Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534151 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Godiloveu(f): 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
Anthocracy:
Hi house, my interview is next week. Please I want us to criticize this my proposed transcript:
VO: your passport
Me: passed to him/her
VO: which state are you going?
Me: NY
VO: what are you going there for?
Me: vacation and sightseeing
VO: How long are you going stay?
Me: two weeks
VO: are you married?
Me: Yes
VO: Do you have kiddies?
Me: yes 1 child (boy)
VO: what do you do to earn a living?
Me: I work with coy X
VO: How much do u earn monthly?
Me: ***k
VO: Have you traveled within the past 5yrs
Me: No
VO: do you have any relative in US?
VO: Yes
Thanks

Gud but still read ur ds160 form n Nairaland for likely questions
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 12:45am On Dec 09, 2016
No! You will be directed to another VO

KaptainAfrika:
Quick question. Have you ever been interviewed by the same Visa Officer, more than once?
This is a general question. Thanks folks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mrmofasa(m): 5:06am On Dec 09, 2016
seyewest:
Odds of getting U.S visa is around 4.25 (if you're married,good travel history,good salary and kids) while odds for getting U.S visa is around 8.00(if you're not married,no travel history,low income,no kids and vague reason for traveling). try it on bet9ja grin

Correct answer!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tribeD: 10:20am On Dec 09, 2016
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:13pm On Dec 09, 2016
@tribeD
1. your wife is going for birthing purpose so its good shes using the hospital address/contact. if shes registered with them , her details can be verified. however , yours cannot. so use a home/hotel address.
2 and 3. Its a renewal . applying together or seperately changes nothing. its a matter of choice
4. you are unemployed and earning nothing. is there any other answer to that question?.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
Good day fellow nairalander, seyewest, ladyguinivere of and other gurus in the house, pls I need your advice, I have read from page 0 of this thread.

I will be attending a conference in US next year February, here is my condition, I am an accountant, have a good job, married with two kids and also have a registered farm business which my wife manages, a first time traveller. I had an Islamic marriage(Nikkah), though we where given a marriage certificate by the Islamic organization that did the solemnity, the certificate is not registered with Ikoyi Registry though and I understand the VO might not request for the certificate or wedding pics at the interview, my question is does the US embassy investigate when one fill married on the DS160 form, should I go ahead with the application or I should go register the certificate with Ikoyi marriage registry. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by femredhead: 5:47pm On Dec 09, 2016
I think you can go for the interview with the certificate issued at your Nikkai marriage ceremony or whatsoever so far you can present the pictures taken as an evidence.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aphixiano(m): 6:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
They don't care about all that, all they care about is you being able to convince them you will go and come back to Nigeria. You can read back previous post on this thread to understand better
ghany01:
Good day fellow nairalander, seyewest, ladyguinivere of and other gurus in the house, pls I need your advice, I have read from page 0 of this thread.

I will be attending a conference in US next year February, here is my condition, I am an accountant, have a good job, married with two kids and also have a registered farm business which my wife manages, a first time traveller. I had an Islamic marriage(Nikkah), though we where given a marriage certificate by the Islamic organization that did the solemnity, the certificate is not registered with Ikoyi Registry though and I understand the VO might not request for the certificate or wedding pics at the interview, my question is does the US embassy investigate when one fill married on the DS160 form, should I go ahead with the application or I should go register the certificate with Ikoyi marriage registry. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Janet101(f): 7:15pm On Dec 09, 2016
Good evening house,pls I need ur help.I want to apply for u.s visa with my husband and son n am praganant now but in my early stage.
I intend to give birth in us but since am still in my early stage.
My question is can I apply with my family now n write a letter of change of intention later.
Pls help me!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 09, 2016
ghany01:

I believe they don't investigate.

Go ahead and complete the DS160. Just be double sure you have no trick(s) up your sleeve, because they'll somehow smoke it out.

Best of luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 09, 2016
Janet101:
Good evening house,pls I need ur help.I want to apply for u.s visa with my husband and son n am praganant now but in my early stage.
My question is can I apply with my family now n write a letter of change of intention later.
Pls help me!

Apply with your family. Disclosing to the VO at the time of interview is just about the ideal thing to do. There's no need dragging your feet on something you already made up your mind about.

I really don't know if that answered your question.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
aphixiano:
They don't care about all that, all they care about is you being able to convince them you will go and come back to Nigeria. You can read back previous post on this thread to understand better

I have read from page 0 bro, i believe part of how to convince VO that i will come back is my ties hence me being married and applying alone. what i just want to know if anyone knows if they do background checks on Marriage prior to interview, if its just to convince the VO at the interview that i am actually married, i can go with the certificate we were issued and my Wedding album grin he/she ma go tire for pics. I need more suggestions pls, most especially from LadyG & Seyewest.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dadaojames(m): 7:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
check this link for anwer.
https://www.nairaland.com/abujaniv/posts

KaptainAfrika:
Quick question. Have you ever been interviewed by the same Visa Officer, more than once?
This is a general question. Thanks folks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:31pm On Dec 09, 2016
Janet101:
Pls help me!
What you plan to. Do is musrepresentation and can earn u a deportation. Fyi that letter is worth nothing now.
Go to the birthing thread. Read. Preparem do the needful. And don't join those giving nigeria a bad name.

@gbany the question is not whether an investigation will be conducted, rather 'is a marrige under islamic law recognized?'
The answer is yes.
You can go with a few pictures. However , remember these are rarely asked for. Your ds 160 and body language is the key here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
DMeanMan:

I believe they don't investigate.

Go ahead and complete the DS160. Just be double sure you have no trick(s) up your sleeve, because they'll somehow smoke it out.

Best of luck.

Trick(s) ke...mesef no go wan jeopardize my chance. I am just being cautious of wasting money, because those people at Ikoyi Registry wants to kill me with bills & requirements for registration of the Nikkah Certificate, you know accountants thinks before they spend. Anyways Thanks
for your input i appreciate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

@gbany the question is not whether an investigation will be conducted, rather 'is a marrige under islamic law recognized?'
The answer is yes.

Thanks, i am relieved.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Janet101(f): 8:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

What you plan to. Do is musrepresentation and can earn u a deportation. Fyi that letter is worth nothing now.
Go to the birthing thread. Read. Preparem do the needful. And don't join those giving nigeria a bad name.

The answer is yes.
You can go with a few pictures. However , remember

these are rarely asked for. Your ds 160 and body language is the key here.

Ok,thk u
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Janet101(f): 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2016
DMeanMan:

Apply with your family. Disclosing to the VO at the time of interview is just about the ideal thing to do. There's no need dragging your feet on something you already made up your mind about.

I really don't know if that answered your question.

Yes,u answered my question...I appreciate ur contribution.i promise to do d right thing
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aphixiano(m): 9:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
Oh okay well they don't do background checks at all, cos if they do how do all this agent frausters and all get visas for their clients
ghany01:

I have read from page 0 bro, i believe part of how to convince VO that i will come back is my ties hence me being married and applying alone. what i just want to know if anyone knows if they do background checks on Marriage prior to interview, if its just to convince the VO at the interview that i am actually married, i can go with the certificate we were issued and my Wedding album grin he/she ma go tire for pics. I need more suggestions pls, most especially from LadyG & Seyewest.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aphixiano(m): 10:00pm On Dec 09, 2016
Oh okay well they don't do background checks at all, cos if they do how do all this agent frausters and all get visas for their clients. Best of luck
ghany01:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Godiloveu(f): 10:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
hi once again,
pls I want to know,
when the VO says ur passport pls, will one give the VO both passport n documents or just the passport only?

tnx.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by manuel85(m): 4:24am On Dec 10, 2016
Good morning House. I have been a silent reader on this thread. I had my visa interview yesterday along with my wife and the transcript is as follows;

V.O: Good afternoon
Me: Good afternoon
Vo: why are you going to America?
Me: we are going for our honeymoon vacation
Vo: wow when did u get married?
Me; sept xx
Vo: where are you going to ?
Me: California, my uncle invited us.
V.o: you are spending with family and friends?
Me: yes
Vo: what do you do?
Me: I'm a lawyer with so an so.
Vo: are u a member of any association
Me : yes. Nba
Vo: how do u become a member?
Me : by being called to the bar, after completing lawschool.
Vo: no examinations?
Me: no, it's automatic.
Vo: congratulations, you may pick up your visas in three business days.

Its all God o! Not by my power. Thanks to everyone here. Your comments really helped.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:54am On Dec 10, 2016
manuel85:
Good morning House. I have been a silent reader on this thread. I had my visa interview yesterday along with my wife and the transcript is as follows;

Me; sept xx

Its all God o! Not by my power. Thanks to everyone here. Your comments really helped.
Congrats!
This is a classic example of The fact that purpose is immaterial. What counts is ties.
If he had been refused, folks would have said its Cos he wanted to spend his honeymoon with family

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 10, 2016
manuel85:

Me; sept xx

Congratulations the law...where did you have your interview, Lagos or Abuja?

Enjoy your trip to California.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iphyconsult: 9:30am On Dec 10, 2016
Hello house,

I planned to invite my aunt for a 2weeks visit by next year Easter. I am a PhD student here with F1 status.

My concern is that she had been to the embassy multiple times been rejected through agents who helped her in filling forms. Now that I'm in the picture, is it possible to start a fresh application because she didn't even have the previous details or email?

Second, can she request for an interpreter because she told me , the VO speaks too fast.

Third, her last interview was at Abuja, can she apply in Lagos?

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:28am On Dec 10, 2016
iphyconsult:
Hello house,

I planned to invite my aunt for a 2weeks visit by next year Easter. I am a PhD student here with F1 status.

My concern is that she had been to the embassy multiple times been rejected through agents who helped her in filling forms. Now that I'm in the picture, is it possible to start a fresh application because she didn't even have the previous details or email?

Second, can she request for an interpreter because she told me , the VO speaks too fast.

Third, her last interview was at Abuja, can she apply in Lagos?

Thanks.

1 #Fresh Application? No. Write to the embassy to help with the profile log in.
2. #Interpreter? Yes
3. Different Embassy? Yes. Its a matter of choice but will not make any difference
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2016
ghany01:

You're in a common marriage and the embassy does not frown at it... No need to register just because of the U.S interview.. you can do that anytime you want... You will be judge on ties you have.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2016
Godiloveu:
hi once again,
pls I want to know,
when the VO says ur passport pls, will one give the VO both passport n documents or just the passport only?

tnx.
if you have travel history on your previous passport then present it with your current passport unless the V.O stop you from presenting both passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:26pm On Dec 10, 2016
New unspoken rule in US Embassy, Abuja.

1. If your wife is pregnant and you guys applied for a tourist visa, you will be asked if you want to use this visa for any other purpose, please say yes, because as soon as you say no, your wife will be asked if she's pregnant (if she says yes, your visa will be denied; if she says no, say bye bye to applying for a visa for a year). The new logic is that all pregnant women (with or without husband) applying for a tourist visa, will send a change of intent letter and use the visa for childbirth; so according to the US Embassy, pregnant women can't go on vacation in the US. grin

2. If you want to give birth in the US, just go for the medical visa jeje (without your husband except he is the director in his company or in a position where his presence is needed, or earns a high salary) grin
MY OPINION FROM EXPERIENCE AND RESEARCH.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Janet101(f): 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2016
KaptainAfrika:
New unspoken rule in US Embassy, Abuja.

1. If your wife is pregnant and you guys applied for a tourist visa, you will be asked if you want to use this visa for any other purpose, please say yes, because as soon as you say no, your wife will be asked if she's pregnant (if she says yes, your visa will be denied; if she says no, say bye bye to applying for a visa for a year). The new logic is that all pregnant women (with or without husband) applying for a tourist visa, will send a change of intent letter and use the visa for childbirth; so according to the US Embassy, pregnant women can't
go on vacation in the US. grin

2. If you want to give birth in the US, just go for the medical visa jeje (without your husband except he is the director in his company or in a position where his presence is needed, or earns a high salary) grin
MY OPINION FROM EXPERIENCE AND RESEARCH.

Dis ur research got me more confused Dan ever,so praganant women can't go on vacation,because am planning to apply with my husband n son,am still in my early stage.I plan to go with a scan n doctors report, I can't apply for hospital in u.s now is too early....which way forward my people
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:51pm On Dec 10, 2016
I am even more confused. My advice, even if you don't plan on giving birth, say yes if asked if you will use this visa for something else apart from vacation as you will most likely asked if you're preggy. I hear change of intent is as useful as 50 kobo. It's sad to assume all pregnant women in interviews, wish to have their kids in the US...Its guilty until proven innocent for applicants.
MY OPINION

Janet101:

Dis ur research got me more confused Dan ever,so praganant women can't go on vacation,because am planning to apply with my husband n son,am still in my early stage.I plan to go with a scan n doctors report, I can't apply for hospital in u.s now is too early....which way forward my people
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Janet101(f): 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2016
KaptainAfrika:
I am even more confused. My advice, even if you don't plan on giving birth, say yes if asked if you will use this visa for something else apart from vacation as you will most likely asked if you're preggy. I hear change of intent is as useful as 50 kobo. It's sad to assume all pregnant women in interviews, wish to have their kids in the US...Its guilty until proven innocent for applicants.
MY OPINION

Hmmmm....May God help us I still need more opinions on dis issue am sure alot of ladies in d house might face d same issue too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.