Stats: 3,159,976 members, 7,841,735 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1542363 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2017
1. Come back home, then;

2. Let them apply 2-3 months later.

3. Tell us how it worked out, am guessing they thing you wanna abscond w/ family.

koonleh:
Hello, pls i need an advice, my wife and teo daughters went for interview last december, and were denied, me i havin gotten the visa earlier, decieded to travel for my sis weding which she invited us for. I just got to US now, am thinking if they can reapply, to join me since its a family invitation. This is my own 2nd time to US. What do the house think. Thank u you.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:37pm On Feb 13, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1. Come back home, then;

2. Let them apply 2-3 months later.

3. Tell us how it worked out, am guessing they thing you wanna abscond w/ family.

Word
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by layiwola0001: 4:13pm On Feb 13, 2017
[quote author=KaptainAfrika post=53676596]1. Sorry to say this, your answer to "Why New York?" is utterly wrong. Instead you should have said "We wish to visit (list the tourist sites you wish to visit) then conclude with we have read so much about these places, and I promised my family that we will go visit them one day.
What is "the tourist attractions we are interested are there" ? sorry that was so bad, the VO knows these already, he wants to know if you have done your research.

2. $3,500 is a very low budget for a family vacation. I don't know how many kids you have, but I know that there are two adults already. Go online, check the prices for the airlines, for two adults and the number of kids you have, then add money for accomodation and pocket money. I would dare say $6,000 is the minimum for a family vacation.

3. Please do your research on 1 and 2. Reapply in 2-3 months and you will surely get your visa, I guess the VO was hoping that you guys would say a value higher than $3,500, that's why he asked twice.

Thanks,i apply with my wife and a 7 Months old baby.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Wiseoldman: 5:39pm On Feb 13, 2017
Thanks for all the support guys. Got my VISA recently. Did all my application my self online from the info I got on the US consul website and here on Nairaland.

I'm legit going for a conference.

Profile: I'm single and working here in naija. I didn't make any flight bookings, I didn't book hotel. I just filled the ds-160 as truthfully as I could on my bed...lol

Interview:

VO: Good morning, How are you doing
Me: Aiit...
VO: Why do you want to travel
Me: For XYZ conference
VO: Why do you want to attend XYZ
ME: I want to attended XYZ because of ABC (technical jargon)
VO: Why do we need ABC
Me: We need ABC because ......... (technical jargon)
VO: What do you do for IJK (my coy)
Me: I'm an MNL Engineer....I'm an expert in ABC....
VO: I like your explanation of ABC. I am approving your VISA
Me: Thanks man...

All this happened in less than 20 seconds...very fast. This was my first time in the US embassy. very professional folks

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 5:55pm On Feb 13, 2017
4. Can I suggest you reapply when your baby is 1 year old also? Just to cover all bases.

[quote author=layiwola0001 post=53678186][/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:01pm On Feb 13, 2017
I was just reasoning something. I think it will be easier to get visa now, despite the economic brouhaha, because Trump is really clamping down on illegal immigration and visa overstay. Once you are able to explain why you are going to the US, and have good financial muscles, you are set. My opinion.

Due for dropbox, even though I don't intend on going to the US anytime soon, but its good to have these things handy, you never know!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 7:24pm On Feb 13, 2017
[quote author=layiwola0001 post=53678186][/quote]

$3500 for 10 days for 3 people, in NYC is impractical. That budget leaves you $350/day (minus cost of flight tickets). Assume cheap hotel stay of $150/night, that leaves you with $200/day for transport, food, tickets for sightseeing etc. You can imagine why the VO denied you. Also, at this time of the year, a lot of sightseeing spots are likely closed (its winter and cold!). That's one thing many never factor into their vacation plans.

Point 2 - you earn about N250,000 per month... that's less than $900/month.... how do you intend to convince a VO that you plan to spend an entire 4 months salary just for a 10 day vacation and return?

Point 3 - you're going with your wife and child... all your ties right there.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by phemmy26(m): 8:33pm On Feb 13, 2017
hi...a friend of mine is about applying for a visa...going as a family. Normally the appointment should be a group/family appointment... However, he could not make a group appointment. I checked online only to find this

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-svc-groupappointment.asp

Group appointments are no longer available in Nigeria. All applicants have to apply individually

UPDATE: i think for guys having that same issue as per the comments earlier on...i think thats the reason...so every thing na individually now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by leopower(m): 9:06pm On Feb 13, 2017
phemmy26:
hi...a friend of mine is about applying for a visa...going as a family. Normally the appointment should be a group/family appointment... However, he could not make a group appointment. I checked online only to find this

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-svc-groupappointment.asp

Group appointments are no longer available in Nigeria. All applicants have to apply individually

UPDATE: i think for guys having that same issue as per the comments earlier on...i think thats the reason...so every thing na individually now

There is different between group application and family application.
In family application all ds160 form will be filled individually and head of d application will den add all family member under his/her profile for appointment.
Simple

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by petersje8: 9:34pm On Feb 13, 2017
My dear nairaland family, my conscience will fail me if i dont give back. Woe unto me if i dont narrate my interview transcript with a chinese looking VO on window 2. it went thus.

VO: Goodmorning
ME & Wife: Morning to u.
VO: Pass me ur passport please
Me: Passes two passports
VO: Who isnt applying for a visa?
Me: My daughter(3yrs old. She went with us). its a private vacation for me and my wife and my kids will be staying with the nanny and my mother whom am responsible for and lives with me.
VO: What do u do sir?
Me: Am a Senior Drilling Engineer.
VO: Do u have any travel history?
Me: Yes. studied in France. Returned to Nigeria after my studies and bn working since then.
VO: Which company is that again?
Me: xyz company
VO: Was it first or second degree u studied in France?
Me: Masters in xxxxxxx Engineering
VO: Very good.
VO: Maam what do u do pls?
Wife: Am a stay at home Mum for now
VO: U r a home-maker?
Me: Cuts in, She will remain a home-maker until my little son becomes 3yrs atleast. She will hopefully start working.
VO: Where in US are u going?
ME: Miami Florida
VO: Thanks for applying. Flips white paper. Pick up ur visa in 3days time at (points VI on the white paper)
Me: Walks out majestically with my wife and daughter.

Meanwhile this guy has been rejecting and flipping blue papers anyhow even to married couples without children. Majority of people with children got their visa. This particular young couple was given a visa and she said she was going to give birth. she was visibly pregnant. She was asked why wont she birth in Nigeria and she said she lost one baby bla bla and they have really saved to ensure their baby is birthed in the Usa. She showed a payment kind of paper to the VO and they were issued a visa. I intentionally took my daughter there as a tie even though she wasnt an applicant and i ensured he is aware of my other child who is at home.
She was all over the place disturbing the peace of the hall.

I filled our DS-160 myself honestly at home. Our mission is pure and we hope to spend just 3weeks. it is indeed a private getaway for me and my angel. The kids arent wanted in this one.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Salami71: 9:45pm On Feb 13, 2017
petersje8:
My dear nairaland family, my conscience will fail me if i dont give back. Woe unto me if i dont narrate my interview transcript with a chinese looking VO on window 2. it went thus.

Me: My daughter(3yrs old. She went with us). its a private vacation for me and my wife and my kids will be staying with the nanny and my mother whom am responsible for and lives with me.
VO: What do u do sir?
Me: Am a Senior Drilling Engineer.
VO: Do u have any travel history?
Me: Yes. studied in France. Returned to Nigeria after my studies and bn working since then.
VO: Which company is that again?
Me: xyz company
VO: Was it first or second degree u studied in France?
Me: Masters in xxxxxxx Engineering
VO: Very good.
VO: Maam what do u do pls?
Wife: Am a stay at home Mum for now
VO: U r a home-maker?
Me: Cuts in, She will remain a home-maker until my little son becomes 3yrs atleast. She will hopefully start working.
VO: Where in US are u going?
ME: Miami Florida
VO: Thanks for applying. Flips white paper. Pick up ur visa in 3days time at (points VI on the white paper)
Me: Walks out majestically with my wife and daughter.

Meanwhile this guy has been rejecting and flipping blue papers anyhow even to married couples without children. Majority of people with children got their visa. This particular young couple was given a visa and she said she was going to give birth. she was visibly pregnant. She was asked why wont she birth in Nigeria and she said she lost one baby bla bla and they have really saved to ensure their baby is birthed in the Usa. She showed a payment kind of paper to the VO and they were issued a visa. I intentionally took my daughter there as a tie even though she wasnt an applicant and i ensured he is aware of my other child who is at home.

I filled our DS-160 myself honestly at home. Our mission is pure and we hope to spend just 3weeks. it is indeed a private gateway for me and my angel. The kids arent wanted in this one.

Congrat bro me tap from your blessing o grin grin cheesy cheesy

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by burgessdon(m): 9:52pm On Feb 13, 2017
I have been tying to schedule my appointment online but this Errors message wouldn't lemme. ....since morning. Please n please I need your help.. .what can I do?

Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by petersje8: 10:26pm On Feb 13, 2017
burgessdon:
I have been tying to schedule my appointment online but this Errors message wouldn't lemme. ....since morning. Please n please I need your help.. .what can I do?

Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.

Try using another system. If you havent inputed the GTB receipt number, then create another account with another email. But if you have already entered ur transaction number then dont take my advise pls. You may have to call the embassy and complain.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyTomi: 10:41pm On Feb 13, 2017
petersje8:

Try using another system. If you havent inputed the GTB receipt number, then create another account with another email. But if you have already entered ur transaction number then dont take my advise pls. You may have to call the embassy and complain.

I have been having the same error as well. I tried using another system but same thing. Please what do we do now?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cheldas: 11:36pm On Feb 13, 2017
seyewest:

Normally if you read up the thread you will find answers to your question.. 1) No need to put anything for passport book number 2) You must fill your combined monthly income in local currency even if you're a business owner. 3) Yes tell them your role as owner and business man and explain your role... letter of introduction is not necessary but you may bring it along if you want. 4) Start with your University/poly degree... oh are you still in school?

Thanks for your swift response seyewest.
Oh yes, I'm still in school so pls help me how i will it up till date.
Also, do you mean i start from University-Secondary OR Secondary-University?
I'll be waiting.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bravedude(m): 11:57pm On Feb 13, 2017
petersje8:

I filled our DS-160 myself honestly at home. Our mission is pure and we hope to spend just 3weeks. it is indeed a private getaway for me and my angel. The kids arent wanted in this one.

That dude is nice,is like he love family.he issued my family and I visa without going through our passport to confirm if actually We have been to the Uk.very nice VO.anyone Applying in Lagos shud watch out for the dude,he is generous!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oloolo: 1:34am On Feb 14, 2017
Please how do you know if you have a ban at the U.S embassy.......
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:54am On Feb 14, 2017
TWoods:

$3500 for 10 days for 3 people, in NYC is impractical. That budget leaves you $350/day (minus cost of flight tickets). Assume cheap hotel stay of $150/night, that leaves you with $200/day for transport, food, tickets for sightseeing etc. You can imagine why the VO denied you. Also, at this time of the year, a lot of sightseeing spots are likely closed (its winter and cold!). That's one thing many never factor into their vacation plans.

Point 2 - you earn about N250,000 per month... that's less than $900/month.... how do you intend to convince a VO that you plan to spend an entire 4 months salary just for a 10 day vacation and return?

They do not close any tourist spot in New York in winter... I was there last year january and the only place I did not visit was Times square.. and they can actually rent Airbnb for less than $70 a day but the truth be told the money is just too small for the trip and this show lack of preparation and research.
I think you can actually save for 2 years and spend 5 months salary comfortable without touching your salary.
The wife and the kid is a no brainer... that's BLOOD RED FLAG.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:39am On Feb 14, 2017
burgessdon:

You have used another email in the past to create a profile. Use the forgot password button
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:41am On Feb 14, 2017
LadyTomi:

I have been having the same error as well. I tried using another system but same thing. Please what do we do now?
Do forgot password. A new password will be sent to the email u have previously used to create a profile. Then u change password and enter ur profile to book appt
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyTomi: 9:25am On Feb 14, 2017
nefertitiram:

Do forgot password. A new password will be sent to the email u have previously used to create a profile. Then u change password and enter ur profile to book appt

Thanks, I have done that as well since yesterday but I haven't received a temporary password.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by layiwola0001: 10:57am On Feb 14, 2017
seyewest:

They do not close any tourist spot in New York in winter... I was there last year january and the only place I did not visit was Times square.. and they can actually rent Airbnb for less than $70 a day but the truth be told the money is just too small for the trip and this show lack of preparation and research.
I think you can actually save for 2 years and spend 5 months salary comfortable without touching your salary.
The wife and the kid is a no brainer... that's BLOOD RED FLAG.

@seyewest dont understand your last statement (The wife and the kid is a no brainer.... thats BLOOD RED FLAG)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by layiwola0001: 10:59am On Feb 14, 2017
TWoods:

@Twoods are u saying i should apply alone when next am applying? If they should ask why am i not applying with my family again what will be my excuse?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:07am On Feb 14, 2017
LadyTomi:

Thanks, I have done that as well since yesterday but I haven't received a temporary password.

Try to remember the old email address used
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:09am On Feb 14, 2017
layiwola0001:

@seyewest dont understand your last statement (The wife and the kid is a no brainer.... thats BLOOD RED FLAG)
Yes you have $3500 and you wanna travel with your wife and kid... Kolewerk

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by layiwola0001: 11:19am On Feb 14, 2017
seyewest:
Yes you have $3500 and you wanna travel with your wife and kid... Kolewerk

Thanks bro, i will give its a trial again next few month and gather money more money. God will be with you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by burgessdon(m): 1:34pm On Feb 14, 2017
LadyTomi:

email them. ..they will send you a temporary password... They just resolved a similar case for me now. .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by meine: 2:51pm On Feb 14, 2017
burgessdon:
email them. ..they will send you a temporary password... They just resolved a similar case for me now. .

Hi what email address did you use, i also need to send them a mail. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by buchhogonzalez(m): 3:26pm On Feb 14, 2017
burgessdon:

Bro call this number 01 440 6218...I did today and I was created online...afterwards i was able to schedule my appointment.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lekanade273: 7:14pm On Feb 14, 2017
leopower:

There is different between group application and family application.
In family application all ds160 form will be filled individually and head of d application will den add all family member under his/her profile for appointment.
Simple

Hi, they still do family application. Called the embassy and the contact lady added my dependant to my profile today.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by burgessdon(m): 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
Please ,I want to confirm if the embassy still accept ds 160 confirmation page without uploaded pic on it. ...i tried uploading mine but was unable to do it..

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93