Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534334 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:19pm On Jan 15, 2016
profkehinde:

Thank you very much. We got our visas about a year apart. This trip was her third trip. Previous trips she spent less than 2 weeks each before she returned. As at now, she has not even spent 30 days in the US since she left Nigeria. She was given 6 months at POE, meaning she has until June. Will it be illegal for her to cancel her return flight scheduled for next week, and then buy another ONE WAY flight back to Nigeria in MAY ? Honestly she can never be out of status and will never want to do such. Shes a retired teacher and now owns her own College here in Nigeria. She has more than 20 workers in her private school here in Nigeria. She just wants to spend like 5 months in the US. Remember her previous 2 trips , she spent less than 2 weeks each on those visits. Does the US have record of the return date stated on the current flight ticket ?
Thanks

Dunno of that nor its effect (I doubt if that counts as I have had to jettison a multi-city promo ticket for another in the past without consequence). Who runs Madam's business in her absence (or that's just the package used)? Can you really tell why she is keen on staying that long sir? Yes, a year apart, good. Did one get riding on the back or using the advantage of the other?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
ori777:
Hello everyone,
Pls I would appreciate your advise.
I made visa appointments for I and my family but want to find out if it is possible to cancel and use the Dropbox option which we qualify for. Pls has anyone done this successfully?
Also I have read up a couple of people who were asked to go and reschedule their appointments due to difference In DS 160 and confirmation no/ details. Pls can someone explain this error so others can possibly avoid it?

Thank you.

Quite interesting! How did you make your visa appointment without noticing you were qualified for dropbox? Someone probably helped you. Even at that sef. Is it every member of the family that is qualified for it or some are qualified and you believe others are too by reason of that? To correct it if you are all qualified, you will have to reach those in charge of the appointment by phone or mail, they will help you out or instruct you appropriately.
The error you talked of in your concluding paragraph and the possibility of avoiding it has been explained over and over.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by motherloventina: 3:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
OmoBendel24:

No need uploading. Just complete and submit your DS160 form without it for now. But, go take a passport picture (to specification oh) between 500-700 naira and take the hardcopy with you to the interview. That's all!
Thanks sir/ma..we already took the passport as specified,imagine they collected 1k from each of us.. they said submitting without uploading passport ends last year that they ve started uploading this year...shd we try submitting without the passport?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2016
For learning purposes so we are not misled

profkehinde:
I greet you and I have been studying this forum for quite a while, and couldn't figure out I could really ask a question until just recently where I discovered I could sign up and ask questions.
Yes, I am a professor of Internal Medicine from one of the Nigerian Teaching Hospital and I will like to ask u this question.
My wife who is a teacher recently ( in December 27th, 2015 ) travelled to the US with my last child who is just 5 years old to celebrate the christmas with a friend of hers in the US.
I actually bought their flight ticket ( delta airlines ) where her return back to Nigeria is supposed to be Jan 25th.
Besides, she suddenly decided to stay longer during this visit, probably she planned to take longer rest. Her intention has been that she will spend around 5 months before coming back to Nigeria, she was given 6 months at the POE.
Based on the above, I phoned the airline about changing her return data to May 2016, but the airlines refused, they said her ticket type does not support such lengthy extension.
Since my wife has decided to stay till May, and she might have to forfeit her return flight, meaning I will have to pay for their ONE WAY ticket back home in May, 2016.
However, I intended visiting her in a week time, right in the US where I plan to spend just 4 weeks.
My question:
Won't I have issues at the POE if asked why my wife and child still remain in the US and why she decided to forfeit her return flight. I hope you understand my question sir. Remember her i-94 indicated she has to return back to Nigeria around June, 2016. Won't I have problems at the POE as why she suddenly choosed to forfeit her return flight ?
Thanks
The reply from the VO

LagosNIV:

If your wife and child stayed much longer than anticipated and failed to get on their return flight could it cause you problems? Of course it could. It likely will. Just read that question back and think about how an immigration officer would look at that case.

In my opnion, one's intention is inferred. If a married woman is willing to leave her home and her business for 5 whole months, her intentions become questionable.
She may be within status but all it takes is an iota of doubt for a visa to be be cancelled. That is why my previous answer was 'yes it is likely...'
The poster asked whether there's a record of her return flight. Remember the cbp almost always asks how long one is staying...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
Hey My peeps... I've been granted a U.S Visit visa. grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:20pm On Jan 15, 2016
seyewest:
Yippee ya yooooo! My guy! Ngwa gist naa

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yippee ya yooooo! My guy! Ngwa gist naa
Gist plenty @LadyGuinivere I will do the write up tonight.
People if you have good reason to be in U.S and you intend to return home (Nigeria) please be convincing they will grant you a visa just be honest and be yourself.
God bless.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
seyewest:

Thought you had one before. Congratulations.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 7:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

Thought you had one before. Congratulations.
Was denied.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by emjayfay(f): 7:25pm On Jan 15, 2016
nextedge:
Pls has anyone travelled with Qatar airways here before? What's the experience like especially for a family of four. I like to know cos it appears they have the cheapest offer. I know in many cases cheap things come with their shortcomings. Your views especially from experienced persons will be appreciated.

ETIHAD is the cheapest right now. Flew with them last year and it wasn't a bad experience. The journey long sha especially the return leg!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by femidhansboy: 7:25pm On Jan 15, 2016
seyewest:

Was denied.
I'm waiting for that gist o kwa!*Sipping green tea*
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nextedge: 7:28pm On Jan 15, 2016
profkehinde:

Qatar airline isn't a cheap airline, unless u re very lucky to get a cheap price. Their Aircrafts are really good, smooth in the air, I have travelled with them to different countries more than 6 times.
For me, they are one of the best and very very safe.
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by emjayfay(f): 7:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
motherloventina:
Thanks sir/ma..we already took the passport as specified,imagine they collected 1k from each of us.. they said submitting without uploading passport ends last year that they ve started uploading this year...shd we try submitting without the passport?
I submitted for dropbox today without uploading my picture. I kept getting an error message so I just 'jejely' concluded the application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by emjayfay(f): 7:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
motherloventina:

I submitted for dropbox today without uploading my picture. I kept getting an error message so I just 'jejely' concluded the application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nextedge: 7:32pm On Jan 15, 2016
[quote author=OmoBendel24 post=41999571]

I haven't, but I believe they should be cool. Airlines from that axis are always correct. I have used Emirate and Etihad, very long trip though! I read about the other airlines complaining about the edge they have because of their government (Arab oil money intervention and subsidy) coming to assist them. Deliberately ensure you fly the A380 or 787 though. The planes on the African particularly Nigeria route can be annoying though (almost all airlines going to their home country for transit purpose)[/quotet]thank you. I was wondering if it's practice to choose among the aircraft while paying for ticket. I'm asking because you ask me to fly the A380 or 787. Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nextedge: 7:35pm On Jan 15, 2016
@omobendel, am I to choose the aircraft while paying for ticket?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by motherloventina: 8:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
emjayfay:

thanks ma but this is my 1st time
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
Good evening My Lovely people. I was issued a visa on Wednesday. I will share the transcript below.

Me: Good Afternoon
VO: (Busy typing for full one minute)
VO: Pass me your Passport
VO: He scanned it and started flipping through my passport.
VO: Why are you going to the U.S
Me: I will be attending a Conference on XXXXX, Organised by XXXXXXX
VO: What's the purpose of the conference?
Me: Our firm just won a contract from FG to audit xxxxxx This conference will enable to deliver my corporate responsibility to my client and will help in my personal development as an individual.
VO: Why did the UK embassy denied you 3 times
Me: I explained the reason I was denied
VO: Where's the conference taking place?
Me: Atlanta,Georgia
VO: When will you arrive in US
Me: Told him and include when I will leave as well.
VO: Where have you been to?
Me: South Africa and Ghana
VO:How much do you earn?
ME: NXXXXXXXX
VO: Who is paying for the trip?
Me: Mention the name of my workplace
VO: Why were you denied US visa last year?
Me: I was invited by the former US VP, VP Al gore to be part of the Climate reality leadership conference but I was refused unfortunately but I'm still involved with it locally.
VO: Are you married?
Me: Yes happily married with 2 kids.
VO: (Typed for like 20 secs and picked the ''Super'' White paper amd said this paper will explain how you will get your passport back in 2 days.
Me: Thank you.

I have a lot riding against me but I have faith in God that I will not be rejected and the reason I'm applying is important for my career and future, although U.S visa is not the end of the world it's just something you should have if you know what I mean.
I was calm and conversant with why I was applying for a Non-Immigrant B1 visa.
Don't give up and be true to yourself.
Time to start looking for flight the conference is near.

14 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by femidhansboy: 10:23pm On Jan 15, 2016
seyewest:
Good evening My Lovely people. I was issued a visa on Wednesday. I will share the transcript below.

Me: Good Afternoon
VO: (Busy typing for full one minute)
VO: Pass me your Passport
VO: He scanned it and started flipping through my passport.
VO: Why are you going to the U.S
Me: I will be attending a Conference on XXXXX, Organised by XXXXXXX
VO: What's the purpose of the conference?
Me: Our firm just won a contract from FG to audit xxxxxx This conference will enable to deliver my corporate responsibility to my client and will help in my personal development as an individual.
VO: Why did the UK embassy denied you 3 times
Me: I explained the reason I was denied
VO: Where's the conference taking place?
Me: Atlanta,Georgia
VO: When will you arrive in US
Me: Told him and include when I will leave as well.
VO: Where have you been to?
Me: South Africa and Ghana
VO:How much do you earn?
ME: NXXXXXXXX
VO: Who is paying for the trip?
Me: Mention the name of my workplace
VO: Why were you denied US visa last year?
Me: I was invited by the former US VP, VP Al gore to be part of the Climate reality leadership conference but I was refused unfortunately but I'm still involved with it locally.
VO: Are you married?
Me: Yes happily married with 2 kids.
VO: (Typed for like 20 secs and picked the ''Super'' White paper amd said this paper will explain how you will get your passport back in 2 days.
Me: Thank you.

I have a lot riding against me but I have faith in God that I will not be rejected and the reason I'm applying is important for my career and future, although U.S visa is not the end of the world it's just something you should have if you know what I mean.
I was calm and conversant with why I was applying for a Non-Immigrant B1 visa.
Don't give up and be true to yourself.
Time to start looking for flight the conference is near.

Congrats bro!!!buy kulikuli for me o wen coming back!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by raptor2: 11:20pm On Jan 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Better. That's an ok profile. (My opinion)
So get a date asap. Fill youur form properly. When u get to the 'were you rejected and why column) you can state that you do not know because you were prepared with your documents and the vo didn't go through any. You can also squeeze in the reason why you want to birth in the US there.
Isn't Richmond expensive? Is the budget sheet outragously expensive? Anyways the vo no even look am.
If the costs/prices are fair, reapply exactly with the same details and then maybe go with hubby this time around. Good luck

Thanks Dear I appreciate. Am using oak bend which is not expensive. Please a quick one if am to apply with my hubby does he need to use the doctor address or hotel for usa contact on the zDS 160 form.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abbey3132: 2:35am On Jan 16, 2016
hi all,please i need your urgent advise,im in the united state and my wife is inviting my daughter which is 2years old and my mom but when i was filling the ds 160 form they asked for the point of contact in the US,my question is,is it me or my wife thats gonna be the contact person in the US and also the part that says relationship to you,can i choose parent or other.

thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:59am On Jan 16, 2016
raptor2:

Thanks Dear I appreciate. Am using oak bend which is not expensive. Please a quick one if am to apply with my hubby does he need to use the doctor address or hotel for usa contact on the zDS 160 form.
The hotel

@seye I'm truly happy for ! But I de vex cos u failed the transcript standard test. All the xx apart from your office na wetin na? grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:58am On Jan 16, 2016
abbey3132:
hi all,please i need your urgent advise,im in the united state and my wife is inviting my daughter which is 2years old and my mom but when i was filling the ds 160 form they asked for the point of contact in the US,my question is,is it me or my wife thats gonna be the contact person in the US and also the part that says relationship to you,can i choose parent or other.

thanks
Don't quite get your question.Who is in the us? You or your wife? Who is inviting? Either of you can invite. No hard and fast rule. Then u now pick the apprioprate relationship between the inviter and invitee
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:06am On Jan 16, 2016
abbey3132:
hi all,please i need your urgent advise,im in the united state and my wife is inviting my daughter which is 2years old and my mom but when i was filling the ds 160 form they asked for the point of contact in the US, my question is,is it me or my wife thats gonna be the contact person in the US and also the part that says relationship to you,can i choose parent or other.

thanks

Yes you are the point of contact, it's your mother. Of course parent, what other relation can you think of? Sister, auntie, inlaw?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:22am On Jan 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

The hotel

@seye I'm truly happy for ! But I de vex cos u failed the transcript standard test. All the xx apart from your office na wetin na? grin
I don't want anybody to use the conference oooo and I for put how much but I dey fear for naija ppl jare. I will put it next week....lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abbey3132: 8:29am On Jan 16, 2016
justwise:

Yes you are the point of contact, it's your mother. Of course parent, what other relation can you think of? Sister, auntie, inlaw?

Thanks for the quick response but the question about the relationship is not applicable to me,it says the relationship between my mom to my daughter and my daughter to my mom and there's non of the option that says grandma or grandchild
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abbey3132: 8:36am On Jan 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Don't quite get your question.Who is in the us? You or your wife? Who is inviting? Either of you can invite. No hard and fast rule. Then u now pick the apprioprate relationship between the inviter and invitee

Thanks for the response me and my wife are both in the US,im a Nigerian she's black American and she's inviting my mom and daughter and the question says the person at the point of contact,is it me or my wife that's inviting them?,and the other question says what's the relationship between my mom and my daughter and the option goes thus; parent,relatives,others and nothing says grandma or grandchild so what's appropriate to pick

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:58am On Jan 16, 2016
abbey3132:

Thanks for the quick response but the question about the relationship is not applicable to me,it says the relationship between my mom to my daughter and my daughter to my mom and there's non of the option that says grandma or grandchild

You can select parent or relative but other is far apart
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olusola009: 9:23am On Jan 16, 2016
Hi everyone, I applied for B1/B2 visa. I will be visiting my wife who is a legal permanent resident of US in February to spend my leave with her. I want you guys to pls tell me what are those questions I should prepare for, as this is my first time applying and am believing God it will be a success. Also if you can assis with other document I should take along with me for the interview. Thank you in anticipation of your response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abbey3132: 9:30am On Jan 16, 2016
justwise:

You can select parent or relative but other is far apart

Thanks so much I really appreciate y'all but I just wanna get it right before I finalized the form, the point of contact should be my wife because she's the one inviting them or me because she's my mother?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:50am On Jan 16, 2016
olusola009:
Hi everyone, I applied for B1/B2 visa. I will be visiting my wife who is a legal permanent resident of US in February to spend my leave with her. I want you guys to pls tell me what are those questions I should prepare for, as this is my first time applying and am believing God it will be a success. Also if you can assis with other document I should take along with me for the interview. Thank you in anticipation of your response.
Check the US website for required documents.
Read the thread for transcripts and pick the questions from there
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:53am On Jan 16, 2016
abbey3132:

Thanks so much I really appreciate y'all but I just wanna get it right before I finalized the form, the point of contact should be my wife because she's the one inviting them or me because she's my mother?

LadyGuinivere:

Do you not have the same address with your wife? If the daughter in law is her contact is it bad? If her son is her contact is it bad?
Don't overthink this simple issue

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.