Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533582 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:16pm On Mar 29, 2016
Onicemus:

Really are you already disqualifying me?? Don't be too quick to do that .. That I hadn't traveled before doesn't mean I can't get a visa .. After two weeks I'll post here on my success newz ... If only you know me .. I'm not boasting but with God noting is impossible... I have that fate ... It's not a do or die affair , if I don't get .. I'll rest, but believe you me .. I'll post my success story here .. After two weeks .. So don't judge me .. There's always a first time .. For everything ... They judge people in a different way ... So don't say it's a minus for me.. If I wanted to do anything bad, I could go stamp all this African visas to my passport.. So chill dear I knew all those Before applying ... My courage does it... Thanks and pls if anyone of y'all don't have nothing reasonable to say , don't tag or quote my message on here
Basic questions and you are all over the place ranting? Didn't write you off anyways, just not coating my views on your situation. You want to teach me FAITH with words like "worried", "confused", "nervous", "if i don't get", etc? Do you know the man Job in the bible? His FEARS and choice of WORDS actually got him in the trouble he encountered. Well, a Second semester 200L Medical Student in some University - particularly the high fee paying ones - in Naija without travel experience will get a US visa however difficult it is ahead of a 300L Geography Student from a regular fee paying Uni without travel experience. Did I hear you say something about stamping "all this Africa visa" to your passport? Good idea! Young man, "kpro" and humble yourself, stoop to conquer instead of getting unnecessarily riled up. I of course agree with you that nothing is impossible with God. Good luck to you dude

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 29, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Chloe7, I see you oh. Good evening Sis! Many regards to you all for the great work you do here. Seems Abuja & LagosNIV have not been smiling with people at all in recent times
regards too sir grin How family and every? Abuja and Lagosniv no be small thing o, I kuku dey read am

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 29, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Basic questions and you are all over the place ranting? Didn't write you off anyways, just not coating my views on your situation. You want to teach me FAITH with words like "worried", "confused", "nervous", "if i don't get", etc? Do you know the man Job in the bible? His FEARS and choice of WORDS actually got him in the trouble he encountered. Well, a Second semester 200L Medical Student in some University - particularly the high fee paying ones - in Naija without travel experience will get a US visa however difficult it is ahead of a 300L Geography Student from a regular fee paying Uni without travel experience. Did I hear you say something about stamping "all this Africa visa" to your passport? Good idea! Young man, "kpro" and humble yourself, stoop to conquer instead of getting unnecessarily riled up. I of course agree with you that nothing is impossible with God. Good luck to you dude
me I even think say university here in naija no strong travel history either private or federal will be hard small o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Either ways I'm not ranting bro , and I wonder why you bent on this particular ish .. Well thanks for your harsh words .. cool
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
Onicemus:

Really are you already disqualifying me?? Don't be too quick to do that .. That I hadn't traveled before doesn't mean I can't get a visa .. After two weeks I'll post here on my success newz ... If only you know me .. I'm not boasting but with God noting is impossible... I have that fate ... It's not a do or die affair , if I don't get .. I'll rest, but believe you me .. I'll post my success story here .. After two weeks .. So don't judge me .. There's always a first time .. For everything ... They judge people in a different way ... So don't say it's a minus for me.. If I wanted to do anything bad, I could go stamp all this African visas to my passport.. So chill dear I knew all those Before applying ... My courage does it... Thanks and pls if anyone of y'all don't have nothing reasonable to say , don't tag or quote my message on here
Dude eh don't ask for opinions on a public opinion if u can't handle the replies. He simply told u his view point . If u read the embassy's definition of ties , travel experience is part of it. So I'm my opinion, calling a reply unreasonable or asking one not to call it as it is actuallly being unreasonable
I read the reply and
I do not think he was wishing u evil, rather he was driving home a point. What were u expecting? Everything will be alright? Go ye and conquer? Please note: this is a free public peech forum which is which is filled with diverse people and viewpoints

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 30, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Dude eh don't ask for opinions on a public opinion if u can't handle the replies. He simply told u his view point . If u read the embassy's definition of ties , travel experience is part of it. So I'm my opinion, calling a reply unreasonable or asking one not to call it as it is actuallly being unreasonable
I read the reply and
I do not think he was wishing u evil, rather he was driving home a point. What were u expecting? Everything will be alright? Go ye and conquer? Please note: this is a free public peech forum which is which is filled with diverse people and viewpoints
Toh change of discussion ma.. Let's move on with the forum .. I mean I'm learning a lot from here though .. grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 11:36am On Mar 30, 2016
Attention Young African Leaders Initiative Network members, First Lady Michelle Obama has a message for you on advancing the rights of women and girls. A very special thanks to her for taking the time to talk with you. Now, thank her back by investing in women and girls at yali.state.gov/4her

Have you made your ‪#‎Africa4her‬ pledge? Make it today at yali.state.gov/pledge

See Mrs Obama pledge - https://www.facebook.com/usembassynigeria/videos/10154103774244874/
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ikanason(m): 12:04pm On Mar 30, 2016
pls access my interview and correct me if necessary:

vo - good morning
me...same to u
vo.... ur passport
vo... where are u going
me...Texas
vo.... what are u going to Texas to do
me... am going on 3 things, first to visit a family friend,
secondly to attend birthday of the mother and to
deliver her gifts from my dad, my dad planned going
himself but he died late last year so my family is now
sending me, lastly want to buy hatching machine for
my company.
vo.... what do u do
me.... I own a big animal farm. which comprises of poultry,
fishery, piggery and goat rearing. but I have plan to
expand my farm to hatching company once I buy the
hatching machine.
vo.... ur salary is what
me.... 600k
vo.... are u married
me... yes
vo... with kids
me... a girl but am expecting my second child by may
ending.
vo... how many workers did u have in ur farm
me... 26 workers.
vo... how long are u staying
me... one week

pls brothers and sisters feel free to ask me any question and also correct me if am wrong in any place. my interview is in less than one week. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 12:11pm On Mar 30, 2016
ikanason:

vo - good morning
me...same to u
vo.... ur passport
vo... where are u going
me...Texas
my company.
vo.... what do u do
hatching machine.
vo.... ur salary is what
me.... 600k
vo.... are u married
me... yes
vo... with kids
ending.
me... 26 workers.
me... one week

pls brothers and sisters feel free to ask me any question and also correct me if am wrong in any place. my interview is in less than one week. thanks

Your purpose of trip is too bogus and the second reason sounds absolutely flimsy and mediocre.
Well, ill advice we post transcripts after interview... VO's read this thread... So as not to be prejudiced!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ikanason Lmao cheesy grin cheesy cheesy I can't stop laughing because I thought that was your actual interview transcript, I didn't know it was a dummy transcript, Lol, how do you know that's what you'll be asked? That your purpose of going is quite verbose I think you should try and keep it simple, do you also have travel history? Also buying that machine do you think the v.o will be interested in hearing that because I don't think so sha i'm only just saying ni I don't know , Oya do another dummy transcript with simple and short purpose of going abeg

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Chloe7, I see you oh. Good evening Sis! Many regards to you all for the great work you do here. Seems Abuja & LagosNIV have not been smiling with people at all in recent times
I swear na true ooooo... Dem just deny my friend.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 30, 2016
seyewest:
I swear na true ooooo... Dem just deny my friend.
this visa thing ehn I just believe everything na time since the v.o's aren't superhuman you sef won't give up at least one day you'll meet the v.o that can really see that you are genuine and so are your intentions, I got my visa on third application even though I already gave up sha

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ikanason(m): 12:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
chloe7:
Ikanason Lmao cheesy grin cheesy cheesy I can't stop laughing because I thought that was your actual interview transcript, I didn't know it was a dummy transcript, Lol, how do you know that's what you'll be asked? That your purpose of going is quite verbose I think you should try and keep it simple, do you also have travel history? Also buying that machine do you think the v.o will be interested in hearing that because I don't think so sha i'm only just saying ni I don't know , Oya do another dummy transcript with simple and short purpose of going abeg

vo - good morning
me...same to u
vo.... ur passport
vo... where are u going
me...Texas
me... first to visit a family friend, and attend the birthday of the mum and to deliver her gifts from my dad, my dad planned going himself but he died late last year so my family is now
sending me, also want to buy hatching machine for
my company.
vo.... what do u do
me.... I own a big animal farm. which comprises of
poultry,
hatching machine.
vo.... ur salary is what
me.... 600k
vo.... a
re u married
me... yes
vo... with kids
ending.
me... 26 workers.
me... one week
vo... have u travel out before
me. no.

pls what's my chance....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 30, 2016
ikanason:

vo - good morning
me...same to u
vo.... ur passport
vo... where are u going
me...Texas
me... first to visit a family friend, and attend the birthday of the mum and to deliver her gifts from my dad, my dad planned going himself but he died late last year so my family is now
sending me, also want to buy hatching machine for
my company.
vo.... what do u do
me.... I own a big animal farm. which comprises of
poultry,
hatching machine.
vo.... ur salary is what
me.... 600k
vo.... a
re u married
me... yes
vo... with kids
ending.
me... 26 workers.
me... one week
vo... have u travel out before
me. no.

pls what's my chance....
no one can tell you your chances o as I am not a v.o, well that deliver gifts isn't needed because DHL can deliver gifts, find a reason cogent enough please

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SekSek: 1:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
ikanason:

Hi ikanason,

Let me add my 50kobo, why not just summarise and say " visiting friends and sightseeing? I think ur earnings seems ok enough, eventho the travel history is zero.

Ur unborn child might be the reason u not going with ur family, right?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 2:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
ikanason:

pls what's my chance....

Have to say your chances are poor.
The V.O. will not want to hear all that and will just cut you off.
It all sounds like a script that you are reading.
As said no need to visit to give presents.
No need to visit to buy incubator from America you can buy local or on line.

All too complicated.
Sorry if that is harsh, but it is true.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2016
ikanason:

vo - good morning
me...same to u
vo.... ur passport
vo... where are u going
me...Texas
my company.

vo.... what do u do
hatching machine.
vo.... ur salary is what
me.... 600k
vo.... are u married
me... yes
vo... with kids
ending.
me... 26 workers.
me... one week

The US consular officers don't have time for all these inconsequential tales. The interview is less than 5mins. You're attending your mother's birthday is okay.

For your Job description, the "big farm" is unnecessary. You have a farm is better, then include the rest and omit the machine you intend to buy. If you ever mention buying a machine in the US, then that's the end of the interview. Don't ask me why because I also don't know why they frown so much at it.

In case you don't have any travel history, your chances are slim regardless of your "big farm" it's a known fact, but visa officers will never give you any reason for a visa rejection, but maybe a clue.

My first visa interview was a rejection, but I got a BIG clue from the officer. The last question was "why is your wife not travelling with you" told the young lady, wiffy will be VERY busy during the period I chose to travel, she smiled and gave me a red card. That was how I got my own clue, went back to the drawing board, carried my whole team along and that was it.

So getting a US visa isn't a rocket science. You have to intelligently do your calculations.

15 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 2:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

The US consular officers don't have time for all these inconsequential tales. The interview is less than 5mins. You're attending your mother's birthday is okay.

For your Job description, the "big farm" is unnecessary. You have a farm is better, then include the rest and omit the machine you intend to buy. If you ever mention buying a machine in the US, then that's the end of the interview. Don't ask me why because I also don't know why they frown so much at it.

In case you don't have any travel history, your chances are slim regardless of your "big farm" it's a known fact, but visa officers will never give you any reason for a visa rejection, but maybe a clue.

My first visa interview was a rejection, but I got a BIG clue from the officer. The last question was "why is your wife not travelling with you" told the young lady, wiffy will be VERY busy during the period I chose to travel, she smiled and gave me a red card. That was how I got my own clue, went back to the drawing board, carried my whole team along and that was it.

So getting a US visa isn't a rocket science. You have to intelligently do your calculations.

Speaks volume!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NaGodwin: 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
Onicemus:

I salute U oh! The V.O will surely know you and approve your visa. Greetings
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ikanason(m): 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2016
[quote author=FrontPageLawyer post=44250693]

thanks so much but pls advice me more on, my wife is heavy and will deliver in may, the birthday is not my mother's birthday but a family friend birthday. thanks once more...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jisola3000: 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hello, please I need the advise from elders in the house.

My name is kemi, I work with a reputable COY and I have been with them for 6 years. I have travelled to UK 3 times and Dubai once. But I was denied US visa on the two occasions that I applied on the basis of not having strong ties in Nigeria.

The first time I attempted the US visa in 2011, the interviewer mentioned that I applied for the us visa less than 4 months after my first trip to the UK hence she thinks I made the trip to the UK because I was trying to get travel experience to boost my US application. she also mentioned that she wasn't convinced of my ties because i was only 1.5 years in the COY and my salary wasn't much.

On my second attempting 2014 i was asked if i was married and i said no . Then the interviewer said that she was sorry that my visa wont be granted because she was not convinced that i will come back.

Presently i have 5+ years of experience with the same COY, my salary has improved, i am still unmarried but i have a 1 year old son and I am about to make a third attempt at US Visa but i am scared of being denied again so i am trying to be careful with my application. please i need experts in the house to advice me on the best way to go about my application.

1.(Do i lie that i am married?).
2. Should I still use the invitation from my uncle or use hotel reservation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ikanason(m): 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
worry359:

Have to say your chances are poor.
The V.O. will not want to hear all that and will just cut you off.
It all sounds like a script that you are reading.
As said no need to visit to give presents.
No need to visit to buy incubator from America you can buy local or on line.

All too complicated.
Sorry if that is harsh, but it is true.

OK thanks but help me improve on it, u have known why I want to travel help me put it in a better way or should I just forget the interview since I don't have a good point.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by earthrealm(m): 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
'''the big farm''' sh,it gat me laughing hard..
the bloody americans dont give a rats a,ss...........ur farm can be as big as texas...but if u dont meet thier criteria, no visa for you..
your story about delivering gifts...doesnt jell, makes u look small/low/not together etc.
stick to visits, AS REASON FOR VISIT.

IN THIS scenario KISS, keep it simple s........d is the way to go

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ikanason(m): 4:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
SekSek:

Hi ikanason,

Let me add my 50kobo, why not just summarise and say " visiting friends and sightseeing? I think ur earnings seems ok enough, eventho the travel history is zero.

Ur unborn child might be the reason u not going with ur family, right?

yea that's the reason why am not going with my wife. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by earthrealm(m): 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2016
jisola3000:

My name is k###, I work with a reputable COY and I have been with them for 6 years. I have travelled to UK 3 times and Dubai once. But I was denied US visa on the two occasions that I applied on the basis of not having strong ties in Nigeria.

(Do i lie that i am married?).

I KNOW HOW DESPERATE U MAY BE, BUT LYING that u r married, when u aint is a good idea, there may be consequences,
as the saying goes, a good liar shud hv a good memory.....but in this case it goes more than that.......what if u r found out?...no1 knows the types of checks the americans do.........
be confident, usa isnt do or die.........the 2 denials u had in the past ....the VO was legally within her/his right to deny you......, hope those past denials wont come to haunt u now........blv there was no form of misrepresentation in ur previous interviews.......
no one can tell u the odds of success.............we aint wizards, n we wud hv won big in naira bet if we were grin grin

btw...i hope k### isnt ur real name
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 5:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
ikanason:

yea that's the reason why am not going with my wife. thanks

Visiting friends and sightseeing.
While your pregnant wife stays home alone.

That will not impress a western visa officer, especially if it is a lady! shocked angry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SekSek: 6:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
worry359:

That will not impress a western visa officer, especially if it is a lady! shocked angry

True o, i just dey re-reason am too...so he has to wait to wifey puts to bed and goes with the whole team?
Na wa o..thank GOD am not married.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
jisola3000:

My name is kemi,

1.(Do i lie that i am married?).
2. Should I still use the invitation from my uncle or use hotel reservation.

You must not lie!
Tell the truth, you have a partner and child, but not wed.
The worst then is you will be rejected.
If you are caught lying it can be very bad.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
SekSek:

Na wa o..thank GOD am not married.

May God forgive U cheesy
I shall find a spouse for u before next month runs out grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ikanason(m): 7:47pm On Mar 30, 2016
worry359:

advice pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
chloe7:
this visa thing ehn I just believe everything na time since the v.o's aren't superhuman you sef won't give up at least one day you'll meet the v.o that can really see that you are genuine and so are your intentions, I got my visa on third application even though I already gave up sha
Mine was the second time.... but Abuja is not smiling and they reject you even when they've granted your colleague and team for the same conference the said visa. It's frustrating she just dey cry.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:17pm On Mar 30, 2016
worry359:

On point... it's a valid reason to deny... I will deny him 10/10

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.