Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,592 members, 7,823,577 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536893 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ddu: 1:30pm On Apr 12, 2016
worry359:

This gets deeper and darker!
Do the children have a green card by birth? were they born in the USA?
Or did they get a green card by being sponsored by their father?

Thanks worry359,
Through their father
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ddu: 1:38pm On Apr 12, 2016
worry359:

If she changes the story the visa officer will see immediately, everything is on record now forever.
Straight away it will be seen as falsehood she will certainly be rejected again and most probably receive a ban.
Do not not realise that everything is recorded? shocked shocked

ok, thanks.
but is it possible for children to be living alone? the eldest one is just 21yrs.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2016
ddu:

ok, thanks.
but is it possible for children to be living alone? the eldest one is just 21yrs.

Adult age is 18!
Very usual for them to be living alone in modern countries.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ddu: 1:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
Beniyoha01:

Apparently, this is how she made herself seem before the vo....

*The children eloped to stay with their uncle
*The mother is planning to elope to join the kids

She represented a flight risk and the vo cant waste more time in making that decision to deny her.
I can bet she already earned herself a big question mark on her profile with the embassy and she'll have to considerably prove to the vo that she's genuine and harbor no illegal immigrant intent.

kudos Beniyoha01,
what advice can you give her? she has a good job here in Nigeria, she is missing the children and she thinks is economically wise for her to visit them than for them to visit her in Nigeria, she's considering the cost. Truly, the children are living with their father in the states.
pls, advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ddu: 1:55pm On Apr 12, 2016
worry359:

Adult age is 18!
Very usual for them to be living alone in modern countries.

ok, thanks bro,
but the way her issue looks now, would you advise her to reapply?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 2:14pm On Apr 12, 2016
ddu:

kudos Beniyoha01,
what advice can you give her? she has a good job here in Nigeria, she is missing the children and she thinks is economically wise for her to visit them than for them to visit her in Nigeria, she's considering the cost. Truly, the children are living with their father in the states.
pls, advice

She could reapply BUT......

*Not anytime soon
*Say the truth... she should be ready to let the VO's know she lied at the previous interview (Worse is a denial not a death penalty)
*She should concentrate more on displaying her ties back home
*Show no sign of desperation

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ddu: 2:32pm On Apr 12, 2016
Beniyoha01:

She could reapply BUT......

*Not anytime soon
*Say the truth... she should be ready to let the VO's know she lied at the previous interview (Worse is a denial not a death penalty)
*She should concentrate more on displaying her ties back home
*Show no sign of desperation

Thanks and remain blessed bro.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 2:55pm On Apr 12, 2016
ddu:

Thanks and remain blessed bro.

Bless you too...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:24pm On Apr 12, 2016
What is it with people going to the embassy and creating complications for themselves then coming on here to 'ask for advise'
Which advice do you want? How to wriggle out of the hole wriggled into?
Ok! I have advice for those already in the hole and for the silent readers
#inWorry's voice grin
DON'T use agents
If you self analyse and KNOW you don't have suufficent ties, sit your behind down
DON'T lie at the embassy. Have some dignity! Haba!
If you have to lie or use an agent, it probably means you are not qualified
If you have already lied, don't come here seeking for a magic escape hatch. The only solution is to come clean

Oya worry please you can have your voicebox back cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 4:04pm On Apr 12, 2016
Thank You. grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
What is it with people going to the embassy and creating complications for themselves then coming on here to 'ask for advise'

If you have already lied, don't come here seeking for a magic escape hatch. The only solution is to come clean

Also do not think that you can lie and then go back and say sorry, expecting all sins to be washed away!
The record will stay and you will have to work extra hard to convince the visa officer to issue you with a visa.
The only good point is that by telling the whole truth you may escape a long ban.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:48pm On Apr 12, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

And the regret only emanated because she was refused and the fact that for every action is a resultant consequence became glaring.
If I am the vo these are the issues I would consider before refusing her at least 3 times more....
Please tell her to reapply when after the original marriage maybe in 3-4 years time or less...That's the remedy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 4:51pm On Apr 12, 2016
seyewest:
Please tell her to reapply when after the original marriage maybe in 3-4 years time or less...That's the remedy

She ll only be lucky if she marries the same man she puts his information there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:55pm On Apr 12, 2016
Question for the house=
How much is dropbox? And what and what will the person need to do (I know that no bio metric will be needed)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 5:24pm On Apr 12, 2016
Beniyoha01:

Whew! Nigerians sha... we always see the need to lie at any juncture.
and you know what... The Vo's have trained how to decipher.

She already lied, Now she wanna say the truth and by so doing she will get in some more lies across.
Truth is, tell her to go chill for now. To the above bolded... do you really think the VO is that gullible and ignorant to believe that contraption?
You can keep that in your mind while she goes to pay for another MRV.

I'm tired of this thread sha
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 5:26pm On Apr 12, 2016
ddu:

kudos Beniyoha01,
pls, advice

She really can't use a B1B2 visa to visit her children. There is an apparent immigration intent.

How did they get there in
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by drzik: 5:34pm On Apr 12, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am sorry if this has been tackled in earlier posts.

My younger sister is scheduled to have her interview to visit for my graduation in few days. The young lady did not fill the previous work experience part of the DS-160 form - didn't put in her NYSC and subsequent volunteer position before current full employment. As the ceremony is just a month away, I am skeptical about her cancelling the interview for another date. Is there anyway round this? I read somewhere that you can fill a new form and let the Visa Officer know about it at the interview. I'll appreciate an urgent response.

Thanks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2016
drzik:
Hi everyone,

My younger sister is scheduled to have her interview to visit for my graduation in few days. The young lady did not fill the previous work experience part of the DS-160 form - didn't put in her NYSC and subsequent volunteer position before current full employment. As the ceremony is just a month away, I am skeptical about her cancelling the interview for another date. Is there anyway round this? I read somewhere that you can fill a new form and let the Visa Officer know about it at the interview. I'll appreciate an urgent response.

Thanks!

Need not fret, she can fill a new form, call the embassy to update the new form on her current appointment/date.
014406218 (she must do so at least 48hours before her interview date)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Mimiamal: 5:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
tzetzefly:

Just as @LadyG stated and in addition, it is not uncommon to see situations such as yourself. When filing your DS-160, in the column regarding marital status, select "separated".

And when going for your interview, go along with a consent letter from your spouse (Stating his express permission for you to travel with the child) as well as his identification document.

Do not forget to take the child's birth certificate along with you and letter from her/his school that the travel is known to the school authorities. It shows that there has been a prior responsibility from parent to child.

All these are necessary to stem child trafficking. Not any ones' fault
Thnks alot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by drzik: 6:07pm On Apr 12, 2016
Beniyoha01:

Need not fret, she can fill a new form, call the embassy to update the new form on her current appointment/date.
014406218 (she must do so at least 48hours before her interview date)

Thanks so much!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:15pm On Apr 12, 2016
drzik:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
The form is gender specific. Females do not need to fill work history. The ds 160 is designed in such a way that if any column is left unfilled, not only can't u procced to the next page, you can't even submit. So if u submitted you don't need to fill another form.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 6:48am On Apr 13, 2016
greetings all. I have completed my ds160 form, submitted, I discovered that I have to add more info about myself on the form. I have filled another dss that my passport refused to upload.....keeps telling me there was an error in processing my passport. Take note that it is the same passport I used in the previous form, that I am still using.

Could it be that I cannot use same passport for two applications or what may be the problem??

please what should I do?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:38am On Apr 13, 2016
kooljay5:
greetings all. I have completed my ds160 form, submitted, I discovered that I have to add more info about myself on the form. I have filled another dss that my passport refused to upload.....keeps telling me there was an error in processing my passport. Take note that it is the same passport I used in the previous form, that I am still using.

Could it be that I cannot use same passport for two applications or what may be the problem??

please what should I do?
Then u try something else If the same passport isn't going. Try another passport or submit without A passport
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 8:20am On Apr 13, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Then u try something else If the same passport isn't going. Try another passport or submit without A passport

can I submit without attaching passport? is it allowed ??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 8:42am On Apr 13, 2016
kooljay5:

please what should I do?

You are not alone. its their website problem. I guess they ll be on it now to fix the error
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Herbwise(m): 9:22am On Apr 13, 2016
please how do I schedule for my appointment so that the whole famiy of 5, will be interviewed once? I have completed the ds160.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:24pm On Apr 13, 2016
Herbwise:
please how do I schedule for my appointment so that the whole famiy of 5, will be interviewed once? I have completed the ds160.
Simply pick the same time slot for everybody and all of y'all go together to answer the vo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Simply pick the same time slot for everybody and all of y'all go together to answer the vo

thank you lady G

ah ah ah! @LADYG you no direct me well this time oo. you didn't tell me that i can add the rest of my family members on the same form of booking appointment, instead of creating separate account for each of them. following your advice above would mean that I am to fill a different appointment form for everyone in my family.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2016
kooljay5:

thank you lady G

ah ah ah! @LADYG you no direct me well this time oo. you didn't tell me that i can add the rest of my family members on the same form of booking appointment, instead of creating separate account for each of them. following your advice above would mean that I am to fill a different appointment form for everyone in my family.
Ok. Have u done that and created one appointment form for everybody? Please get back to us
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 3:01pm On Apr 13, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ok. Have u done that and created one appointment form for everybody? Please get back to us

yes i have. one appointment for every body
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by suemie4ever(f): 3:01pm On Apr 13, 2016
Lady g , pls i need quick reply to this question 2014 i filled a family application ds160 form what i mean is that i filled mine first then then added other through family application ,now to the question , right now i am filling ds160 forms for two of my kids do i go back to their old form or i should fill a new form fo r them because when i tried opening the old ds 160 form i only saw my information what do i do please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by suemie4ever(f): 3:08pm On Apr 13, 2016
I am waiting o!

suemie4ever:
Lady g , pls i need quick reply to this question 2014 i filled a family application ds160 form what i mean is that i filled mine first then then added other through family application ,now to the question , right now i am filling ds160 forms for two of my kids do i go back to their old form or i should fill a new form fo r them because when i tried opening the old ds 160 form i only saw my information what do i do please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.