Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,099 members, 7,842,160 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1542420 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MrEgbegbe(m): 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2017
cumz:

just like a father can also file for his children to come over?

Yea

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by johnpoko: 9:19pm On Feb 12, 2017
Good day house, please I wanna make inquiries and I need answers please. I have a white friend in New York who wants to invite me over for 2 weeks, he wants to take care of all the expenses including flight, accommodation and feeding. I'm a student and I intend to travel during our 1st semester holiday. This will be my first time of traveling out of Nigeria. please what documents do I need and can you all advise me please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry357: 9:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
johnpoko:
Good day house, please I wanna make inquiries and I need answers please. I have a white friend in New York who wants to invite me over for 2 weeks, he wants to take care of all the expenses including flight, accommodation and feeding. I'm a student and I intend to travel during our 1st semester holiday. This will be my first time of traveling out of Nigeria. please what documents do I need and can you all advise me please?

Please read back in this section and you will learn much.
Your application will be judged on your strong ties to PROVE that you will return home.
Then your finances.
The fact that your friend will pay everything from America does not help with your ties to home.

Anyway good luck.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 10:24pm On Feb 12, 2017
Please where are you people meeting all these friends that are offering all expenses paid trips Lemme goan look for my own grin

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Salami71: 10:35pm On Feb 12, 2017
Salami71:
But should she just come as a tourist or do i need to send her invitation letter??

Please i need advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abujaniv: 10:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
Yes, we do read these threads. No, you don't have to apply from the country of your birth. Yes, tell the truth.

mamateniola1:
Okay then. You should apply from your country of birth....Nigeria and you let the VO know you work in Qatar when asked but read back the pages of this thread, you will get lot of info to help you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 11:20pm On Feb 12, 2017
sugah:
Please look where are you people meeting all these friends that are offering all expenses paid trips Lemme goan look for my own grin
In this America where a mother can take her child to court over $250 unpaid loan, lol. They are lucky to find such friends/family willing to sponsor their trip.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
constance234:

In this America where a mother can take her child to court over $250 unpaid loan, lol. They are lucky to find such friends/family willing to sponsor their trip.

Really, I need such friends in my life right now.over 10years ago I met a penpal online, maybe I should reconnect with her sef grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 12:31am On Feb 13, 2017
constance234:

that one Na family blood... this ones Na maga still dey pay, honestly them many online with different intention, the one way wan blow your ass 9 many pass

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by meine: 1:22am On Feb 13, 2017
@Ladyguinivere, nefertitiram, seyewest and anybody with similar experience kindly advice.

I am applying for Dropbox for myself and wife. We want to apply as a family. We have filled and submitted the DS 160 For both of us. However we have problem at the appointment schedule page. whenever we try to fill the '"ADD BY NAME"" segment for my wife under my profile the system keeps popping up with Inactive Operative user. My question goes like this?

1. Must my wife open a separate account to schedule appointment or can i add her application to my own for submission so that both are treated together? Is it that family appointment has been cancelled?

2. She has tried registering as a new user to also schedule an appointment but the system keeps saying "'the administrator has been alerted,ensure first and last name tallies with your passport""

3. If online appointment proves difficult can we take our passport and DS 160 confirmation page direct to DHL for submission?

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cumz(m): 6:13am On Feb 13, 2017
SeunEgbegbe:

Yea
thanks for your response but I still have more questions if my dad were to file for me do I need to have any strong ties with Nigeria? Amd what type of visa should I get
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:48am On Feb 13, 2017
meine:
@Ladyguinivere, nefertitiram, seyewest and anybody with similar experience kindly advice.

I am applying for Dropbox for myself and wife. We want to apply as a family. We have filled and submitted the DS 160 For both of us. However we have problem at the appointment schedule page. whenever we try to fill the '"ADD BY NAME"" segment for my wife under my profile the system keeps popping up with Inactive Operative user. My question goes like this?

Thanks

Issues for the Technical Team these are, reach out to them on phone and fix this.... A carryover from your previous application though
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pjnaira: 9:29am On Feb 13, 2017
is there any IT conference @$250.. Anybody in the house should pls send me a link
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 13, 2017
Morning pple,
I have a B1/B2 valid visa til April 2017 but was issued on a passport which bears my maiden name but now expired.
Please,would like to know if am stil gonna be eligible for Dropbox using my renewed passport issued in my hubby's name.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:54am On Feb 13, 2017
pjnaira:
is there any IT conference @$250.. Anybody in the house should pls send me a link
This is a free thread.. you can look for such conference online.. try google
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:06am On Feb 13, 2017
Tumiliciou918:
Morning pple,
I have a B1/B2 valid visa til April 2017 but was issued on a passport which bears my maiden name but now expired.
Please,would like to know if am stil gonna be eligible for Dropbox using my renewed passport issued in my hubby's name.
Thanks
Yes submit both passport
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by buchhogonzalez(m): 11:07am On Feb 13, 2017
osemwengie1:
Error message

Same here, whatvare we to do now?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by meine: 11:25am On Feb 13, 2017
buchhogonzalez:

Same here, whatvare we to do now?

i am having similar problem. i tried adding my wife for dropbox application
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:40am On Feb 13, 2017
meine:

i am having similar problem. i tried adding my wife for dropbox application
Get in touch with the technical dept of the embassy through the feedback option.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by koonleh: 11:42am On Feb 13, 2017
Hello, pls i need an advice, my wife and teo daughters went for interview last december, and were denied, me i havin gotten the visa earlier, decieded to travel for my sis weding which she invited us for. I just got to US now, am thinking if they can reapply, to join me since its a family invitation. This is my own 2nd time to US. What do the house think. Thank u you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2017
koonleh:
Hello, pls i need an advice, my wife and teo daughters went for interview last december, and were denied, me i havin gotten the visa earlier, decieded to travel for my sis weding which she invited us for. I just got to US now, am thinking if they can reapply, to join me since its a family invitation. This is my own 2nd time to US. What do the house think. Thank u you.
Did they denied them before you travel to U.S or after you travel and return? if so did you give her your passport with the visa when she was going for the interview? did you provide her with letter of consent for the two girls?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 13, 2017
seyewest:
Yes submit both passport
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by koonleh: 12:52pm On Feb 13, 2017
seyewest:

Did they denied them before you travel to U.S or after you travel and return? if so did you give her your passport with the visa when she was going for the interview? did you provide her with letter of consent for the two girls?
they were denied after i came back, and yes i gave all mentioned above.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:13pm On Feb 13, 2017
koonleh:
they were denied after i came back, and yes i gave all mentioned above.

What will change and work in their advantage now that you are even there in the US? What are the compelling reason to be put forth to convince a VO now, I mean the STRENGTHS? Well, I hope and somehow believe you understand by now that we have to qualify individually for a US visa and not entirely think we can get one back of someone else. What are the strong ties of your wife and children to Nigeria? Can we see an interview transcript of theirs for the the December refused application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by layiwola0001: 1:21pm On Feb 13, 2017
Good day nairaland, i want to share my interview experience. i and my family did the interview this morning in Abuja. Below is the transcript
V.O Good morning
Me and wife Good morning
V.O Why New York
Me the tourist attractions we are interested are dere.
V.O What do u do
Me am An accountant with xoxo and xoxo
V.O How many years have u been working with them
Me Four Years
V.O You travels to south africa of recent(I travel in december 2016 and came back january 3rd 2017)
Me its official trip on Iata and sponsor by Office
V.O what do u do
Wife Am a petty Trader
V.O How much do you budget for this Trip
Me $3500
V.O Ask again how much do you budget for this trip
Me $3500
V.O type for like twenty seconds and pass me a yellow copy.
Seyewest, Lady G, Kaptain Afrika,OmoBendel and co pls where do i go wrong in this interview. Have been following this thread since six months ago. Kindly note that i dont have any USA contacts, we booked hotel reservation and plan to spend 10days. Thanks waiting for ur feedback.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:31pm On Feb 13, 2017
layiwola0001:
Good day nairaland, i want to share my interview experience. i and my family did the interview this morning in Abuja. Below is the transcript
V.O Good morning
Me and wife Good morning
V.O Why New York
V.O What do u do
Me Four Years
V.O You travels to south africa of recent(I travel in december 2016 and came back january 3rd 2017)
V.O what do u do
Wife Am a petty Trader
Me $3500
Me $3500
Seyewest, Lady G, Kaptain Afrika,OmoBendel and co pls where do i go wrong in this interview. Have been following this thread since six months ago. Kindly note that i dont have any USA contacts, we booked hotel reservation and plan to spend 10days. Thanks waiting for ur feedback.

The cheapest flight is N350K average... That's N700K for both of you.
Hotel should be around N250K for 10days
Living expenses and shopping should take N150K
Everything is N1.1M and how much is Naira to dollar officially
N305 X $3500 = N1,067,500.00
As you can see this is not enough for both of you and I'm sure you forgot to include the salary part.. I think the fund you have available for the trip is not enough for both of you to travel.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by layiwola0001: 1:34pm On Feb 13, 2017
[quote author=seyewest post=53674035]

The cheapest flight is N350K average... That's N700K for both of you.
Hotel should be around N250K for 10days
Living expenses and shopping should take N150K
Everything is N1.1M and how much is Naira to dollar officially
N305 X $3500 = N1,067,500.00
I know this is not enough for both of you and I'm sure you forgot to include the salary part.. I think the fund you have available for the trip is not enough for both of you to travel.

Sorry he ask me how much do i earn and i told him 250k and that is what i fill in the ds 160 form, seyewest like when can we apply again and what amendment do i need. Thanks bro, Also i use black market rate that is why i mention $3500
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cumz(m): 2:09pm On Feb 13, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cumz(m): 2:09pm On Feb 13, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

Yea
am still waiting for your response sire
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:24pm On Feb 13, 2017
[quote author=layiwola0001 post=53674133][/quote]
My suggestion is that you apply alone or increase the amount if you wanna apply with madam for the trip and since it's for vacation you can apply as early as mid april and explain what has changed in your circumstance since the last time you applied which is the changed in the amount of money you have in place and also the 10 days is a lot given the amount you have for the trip maybe reduce it to 5 days.. this is my opinion
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:00pm On Feb 13, 2017
No. There are no IT conferences at that amount.

pjnaira:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:08pm On Feb 13, 2017
1. Sorry to say this, your answer to "Why New York?" is utterly wrong. Instead you should have said "We wish to visit (list the tourist sites you wish to visit) then conclude with we have read so much about these places, and I promised my family that we will go visit them one day.
What is "the tourist attractions we are interested are there" ? sorry that was so bad, the VO knows these already, he wants to know if you have done your research.

2. $3,500 is a very low budget for a family vacation. I don't know how many kids you have, but I know that there are two adults already. Go online, check the prices for the airlines, for two adults and the number of kids you have, then add money for accomodation and pocket money. I would dare say $6,000 is the minimum for a family vacation.

3. Please do your research on 1 and 2. Reapply in 2-3 months and you will surely get your visa, I guess the VO was hoping that you guys would say a value higher than $3,500, that's why he asked twice.

layiwola0001:
V.O Good morning
Me and wife Good morning
V.O Why New York
V.O What do u do
Me Four Years
V.O what do u do
Wife Am a petty Trader
Me $3500
Me $3500

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.