Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1537863 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 6:14pm On Mar 09, 2017
layiwola0001:
#54,400
@layiwola0001 thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sparrow76(m): 9:25pm On Mar 09, 2017
LadyTomi:
Hello House, I attended my interview yesterday with my husband and baby, and also fixed and interview for my parents and grandma at the same time(7:15am) both at the Lagos Consulate. So we went as two separate groups my family as one then my parents and grandma as another. Here is how it went.

Hubby and I: Good morning(hubby carried daughter, I held the documents)
VO: Smiles, good morning. Have I attended to you before
Hubby and I: No, you haven't
VO: Passports please
I passed them and she started typing not looking at us again but asking questions
VO: How long have you been married
Hubby and I: 2years (dunno but we kept on replying together most times)
VO: Is this your first child (still typing)
Hubby and I: Yes
VO: how old is the baby
Hubby and I: 4 months
VO: what do you do
Hubby: I am a territorial sales manager at Bleep covering both southern and western part of Nigeria(then my daughter start making some uncomfortable sounds like she wanted to cry, hubby started rocking her I started saying soothing words to her and she finally cried a bit, the VO raised her head, watched us and smiled, I quickly collected the baby and calmed her down)
VO: So how long have you worked at Bleep
Hubby: 4 months
VO: what did you do previously
Hubby: I worked as a customer relationship manager with coy abc for 5years
VO: what do you do
Wife: I work as a risk officer with xyz Bank(realised I didn't call my profile well, I repeated immediately I work as Risk Analyst and so so so Officer witg xyz bank)
VO: how long have you worked with the bank
Wife: 3years
VO flips through our passports(in my mind am like she is checking for any issued visa/travel history , we all had virgin passports, then she continues typing)
VO: where are you traveling to in the US
Hubby and I: Massachusetts
VO raised her head looks at us and goes back to typing
VO: what will you be doing there
Hubby: vacation and visiting family
VO: who will you be staying with
Hubby and I answered together
Hubby: Sister
Wife: My aunty
VO instantly raised her head with a confused expression and said, come again sister and aunty
Wifesadinstantly replied) we call her sister here in Nigeria but she's actually my aunty
VO: smiles and says Oh I see
VO: your father or mother's sister
Wife: Mother's younger sister
VO: what does she do in the state
Wife: she's a medical doctor
VO: how long has she been there
Wife: 5years
VO: is she married
Wife: No, but she's getting married soon in about a month time
VO types a bit, brings out rubber band to bind our 3 passport together. I started pinching my husband like yeah we have gotten it but I said calm down what if she wants to tie them together and return to you, the she drops it beside her and hands us a white paper with a huge smile saying you pick up your visa in 3working days and circled the center for us. We were so happy smiled and gallantly strolled out. That was our first time ever applying for a visa and we got it yippe!!!

My parents and grandma's interview they are actually going for my aunty's wedding in June.
VO: why are you going to the US
Dad: to attend a relative's wedding
VO: what's the relationship to each of you
Dad: explains, my wife's younger sister and her (grandma) daughter
VO: where will the wedding be taking place
Dad: New york
VO: but your form says you are going to Massachusetts
Dad: that's where she lives but the wedding is in New York
VO: where will you stay in new York
Dad: reservations have been made to accomodate us at xxxx hotel the same venue for the wedding
VO: have you traveled before
Dad: Yes
VO: where
Dad: Germany(that was like 20 something years ago with the old Nigerian passport, so his passport now was still virgin)
VO keeps on typing and hands him white paper, I forgot to tell my dad that white paper is good news, he said he collected it stared at it for a while and felt like okay no problem we will stay in our house so he said to the VO
Dad: thank you for your time, we appreciate
VO: congratulations your visa has been approved you can pick it up in 3 working days
Dad: smiles ooh! Thank you.

That's how the 6 of us were successful, no document was searched. Thanks to the house I read and read and understood the process I didn't bother printing statement of Account or go with so many unnecessary documents. My mum carried like 50pictures saying she will show them how family history and her sister, I told her wasn't necessary she didn't listen (elderly people things, lol the woman said she didn't want to take chances)

Once again house, thank you!!! For all the useful information shared here.
Congratulations... This is clearly the Lord's doing. I rejoice with you

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Pesuzok(m): 9:28pm On Mar 09, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cheldas: 10:49am On Mar 10, 2017
Hello house, mama g and Baba west,
I was at Lagos on Tuesday morning but unfortunately i was late and missed the apt time so they gave me Tbl. Now they told me to check the page back by 72hrs and now i tried to book another appt but its telling me "No valid record can be found for the entered receipt number. Please validate that your receipt number is correct and that you have paid the correct amount for the visa which you are applying for."
I put the correct number.
Pls house what am i missing and is there still any hope that they are going to unlock my receipt? Though, i've sent a message to but decided to back home to ask my people in the house.
Pls don't say my wahala too much.
Thank you all in anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:24pm On Mar 10, 2017
cheldas:
Hello house, mama g and Baba west,
I was at Lagos on Tuesday morning but unfortunately i was late and missed the apt time so they gave me Tbl. Now they told me to check the page back by 72hrs and now i tried to book another appt but its telling me "No valid record can be found for the entered receipt number. Please validate that your receipt number is correct and that you have paid the correct amount for the visa which you are applying for."
I put the correct number.
Pls house what am i missing and is there still any hope that they are going to unlock my receipt? Though, i've sent a message to but decided to back home to ask my people in the house.
Pls don't say my wahala too much.
Thank you all in anticipation
Have you canceled your schedule date of Interview before?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beehandz(m): 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hello Houz

I made a mistake on the month of birth for my wife and duration of stay. I noticed d mistake afer ive submitted d DS-160 form. Though, I've retrieved d application and corrected the month and duration if stay and resubmitted. I now have d old and new confirmation no. Have also updated the new confirmation no on the appointment portal.
Is she to take both d old and new confirmation to for interview? Or just the new one.
Pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 4:44pm On Mar 10, 2017
Beehandz:
Hello Houz

I made a mistake on the month of birth for my wife and duration of stay. I noticed d mistake afer ive submitted d DS-160 form. Though, I've retrieved d application and corrected the month and duration if stay and resubmitted. I now have d old and new confirmation no. Have also updated the new confirmation no on the appointment portal.
Is she to take both d old and new confirmation to for interview? Or just the new one.
Pls help

She is to go with the new.... But how did you go about the updating of the new confirmation number on the appointment portal please? Just need to hear you out on that part.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2017
Take both. Old and new confirmation pages.

Beehandz:
Hello Houz

Pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beehandz(m): 8:11pm On Mar 10, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Take both. Old and new confirmation pages.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beehandz(m): 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
OmoBendel24:

She is to go with the new.... But how did you go about the updating of the new confirmation number on the appointment portal please? Just need to hear you out on that part.

I used the new confirmation no to access her profile for the interview date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by birg84: 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hi all,
Had my interview last Thursday,
This is how it went:

VO: Smiles, Good morning.
Me: Good morning, smiles too
VO: Pass me ur Passport please
Me: I passed it and he started asking questions while typing
VO: Tell me about ur work.
Me: I work at bla bla as bla bla, as bla bla Manager.
VO: Where are u travelling to?
Me: New Jersey
VO: Why are u travelling?
Me: For my annual vacation
VO: Flips thru passport, I see u have a valid UK visa, where else have u been to?
Me: UAE thrice in the past two years and and twice to UK on my old passport. Passed him the passport.
VO: Passes back my old passport. Pick up ur visa in 3 days, circles my collection point and gives me a white paper.
Me: Thank u so much
VO: Enjoy ur vacation.

My smile could have lit up the entire place, to think I was so nervous cos ''twas same guy who denied me last time. But God has his ways.
Thanks guys for this wonderful thread, I read every page religiously. U rock.
More blessings.
Cheap flights to JFK anyone?

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bayulll011(m): 9:18pm On Mar 10, 2017
birg84:
Hi all,
This is how it went:

VO: Smiles, Good morning.
Me: Good morning, smiles too
VO: Pass me ur Passport please
Me: I passed it and he started asking questions while typing
VO: Tell me about ur work.
Me: I work at bla bla as bla bla, as bla bla Manager.
VO: Where are u travelling to?
Me: New Jersey
VO: Why are u travelling?
Me: For my annual vacation
VO: Flips thru passport, I see u have a valid UK visa, where else have u been to?
Me: UAE thrice in the past two years and and twice to UK on my old passport. Passed him the passport.
VO: Passes back my old passport. Pick up ur visa in 3 days, circles my collection point and gives me a white paper.
Me: Thank u so much
VO: Enjoy ur vacation.

My smile could have lit up the entire place, to think I was so nervous cos ''twas same guy who denied me last time. But God has his ways.
More blessings.

congratulations!!!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:16pm On Mar 10, 2017
birg84:
Hi all,

Travel history making sense
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:23pm On Mar 10, 2017
birg84:

More blessings.

Congrats, congrats! @the bolded sha, for learning purposes, just maybe, just may be that that may not be exactly correct though....

Safe trip, all the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:07pm On Mar 10, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Congrats, congrats! @the bolded sha, for learning purposes, just maybe, just may be that that may not be exactly correct though....

Safe trip, all the best.
Abi oooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cheldas: 12:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
seyewest:

Have you canceled your schedule date of Interview before?

Oh no, i have not canceled before. They have replied and requesting for my scanned p & receipt no. which i've sent this morning.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2017
cheldas:

Oh no, i have not canceled before. They have replied and requesting for my scanned p & receipt no. which i've sent this morning.
Thanks
great... don't worry they will handle it and be vigilant.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lucas101: 2:27pm On Mar 11, 2017
Thanks house. I landed at the Tom Bradley International Terminal in Los Angeles. The CBP officer did not ask me a single word before stamping me for six months. (Maybe he had his reasons) Summit is over but still chilling. It's a beautiful country I swear. But still home coming next weekend. #Salute
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lexycool01(m): 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2017
cally26:
Good afternoon all. Please i need your advise on this. I wish to attend a 3 day conference in New york, and afterwards, visit my relatives in Texas for 5days (my duration of stay was indicated 8days in my form). I hope this will not be a problem for me on my interview i.e. indicating both conference and visiting on the same trip or should i just stick with CONFERENCE alone?

would really love to use this opportunity to visit them, its been really long.

Is your conference a paid one or a free one
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by arclexical(m): 10:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
Good morning house!

I am about to apply for B2 visa. I am going to attend my brother's commencement ceremony at Columbia university NY in may 2017. He got a visitors ticket for me from his school, prepared an invitation letter and I have a good account statement. I am an architect, I practice privately with a company name i registered with a colleague. I am not married, not engaged.

I have been going through this tread and reading all necessary materials from the internet yet I am scared. Please I implore the house to give me specific advice on my case and please do I need to upload my photo while filling the DS 160 form.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by arclexical(m): 10:53pm On Mar 11, 2017
arclexical:
Good evening house!

I am about to apply for B2 visa. I am going to attend my brother's commencement ceremony at Columbia university NY in may 2017. He got a visitors ticket for me from his school, prepared an invitation letter and I have a good account statement. I am an architect, I practice privately with a company name i registered with a colleague. I am not married, not engaged. I have no travel history.

In addition my brother recently got employed at Ports Authority of New York and New Jersey.

I have been going through this tread and reading all necessary materials from the internet yet I am scared. Please I implore the house to give me specific advice on my case, what are my chances? and please do I need to upload my photo while filling the DS 160 form.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by okechukwu101: 8:04am On Mar 12, 2017
How can I get a medical appointment in the US. Preferably Texas. I survived an accident and my arm amputated in the process. Will need a functional artificial arm
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 9:38am On Mar 12, 2017
arclexical:
Good morning house!

I am about to apply for B2 visa. I am going to attend my brother's commencement ceremony at Columbia university NY in may 2017. He got a visitors ticket for me from his school, prepared an invitation letter and I have a good account statement. I am an architect, I practice privately with a company name i registered with a colleague. I am not married, not engaged.

I have been going through this tread and reading all necessary materials from the internet yet I am scared. Please I implore the house to give me specific advice on my case and please do I need to upload my photo while filling the DS 160 form.

Sir, the specific advice on your case is that you go thoroughly and calmly through the thread. You can read part 1 and part 2, or read part 2 first, then beginning of Part 1. Read especially transcript of people with similar circumstances to yours; and work on your ties.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 9:40am On Mar 12, 2017
okechukwu101:
How can I get a medical appointment in the US. Preferably Texas. I survived an accident and my arm amputated in the process. Will need a functional artificial arm

Sir,
Perhaps your medical consultant in Nigeria can get you a referral to one of his/her colleagues in the US. If no known colleagues, the doctors normally would know the best hospitals in the field and be able to give you the ample direction.
All the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:47am On Mar 12, 2017
- why are you going to the us? this is where you make or mar your chances, so go deep and give them your strong reasons.
- where have you travelled to? this is another make or mar question, be honest.
- what do you do? this is yet another make or mar, as an architect, am sure you know some technicalities of the trade.

All the best.

arclexical:
Good morning house!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:07pm On Mar 12, 2017
arclexical:
Good morning house!

I don't want to believe you've been going through the thread because these questions are the most treated on this thread.
* Invitation letter carries no weight
*Statement of account does not matter

You will be judge according to your ties and what you have to say during the interview.. I will implore you to go through the thread from the beginning and also it is compulsory you must upload your passport photograph.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by wxyz1: 2:25pm On Mar 12, 2017
please the link you gave on how to book for US visa interview is not opening. can any one please help out on this regards. how to book for us visa interview please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:28pm On Mar 12, 2017
wxyz1:
please the link you gave on how to book for US visa interview is not opening. can any one please help out on this regards. how to book for us visa interview please.
Try Google for the website
Check the website for procedure

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2017
wxyz1:

www.ustraveldoc.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MsFiifi: 5:59pm On Mar 12, 2017
TWoods:

No you should wait for my sister to come and fill it for you.

I graduated recently as a Registered Nurse i have not work before, I have a relative as a us contact, am going for a conference i truthfully filled my ds-160 form as above and am sponsoring myself what are my chances of getting b1b2 visa??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by arclexical(m): 6:12pm On Mar 12, 2017
Thank you sir!

KaptainAfrika:
- why are you going to the us? this is where you make or mar your chances, so go deep and give them your strong reasons.
- where have you travelled to? this is another make or mar question, be honest.
- what do you do? this is yet another make or mar, as an architect, am sure you know some technicalities of the trade.

All the best.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by arclexical(m): 6:16pm On Mar 12, 2017
What do you think could be my ties and how do I fully express them? Since invitation letter and account statement doesn't matter, what supporting document do I go with?
seyewest:

I don't want to believe you've been going through the thread because these questions are the most treated on this thread.
* Invitation letter carries no weight
*Statement of account does not matter

You will be judge according to your ties and what you have to say during the interview.. I will implore you to go through the thread from the beginning and also it is compulsory you must upload your passport photograph.

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.