a local company and not global, the embassy mistakes it to be globally known. What can the company do to explain better so that the ECO can understand that it's not a globally known company.

didnt the "Global" show on the company's letterhead as part of the company's name?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Seeyat: 8:24am On May 29, 2019
TonyyS:

didnt the "Global" show on the company's letterhead as part of the company's name?

It shows but it does not represent "worldwide" it was a name available during the registration
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:26am On May 29, 2019
Seeyat:

It shows but it does not represent "worldwide" it was a name available during the registration

is this the only reason for ur denial.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dolorsa: 9:42am On May 29, 2019
Seeyat:

The name global doesn't mean the company is global. I think that is where mix up comes in. It's a local company but the name sounds as if it's a global company. How can i explain this to ECO? Please advise
I note from your last refusal that the ECO stated that your company company couldn't be verified via open source independent verification; since it is represented as a global company according to the name: GGK GLOBAL Limited. Now, let me give you a hint on what they meant by open source independent verification. If you type company names like Shell, Chevron and a host of others, you can easily get the companies contact details like addresses and phone numbers online. But GGK global limited doesn't have anything of such online. If you type GGk global limited on google, it won't bring up anything and that is because the company has no functional website. It's either the company has a website so it could be verified via OSIV or you get a good travel history to make them overlook the fact that it's not verifiable via OSIV. Remember these people will always look for the slightest reasons to deny an applicant. As for the 10K opening balance, when you started work and how much you earn will be used to judge that. My 2 cents. Gurus in the house can also support or spot flaws in what i have written. That's why we are all here. To learn. No one knows it all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by STENON(f): 11:04am On May 29, 2019
Menakay:

I have used 5 months bank statement in d past for applicant's sponsiring himself, I have also used 3 months statement to sponsor a parent who is retired and it went well, but i dont know if 4 months will go through for d applicant sponsoring himself.
Please how much was in the account prior to sponsoring your retired parent to UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sheyn5(m): 11:16am On May 29, 2019
Good morning to everyone doing great jobs here.
I'm a fresh graduate hoping to visit the UK on a visiting visa soon. My questions are as follows:

1)My uncle will be the one sponsoring my traveling, do I still need to provide my account statement?

2)I'm planning to undertake the processes myself and want to know if I can reaply if denied visa on the same invitation letter. Lastly.

What is the validity of an invitation letter?
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dolorsa: 11:39am On May 29, 2019
sheyn5:
Good morning to everyone doing great jobs here.
I'm a fresh graduate hoping to visit the UK on a visiting visa soon. My questions are as follows:

1)My uncle will be the one sponsoring my traveling, do I still need to provide my account statement?

2)I'm planning to undertake the processes myself and want to know if I can reaply if denied visa on the same invitation letter. Lastly.

What is the validity of an invitation letter?
Thanks in anticipation.
1) Yes, you need your personal account statement with verifiable income source. And the statement has to meet up with UK standard. Most UK visit visa denials are centered on bank statements. So, they have a standard. Marriage, property, investments could also serve as good ties to home country. Besides, you are not a minor. You have to be able to prove to the ECO that you have things to return to in Nigeria at the end of your visit. If your uncle is sponsoring the trip solely, visa won't be approved cos you would be showing stronger ties to the UK than Nigeria. If your uncle provides full sponsorship, they will know you want to japa.

2) You can reapply if denied, as long as the reason(s) for refusal can be addressed.

3) About 6 months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ibraheemolasupo: 11:53am On May 29, 2019
My family and I are already in UK and my other cousin’s got an email today that his passport has been despatched and ready for collection, the wedding is on the 31st and someone who applied before him that wasn’t going for the wedding but a different function hasn’t get hers yet, Is that a good sign for my cousin?
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by giselle237: 11:57am On May 29, 2019
nobody can know this except your cousin when he picks up his passport...
ibraheemolasupo:
My family and I are already in UK and my other cousin’s got an email today that his passport has been despatched and ready for collection, the wedding on the 31st and someone who applied before him that wasn’t going for the wedding but a function hasn’t get hers yet, Is that a good sign for my cousin?
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ibraheemolasupo: 12:06pm On May 29, 2019
Thank you so much �.
giselle237:
nobody can know this except your cousin when he picks up his passport...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Seeyat: 1:22pm On May 29, 2019
TonyyS:

is this the only reason for ur denial.

Majorly, yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Seeyat: 1:28pm On May 29, 2019
Dolorsa:
I note from your last refusal that the ECO stated that your company company couldn't be verified via open source independent verification; since it is represented as a global company according to the name: GGK GLOBAL Limited. Now, let me give you a hint on what they meant by open source independent verification. If you type company names like Shell, Chevron and a host of others, you can easily get the companies contact details like addresses and phone numbers online. But GGK global limited doesn't have anything of such online. If you type GGk global limited on google, it won't bring up anything and that is because the company has no functional website. It's either the company has a website so it could be verified via OSIV or you get a good travel history to make them overlook the fact that it's not verifiable via OSIV. Remember these people will always look for the slightest reasons to deny an applicant. As for the 10K opening balance, when you started work and how much you earn will be used to judge that. My 2 cents. Gurus in the house can also support or spot flaws in what i have written. That's why we are all here. To learn. No one knows it all.

Thank you, i appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 1:47pm On May 29, 2019
justwise:

Salary account or savings account.... ? 10k - 1.1m looks like a red flag to me ... well ur salary determines the how you were able to save such amount within a 6months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.