Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1535619 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2016
tembuk:
Hello all,
Please i need a little clarification on USA invite, i have a friend who sent me an invitation letter as at 2nd Feb 2016 but due to some reason i am yet to file in my application, i will be filling in my application on or before end of April will it affect my visa as the invitation is dated 2nd Feb 2016 or is it advisable i request another?

Just wise and all please i need your advice on this matter.

Thanks all and you guys are doing a good job helping us here.................
GQ
The date won't affect your application.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
Lucky sorry about that. I feel say na smaaaaal thing remain for u to get the visa. Try and direct some videos in non african countries before reapplying. Pele
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 4:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
Lucky4real28:
I was rejected today, I really felt bad because of all the stress I went through, from Arik air 7hrs delay to going there to stand, the interview started late. This is the transcript

V.O - I am sorry your not eligible, TKO!!
I am really heart broken, I spent my hard earn money on expensive tickets, as am typing am in Abuja airport facing azman airline 1.30 hrs delay. I wil ll maybe apply again when I have something to do there again...really love this tread and will keep following even if I don't travel anytime soon. Nice job peps, keep it up.

Great to see your transcript... I think it's something about your purpose of trip not well represented!
Keep your head up, you'll get it someday!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 4:56pm On Mar 31, 2016
tembuk:
Hello all,
Please i need a little clarification on USA invite, i have a friend who sent me an invitation letter as at 2nd Feb 2016 but due to some reason i am yet to file in my application, i will be filling in my application on or before end of April will it affect my visa as the invitation is dated 2nd Feb 2016 or is it adviseable i request another?

Just wise and all please i need your advice on this matter.

Thanks all and you guys are doing a good job helping us here.................
GQ

The embassy don't care about your invite(s)... trust me they really don't believe in invites at the US consulate.
Somehow i guess this position invalidates your date-fears. even when they ask to see it they do so with acquiesce and for other reasons unknown to you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ikanason(m): 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Nwa Tisha, this interview still has not happened? Or is it billed for tomorrow? All the best however. You have received advice on here abundantly, just do a good blend

omobendel thanks...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:20pm On Mar 31, 2016
Beniyoha01:

lolz, What about @LagosNIV @AbujaNIV @Tzetze & Justwise....
Ah shocked! Those are grand patrons. Well, two of them should just come in with key souvenirs - at least 10 non-immigrant visas each - oh, the other two particularly, in collaboration with us will do the distribution. Lolzzzz

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lucky4real28(m): 12:18am On Apr 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Lucky sorry about that. I feel say na smaaaaal thing remain for u to get the visa. Try and direct some videos in non african countries before reapplying. Pele
thank you jare, that's exactly what I will do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lucky4real28(m): 12:19am On Apr 01, 2016
Beniyoha01:

Great to see your transcript... I think it's something about your purpose of trip not well represented!
Keep your head up, you'll get it someday!
Thank you sir.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:24am On Apr 01, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Aw aw! Sh** just hit the roof, eyes popped, Omobendel24 grabs a seat, sitting now at the front row, greasing his palms observantly. Folks, where are you all now? Lady Guinivere, Chloe7, Seyewest, Nerf, Worry359, na una dey to my left hand so abi na high table side una dey?

I de find who go buy me tkt go las Vegas, if not na via youtube I go watch d wedding, abi na life streaming

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:33am On Apr 01, 2016
Lucky4real28:
I was rejected today, I really felt bad because of all the stress I went through, from Arik air 7hrs delay to going there to stand, the interview started late. This is the transcript
V.O - Good morning
Me - Good morning
V.O - why are you going to the US
Me - To co direct a music video for one of our artiste
V.O - what do you do
Me - I am a video director
V.O- will you get paid for this?
Me- No..( because it's my job to direct a video anywhere and anytime so long as my employer pays for everything, I get my salary)
V.O- have you travelled before?
Me: Yes to South Africa, Kenya and Ghana twice
V.O - how much do you earn monthly?
Me - 150000
V.O - spots my ring and asked if I am married?
Me- yes
v.O what is the name of your wife
Me- answered
V.O - I am sorry your not eligible, TKO!!
I am really heart broken, I spent my hard earn money on expensive tickets, as am typing am in Abuja airport facing azman airline 1.30 hrs delay. I wil ll maybe apply again when I have something to do there again...really love this tread and will keep following even if I don't travel anytime soon. Nice job peps, keep it up.

Not sure you're authorized to use a B1/B2 visa if you're shooting a music video in the US. Your visa category will likely fall under media since you're shooting a film in the US. There are some very specific requirements for people who are involved in film making, including post-production; reason the consular officer asked this very question "will you get paid for this". You're advised to ask @LagosNIV and @AbujaNIV the type of visa that allows you shoot a music video for your company in the US. No need narrating your transcript there otherwise you won't like their reply.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:46am On Apr 01, 2016
Lucky4real28:
I was rejected today,
V.O- will you get paid for this?
Me- No..( because it's my job to direct a video anywhere and anytime so long as my employer pays for everything, I get my salary )
V.O- have you travelled before?
Me: Yes to South Africa, Kenya and Ghana twice
V.O - how much do you earn monthly?
Me - 150000

Please look carefully.
You state that you will not get paid.
Then you state your salary (This is getting paid!)
The visa officer has picked up on this discrepancy and refused your visa.
They do not seem to take it as fraud so you are lucky.

If you try again you must declare paid work as your reason for travel.
If they question the difference from your last application tell them thayt you were confused and did not understand the implications of the question.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:52am On Apr 01, 2016
worry359:

Please look carefully.
You state that you will not get paid.
Then you state your salary (This is getting paid!)
The visa officer has picked up on this discrepancy and refused your visa.
They do not seem to take it as fraud so you are lucky.

If you try again you must declare paid work as your reason for travel.
If they question the difference from your last application tell them thayt you were confused and did not understand the implications of the question.

Don't you think the visa officer was referring to getting paid in the US for the job which is prohibited under B1/B2 category.

I just think it has something to do with the visa category. It is illegal to shoot a film in the US with a B1/B2 visa, but don't know about music video.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 9:11am On Apr 01, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

Don't you think the visa officer was referring to getting paid in the US for the job which is prohibited under B1/B2 category.

I just think it has something to do with the visa category. It is illegal to shoot a film in the US with a B1/B2 visa, but don't know about music video.

Yes, general confusion on being paid and visa type.
Just pointing out that he was being paid.

I feel that the VO has seen that this is just confusion and not deliberate fraud. (which is good )
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 9:36am On Apr 01, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

Absolutely right @FrontPageLawyer.... He should have applied for the I-Visa (for media & Journalist)
Media visas are for "representatives of the foreign media," including members of the press, radio, film or print industries, whose activities are essential to the foreign media function, such as reporters, film crews, editors and persons in similar occupations, traveling to the United States to engage in their profession.

And if you already have a B1/B2 visa you need a permit....

WHY?
* Is this a commercial shoot?
* Will your filming disturb traffic or pedestrians?
* Will you need to use tripods, dollys, wires, a generator or other equipment on sidewalks or streets?
* Are you using the public space in a special/different way than it is intended?

If you answer yes to ANY of these questions, you likely need a permit.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 12:22pm On Apr 01, 2016
Beniyoha01:

Absolutely right @FrontPageLawyer.... He should have applied for the I-Visa (for media & Journalist)
Media visas are for "representatives of the foreign media," including members of the press, radio, film or print industries, whose activities are essential to the foreign media function, such as reporters, film crews, editors and persons in similar occupations, traveling to the United States to engage in their profession.

And if you already have a B1/B2 visa you need a permit....

WHY?
* Is this a commercial shoot?
* Will your filming disturb traffic or pedestrians?
* Will you need to use tripods, dollys, wires, a generator or other equipment on sidewalks or streets?
* Are you using the public space in a special/different way than it is intended?

If you answer yes to ANY of these questions, you likely need a permit.

Guess he applied for a wrong Visa. But dont you think the VO would have been kind enough to let him know he applied for a wrong visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Chanbaby: 2:03pm On Apr 01, 2016
Good morning house, my husband and I was denied with yesterday in abuja. Here is my transcript:
Vo: good morning
Hubby: good morning
Vo: what is the relationship btw u guyz
Myself: married
Vo: why are u going to the US?
Hubby:To have a vacation on our first year marriage anniversary.
Vo: Where are u going to?
Hubby: New york
Vo: Tell me about your job
Hubby: I am a process operator for so so oil company and I do bla bla ( Vo nodding and asking for more)
Vo: how much do u earn
Hubby: .... monthly, ..... every 6months
Vo: madam what do u do?
Wifey: I am currently a homemaker, just graduate with a masters from a university in the UK.
Vo: u worked somewhere before?
Wifey: yes, INEC staff clinic lab
Vo: Does INEC have a laboratory?
Wifey: yes for their workers.
Vo: what course did u study in the UK
Wifey: ........
Vo: thinking undecided......
Vo: Do u have any child?
Hubby: No
Vo: sorry non of u qualified for the visa.
Note : We travelled together to UK July for my graduation.
Pls ladyG, Chloe and the other gurus please advice me cause I will like to apply again so I can have my baby there, although not pregnant yet. grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Naomi2016: 2:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
I have been a silent follower since Jan, we had our interview in Abj yesterday and was denied. My transcript:

Me: morning
Vo: morning

Vo: Purpose:
Me: Tourism

Vo: Where are you going in US?
Me: Brooklyn in New York

Vo:Who invited you?
Me: My cousin xxxxx

Vo: where do you work?
Me:xxxxxx
Vo: OK, he mentioned the office again

Vo: why is your husband not going with you?
Me: he's not yet on his annual leave

Vo: where is he?
Me: he's in UK, he just got transferred from his office here.
Vo: are you living in UK?
Me: no, I live here and I'm also working here. My children are schooling here too. ( I went with 2 children)
Vo::sorry you're not quality this time.

Pls gurus, tell me where I made mistake and what do I do next time. Tnx.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by omotolani22(f): 3:02pm On Apr 01, 2016
Abuja isn't smiling at all.my brother was denied last week too.according to him,here goes the transcript as interviewed by a young woman there.

VO:good morning

Him:morning

VO:Where are you going in the US

Him:Baltimore

VO:what for

Him:vacation

VO:what do you do?

Him:I work with Skye bank

VO:briefly describe your roles

Him:he said he told them he is a fund transfer officer who does local and international transfers.

VO:when last have you seen your uncle inviting you

Him:2010

VO:have you travelled outside Nigeria before?

Him:yes I have been to Dubai

VO: sorry you are not qualified at this time.

Him:thanks.
My question is this @all.this same brother applied in 2012 with his wife and daughter all of them with virgin passports ,he said the VO in Lagos then asked him if he applied for visa lottery recently and he answered no but that the VO told him he applied in the year 2009.so he said he replied that he doesn't know 2009 is recent in year 2012.I hope the first Lagos VO that interviewed them then has not noted on his name that he lied?pls help me with this.thanks everyone.happy new month to us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 3:28pm On Apr 01, 2016
Chanbaby:
Good morning house, my husband and I was denied with yesterday in abuja. Here is my transcript:
Hubby: I am a process operator for so so oil company and I do bla bla ( Vo nodding and asking for more)
Wifey: I am currently a homemaker, just graduate with a masters from a university in the UK.
Pls ladyG, Chloe and the other gurus please advice me cause I will like to apply again so I can have my baby there, although not pregnant yet. grin

Spotted nothing wrong with your application and transcript...

BUT.... The VO probably may have spotted something
- You are a house wife (No Job) without a kid yet (No strong family tie), Nothing really ties you to ur hubby as such besides the marriage (Doesn't mean others don't get it thus, but this could have worked against you) but you can always try again...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 3:32pm On Apr 01, 2016
Naomi2016:
I have been a silent follower since Jan, we had our interview in Abj yesterday and was denied. My transcript:

Me: no, I live here and I'm also working here. My children are schooling here too. ( I went with 2 children)

He or she doesn't trust your story-line... Apply with hubby.
trust me that's the only panacea to ur case!

PS/ You can even do so in the UK, your note as collected by the VO will help solidify your chances.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zed7: 3:33pm On Apr 01, 2016
Never feel bad about being denied. It's like playing Russian roullet. My wife was given recently. She's only travelled to Dubai and is currently a homemaker as she recently resigned. Meanwhile she was denied when she still had a job.
There are no rules. It's like playing baba ijebu.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
Chanbaby:

Not having a child is not the problem, the visa officer wasn't satisfied with your employment and financial situation in such that you can afford the trip without having to seek employment in the US. The VO asked how much you earn at every month. You should be quick to come up with the exact figure. In my own opinion, the VO concluded that your employment is not subsisting because your salary comes in at every six months. "That was the impression you gave" If you must submit a new application, you should include additional information that clarify aspects of your work, social and family ties. You can as well give time to build up your ties to establish concretely that you indeed are settled, so that future applications for visas can be viewed more favourably.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:52pm On Apr 01, 2016
So many refusals. That's so sad.
@chanababy truly I taya for una refusal. Apart from the fact that ur transcript is profoundly not complete (no salary) I see nothing wrong. Maybe the vo was just not convinced. Without the salary (being one of the questions asked) I really can't guess the deciding factor. U have an ok travel history. Your husband works here so your ties are here.being a homemaker does not disqualify u except from the vo's analysis your husband's income is insufficent.

@omotolani your brother should increase his travel history. Pele

@Naomi does your husband have a us visa? If he does apply with his visa page from where u have ties (which in my opinion is where your job and kids' school is) with a consent letter from him
Or he can join u guys the next time to aPply

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:56pm On Apr 01, 2016
Naomi2016:

During the visa interview they consider professional, social, cultural and other factors each person presents. Unfortunately a bigger part of your family ties is established in the UK where your husband is presently working. As far as the officer is concerned, you might be travelling or "running away" with your children without your husband's consent. It's advisable you apply with your husband when he's in the country.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by onatisi(m): 4:05pm On Apr 01, 2016
Naomi2016:

You have no reason to come back ,your husband is in UK ,and you want yo travel to USA with all ur kids .it pretty much looks as if you are trying to relocate ,it would have been easier if you said your husband is in Nigeria with your kids or maybe one of them. As a woman they know you will want to come back for them. Just my thought

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 4:11pm On Apr 01, 2016
omotolani22:
Abuja isn't smiling at all.my brother was denied last week too.according to him,here goes the transcript as interviewed by a young woman there.

Him:thanks.
My question is this @all.this same brother applied in 2012 with his wife and daughter all of them with virgin passports ,he said the VO in Lagos then asked him if he applied for visa lottery recently and he answered no but that the VO told him he applied in the year 2009.so he said he replied that he doesn't know 2009 is recent in year 2012.I hope the first Lagos VO that interviewed them then has not noted on his name that he lied?pls help me with this.thanks everyone.happy new month to us all.

Well, it's probably in his note that he lied... but i just think he din't just qualify as at when he was denied.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Matcoco: 4:22pm On Apr 01, 2016
Hello house, i really need the guru's in the house to advice pls. My B2 visa was cancelled last year because i went to give birth in 2014 and i didnt mention it in my application that i will be going to do that, i was invited for interview when i reapplied and the vo asked me during interview that if giving birth was my intention when i applied for the previous visa; i said no. So she got angry and said i lied, then stamped cancelled without prejudice on my two expired visas. prejudice. How do i get a visa again to the u.s. can i try student visa and i wont get denied? Please Lady G and others assist in any thing that i can do to get my access back.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 4:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
Matcoco:
Hello house, i really need the guru's in the house to advice pls. My B2 visa was cancelled last year because i went to give birth in 2014 and i didnt mention it in my application that i will be going to do that, i was invited for interview when i reapplied and the vo asked me during interview that if giving birth was my intention when i applied for the previous visa; i said no. So she got angry and said i lied, then stamped cancelled without prejudice on my two expired visas. prejudice. How do i get a visa again to the u.s. can i try student visa and i wont get denied? Please Lady G and others assist in any thing that i can do to get my access back.

Need not apply for anything yet cos they have all your record even if you go for diplomatic visa (Ur mata dey cooler)....
Just try contact them to know your status. Ask if you're banned? if yes, try to know if it's a life ban or the years involved.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Matcoco: 4:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
Ok thanks, how do i get that info from them please.meanwhile, i was handed the blue letter for refusal, that states i can reapply.

Need not apply for anything yet cos they have all your record even if you go for diplomatic visa (Ur mata dey cooler)....
Just try contact them to know your status. Ask if you're banned? if yes, try to know if it's a life ban or the years involved.[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by joxiri: 5:16pm On Apr 01, 2016
Naomi2016:

Go to the uk and apply from there if your husband genuinely works in the uk, u have a tie to the uk since he is working there
I am no expert but i feel U will get it
And before I get lynched yes you can apply for a US visa from the UK with a uk visiting visa but let it be at least a 2 years uk visa

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.