Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534078 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 11:00pm On May 23, 2017
kokoboy4life:

Congrats!!!!
You mean you have no travel experience and your visa still got approved, it really surprise me.

grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:06pm On May 23, 2017
bigbus:

My 2 cents.
"The visa validity is the length of time you are permitted to travel to a port-of-entry in the United States." Read more on travel . state . gov

The real challenges are:
1. Will the airline take you? Or more practically, will those airport officials allow you check-in? If you know your rights and insist, they may eventually will. You will need to ask the airline for their policy. Sometimes, they are scared (and rightly so) that missing a connection could lead to your arriving late at the POE.

2. You will be convincing the CBP at the POE. If they allow you in, you will be duly stamped in for 6 months or whatever duration the CbP decides.
The visa allows you to get to the POE, to be interviewed for entry: outcome of which interview can be yes-yay, or no-go back.

That said, leaving Lagos on the 3rd of June is pretty borderline.

Dropbox: I don't know whether there is enough time before the 3rd.

Dropbox process is 7 days... do the dropbox option so as to avoid story that touch...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mankind9(m): 4:22am On May 24, 2017
esteeino13:
Dad and I went for our interview today my dad ws given bt i wasnt, i still wonda wht d VO meant by "u are an adult". pls d gurus in d hux explain oo

Lol I can relate to that....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:12am On May 24, 2017
@esteno
You are an adult means you cannot depend on your fathers ties. He may be a first time applicant but u can't compare his ties and yours.
Your profile was found wanting and IMO reapplication any time soon will not bring a different outcome.

To the lady that wanted to visit her bf. That is the issue. A marriage can occur and that is an implied immigrant intent. Your job may not serve as a tie cos u can run your company from anywhere or even liquidate.
I do not know how else you can change a VOs mind except by reapplying after u marry. U can try again o. A different vo may see things differently though.....
#myopinion

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by borryworld: 12:42pm On May 24, 2017
America001:

That's quite early. She must have been a cheerful giver for her to have exhausted her quota that early. Btw I don't believe in the whole quota or slots thing for granting visa
The quota thing is a myth. The white paper is a proxy form and can be printed or copied if need be. IMO the interview works on psychology. I will never attend the interview after 8.00am, the VOs are human and the decision rest solely on their discretion. So, go early enough when the man/woman has not been affected by other things.

Maybe I should share my last interview transcript.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kapela3: 12:50pm On May 24, 2017
Hi guys,

Does having a fiancee in the U.S(citizen) adversely affect a B1 visa application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tekecoms1(m): 1:05pm On May 24, 2017
Please somebody should help me. My grandma wants to travel to the states and I intend to accompany her because she can't read, write or speak in English. Please How do I fill the form that I will be accompanying her to the embassy and to also accompany her to US?
Please Eshanu me Kia Kia.
Besides I have already filled out the DS-160 form indicating that I will be travelling with her because she is supposed to be the principal applicant but they keep asking questions about me and not her.
God bless you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 1:34pm On May 24, 2017
1. Each candidate is expected to qualify on his/her own merits. So your grandma may get the visa, and you may not. What would be your strong ties?

2. If your grandma is either 70-79, I think, she has a waiver, so she will automatically be given a US Visa with no interview.

3. What is your grandma going to do in the US, and why do you have to follow her, is she disabled in anyway? illiteracy isn't an hindrance, there are a lot of interpreters in the us embassy and Nigerians working in the cbp posts in the US.

4. DO NOT THINK APPLYING WITH AN ELDERLY PERSON WILL IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES. THE ONLY ONES WHO BENEFIT FROM THIS ARE CHILDREN WHO ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OLD. I.E. IF THEIR PARENTS GET A VISA, THE KIDS ALSO GET A VISA AND VICE VERSA. SO AS LONG AS YOU ARE 18 AND ABOVE, YOU ARE JUDGED INDEPENDENTLY.

ALL THE BEST.

Tekecoms1:
Please somebody should help me. My grandma wants to travel to the states and I intend to accompany her because she can't read, write or speak in English. Please How do I fill the form that I will be accompanying her to the embassy and to also accompany her to US?
Please Eshanu me Kia Kia.
Besides I have already filled out the DS-160 form indicating that I will be travelling with her because she is supposed to be the principal applicant but they keep asking questions about me and not her.
God bless you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 1:36pm On May 24, 2017
Oh yes! Just apply for a fiancée visa or get married and apply for the relevant category. You gonna have a hard time convincing the VO that you don't have immigrant intent.

kapela3:
Hi guys,

Does having a fiancee in the U.S(citizen) adversely affect a B1 visa application?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tekecoms1(m): 1:47pm On May 24, 2017
I just wanna take the risk of accompanying her perchance I could be given. Besides I am married with two kids and gainfully employed with my own personal business. This is Nigeria bro.
KaptainAfrika:
1. Each candidate is expected to qualify on his/her own merits. So your grandma may get the visa, and you may not. What would be your strong ties?

2. If your grandma is either 70-79, I think, she has a waiver, so she will automatically be given a US Visa with no interview.

3. What is your grandma going to do in the US, and why do you have to follow her, is she disabled in anyway? illiteracy isn't an hindrance, there are a lot of interpreters in the us embassy and Nigerians working in the cbp posts in the US.

4. DO NOT THINK APPLYING WITH AN ELDERLY PERSON WILL IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES. THE ONLY ONES WHO BENEFIT FROM THIS ARE CHILDREN WHO ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OLD. I.E. IF THEIR PARENTS GET A VISA, THE KIDS ALSO GET A VISA AND VICE VERSA. SO AS LONG AS YOU ARE 18 AND ABOVE, YOU ARE JUDGED INDEPENDENTLY.

ALL THE BEST.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tekecoms1(m): 1:51pm On May 24, 2017
Will accompanying her not boost my application chances too sir? Because myself and her are gonna enter at the same time.
KaptainAfrika:

ALL THE BEST.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 2:04pm On May 24, 2017
"This is Nigeria bro" - What do you mean?

It would make more sense if your wife and kids travelled with your grandma, to the US, than you. A father wants to leave his wife and his kids to travel with his grandma to the US. What sort of father leaves his wife and kids, and wants to travel to the US with his grandma.

All the best!

Tekecoms1:
I just wanna take the risk of accompanying her perchance I could be given. Besides I am married with two kids and gainfully employed with my own personal business. This is Nigeria bro.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 2:06pm On May 24, 2017
1. DO NOT THINK APPLYING WITH AN ELDERLY PERSON WILL IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES. THE ONLY ONES WHO BENEFIT FROM THIS ARE CHILDREN WHO ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OLD. I.E. IF THEIR PARENTS GET A VISA, THE KIDS ALSO GET A VISA AND VICE VERSA. SO AS LONG AS YOU ARE 18 AND ABOVE, YOU ARE JUDGED INDEPENDENTLY.

2. Each candidate is expected to qualify on his/her own merits. So your grandma may get the visa, and you may not. What would be your strong ties? You will be assessed on your own merits and not your grandma's. So your grannie may have visa, and you may not get a visa.

Tekecoms1:
Will accompanying her not boost my application chances too sir? Because myself and her are gonna enter at the same time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LyfeJennings(m): 2:33pm On May 24, 2017
Hi everyone
I have a slight challenge
I don't remember my username or password on the us embassy website
The only thing I remember is the email address
& it's been a bit tough for me to sign in and book an appointment
I would be glad if someone can help me
Thank U
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by VisaOfficer: 2:59pm On May 24, 2017
America001:

That's quite early. She must have been a cheerful giver for her to have exhausted her quota that early. Btw I don't believe in the whole quota or slots thing for granting visa

Let's not start any rumors. There is NO quota. Every officer can approve as many applicants as he or she determines overcomes the presumption of immigration.

Regards,
VO

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by VisaOfficer: 3:03pm On May 24, 2017
KaptainAfrika:

Applicants over the age of 79 are not required to come for an interview (in other words, 80 years old or older). They can use the dropbox.

Regards,
VO
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LyfeJennings(m): 3:04pm On May 24, 2017
Someone should please help me out abeg oooooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LyfeJennings(m): 3:05pm On May 24, 2017
VisaOfficer and other Gurus in the house
Help me oooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tekecoms1(m): 4:29pm On May 24, 2017
Please what do you mean by ties? What type of tie is advisable or worth tenable?
KaptainAfrika:
1. DO NOT THINK APPLYING WITH AN ELDERLY PERSON WILL IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES. THE ONLY ONES WHO BENEFIT FROM THIS ARE CHILDREN WHO ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OLD. I.E. IF THEIR PARENTS GET A VISA, THE KIDS ALSO GET A VISA AND VICE VERSA. SO AS LONG AS YOU ARE 18 AND ABOVE, YOU ARE JUDGED INDEPENDENTLY.

2. Each candidate is expected to qualify on his/her own merits. So your grandma may get the visa, and you may not. What would be your strong ties? You will be assessed on your own merits and not your grandma's. So your grannie may have visa, and you may not get a visa.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 4:31pm On May 24, 2017
Thanks for the clarification.

If I may pop in another question, which I would be most grateful, if you can answer - A lot of candidates have requested for advice on coming clean on prior misrepresentation...are there any avenues for this action, during interview or when filling the forms? Thanks for your prompt and anticipated response.

VisaOfficer:

Applicants over the age of 79 are not required to come for an interview (in other words, 80 years old or older). They can use the dropbox.

Regards,
VO
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:33pm On May 24, 2017
LyfeJennings:
VisaOfficer and other Gurus in the house
Help me oooo
use the forgot password option if that does not work get in touch with the Embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 4:34pm On May 24, 2017
What will make you come back to Nigeria? You claim to be married with two kids, and a well-paying job and a personal company, I assume you live in your own house?. Those are considered ties to Nigeria.
But be prepared to explain why you are leaving your wife and kids, and going to the US with your grandma.
Do you have family in the US?

Tekecoms1:
Please what do you mean by ties? What type of tie is advisable or worth tenable?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LyfeJennings(m): 4:44pm On May 24, 2017
seyewest:
use the forgot password option if that does not work get in touch with the Embassy.

I clicked on it
It requested for my username which I don't remember also
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by honeyoluwatoyin: 4:46pm On May 24, 2017
Hi guru, I'm planning to give my mom and sister a trip to USA , I've got my visa and my sister has only been to Dubai. My mom is 56years and my sister is 25.. we've got a family business we run wit NB .. my probs now is what's the probability of them getting it. And who shld be the sponsor? myself,my dad or themselves
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Taphealth247(m): 5:29pm On May 24, 2017
Hello House,
I have been invited to attend a wedding in the US.
I want to know if having a son in NIgeria is a lot of ties. since say Ties na the Koko.
plus a leave approval from my place of work.

kindly reply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:41pm On May 24, 2017
LyfeJennings:

I clicked on it
It requested for my username which I don't remember also
is that not your email? put your email.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LyfeJennings(m): 5:52pm On May 24, 2017
seyewest:
is that not your email? put your email.

Thanks
I'd try it now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by VisaOfficer: 5:54pm On May 24, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
If I may pop in another question, which I would be most grateful, if you can answer - A lot of candidates have requested for advice on coming clean on prior misrepresentation...are there any avenues for this action, during interview or when filling the forms? Thanks for your prompt and anticipated response.

It's impossible to overstate the value of the truth. Just today, someone was refused for a lie they told 40 years ago -- yes, we have records that go back that far, and farther.

That said, why is there a difference between telling the truth in an interview or on the form? Should there be a lie on the form but not during the interview or vice versa? Why not immediately start telling the truth in both? The sooner you start telling the truth the sooner you can start earning back our trust.

You are still likely to be refused, but at least coming clean has a chance to reset the clock so that eventually you can earn a visa. It might take years and significant ties, but it's possible. But if you hold onto that lie -- and most likely, we know it but won't tell you we know it -- you have almost no chance of getting a visa.

Regards,
VO

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bcjpevo: 6:53pm On May 24, 2017
I have unused visiting visa and i intend changing it to student visa.

i have never traveled before and all us were given visitor visa, but my wife almost secure an admission in one of the University

please your kind advise on how to change her visa to student visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:57pm On May 24, 2017
Thanks again for a clear and precise response.

VisaOfficer:

It's impossible to overstate the value of the truth. Just today, someone was refused for a lie they told 40 years ago -- yes, we have records that go back that far, and farther.

That said, why is there a difference between telling the truth in an interview or on the form? Should there be a lie on the form but not during the interview or vice versa? Why not immediately start telling the truth in both? The sooner you start telling the truth the sooner you can start earning back our trust.

You are still likely to be refused, but at least coming clean has a chance to reset the clock so that eventually you can earn a visa. It might take years and significant ties, but it's possible. But if you hold onto that lie -- and most likely, we know it but won't tell you we know it -- you have almost no chance of getting a visa.

Regards,
VO
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tydarl: 7:04pm On May 24, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:05pm On May 24, 2017
= You guys and always attending a wedding in the US. Hmm!
= Do you want to impregnate a girl, so you can have a son and claim him to be a strong tie? or do you have a son with a woman that you are legally married to? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Taphealth247:
Hello House,
I have been invited to attend a wedding in the US.
I want to know if having a son in NIgeria is a lot of ties. since say Ties na the Koko.
plus a leave approval from my place of work.

kindly reply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.