Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536133 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olusola009: 10:05am On Jan 16, 2016
Hi house, when VO ask question like "how much do you earn" should the answer be monthly income or annual income. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:12am On Jan 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Do you not have the same address with your wife? If the daughter in law is her contact is it bad? If her son is her contact is it bad?
Don't overthink this simple issue
Exactly you may use the person paying rent or owner of the house as point of contact.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:14am On Jan 16, 2016
olusola009:
Hi house, when VO ask question like "how much do you earn" should the answer be monthly income or annual income. Thanks
Monthly I suppose.. because when the VO asked me I told him what I earned every month.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abbey3132: 10:17am On Jan 16, 2016
seyewest:

Exactly you may use the person paying rent or owner of the house as point of contact.

Thanks we have the same address
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kessel: 10:53am On Jan 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Mbok dash me ya certificate! I'll gadly change my name to LadyKessel grin
Hahaha. Funny.
I almost dumped the certificate for business oo. Am madly in love with business. I do it with ease.
I just gave myself some years to make money with the certificate and then move into production.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:38am On Jan 16, 2016
[quote author=nextedge post=42010637][/quote]

@nextedge: No, not at all. Your destination, pocket, mindset, etc determines the flight you will book. Was just saying you you should deliberately go for those particular planes if related to your route as you search, quite comfortable they are, and they are always available on the long haul routes.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:41am On Jan 16, 2016
olusola009:

Monthly is it. Just in case your income is not same every month because of some extra income quarterly, bi-annually, once a year,etc it will be better to have the sum total you are entitled to annually and put in the monthly average (divide by 12) as your monthly income. Stay blessed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:45am On Jan 16, 2016
olusola009:
Hi everyone, I applied for B1/B2 visa. I will be visiting my wife who is a legal permanent resident of US in February to spend my leave with her. I want you guys to pls tell me what are those questions I should prepare for, as this is my first time applying and am believing God it will be a success. Also if you can assis with other document I should take along with me for the interview. Thank you in anticipation of your response.

Has she filed for you? How long have you been married? B1/B2 may not come smoothly/easily to your category even if it's possible. You must "sabi" ooo! In essence, studying all the threads related to US Visa is non-negotiable for you I must advise. Get conversant with everything in the books and you must extra-prove your ties to Nigeria because she most likely will come across as the object of your strongest tie currently, and she resides in the US. And you want to go visiting her, and will come back to Naija, ba? Rarely do they issue visa to your category, they normally will refer you to go ask your spouse to file for you, maybe some sort of standard set though. Good luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nextedge: 11:51am On Jan 16, 2016
OmoBendel24:

@nextedge: No, not at all. Your destination, pocket, mindset, etc determines the flight you will book. Was just saying you you should deliberately go for those particular planes if related to your route as you search, quite comfortable they are, and they are always available on the long haul routes.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:51am On Jan 16, 2016
abbey3132:

Thanks for the response me and my wife are both in the US,im a Nigerian she's black American and she's inviting my mom and daughter and the question says the person at the point of contact,is it me or my wife that's inviting them?,and the other question says what's the relationship between my mom and my daughter and the option goes thus; parent,relatives,others and nothing says grandma or grandchild so what's appropriate to pick

When you click on OTHERS, does it provide you opportunity of further OPTIONS? You, what exactly is your own status in the US? This well help in getting the picture clearer and advising thereto.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
seyewest:

I don't want anybody to use the conference oooo and I for put how much but I dey fear for naija ppl jare. I will put it next week....lol

Wow, congrats! You wan dodge enter "Ame" first before you give us details like you waited to pick the visa before telling us you've been granted a Visa? Seyewest, do well jare abeg. Thought you have had the US visa and have been using it all these while. One thing I noticed is the way you have been congratulating those that were granted visas, that's the spirit! It has attracted "CONGRATS" to you too now. Seems you are of "THAT KINGDOM" sir. Stay favored

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abbey3132: 12:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
OmoBendel24:

When you click on OTHERS, does it provide you opportunity of further OPTIONS? You, what exactly is your own status in the US? This well help in getting the picture clearer and advising thereto.

Thanks I'm a permanent resident card holder and got it it via marriage though
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:23pm On Jan 16, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Wow, congrats! You wan dodge enter "Ame" first before you give us details like you waited to pick the visa before telling us you've been granted a Visa? Seyewest, do well jare abeg. Thought you have had the US visa and have been using it all these while. One thing I noticed is the way you have been congratulating those that were granted visas, that's the spirit! It has attracted "CONGRATS" to you too now. Seems you are of "THAT KINGDOM" sir. Stay favored
Exactly bro... One have to becareful and also we have to keep encouraging people with good intention not to give up.
God bless you bro

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shenita3891: 10:38pm On Jan 16, 2016
[b][/b]my friend lives in lagos Nigeria and his visa expires this month. He booked his flight got to the airport and they wouldn't let him abroad cause it would expire at the end of January. He got his visa through a lawyer but the lawyer is asking for $1500 (usd) to renew. How can he renew for cheaper and where?
OmoBendel24:

As written here by you, no issues yet at all in fairness to you. Extra factors are the things that bring issues. Still a good time for you to travel all things being equal. The more time she spends there the dimmer your chances of entering the US. Funny thing is that she is entitled to staying there up till the 180Days, but the more she stays the more it affects you, unless your visas are not related or connected at all. Is she not having something doing in Nigeria, if no, was the interviewing VO aware at the time of her interview? What's keeping her in the US, is she enjoying anything restricted to only US citizens, LPRs and tax payers? For how long is your visa and her visa still valid dear Prof? Give or take, overstaying leads to issues particularly when it comes to renewal (unless that is non of your bizness, staying more than necessary even within the 180days affects "technically" if not well explained subsequently, a day more than 180 attracts 3 years ban, more than 365 attracts 10years ban). The info you may be hoarding may just be you guy'z undoing sha in the future if there's any! Between, you seem much more like interested in you entering the US to join your family than coming out of there with your family though. Good luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by terrywales: 11:03pm On Jan 16, 2016
Good evening house, I will be apperaning at the embassy next month in cyprus. I am going for a conferences. the conference is paid conference and I was given option of paying by march 1st or at the conference. I intend paying after my interview and secondly, I have a treasure bill that is yet to mature and some money in my account in Nigeria that I like to use as my financial statement. My second question is that will the treasure bill be acceptable with my account as a financial status. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by profkehinde: 11:15pm On Jan 16, 2016
She actually want to return after easter holiday, instead of travelling again during easter. This is her third trip to the US, and funny enough, she wasn't questioned at the poe. They didn't even ask her how many days she will be spending.remember this is her third visit to the US. During the first and second visits, she spent less than 2 weeks then.
She's the proprietress of her own school and she has enough staffs/workers to take care of her investment which is almost 15 years into existence now...
She actually intend to return after Easter. And already she will be loosing her return ticket while I will have to get her a ONE way flight back to nigeria for April/ May
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:23pm On Jan 16, 2016
shenita3891:
[b][/b]my friend lives in lagos Nigeria and his visa expires this month. He booked his flight got to the airport and they wouldn't let him abroad cause it would expire at the end of January. He got his visa through a lawyer but the lawyer is asking for $1500 (usd) to renew. How can he renew for cheaper and where?
Check the us website / google for visa renewal process. Its 160 usd and dosent need a lawyer or anybody. I assume its a B visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
terrywales:
Good evening house, I will be apperaning at the embassy next month in cyprus. I am going for a conferences. the conference is paid conference and I was given option of paying by march 1st or at the conference. I intend paying after my interview and secondly, I have a treasure bill that is yet to mature and some money in my account in Nigeria that I like to use as my financial statement. My second question is that will the treasure bill be acceptable with my account as a financial status. Thanks
IMO that would depend on the tenure of the #treasury bill. If you have a 365 day t-bill for egs, its money not easily accessed...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by terrywales: 12:51am On Jan 17, 2016
6months matures on 7th April and the conference is 4th April. I have two and both will mature same date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:28am On Jan 17, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
For learning purposes so we are not misled

The reply from the VO

In my opnion, one's intention is inferred. If a married woman is willing to leave her home and her business for 5 whole months, her intentions become questionable.
She may be within status but all it takes is an iota of doubt for a visa to be be cancelled. That is why my previous answer was 'yes it is likely...'
The poster asked whether there's a record of her return flight. Remember the cbp almost always asks how long one is staying...

My exact thought Sis. "Prof's" story is just so bent and twisted!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:32am On Jan 17, 2016
profkehinde:
She actually want to return after easter holiday, instead of travelling again during easter. This is her third trip to the US, and funny enough, she wasn't questioned at the poe. They didn't even ask her how many days she will be spending.remember this is her third visit to the US. During the first and second visits, she spent less than 2 weeks then.
She's the proprietress of her own school and she has enough staffs/workers to take care of her investment which is almost 15 years into existence now...
She actually intend to return after Easter. And already she will be loosing her return ticket while I will have to get her a ONE way flight back to nigeria for April/ May

Your justification is not coming across right sir. Too much cock and bull yarns! Do that which you have proposed in your heart, just wondering the exact thing you are now in search of from this thread. But be sure one can string your story together from your so far discovered five (yes, I have seen the latest addition) accounts here. Be good

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:41am On Jan 17, 2016
shenita3891:

Thanks Lady Guinevere! That is a fresh situation there for me, why won't they allow him fly? Something is not adding up in my opinion, make this happening clearer. The lawyer (or agent), how many head(s) does he have? You don't need to have two heads to do this. Has he checked if he's qualified for dropbox? Does he not know and have his info, or it was 'akpako' he used before? If so, Omashe ooo! How about your DS160 printout? Boss, he can do it himself if his first was genuine, get help from here for free.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:56am On Jan 17, 2016
abbey3132:

Thanks I'm a permanent resident card holder and got it it via marriage though

Okay. The issue however is if for example your case is a clear one of deliberately arm-twisting them to settle in with the advantage of a B1/B2 visa they granted you, it will be better for you if you just exercise some patience and bring in your child via immigrant visa if you understand. You could still try the NIV if you are convinced or your case is far from the above posturing, for instance if you got married in Naija and she filed for you and you went all the way through the process.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:12am On Jan 17, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Your justification is not coming across right sir. Too much cock and bull yarns! Do that which you have proposed in your heart, just wondering the exact thing you are now in search of from this thread. But be sure one can string your story together from your so far discovered five (yes, I have seen the latest addition) accounts here. Be good
U jst spoke my mind.
Madam has decided to stay for '5 months'
The vo has replied him.
People have replied him.
What else does he want? An academic discussin or a raging argument on his matter or a 'finetuning' of his story?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:44am On Jan 17, 2016
shenita3891:

Dropbox
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by indianteddy007: 3:23pm On Jan 17, 2016
hello house. keep up the good job. i need your help on my own issue. i applied last year March alone without my husband and kids, i was denied.

Last year december i travelled to Dubai with my kids. now i want to reapply with my kids but my passport is still in my maiden name. My husband is not interested in traveling for now and since he has never travelled before they might deny us. our plan is for me to reapply with my two boys. pls what do u feel about this. God bless you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by AZUH: 11:35pm On Jan 17, 2016
@profkehinde do you think Donald trump the Racist will win? Europe, Africans, all the black in the usa are voting against him.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by profkehinde: 11:19am On Jan 18, 2016
Which bank in Nigeria has the best naira-dollar exchange rate please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fideco: 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hello Gurus,
Thanks for the wonderful work you re doing here, they have been very helpful!

I need a little help and clarification on these:
My Friend wants to travel with his family to the USA. But the issue is that;
- He is not yet married to his fiance and the baby boy of 5years they want to travel with is not their child but that of a relative so his name is different.
- the wife's name on her passport is not bearing her husbands name.

- Can they still Apply as a family?
- Will it be ok if the fiance changes her name on the passport to that of her Husband's?
- What re their chances of getting the visa?

Please I need your candid advice.

Thanks,
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keni: 2:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
fideco:
Hello Gurus,
Thanks for the wonderful work you re doing here, they have been very helpful!
I need a little help and clarification on these:
My Friend wants to travel with his family to the USA. But the issue is that;
- He is not yet married to his fiance and the baby boy of 5years they want to travel with is not their child but that of a relative so his name is different.
- the wife's name on her passport is not bearing her husbands name.
- Can they still Apply as a family?
- Will it be ok if the fiance changes her name on the passport to that of her Husband's?
- What re their chances of getting the visa?
Please I need your candid advice.
Thanks,

And they want to travel as a family?

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59