Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,193 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1539228 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:14am On Jan 26, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Has the bolded happened or is about to happen?
A yam also asking that kweshun ooo!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by AyaSho(f): 11:34am On Jan 26, 2017
[quote author=worry357 post=53126152]
She is a frequent traveler and she has her visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mayay: 11:48am On Jan 26, 2017
Please what is the lowest I can get for Atlanta mid-March to return 31st March
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 26, 2017
worry357:

Two things here are red flag.
Working in church? what do you mean? R1 is not for working.

"Change over after a while"
So her intention is to try to stay over after using religious visa to gain entry?
That is not at all in the spirit of an R1 visa!
Using religion to try for a back door entry is immoral!

Actually, the R1 visa IS for working in a religious vocation.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keni: 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Please where is this contained?
The executive order affects misrepresenters here; folks that don't declare their crayfish; folks that work on a B visa or overstay...
Them boku o! Plus the guy tht just posted about wanting to relocate and reapplying...

Am eagerly waiting for the bros too to point us to where that is
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Xolz: 2:33pm On Jan 26, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Study please. You answers are on the thread....

1. Yes, provided it is devoid of unnecessary drama and twists

2. That is because you are female, the form is gender different.

3. Go back to the place you got the previous one from, it's correct.

4. Somehow.

5. Almost immediately, if you "know" and are confident something has changed in your advantage.

Regards

N.B/ Hope you understand the address on your bank statement and now on your IV too needs justification as your current address, compared to the address you filled in your last application?

Thanks for your reply.

On the form I filled my current address and now I have also gone ahead to change my address to my current one on my bank statement.

I appreciate!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 5:50pm On Jan 26, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

A yam also asking that kweshun ooo!

Actually came back now to get answers. Seems dude is unavailable for now....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sunflowerr: 6:38pm On Jan 26, 2017
@LadyGuinivere @omobendel24 @worry357 please your advice on my question will be appreciated Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by esseycoy(m): 7:53pm On Jan 26, 2017
good day gurus please I need peoples opinion I applied for b1/b2 last year March bt I was deny now I want to apply again wit my family d problem I have now is dt I applied using my formal gf name as my wife bt now divorce arnd late Feb my new wife hv a kid both hv her surname on dir passport while mine bear my surname. my question is
1. will i be question by d vo abt d sudden change in name of spouse
2. does d name she have on her passport which is different from mine hv any meaning
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2017
DMeanMan:
So I heard a new one Today (actually it was yesterday).

Cc LadyGuinivere, Seyewest

it's very possible especially with U.S based contractors with offices in Nigeria, Most consulate officers with Diplomatic passport and some Nigerian govt officials..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:17pm On Jan 26, 2017
LagosNIV:

wow
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:36pm On Jan 26, 2017
mayay:
Please what is the lowest I can get for Atlanta mid-March to return 31st March
567k but 435k if you break it down.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by leo997: 9:36pm On Jan 26, 2017
[quote author=OmoBendel24 post=53141769
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by leo997: 9:37pm On Jan 26, 2017
What's the minimum BTA
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:41pm On Jan 26, 2017
leo997:
What's the minimum BTA
hnmmmmm do we really have bta if you're staying for more than a week I think $1000 and above is okay.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by folarinstr: 10:30pm On Jan 26, 2017
pls lady G and the intellects in the house help out of this question,
1. What state in the US has the cheapest flight ticket from Nigeria
2. What are the amusement places/things in the state that I can claim I'm visiting
3. Which is advisable? My friend wife aged 25 is contemplating on applying taking her younger cousin aged 10 with her, thinking that might boost her hope of being granted a visa or applying alone
4. What state in the US is advisable to claim for tourism and sightseeing?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:03pm On Jan 26, 2017
folarinstr:
2. What are the amusement places/things in the state that I can claim I'm visiting
3. Which is advisable? My friend wife aged 25 is contemplating on applying taking her younger cousin aged 10 with her, thinking that might boost her hope of being granted a visa or applying alone

Sorry ooo Are you an agent?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:09pm On Jan 26, 2017
Sunflowerr:
Hello Everyone,

Please I need your advice.

My mom is going for her interview in a weeks's time. but we just noticed an error in her form. My Dad's "DAY" of birth was wrongly put for e.g instead of 5th of jan.. my sister filled 6th.

My question is-- can she mention it to the VO on the day of her interview to be corrected (or should she just not mention it)? does she need to fill another form or how can we go about correcting it before her interview?

Will this affect my Dad when he decides to apply later in the year? Please note it is just the 'DAY' of birth that is wrong, every other thing is correct.

your kind advice will be appreciated.

Seems explainable and correctable at the interview though, but I will rather advise (to be all clear) you fill another form, reach out to the US Embassy customer service/technical support team line and have the DS160 number swapped with the new one asap (three days before interview date). Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:10pm On Jan 26, 2017
folarinstr:

SMH

You seek so much "doctorables", why?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by folarinstr: 11:59pm On Jan 26, 2017
[quote author=seyewest post=53162417]

Sorooo Are you an agent?[/quo
te]
No I'm not an agent but just wish to know all I can know about travelling to the US and I will be glad if you will answer my questions, thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by folarinstr: 12:04am On Jan 27, 2017
OmoBendel24:

SMH

You seek so much "doctorables", why?
can you pls come down to my level and will appreciate if you will just answer what I wish to know, thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:07am On Jan 27, 2017
[quote author=folarinstr post=53163527][/quote] From Lagos is mostly New York....
New York is a tourist city...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by infoblaster: 12:41am On Jan 27, 2017
Hello guys,

I want to attend a conference in the US and need you guys candid advise.

I got the consent of my HR for a partial sponsorship of a conference, company would be responsible for plane ticket while I pay for the conference fees and hotel in the states since it is not part of HR training plan for this year but very relevant to my day-day work.

Paying for the conference and not attending attracts 50% reduction in refunds and since the money is much, I probably will like to wait till after getting visa before commiting myself to such expenses. So my question is.

1. Who can I say is sponsoring the trip when filling my DS- 160 form or if asked by any VO on who will finance the trip since it is to be co funded by me and the company. Remember I say, company will provide me with plane ticket.

2. Please how do I convince VO if asked for my letter of invitation/registration to the conference that I rather want to wait till after if granted visa before making it so as not to incur huge loses?

3. Going for a conference with the aim of making onsite payment for registration, won't one encounter a challenge with CBP at POE?

The gurus in the house, abeg una kind attention is needed here.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:50am On Jan 27, 2017
seyewest:
hnmmmmm do we really have bta if you're staying for more than a week I think $1000 and above is okay.

BTA comes from a business account,PTA from personal account, its supposed to be $5k max but this one wey dollar no even de sef. Na to hold anything he can lay his hands on

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:57am On Jan 27, 2017
infoblaster:
Hello guys,

I want to attend a conference in the US and need you guys candid advise.

I got the consent of my HR for a partial sponsorship of a conference, company would be responsible for plane ticket while I pay for the conference fees and hotel in the states since it is not part of HR training plan for this year but very relevant to my day-day work.

Paying for the conference and not attending attracts 50% reduction in refunds and since the money is much, I probably will like to wait till after getting visa before commiting myself to such expenses. So my question is.

1. Who can I say is sponsoring the trip when filling my DS- 160 form or if asked by any VO on who will finance the trip since it is to be co funded by me and the company. Remember I say, company will provide me with plane ticket.

2. Please how do I convince VO if asked for my letter of invitation/registration to the conference that I rather want to wait till after if granted visa before making it so as not to incur huge loses?

3. Going for a conference with the aim of making onsite payment for registration, won't one encounter a challenge with CBP at POE?

The gurus in the house, abeg una kind attention is needed here.

As you have explained to us here, explain to the visa officer.
It is not unusual to pay for a conference until after getting the visa. It ia like saying you want to pay Hosp bills before getting a visa. It can swing both ways and the visa officers know this.

Regarding CBP and POE and payment onsite, you can print out the conference conditions worst thing, they will call the conference organizers.

Another thing, make sure you distinctively state the purpose of your trip. A conference is different from a training.

As per ds160, your company is sponsoring the trip, you can explain the dynamics and level of sponsorship at the interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 27, 2017
folarinstr:
can you pls come down to my level and will appreciate if you will just answer what I wish to know, thanks
Lol na by forceoo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:47am On Jan 27, 2017
folarinstr:
1. Ask google.
2. Also ask google
I do not answer questions people can answer themselves. I am not an agent and I do not promote indolence.
3. Either way. But that's not the key to success. An applicant must have ties back home before visa can be granted. So self evaluate and be objective.
For definition of ties, again I say to you : Read. Research. This thread is a goldmine. Pick up as much gold as u need
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by AyaSho(f): 5:37am On Jan 27, 2017
LagosNIV:

Please will it be possible to change in later years if she doesn't want to work with the church again

Secondly, can she go to school with the type of Visa while working with the church.

What are the likely questions she might be asked at the point of entry not minding that She is a frequent traveller and that is her third visa (B1/B2 ).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 6:47am On Jan 27, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Has the bolded happened or is about to happen?

@LagosNIV sir; pretty sorry to call your attention here. Kindly help us validate or debunk please. Thanks

The order instructs the secretary of state to provide "safe areas" in Syria and surrounding areas where Syrian nationals who have been displaced can reside. It also instructs the secretary of homeland security to speed implementation of a biometric entry-exit tracking system. Finally, the order instructs the secretary of state to "immediately suspend the Visa Interview Waiver Program," and requires interviews of all non-immigrant visa seekers.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/25/14390106/leaked-drafts-trump-immigrants-executive-order
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 6:49am On Jan 27, 2017
AyaSho:

Please will it be possible to change in later years if she doesn't want to work with the church again

Secondly, can she go to school with the type of Visa while working with the church.

What are the likely questions she might be asked at the point of entry not minding that She is a frequent traveller and that is her third visa (B1/B2 ).

So she's basically seeking an R1 visa as a route to immigrate to the US? Tomorrow you'll be complaining that the US has unfairly blocked Nigerians from using that visa category.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:58am On Jan 27, 2017
Please can we be reminded that this thread for B visas?
Kindly create an R visa thread so issues don't get mixed up?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by leo997: 7:25am On Jan 27, 2017
Please, I need a favor. I initially requested my visa be collected by someone on my behalf as am presently in Benin. I gave the person my original white paper. Is it possible to still go myself and pick it up also can I call the issuing officer to disregard the proxy. Since my interview was Thursday, when exactly will it be ready

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51