Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,462 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533734 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jamooo12: 12:11am On Mar 26, 2016
Hello I would love to know something maybe factual to my expectations or different. I am a young single employee working as a construction executive at a big construction company here in lagos Island and I am planning to take a business oriented tourism to the state any time soon as I get my leave granted. The purpose of the trip is basically 3 as I will be closing a deal with an investor and I will be subcontracting an American construction firm for a project here in lagos and third to.... I think I deserve to hear your candid opinion on these stated my concern is for my marital status and for my age but I am definitely not a minor. As for the funds I am good with my earnings I have got a strong statement of account all my money. So I will love your good good view on this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kellykings84: 2:50am On Mar 26, 2016
You don't have to convert anything. Ur nigeria license is recognised in Maryland, u don't even need d international driving license. It's valid for u to drive for one year after ur last entry to d united states.

oganlalasokun:
please i want to ask this. i am on a visit visa and intend spending 3 months here before i return back to nigeria. i am in baltimore, maryland now and i intend to drive around. i have an international drivers license from nigeria but someone told me i can convert my international drivers license to a maryland Drivers license for the period of my stay here. is this correct pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by joxiri: 4:35am On Mar 26, 2016
oganlalasokun:
please i want to ask this. i am on a visit visa and intend spending 3 months here before i return back to nigeria. i am in baltimore, maryland now and i intend to drive around. i have an international drivers license from nigeria but someone told me i can convert my international drivers license to a maryland Drivers license for the period of my stay here. is this correct pls

Go to the dmv take the computer test and do the practical one
You will be issued a license till your 1-94 expires
If u have your international license and Nigerian license u can use that to drive throughout the duration of your stay anyways
So you don't really need to convert it if you are only there temporarily
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:29am On Mar 26, 2016
jamooo12:
Hello I would love to know something maybe factual to my expectations or different. I am a young single employee working as a construction executive at a big construction company here in lagos Island and I am planning to take a business oriented tourism to the state any time soon as I get my leave granted. The purpose of the trip is basically 3 as I will be closing a deal with an investor and I will be subcontracting an American construction firm for a project here in lagos and third to.. .. I think I deserve to hear your candid opinion on these stated my concern is for my marital status and for my age but I am definitely not a minor. As for the funds I am good with my earnings I have got a strong statement of account all my money. So I will love your good good view on this

Ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jamooo12: 10:15am On Mar 26, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ok
I am so eager to hear from you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:58am On Mar 26, 2016
jamooo12:

I am so eager to hear from you
My view is that if u feel you are qualified then apply. Nobody can tell u your chances of getting an american visa. Either u gerrit or u dont
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jamooo12: 11:27am On Mar 26, 2016
Thanks a million times
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jamooo12: 11:29am On Mar 26, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

My view is that if u feel you are qualified then apply. Nobody can tell u your chances of getting an american visa. Either u gerrit or u dont
Thanks a million times
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sniffydon(m): 11:30am On Mar 26, 2016
Hello guys am a silent reader here, i have an appointment with the US embassy on Monday but my travels dates has changed and its not possible to edit the DS160. My travel dates was suppose to be for the 18th May to the 28th May but after payment i found out i made a mistake and wrote 18th to 28th March. Gurus in the house please how do i go about it ?

Do i fill another DS160 and take with me to the US embassy on Monday?

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fffemi4eva(m): 12:10pm On Mar 26, 2016
pls, I need an advise here, I have booked an appointment, the name on the appointment confirmation reads Ogunjobi Segun, but the one on my DS-160 is Ogunjobi Segun Tope, I bear the same name, and the code on both forms are the same, is there any problem in that, and I again I decided to wear my company's ID card to the embassy coz I don't want to get letter from my office, is that OK like that, other necessary documents are ready, pls advise me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
fffemi4eva:
pls, I need an advise here, I have booked an appointment, the name on the appointment confirmation reads Ogunjobi Segun, but the one on my DS-160 is Ogunjobi Segun Tope , I bear the same name, and the code on both forms are the same, is there any problem in that, and I again I decided to wear my company's ID card to the embassy coz I don't want to get letter from my office, is that OK like that, other necessary documents are ready, pls advise me

Those two names are not the same so it's a problem
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 2:17pm On Mar 26, 2016
sniffydon:
Hello guys am a silent reader here, i have an appointment with the US embassy on Monday but my travels dates has changed and its not possible to edit the DS160. My travel dates was suppose to be for the 18th May to the 28th May but after payment i found out i made a mistake and wrote 18th to 28th March. Gurus in the house please how do i go about it ?

Thanks

With the US consulate it's really hard to change your travel plans. I'll advice you call them 1St to know what can be salvaged. If not, do a no show and reapply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fffemi4eva(m): 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
pls what do I do about those names, the barcode on both forms are the same pls assist me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 7:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
jamooo12:
Hello I would love to know something maybe factual to my expectations or different. I am a young single employee working as a construction executive at a big construction company here in lagos Island and I am planning to take a business oriented tourism to the state any time soon as I get my leave granted. The purpose of the trip is basically 3 as I will be closing a deal with an investor and I will be subcontracting an American construction firm for a project here in lagos and third to.... I think I deserve to hear your candid opinion on these stated my concern is for my marital status and for my age but I am definitely not a minor. As for the funds I am good with my earnings I have got a strong statement of account all my money. So I will love your good good view on this
Can you open up about those things you don't wanna talk about.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
fffemi4eva:
pls what do I do about those names, the barcode on both forms are the same pls assist me

Which one is your surname among those names?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jamooo12: 10:02pm On Mar 26, 2016
seyewest:
Can you open up about theses things you don't wanna talk about.
Ok I am in my early 20s and I finished my B eng in 2012 here in Nigeria and I got employed just after my youth corps in 2013 and I have been able to complete my M eng in South Africa and I am now a team leader/manager but yet to get married. But with everything we keep reading online about the American embassy has been a little bit diminishing to my ego as it is that I am young and single but my ties I ve been employed for 2.8years now and I earn close to 6cents thousand naira monthly with tax. And importantly it's a company assignment and all necessary company documents will be made available from the company. Maybe I am just worried. I will love to hear from you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oganlalasokun: 11:40pm On Mar 26, 2016
pls can someone transfer funds from a nigeria bank account to a US bank account directly ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fffemi4eva(m): 12:00am On Mar 27, 2016
Ogunjobi is my surname, and again can I wear my company's ID card without necessarily getting a letter for vacation, will that do? Thanks in anticipation for your reply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:49am On Mar 27, 2016
jamooo12:

Ok I am in my early 20s and I finished my B eng in 2012 here in Nigeria and I got employed just after my youth corps in 2013 and I have been able to complete my M eng in South Africa and I am now a team leader/manager but yet to get married. But with everything we keep reading online about the American embassy has been a little bit diminishing to my ego as it is that I am young and single but my ties I ve been employed for 2.8years now and I earn close to 6cents thousand naira monthly with tax. And importantly it's a company assignment and all necessary company documents will be made available from the company. Maybe I am just worried. I will love to hear from you
As far as I know you're good to go.. Marriage and age are not the only criteria work on the remaining ties. Goodluck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:54am On Mar 27, 2016
fffemi4eva:
Ogunjobi is my surname, and again can I wear my company's ID card without necessarily getting a letter for vacation, will that do? Thanks in anticipation for your reply
If the C.O ask for it and you don't have it I don't have to tell you what will happen.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sniffydon(m): 1:06am On Mar 27, 2016
Guy any more suggestions?

i have an appointment with the US embassy this Monday the 28th March but my travels dates has changed and its not possible to edit the DS160. My travel dates was suppose to be for the 18th May to the 28th May but after payment i found out i made a mistake and wrote 18th to 28th March. Gurus in the house please how do i go about it ?

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fffemi4eva(m): 6:37am On Mar 27, 2016
Thanks for that, left with that name, hope there is no problem with that
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere so here is my review of Iberia on my going leg, to Madrid from Lagos it was the Boeing that has the 3-3 seating style, mehn the seats were so tight Jesus Christ o ti tight ju, flight was really really really smooth, I had a three hours stop over in Madrid before proceeding to London Gatwick, I flew IBERIA express abi wetin dem dey call am, it was a 3 hour flight also a 3-3 seating arrangement but more leg more and a newer aircraft, I now reach Gatwick see immigration queue na no be for here, I was on that queue for more than 1 hour but the consolation was no too much question at border force, only you are here for a visit right? I said yes and I was stamped, O pari grin I carry my load waka wink

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 9:20am On Mar 27, 2016
sniffydon:
Guy any more suggestions?

i have an appointment with the US embassy this Monday the 28th March but my travels dates has changed and its not possible to edit the DS160. My travel dates was suppose to be for the 18th May to the 28th May but after payment i found out i made a mistake and wrote 18th to 28th March. Gurus in the house please how do i go about it ?

Thanks

Relax. That ll not ordinarily be a problem, unless if d purpose u are going for is specifically that March. The question of your planned date will come and you ll explain.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:00am On Mar 27, 2016
chloe7:
LadyGuinivere so here is my review of Iberia on my going leg, to Madrid from Lagos it was the Boeing that has the 3-3 seating style, mehn the seats were so tight Jesus Christ o ti tight ju, flight was really really really smooth, I had a three hours stop over in Madrid before proceeding to London Gatwick, I flew IBERIA express abi wetin dem dey call am, it was a 3 hour flight also a 3-3 seating arrangement but more leg more and a newer aircraft, I now reach Gatwick see immigration queue na no be for here, I was on that queue for more than 1 hour but the consolation was no too much question at border force, only you are here for a visit right? I said yes and I was stamped, O pari grin I carry my load waka wink
Thank God for journey mercies... Most of these airlines deployed old or refurbished plane to Africa except United Airline. When are you traveling to U.S?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sniffydon(m): 10:30am On Mar 27, 2016
Yes I intend to go for holidays
kennycanny:

Relax. That ll not ordinarily be a problem, unless if d purpose u are going for is specifically that March. The question of your planned date will come and you ll explain.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 10:34am On Mar 27, 2016
sniffydon:
Yes I intend to go for holidays

If it just holiday it shouldn't be a problem. Just b prepared to answer when and how long you planned to stay in US.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 12:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
chloe7:

Waka Waka chloe, when is Yankee trip na.... Visa day waste oooo!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 1:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
kennycanny:

If it just holiday it shouldn't be a problem. Just b prepared to answer when and how long you planned to stay in US.

Well said... But for conference or anything that has a predefined timeline then you could be in error.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 1:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
oganlalasokun:
pls can someone transfer funds from a nigeria bank account to a US bank account directly ?

Yes it's possible but you have to be in the bank in person to do such.... Remember the students abroad who can't pay their tuition because of this dollar crunch, you guys are in this boat. #DOLLARWAHALA
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
Chloe shebi I talk say Iberia and Arik local na the same cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by wunmi38: 2:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
justwise:

Those two names are not the same so it's a problem
Can someone give clear response to dos question you have three names on pee and two on the interview confirmation information. What is the way forward

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.