Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1535083 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:50am On Jun 21, 2016
mercylicious:

I was also denied this morning. I noticed all d ppl going for conferences and conventions were denied. A friend told me same thing happened on Friday. I will reapply sometime but purpose will change from convention to vacation. I will post my transcript later.
I was given a blue paper. What's d difference BTW d yellow paper and the blue paper.
The refusal paper simply states the reason you were refused.read it.
The colour makes no difference. Its just the colour their printer decided to print that paticular batch for the day
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by rockachic: 8:43am On Jun 21, 2016
My interview was yesterday, 20th of June.

Vo: morning madam, may I hav your passport?
Me: morning ma (hands her passports)
Vo: where are u going
Me: Orlando Florida
Vo; why are u going to Florida
Me: for summer vacation with my baby
Vo: Are u travelling with anyone else apart from ur baby?
Me: no
Vo: what of ur husband?
Me: he is in school
Vo: where?
Me: In Canada
All these while she was typing
Vo:What do u do?
Me: am a business woman. I deal in unisex clothings
Vo: am sorry I don't think there's any need for this vacation now. U may reapply at a later time (hands me the blue paper), this will explain better

The blue paper sates that I don't hav any strong tie back home

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:48am On Jun 21, 2016
rockachic:

Vo: am sorry I don't think there's any need for this vacation now. U may reapply at a later time (hands me the blue paper), this will explain better

VO looks at the idea that you will abandon your business to cross from USA to Canada to become illegal with your husband.
You must present very strong proof that you will return home.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Iwanawana: 9:37am On Jun 21, 2016
worry359:

VO looks at the idea that you will abandon your business to cross from USA to Canada to become illegal with your husband.
You must present very strong proof that you will return home.

If I may ask...How did u know that her husband is illegal in Canada? I have read her transcript over and over to see where she mentioned her husband being illegal and I can't find it. Unless she pmed u to divulge that but if not I don't think ur assumptions(bcuz that's what it was) are proper. Let's be guided in our words!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 9:50am On Jun 21, 2016
Iwanawana:

If I may ask...How did u know that her husband is illegal in Canada?

When I read the comment the first time, I came to your conclusion too. But I guess its just an English language problem.
To become illegal with.....
To become illegal like ......

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ekoboy: 9:55am On Jun 21, 2016
rockachic:

I guess the VO is not convinced of your reason for this travel. I believe she would have been happier to hear that your husband will join you from Canada. This people just want your travel reason to make sense. Seriously why would you want to go to Orlando with your baby( how old is baby by the way) alone. Who will help you hold the baby while you are on a roller coaster. If you really want to travel out of Nigeria on vacation why not to Canada where your husband is.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Iwanawana: 10:07am On Jun 21, 2016
sugah:

When I read the comment the first time, I came to your conclusion too. But I guess its just an English language problem.
To become illegal with.....
To become illegal like ......

Infact nne the thing tire me biko. I felt pity for the poor woman only for him to come and pull 'what I think the vo is thinking' on her when you are not a vo and can't possibly know what they are thinking. The vo probably had other reason I believe for the refusal. And by d way is it even possible for someone to be studying in a country like Canada illegally? Even in Nigeria, a foreigner can't study here illegally, you must show a proof that u re atleast not here illegally before any school would enrol u bar d corrupt ones.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ragolis13: 10:23am On Jun 21, 2016
Iwanawana:

Infact nne the thing tire me biko. I felt pity for the poor woman only for him to come and pull 'what I think the vo is thinking' on her when you are not a vo and can't possibly know what they are thinking. The vo probably had other reason I believe for the refusal. And by d way is it even possible for someone to be studying in a country like Canada illegally? Even in Nigeria, a foreigner can't study here illegally, you must show a proof that u re atleast not here illegally before any school would enrol u bar d corrupt ones.

@Iwanawana, You seem to be a trouble maker oh, lol.. I've been waiting to see if someone else could comment to clarify what Worry359 actually means when he said cross from USA to Canada to BECOME Illegal with your husband, I think the word BECOME is a future tense, he didn't say her husband is currently illegal in Canada, please try to read to understand before commenting.. thank you #PEACE

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 10:25am On Jun 21, 2016
Iwanawana:

Yea, the ties the VO is referring to might have just being cos of her biz, and I don't think the bolded is possible.
And its not even like she can cross over to canada just like that.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 10:35am On Jun 21, 2016
ekoboy:

I guess the VO is not convinced of your reason for this travel. I believe she would have been happier to hear that your husband will join you from Canada. This people just want your travel reason to make sense. Seriously why would you want to go to Orlando with your baby( how old is baby by the way) alone. Who will help you hold the baby while you are on a roller coaster.[b][/b] If you really want to travel out of Nigeria on vacation why not to Canada where your husband is.

@bolded, why are you playing judge jury and executioner? What is wrong in taking a child to orlando? Did someone tell you its only roller coasters they have in the whole of Orlando? You should have at least waited to hear how old the baby is before jumping to conclusions. The only reason I might not want to take a less than 1yr old child to the 'theme parks' is cos the child would not remember it later , but would the child have fun? Hell yes!!!
Who would help her hold the baby? That is on the assumption that the main purpose of her trip is to ride roller coaster or visit theme parks?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Iwanawana: 11:05am On Jun 21, 2016
ragolis13:

@Iwanawana, You seem to be a trouble maker oh, lol.. I've been waiting to see if someone else could comment to clarify what Worry359 actually means when he said cross from USA to Canada to BECOME Illegal with your husband, I think the word BECOME is a future tense, he didn't say her husband is currently illegal in Canada, please try to read to understand before commenting.. thank you #PEACE

Plz don't jump into my mention talking crap! It's not everyone who speaks and understands English can write as well. The initial poster made me and everyone who 'understands' English properly believe that the husband of the lady in question is ALREaDy ILLEGAL and the wife is planning to join him there in Canada as an illegal too. Stop confusing urself!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:31am On Jun 21, 2016
Really? You guys have a lot of energy.
Please folks need to learn to read statements and interpret it in context before firing shots.
I read worry's comment and what I simply understood was that the vo assumed theposter plannedto emigrate to CA via USA illegally. He did not refer to the husband or his status. So iwanawana I actually disagree with you on that point.
The fact that folks were not quick to disagree with u could be cos they are at work and not checking nl at that point. Again, you shouldn't take critiscm badly. Afterall you quoted somebody and criticised his opinion.
#glasshouses...

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:31am On Jun 21, 2016
Please oooo we don't want 2 - 3 fighting here ooo....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:35am On Jun 21, 2016
@LadyG do we have to comment on everything... We let some inconsequential things pass so as not to waste space and time.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Iwanawana: 11:43am On Jun 21, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Really? You guys have a lot of energy.
Please folks need to learn to read statements and interpret it in context before firing shots.
I read worry's comment and what I simply understood was that the vo assumed theposter plannedto emigrate to CA via USA illegally. He did not refer to the husband or his status. So iwanawana I actually disagree with you on that point.
The fact that folks were not quick to disagree with u could be cos they are at work and not checking nl at that point. Again, you shouldn't take critiscm badly. Afterall you quoted somebody and criticised his opinion.
#glasshouses...

Really? Our understanding differs and what I infered from the poster could be different from urs and every other persons. Why would someone I don't know from Adam come in here and calling me trouble maker bcuz I stated my opinion from a post I felt concerned about and I have every right to call him out. Thier is no throwing stones issues there. Again it's possible what I deduced from worry's post is different from what he mearnt to say...again as Sugah stated it's English language. That was why I directed my post to him asking whether the lady pmed him about that. Anyone had the right to agree or disagree and I am stated my opinion which I am entitled without calling names but stating your opinion while calling name is not constructive criticism... it's throwing stones like u said and that not my intention here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Iwanawana: 11:46am On Jun 21, 2016
Iwanawana:

Really? Our understanding differs and what I infered from the poster could be different from urs and every other persons. Why would someone I don't know from Adam come in here and calling me trouble maker bcuz I stated my opinion from a post I felt concerned about and I have every right to call him out. Thier is no throwing stones issues there. Again it's possible what I deduced from worry's post is different from what he mearnt to say...again as Sugah stated it's English language. That was why I directed my post to him asking whether the lady pmed him about that. Anyone had the right to agree or disagree and I am stated my opinion which I am entitled without calling names but stating your opinion while calling name is not constructive criticism... it's throwing stones like u said and that not my intention here.

*stating*
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:50am On Jun 21, 2016
Iwanawana:

Plz don't jump into my mention talking crap! It's not everyone who speaks and understands English can write as well. The initial poster made me and everyone who 'understands' English properly believe that the husband of the lady in question is ALREaDy ILLEGAL and the wife is planning to join him there in Canada as an illegal too. Stop confusing urself!
Who is "everyone" here please? You still don't get it! Even with Sugah's clarification ("with" and "like"wink? I was not for one minute in doubt as to the meaning and import of what Worry359 said at all. You are the one interpreting it out of context. You wan teach us "in-glitch"? How much do you know about movements of ILLEGALS between the US and Canada? Sorry to the applicant affected, really wish there were better ways to establish deeper ties to Naija sha, BUSINESS as in your case will hardly cut this type.

#YourWaysAreClear #BringItOn

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:53am On Jun 21, 2016
Iwanawana:

Okay, cool. Now you are talking! Thumbs up
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Phemorinho(m): 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2016
OmoBendel24:
Was just wondering why this case of DS160 barcode not tallying with applicant's appointment confirmation is becoming too rampant. Is it that we dont read instructions at all or we are just testing ourselves by underrating the US Embassy (I mean the US Embassy oh)? Okay, Na agents handwork, that is my explanation because if we do am ourself we go definitely dey meticulous pass all these "had I known" complains.
Also, @LadyGuinivere, I will suggest, please kindly go and add something to your first post on this thread, make it your opening and closing comment on the post, tell our people with all EMPHASIS that they will not be encouraged to, talk less of being guided on how to lie as regards their applications and handling of interviews. PLEASE! Let's have a place to refer them to henceforth.... Thanks, and good morning all!
@omobendel @LadyGuinivere
To the best of my knowledge,I think I know where the problem of this barcode lies. When I was scheduling my appointment, I almost clicked the last button,I now remembered the complaints of nairalanders about the barcode,when I checked,lo and behold,I had another code entirely. This different code was the code I used last year when i wanted to attend a friend's wedding who sent his IV late.
So I edited the barcode sha.
Lesson - pls always check every detail before clicking next or finish or send as the case may be.
Love you all.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:05pm On Jun 21, 2016
@Rockachic.pele. Na so life be.
My opinion: it is not difficult for your husband to move from CA to USA and could be you guys' way to illegally emigrate to the US. Until you can tilt the burden of ' clean mind' in your favour it will be difficult to establish ties.
Suggestion : why are you applying to visit the us when you can apply to visit CA? Visit CA , return and reapply or wait for your husband to return after his programme. Both in my opinion are material changes. Cos truly, you have no deep ties in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by overlord77: 12:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
Iwanawana:

*stating*

Calm down guys. This is nothing significant to fight over. I honestly did not think @worry meant your husband was living illegally in Canada, by his statement.

Do take it easy.
@LadyG, seyewest, you guys have been awesome here, maintaining sanity.

Does anyone know the cheapest n best airline to ORD or IAH, at the moment? This FX thing is screwing things up so badly.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Iwanawana: 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Who is "everyone" here please? You still don't get it! Even with Sugah's clarification ("with" and "like"wink? I was not for one minute in doubt as to the meaning and import of what Worry359 said at all. You are the one interpreting it out of context. You wan teach us "in-glitch"? How much do you know about movements of ILLEGALS between the US and Canada? Sorry to the applicant affected, really wish there were better ways to establish deeper ties to Naija sha, BUSINESS as in your case will hardly cut this type.

#YourWaysAreClear #BringItOn

#passed# #myopinionmypointtakeitorleaveit.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
Phemorinho:

To the best of my knowledge,I think I know where the problem of this barcode lies. When I was scheduling my appointment, I almost clicked the last button,I now remembered the complaints of nairalanders about the barcode,when I checked,lo and behold,I had another code entirely. This different code was the code I used last year when i wanted to attend a friend's wedding who sent his IV late.
Lesson - pls always check every detail before clicking next or finish or send as the case may be.
Love you all.
Yeah, another angle to it, that is why we always advise to ensure one's profile is updated before scheduling/rescheduling an appointment. If you are not conversant with a site, wisdom tells you to watch your every step therein. Do it yourself, follow instructions strictly!

N.B// Is this supposed to affect first timers too if they adhere to instructions? I don't think so.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:19pm On Jun 21, 2016
Iwanawana:

#passed# #myopinionmypointtakeitorleaveit.

Okay, bye!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 12:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
Phemorinho:

Love you all.

Very correct. seems the barcode of your last appointment if you have made one b4 will always first appear on the new appointment (happens to me) you will need to change it to the current one b4 submitting!

Always double check before ticking that submit button, I dashed them money without been able to appear for interview due to a small error.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ragolis13: 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2016
Iwanawana:

I'm sure it is now very clear to you between the two of us who's talking crap and confusing one's self, Since you claimed to understand English PROPERLY, and you don't know the meaning of "Seem" and you concluded I called you a trouble maker, let me not even waste my precious time on irrelevant and meaningless argument with you.. #PEACE

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Gbebukun: 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2016
Hello house, please i need your candid advise. I have a pregnant fiancee who resides permanently in US and she wants me to come around for the child birth later in the year. I live and work(gainfully employed) in one of the Middle East countries and still have strong ties in Nigeria. I have also lived and worked in some West African countries some years back. Kindly advise as to what my chances are of getting a visa!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:55pm On Jun 21, 2016
overlord77:

Calm down guys. This is nothing significant to fight over. I honestly did not think @worry meant your husband was living illegally in Canada, by his statement.

Do take it easy.

Does anyone know the cheapest n best airline to ORD or IAH, at the moment? This FX thing is screwing things up so badly.
Bro there's a little sanity in Fx market now and I believe it will even get better today.. CBN have cleared $4bn backlog of payment... I believe you will get $ for N280-N310 not anything above that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2016
Gbebukun:
Hello house, please i need your candid advise. I have a pregnant fiancee who resides permanently in US and she wants me to come around for the child birth later in the year. I live and work(gainfully employed) in one of the Middle East countries and still have strong ties in Nigeria. I have also lived and worked in some West African countries some years back. Kindly advise as to what my chances are of getting a visa!
Read page zero of the thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by AZUH: 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2016
@Rockachic don't listen to people some of them has never bin there before . I believe there is a reason why you where rejected and it's boldly stated on your rejection paper . Correct them . Give some space and apply again . No harm in trying .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbuddie: 6:22pm On Jun 21, 2016
overlord77:

Do take it easy.

Try God is good grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by babbs45: 7:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
armyofone:
Forumites,
Which is best to bring one's mom over, green card for her or a visiting visa?
How long does each process takes?

I think you should file for her ( IR5 ). Did same for my mom. The process took almost a year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.