Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536456 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by infoblaster: 9:55am On Jan 27, 2017
nefertitiram:

Thanks a lot my sister for your kind and swift advise.

Gracias

As you have explained to us here, explain to the visa officer.
It is not unusual to pay for a conference until after getting the visa. It ia like saying you want to pay Hosp bills before getting a visa. It can swing both ways and the visa officers know this.

Regarding CBP and POE and payment onsite, you can print out the conference conditions worst thing, they will call the conference organizers.

Another thing, make sure you distinctively state the purpose of your trip. A conference is different from a training.

As per ds160, your company is sponsoring the trip, you can explain the dynamics and level of sponsorship at the interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by esseycoy(m): 10:59am On Jan 27, 2017
esseycoy:
good day gurus please I need peoples opinion I applied for b1/b2 last year March bt I was deny now I want to apply again wit my family d problem I have now is dt I applied using my formal gf name as my wife bt now divorce arnd late Feb my new wife hv a kid both hv her surname on dir passport while mine bear my surname. my question is
1. will i be question by d vo abt d sudden change in name of spouse
2. does d name she have on her passport which is different from mine hv any meaning
does it mean dir is nobody to answer my question
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:30am On Jan 27, 2017
esseycoy:
does it mean dir is nobody to answer my question
It means, take a little time and read the thread. Your issue has been treated several times. Plus you still hve not presented your matter honestly. The lies you are still telling is why the vo will refuse you without answering.
You did not get divorced. You misrepresenred in your earlier application. If you got divorced , do you have an order of decree nissi from a high court? So yes, you have a giant issue.
For the second question, a wife can have a different surname from her husband on a passport

Fyi your tone is rude presently. Nobody owes you an answer. You aren't paying anybody. Na choice.
' Please can someone help out with my question' would sound better

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:43am On Jan 27, 2017
nefertitiram:

BTA comes from a business account,PTA from personal account, its supposed to be $5k max but this one wey dollar no even de sef. Na to hold anything he can lay his hands on
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jeter85(m): 4:30pm On Jan 27, 2017
This is quiet interesting, but my question is if it's only possible for tourist visa because mine is visiting visa. Can I apply with visiting visa?
optimusprime2:

Yes, I have explored that possibility once. But it would be best to do that if your clearance to stay in the US from the POE is longer than 3weeks.
Some Canadian embassies would typically take 14 days to issue a TRV, depends on how busy they are, while some may take hrs- a friend of mine was given his at Detroit the same day he applied.
So it's very possible.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by AyaSho(f): 6:57pm On Jan 27, 2017
[quote author=optimusprime2 post=53071431]
Her petition has been approved
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mayay: 7:15pm On Jan 27, 2017
seyewest:
567k but 435k if you break it down.

Please, what do you mean? Break it down?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 7:18pm On Jan 27, 2017
mayay:

Please, what do you mean? Break it down?
Not flying directly to your POE but landing at the cheapest Airport and taking a domestic flight to your destination.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mayay: 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2017
seyewest:
Not flying directly to your POE but landing at the cheapest Airport and taking a domestic flight to your destination.

Ok. Thanks.

Please which sites are reliable for booking?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 7:29pm On Jan 27, 2017
mayay:

Ok. Thanks.

Please which sites are reliable for booking?
Skyscanner,travelstart,expedia
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mayay: 7:45pm On Jan 27, 2017
seyewest:
Skyscanner,travelstart,expedia

cheapflight?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 7:50pm On Jan 27, 2017
mayay:

cheapflight?
Try it but I'm not sure how you will be able to pay with $
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by taiyesoul(f): 7:57pm On Jan 27, 2017
seyewest:

Pls is it advisable to buy a return ticket for the local flight or a one way ticket?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:11pm On Jan 27, 2017
taiyesoul:

Pls is it advisable to buy a return ticket for the local flight or a one way ticket?
if your travel plan is cast in stone... You can do that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 3:29am On Jan 28, 2017
Sec. 8. Visa Interview Security. (a) The Secretary of State shall immediately suspend the Visa Interview Waiver Program and ensure compliance with section 222 of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1222, which requires that all individuals seeking a nonimmigrant visa undergo an in-person interview, subject to specific statutory exceptions.

No more dropbox.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:59am On Jan 28, 2017
TWoods:
Sec. 8. Visa Interview Security. (a) The Secretary of State shall immediately suspend the Visa Interview Waiver Program and ensure compliance with section 222 of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1222, which requires that all individuals seeking a nonimmigrant visa undergo an in-person interview, subject to specific statutory exceptions.

No more dropbox.
Hmm nawaoo

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:07am On Jan 28, 2017
TWoods:

No more dropbox.
Has the draft been signed into law or this is still the leaked version?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:18am On Jan 28, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Clearly, this is a question coming from a studious person (you did follow and read the contents - till that Section 8 - of the available links and extras). In my understanding, this is yet but a draft though likely headed towards happening, but it is yet a draft. Twood's re-echoing may just be out of conviction. Greetings Sis....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:21am On Jan 28, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Clearly, this is a question coming from a studious person (you did follow and read the contents - till that Section 8 - of the available links and extras). In my understanding, this is yet but a draft though likely headed towards happening, but it is yet a draft. Twood's re-echoing may just be out of conviction. Greetings Sis....
Lol . Thnks. But I already knew about the leaks earlier. And yes. I study. Hence my impatience at certain ppl. Daalu o! Appy saturday

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:22am On Jan 28, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Lol . Thnks. But I already knew about the leaks earlier. And yes. I study. Hence my impatience at certain ppl. Daalu o! Appy saturday

Same to you, a very gbaski somebori cheesy smiley

You are most welcome.... Yes na, saw that! IMPATIENCE must dey if common small study dem refuse to do for just only this thread and google (expo) oh! Na to dey abuse and write "potopoto" English those particular set of people sabi.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:32pm On Jan 28, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Same to you, a very gbaski somebori cheesy smiley

You are most welcome.... Yes na, saw that! IMPATIENCE must dey if common small study dem refuse to do for just only this thread and google (expo) oh! Na to dey abuse and write "potopoto" English those particular set of people sabi.

They will soon beat us for not answering on time... or telling them to be conscious of space wasting.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 1:57pm On Jan 28, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

This was signed as an executive order last night. It is as good as law (until rescinded by the next president).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 1:59pm On Jan 28, 2017
OmoBendel24:

It was signed last night by the president as an EO... pay attention next time.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by proddey(m): 3:29pm On Jan 28, 2017
I just have to share my transcript as this forum really helped me in preparing for my US Visa interview. Had my interview on Wednesday, 25th January 2017 in Lagos. Before the interview, I had prepared a list of 19 potential questions that they could possibly ask based on the information that I gathered on this site. I had adequate responses for all of them and rehearsed them several times thoroughly before the interview date. Documents I took with me are:
- int. passport,
- one passport-size photograph,
- DS-160 confirmation page,
- interview appointment confirmation page,
- and GTBank visa payment receipt.

All other documents such as bank statements, pay slips, letter of employment, whatever whatever are absolutely not required. There's no point taking them to the embassy because they're not even going to look at them. You can take previous passports with you if you've traveled out of the country before and have visas on them but that's all. I left my phone at home also since they wouldn't permit you to take it inside. Don't patronize the touts, you don't need their services if you have the above documents in order. Just ignore the touts.

VO: Good morning
Me: Morning, Hi, how's work going?
VO: Pass me your passport
Me: I passed it, fidgeting a little bit.
VO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: I just finished a very hectic project so I just decided to take a vacation and visit my brother. VO nods affirmatively
VO: Where are you going to in the US?
Me: Miami, Florida
VO: What do you do for a living?
Me: I'm a Civil Engineer by profession
VO: Are you married?
Me: No I'm not, but I have parents with health issues that I take care of. VO nods affirmatively
VO: Do you have a child?
Me: No I don't
VO: I can see that you've been to the US before
ME: Yeah
VO: When was that?
Me: blah blah blah… I told her the year.
VO: Oh, you were a child?
Me: Yeah I was a minor then
VO: Tell me about your work?
Me: blah, blah, blah.... I gave her a very detailed and lengthy description of my work exactly how I filled it in the DS-160 form while she's reading from her screen and constantly nodding affirmatively. Before I could finish telling her about my job, she's flings the white paper at me and tells me to pick up my visa in 3 days’ time

The interview didn't last up to 45 seconds.

Lessons learned: I had told myself that the visa interview is not a do or die affair. It's not a matter of life and death. I believed my chances of getting the visa was 50/50. I prepared well enough and planned that if I didn't get the visa I'd reapply in 3 months’ time. It’s when you take this visa thing like a do or die affair that you’ll start fidgeting during the interview and you wouldn’t answer the questions with confidence.
Once I left the embassy, I got to the bus stop outside the embassy about to take a bus to Obalende. While waiting for Obalende Bus, a danfo bus, with about four police men in it, parked in front of me and one of the police officers got down to search what was in my bag. After searching and found nothing incriminating, they let me go. I didn’t really know why they stopped to search me. Were they just doing a random stop and search or had they been trailing me from the embassy? Then one guy at the bus stop started talking to me about why these police men do stop and search and said sometimes they could be fake police men who could drop something incriminating in your bag and later arrest you for nothing.
As for me, I'm always very cautious of strangers who start talking to me at the bus stops in Lagos because I've fallen victim of them twice so I was on high alert throughout his conversation. This guy acted like he wasn't going anywhere but when the Obalende bus came, I waited to see if he would enter but he didn’t. As the bus was about to take off I quickly got inside. Immediately he saw that I had entered the bus, he also quickly jumped inside the bus. That was when I suspected that this guy must be up to something. It's possible that he had been trailing me from the embassy. I immediately got off the bus and waited for the bus to go far before I joined another bus. I beat him to his game!. I suspect that he was either trying to follow me to my destination to know where I was staying or he was probably working for the police who had stopped to search me earlier. Outside the embassy earlier, I had seen a friend of mine who asked me if my visa application was successful and I said yes. It's probable that this tout heard our conversation and started following me.

Anyway the lesson is that once you get your visa, always keep a straight face and don't talk to anyone. you never can tell who might be following you. Always be on high alert.

18 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by proddey(m): 5:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
Sunflowerr:
Hello Everyone,

Please I need your advice.

My mom is going for her interview in a weeks's time. but we just noticed an error in her form. My Dad's "DAY" of birth was wrongly put for e.g instead of 5th of jan.. my sister filled 6th.

My question is-- can she mention it to the VO on the day of her interview to be corrected (or should she just not mention it)? does she need to fill another form or how can we go about correcting it before her interview?

Will this affect my Dad when he decides to apply later in the year? Please note it is just the 'DAY' of birth that is wrong, every other thing is correct.

your kind advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

I don't think it is a problem. They aren't likely to ask you for your father's date of birth. They probably won't even notice. Just tell your mom to attend the interview like that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 2:38am On Jan 29, 2017
proddey:

.... I beat him to his game!. I suspect that he was either trying to follow me to my destination to know where I was staying or he was probably working for the police who had stopped to search me earlier. Outside the embassy, I saw a friend of mine who asked me if my visa application was successful and I said yes. It's probable that this tout heard and started following me.

Oga Proddey, you were just paranoid cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 8:50am On Jan 29, 2017
Burger01:
Oga Proddey, you were just paranoid cheesy

This is nigeria, better to be paranoid and alive than naive and dead.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 29, 2017
Good morning gurus in the house.Ive been a silent listener of this thread for long.Im married with 2 kids aged 3years and 5 months.Last year August,I applied alone for a B1/B2 visa tii visit Us.I was refused.I guess i was refused cos my when he asked me of my purpose of travelling to south africa which is my only travelling experience,I didnt apply with my wife then because she was 8 months pregnant..Now i want to apply with my wife and my kids.Dio i stand a good chance?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by rooladojar: 9:24am On Jan 29, 2017
Hello House please I will like you to advise me on this, I got a family US visa and d ticket is so cost, on DS 160 form we said we are going to HOUSTON Texas but getting a ticket to New York is cheapest for now. My question is can I book a train ticket to show at the POE as our domestic ticket to HOUSTON. Or what can I do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry357: 9:40am On Jan 29, 2017
rooladojar:
Hello House please I will like you to advise me on this, I got a family US visa and d ticket is so cost, on DS 160 form we said we are going to HOUSTON Texas but getting a ticket to New York is cheapest for now. My question is can I book a train ticket to show at the POE as our domestic ticket to HOUSTON. Or what can I do.

No problem
as long as you have something to show CBP officers.
Just tell them the truth, it is cheaper travel.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by AllTheWayUp: 11:47am On Jan 29, 2017
Guys kindly read the vital information below

US to reduce the validity of visa issuance to Nigerian citizens from 2years to 1 years, if the Government of Nigeria doesn't increase the validity of NIgeria Visa issuance to Americans from 1 year to Two years.

US Visa feee to be increased from $160 to $180 and an additional $35 which makes it a total of $215 visa fee that Nigerians will start paying, if the Federal Government of Nigeria doesn't reduce the Nigeria Visa fee issued to American citizens from $180 to $160 to be at par with American Visa Fee, and also the Federal Government of Nigeria must stop charging the useless additional $35 processing fee.

The above order takes effect immediately.

Except the federal government takes a proactive visa policy review, Nigerians will no longer be issued with American entry visas which have two-year validity following the Executive Order signed on Friday by President Donald Trump, TheCable can report.

Also, Nigerians who hold dual nationality will be affected if their other passport is from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen — the seven Muslim-majority countries “of concern”.

A lot of attention has been on the temporary visa ban on citizens of the seven Muslim-majority countries, but the impact on Nigerians is far more than previously thought.

An analysis of the Executive Order by TheCable editors shows that at least two sections will affect Nigerians directly.

Nigeria currently only issues one-year multiple-entry visa to Americans, which is a non-reciprocation of the two-year visa the country issues to Nigerians.

Section 9 of the Executive Order states: “The Secretary of State shall review all nonimmigrant visa reciprocity agreements to ensure that they are, with respect to each visa classification, truly reciprocal insofar as practicable with respect to validity period and fees, as required by sections 221(c) and 281 of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1201(c) and 1351, and other treatment. If a country does not treat United States nationals seeking nonimmigrant visas in a reciprocal manner, the Secretary of State shall adjust the visa validity period, fee schedule, or other treatment to match the treatment of United States nationals by the foreign country, to the extent practicable…”

By this provision, except the federal government quickly moves to extend the validity of Nigerian visa to Americans, Nigerians too will be issued with one-year visas.

Given that the Trump order takes immediate effect, Nigerians holding valid two-year US visa are most likely going to be affected.

Nigeria is also not reciprocating the fees charged by the American government — despite shorter visa validity.

While the US charges Nigerians $160 for a typical visit visa, Nigeria charges $180, in addition to a $35 “processing fee”.

The section on dual nationality involving seven Muslim-majority countries is not expected to affect a significant number of Nigerians because a second citizenship of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen is not common.

Many Nigerians, including government officials, hold dual nationality with either the US or Europe.

However, Nigerians who have been to Syria, Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen in recent times may be subjected to extra immigration control with possible deportation.

Continued:

https://www.thecable.ng/shocker-trump-ban-2-year-visa-nigerians

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.