Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538650 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Pwhitelaw(m): 11:59pm On Jun 22, 2016
NaGodwin:
U wan travel leave ur 10months old twins, abi?
It's alright, dis is a very simple case
Kindly ask the agent to provide a wife and 10 month s old twins for you, then u can reapply with them as a family, make sure say d twins na boys oh
Then, u ll not only get a visa, u ll be given an America passport.

The deed has been done and you don't have to make a joke out if this if you can't advice me on what to do when next am applying. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 12:24am On Jun 23, 2016
Pwhitelaw:

thanks for your quick response. you I mean I should tell them I lied saying am married.because I want to reapply using my real status.
Well, your other option would be providing your wife and 10month old twins and applying with them as a family for the vacation..... Admitting to the lie might be an easier task.
But then again, what was the reason for the refusal as stated on the paper given to you?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by msoloye: 12:33am On Jun 23, 2016
Hello house! My husband is a LPR and he just left for the US some months ago to live there permanently. He hasn't started filing for me but he'll start any moment from now. I am pregnant and I want to know if I can apply for a B1\B2 visa to deliver and return to Nigeria while we wait for the petition to come through. Apart from the fact that my husband will want to witness the birth of our child, I also need some expert care due to some health conditions that I've tried to treat since my childhood. My health and that of the baby are my priorities. My husband's presence and the citizenship of our baby will be added advantage. I don't know how I'll convince the VO that I'll return to Nigeria after childbirth since my husband isn't here and I am self employed. I'll be glad to read your responses. Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Pwhitelaw(m): 4:44am On Jun 23, 2016
sugah:

Well, your other option would be providing your wife and 10month old twins and applying with them as a family for the vacation..... Admitting to the lie might be an easier task.
But then again, what was the reason for the refusal as stated on the paper given to you?
..... I was given a yellow paper which was also given to other people who were also rejected. The reason was not specifically stated.they said am ineligible for the visa that I don't have strong ties. That I can reapply when my circumstances have changed.the v.o did not ask for a single document and I feel itz because of the 10month old twins because he was laying emphasis on why am leaving my wife behind.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 23, 2016
Pwhitelaw:
I was at the embassy at abuja on Monday for the interview. I applied through an agent but don't know I can actually apply myself untill I saw this thread.According to the agent he said am married with kids. The transcript goes thus

Me:Goodmorning
V.o:morning, your passport plz
Me:I gave him
Vshocked:why are you going to the us?
Me:for vacation and sight seeing
V.o:where are you going in the US?
Me:Newark, New Jersey
V.o:where will you stay in the US?
Me:with my uncle
V.o:where is he working
Me:he is a social worker with the state of New Jersey
V.o:Are you married
Me:yes
V.o:with kids?
V.o:why are you not travelling with your wife?
Me:she will take care of my 10month old twins and she also works... Vo keeps typing for 45min and gave me the yellow paper
The deed has been done and I need advice because I will like to travel to disvirgin my passport and reapply using my true status of being single. Thanks

So you aren't married? Why would you bother lying about this?

This simply doesn't make sense to me.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by barnaby04(m): 7:06am On Jun 23, 2016
These Visa Officers are very funny and living in a world of theirs. Will post my transcript at the Abuja Consular yesterday and also, my take home experience watching the way the VOs were refusing people visas as soon as I settle down cos it is worth sharing for the benefit of all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:07am On Jun 23, 2016
Pwhitelaw:
..... I was given a yellow paper which was also given to other people who were also rejected. The reason was not specifically stated.they said am ineligible for the visa that I don't have strong ties. That I can reapply when my circumstances have changed.the v.o did not ask for a single document and I feel itz because of the 10month old twins because he was laying emphasis on why am leaving my wife behind.
Chai. U only saw this thread after lying? How sad lipsrsealed

There's no magic cure to your sins. U misrepresented. You damaged your credibility.
Apparently because u yourself adjudged that you had no ties.
So until u actually have ties, do not reapply. When u do, fill the truth. If the vo denies u again, that is it. U keep on reapplying until u can convince a vo you are legit.
#nomagiccure #facethemusic

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:11am On Jun 23, 2016
LagosNIV:

So you aren't married? Why would you bother lying about this?

This simply doesn't make sense to me.

Its called I am sharp syndrome. It avails a lot of applicants and they only become aware of their ailment after being denied
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:18am On Jun 23, 2016
msoloye:
Hello house! My husband is a LPR and he just left for the US some months ago to live there permanently. He hasn't started filing for me but he'll start any moment from now. I am pregnant and I want to know if I can apply for a B1\B2 visa to deliver and return to Nigeria while we wait for the petition to come through. Apart from the fact that my husband will want to witness the birth of our child, I also need some expert care due to some health conditions that I've tried to treat since my childhood. My health and that of the baby are my priorities. My husband's presence and the citizenship of our baby will be added advantage. I don't know how I'll convince the VO that I'll return to Nigeria after childbirth since my husband isn't here and I am self employed. I'll be glad to read your responses. Thanks and God bless.
Can you apply for a B visa : Yes
How do you convince the vo: by hardwork and preparedness. Read the birthing thread well and pick up as many tips as you can.
Is your husband already in the us an added advtg? :IMO no. Cos it increases your ties in the US wheras at this point what u need to establish is a tie to nigeria
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:22am On Jun 23, 2016
Pwhitelaw:
The deed has been done and you don't have to make a joke out if this if you can't advice me on what to do when next am applying. thanks
Actually, did u think you would post that your needless act and have folks not laugh at u? That's one of the consequencies of your action...people will laugh and jeer at you. Hopefully the shame will steer you in the right direction next time

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:44am On Jun 23, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Chai. U only saw this thread after lying? How sad lipsrsealed

There's no magic cure to your sins. U misrepresented. You damaged your credibility.
Apparently because u yourself adjudged that you had no ties.
So until u actually have ties, do not reapply. When u do, fill the truth. If the vo denies u again, that is it. U keep on reapplying until u can convince a vo you are legit.
#nomagiccure #facethemusic
You are sugarcoating this one some bit still sha, his own case is that of "it's finished" with just one more step, his conscience will find him out, na only him go by himself carry gun take shoot him leg as e be so, na small leading him need.
The cases we get to read and see here my sister, tiring. Some have "solutions" oh, put a gun to my head, that equals time wasted. The things our people do ehn, quite amazing. Worst part, just in case you don't see this clearly, quite a number of them are very POISED AND PRIMED FOR SOME ABUSIVE BANTER WITH US. Will try and just "jump and pass" them! #Gutted
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:49am On Jun 23, 2016
NaGodwin:
U wan travel leave ur 10months old twins, abi?
It's alright, dis is a very simple case
Kindly ask the agent to provide a wife and 10 month s old twins for you, then u can reapply with them as a family, make sure say d twins na boys oh
Then, u ll not only get a visa, u ll be given an America passport.

shocked

*faints*
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:58am On Jun 23, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Can you apply for a B visa : Yes
How do you convince the vo: by hardwork and preparedness. Read the birthing thread well and pick up as many tips as you can.
Is your husband already in the us an added advtg? :IMO no. Cos it increases your ties in the US wheras at this point what u need to establish is a tie to nigeria
This one go hard ehn! I dey clearly see her advantage is being built around "some health conditions that I've tried to treat since my childhood. My health and that of the baby are my priorities" (work something out back of this if genuine), those ties to Naija wey dey hard to establish for her kind of case I no dey see am yet oh, particularly that self employed wey I just dey see there with one "eyes" so.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:07am On Jun 23, 2016
Pwhitelaw:

To cover up a lie, you need more lies. It's not healthy.

Wait until you are married then really. There's no space for date of marriage, so if asked, u shift back marriage date to 2015 or so.

Dazzall!

Alternatively, look for anoda desperado babe and apply together as married. If asked about the twins, jst say they got a scholarship to study in Niger Delta University or something like dat

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Divyne1: 9:04am On Jun 23, 2016
The sarcastic judgements given on this thread anytime people post their "sinful" acts to get an American visa is quite harsh. Yes, what they do is wrong by lying and they might think they are being 'smart' when conjuring the lies. However, the essence of this thread i believe is to help people know and get their visa the right way with the right intention/purpose. Therefore, it is unnecessary to talk down, insult anybody no matter how outrageously annoying their 'lies' and stories are, emphasis should be on the event/situation not the person. Their posts/experiences are valuable (just like the success posts) so people can learn from their errors.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by AZUH: 9:06am On Jun 23, 2016
@pwhitelaw , That is not the issue. If you apply as a bachelor they won't even look at your face . Try other countries .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by msoloye: 9:43am On Jun 23, 2016
Thanks LadyG and Omobendel for your quick response. I know my husband's presence there has reduced my ties to Naija and that's the only reason I haven't applied for a visa. My siblings have been birthing in the US without issues but my case is different because my husband resides there. I'm working on gathering all my medical reports but what's the assurance that the VO will even look at them. My mum who's a doctor will be applying with me because she intends travelling with me to render some assistance. Maybe my husband should have waited for me to have the baby there and return to Naija before he relocated but he could have forfeited his green card. I taya abeg
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:05am On Jun 23, 2016
Divyne1:
The sarcastic judgements given on this thread anytime people post their "sinful" acts to get an American visa is quite harsh. Yes, what they do is wrong by lying and they might think they are being 'smart' when conjuring the lies. However, the essence of this thread i believe is to help people know and get their visa the right way with the right intention/purpose. Therefore, it is unnecessary to talk down, insult anybody no matter how outrageously annoying their 'lies' and stories are, emphasis should be on the event/situation not the person. Their posts/experiences are valuable (just like the success posts) so people can learn from their errors.
I will join issues with you here.
To the credit of this thread, folks have given tons of useful and genuine and helpful advice. Despite the intention of this thread, applicants knowingly misrepresent.
Even if you are not told not to misrepresent, do u need to be told that creating a fictitious wife and children for visa purposes is bad? And spoils chances for other genuine applicants?
What would u prefer? Political correctness each time a person that has tarnished the image of my country comes here and we say ' the deed is done, go and sin no more?'
Since the clear message devoid of sarcasm was ignored, maybe sarcasm will pass on the message. Personally I wish every misrepresenter will get a life Ban.
I am african. It is our culture to point out wrong doing . By shaming sef if need be.
Let's look at this poster sef. His own is, 'the deed is done, what's my way forward' No shame. Just how do I get a visa at any cost.
If the poster was strong enough to lie blatantly on his form, to the vo and here sef (yes, his story dosent add up) then he should be strong enough to take critiscm and correction in whichever form it comes.
Pray tell, how do you separate a person from his action? I truly need to know. A person is convicted/punished for his actions. How do you criticise an action without touching on the maker of those actions? The young man has been advised and criticised. He can take the one he wants
#myopinion as always

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 10:14am On Jun 23, 2016
msoloye.. ..a solution to your problem 'might' be applying for a Canadian visa. There you have the healthcare you need and your husband can be with you too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 10:21am On Jun 23, 2016
Pwhitelaw:

So why exactly were you angry when nagodwin suggested you ask your agent to provide the wife and twin boys? Ok maybe you can provide twin girls or boy and girl if that's easier. And you come and heap the blame on the agent meanwhile you went ahead with the deceit... why did you not refuse to join the deceit?
You don't seem to want solutions to the problem sha cos you have questioned the 2 possible solutions to your dilemma... someone has suggested a third one, wsit till you are genuinely married and apply again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keni: 10:25am On Jun 23, 2016
Pwhitelaw:
I was at the embassy at abuja on Monday for the interview. I applied through an agent but don't know I can actually apply myself untill I saw this thread.According to the agent he said am married with kids. The transcript goes thus

Me:Goodmorning
V.o:morning, your passport plz
Me:I gave him
Vshocked:why are you going to the us?
Me:for vacation and sight seeing
V.o:where are you going in the US?
Me:Newark, New Jersey
V.o:where will you stay in the US?
Me:with my uncle
V.o:where is he working
Me:he is a social worker with the state of New Jersey
V.o:Are you married
V.o:with kids?
V.o:why are you not travelling with your wife?
Me:she will take care of my 10month old twins and she also works... Vo keeps typing for 45min and gave me the yellow paper
The deed has been done and I need advice because I will like to travel to disvirgin my passport and reapply using my true status of being single. Thanks

You can still salvage this situation in terms of the records in their system, you simply dont go back there until you are married, (not talking about arranged marriage o) Also search for the part 1 of this thread, this one you are viewing is part 2. That part 1 contains more transcript and less bashing than this one, read everything there it will help u prepare well when next you are going for interview.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hilda2016(f): 10:27am On Jun 23, 2016
Divyne1 post=46842446[color=#000099:
]The sarcastic judgements given on this thread anytime people post their "sinful" acts to get an American visa is quite harsh. Yes, what they do is wrong by lying and they might think they are being 'smart' when conjuring the lies. However, the essence of this thread i believe is to help people know and get their visa the right way with the right intention/purpose. Therefore, it is unnecessary to talk down, insult anybody no matter how outrageously annoying their 'lies' and stories are, emphasis should be on the event/situation not the person. Their posts/experiences are valuable (just like the success posts) so people can learn from their errors[/color].

@Divyne1,Thanks alot for the contribution/advice you said it all. There is absolutely no need for any sacastic response in the room and thats what I have been preaching.
Please,the moderator should ensure everyone is cautioned and rules are adhered to when giving advise/making comments to a post.

@Pwhitelaw, am glad you have realise the misstakes you made and that is the first point of restitution.
No need for you to be in a hurry to apply again. Give yourself enough time until you have a "very strong tiles"
When you are very much convinced your present status have drastically change, re-apply with ur family and fill the form yourself. input your correct details and that of your family and during your future interview answer trutfully.

At the moment,take your time and read the Nairaland US non-Immigrant thread both part1&2, pls read from 1....to the end make it a daily excercise.
At the end you will be glad you did.

Least I forget within this period try explore other countries for vacation/tourism/visit but,it MUST strictly be for the purpose (vacation/tourism/visit) and not to build unnecessary travel experience for the "hidden purpose" of US-Visa.

I wish you the very best in your future application.

Regards!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by AZUH: 10:30am On Jun 23, 2016
@pwhitelaw. Don't listen to people ' go and register a company . Build it for one year and apply make sure you pay taxes monthly ' that is the best strong ties ever . How can you go n get married when you don't have money all for the sake of getting a visa ? Some people don't think before they type .

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:33am On Jun 23, 2016
msoloye:
Thanks LadyG and Omobendel for your quick response. I know my husband's presence there has reduced my ties to Naija and that's the only reason I haven't applied for a visa. My siblings have been birthing in the US without issues but my case is different because my husband resides there. I'm working on gathering all my medical reports but what's the assurance that the VO will even look at them. My mum who's a doctor will be applying with me because she intends travelling with me to render some assistance. Maybe my husband should have waited for me to have the baby there and return to Naija before he relocated but he could have forfeited his green card. I taya abeg
Got a top banker relative that was boxed into being filed for even with all the good pay and wide travel experience. Had to sit it through and couldn't even do up to a week in the US after getting the immigrant visa that was filed for. Such is life, Dem no really wan know.

However, you seem a lot on track. For medical purpose, documents will be most times looked at, time will be given, questions will be asked, explanations will have more weight, etc. Much more thorough than that for just visit. Give it a try if your finances are right and your medical condition merits attention abroad, it MAY override some expectations as per your home ties, HARDLY though. If you and baby reach where oga dey, wetin remain for naija again? That's the big hurdle!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:45am On Jun 23, 2016
Hilda2016:

@Divyne1,Thanks alot for the contribution/advice you said it all. There is absolutely no need for any sacastic response in the room and thats what I have been preaching.
Please,the moderator should ensure everyone is cautioned and rules are adhered to when giving advise/making comments to a post.

@Pwhitelaw, am glad you have realise the misstakes you made and that is the first point of restitution.
No need for you to be in a hurry to apply again. Give yourself enough time until you have a "very strong tiles"
When you are very much convinced your present status have drastically change, re-apply with ur family and fill the form yourself. input your correct details and that of your family and during your future interview answer trutfully
At the moment,take your time and read the Nairaland US non-Immigrant thread both part1&2, pls read from 1....to the end make it a daily excercise.
At the end you will be glad you did.

Least I forget within this period try explore other countries for vacation/tourism/visit but,it MUST strictly be for the purpose (vacation/tourism/visit) and not to build unnecessary travel experience for the "hidden purpose" of US-Visa.

I wish you the very best in your future application.

Regards!!!
Which family?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by msoloye: 10:56am On Jun 23, 2016
Thanks oooo OmoBendel24. I'll just do my part and be ready to sharpen my mouth since I'll need to do enough explanations. The VO on the NIV thread has also responded and made emphasis on the need for me to explain well. I'm not desperate to join oga after all it took him 15 years to get his green card. I won't have to wait for too long to get mine. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:04am On Jun 23, 2016
Divyne1:

The learning process shouldn't involve bashing, right? Toned-down bashing oh? Okay. Well, if you can't do the time, then don't do the crime. PERIOD!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 11:10am On Jun 23, 2016
AZUH:
@pwhitelaw. Don't listen to people ' go and register a company . Build it for one year and apply make sure you pay taxes monthly ' that is the best strong ties ever . How can you go n get married when you don't have money all for the sake of getting a visa ? Some people don't think before they type .
So after he registers a company and reapplies, what happens to the family he filled in his last application? They died? Divorced? Never existed? Or you don't know the record is already in their database?
I agree with you, some people don't think before they type!

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:24am On Jun 23, 2016
The only solution to misrepresentation is total honesty.
When u try to ' salvage' a situation u keep on lying.
Please this idea of waiting till he marries eh...shebi its the same ds 160 I filled? Wherein I fillled my husband's name and date of birth abi another one?
Smh. Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:41am On Jun 23, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
The only solution to misrepresentation is total honesty.
When u try to ' salvage' a situation u keep on lying.
Please this idea of waiting till he marries eh...shebi its the same ds 160 I filled? Wherein I fillled my husband's name and date of birth abi another one?
Smh. Nigeria!
Leave them. In all their deep thinking, none has been able to come up with the best "criminal" solution for him, which is very obvious. Wetin dey guide this thread carry blanket take cover their eye, lolz! Not bad at all, hopefully it remains so. My leave is coming to an end, I need this addiction handled, I need out now like seriously!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2016
US visa fee is now N48,000.

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.