Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,904 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533987 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DoNotBeAfraid: 4:44am On May 21, 2017
DoNotBeAfraid:
Good day The Gurus in the house,
Please i have tried to read atleast 300 pages so far, i believe am good with all i have got but i have just few important questions to ask.
I have been residing in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates for about two years now, i have 2 years more on my current contract, an Engineer with equivalent of about 800k Naira Monthly, tried applying over here but they specified on the Website that i have to apply from my home Country or A country of Permanent Residence, . now my questions are:
1. I have traveled to Ghana, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Bahrain and Qatar in the last two years for work spending atleast 10 days in each Country, would this fly as a good travel history?
2. Is it possible to Schedule an appointment in the next 2 weeks as my management is okay with my plans of traveling to the States for My vacation by August and asked me to go and apply for the visa in Nigeria, giving me max of two weeks to get it over with.
3. Are there cases of Changing the date by the US Embassy in Nigeria? as i don't plan staying longer than the 2 weeks?
4. I have no family in the States, weather living or Dead, just friends. one which just got his Citizenship Last year, after some years of getting to the States Via Visa Lottery and others who are students, all living Legally in The US.
5. From my Situation so far, If there is anything you think i should consider, please share.
Please Your Response Are needed.
please I need your response sad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 7:35am On May 21, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
A little detour.

Do Nigerian staff of the US Embassy, also attend US Visa interviews? Just imagine your colleague is the VO and he/she is asking you questions.

Loooooool.

my in-law work in British High Commission in Lagos, they interview him whenever he apply for visa,.. the visa officer no dey look face oh. yet they know him very well and the interview is like joke to him.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 7:51am On May 21, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
lol... some naija pals still go deny some of their hommie self.

?

you think say na Nigeria person be the visa officer abi ?. na America all of them be...
about your hotel booking.. look for booking without credit card. I don tell you make you pay my flight ticket to your house, make I come help you fill that form.... them dey wait for you at US embassy Abuja, make I just tell you truth now. the interview no go pass one minute, everything done end.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 9:08am On May 21, 2017
[quote author=def111 post=56726368]

you think say na Nigeria person be the visa officer abi ?. na America all of them be...
about your hotel booking.. look for booking without credit card. I don tell you make you pay my flight ticket to your house, make I come help you fill that form.... them dey wait for you at US embassy Abuja, make I just tell you truth now. the interview no go pass one minute, everything done end.[/quote . clear conscience fears nothing.. My brother I'm so confident because I have no hidden intention you may not believe me but that's the bitter truth. I shall post my transcript.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sisit: 9:37am On May 21, 2017
Hello gurus in the house!

I am trying to book an appointment for my 3 kids using my profile but I am being asked for payment receipt for 5 as my husband is also on my profile.

Myself and my husband do not need visas as we already have one?

How do I book this appointment for my kids as payment is already reflecting on my profile?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by danme: 10:27am On May 21, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
na me oo. but e get something wey you go yarn for interview it will lead to straight refusal as an adult. I wanna book a hotel close to their home and make myself the sponsor. that's all.
Bros no let ur mouth put you for trouble ooo! You ve to be careful what you say,except MAY be you and your application are not real. Pls if you know you don't have anything MEANINGFULL to do in US just forget all these your acting pls. I am not a consular officer,but I sure know something is wrong. You are not real!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 10:57am On May 21, 2017
danme:
Bros no let ur mouth put you for trouble ooo! You ve to be careful what you say,except MAY be you and your application are not real. Pls if you know you don't have anything MEANINGFULL to do in US just forget all these your acting pls. I am not a consular officer,but I sure know something is wrong. You are not real!
Thank God you're not a consular. thank You for Your Judgment as well. You knows nothing about me, my application or my intention. I would have responded if you know any.
this is my first ever application and my purpose is genuine. but my problem is due to my lack of full knowledge about the application, I've done so much mistakes (not a lie on my application). but how I place my writings. so that's why I'm here to seek corrections instead of consulting an agent. I was so fast in filling the application that's why I made mistakes. some people here are very good at Judging others without even knowing their story or the reason for whatsoever they choose to do. I'm so confident in my application even if is denial, but that's the fact about me in the application. like LadyG, Seyewest, Nefetitiram and other noble Forumites will always say "Be honest and confident, no one can Justify your chances if not the VO and God" the most important thing is Honesty and not even what someone on nairaland presumes about You. Thank You all. God bless.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by PHOOMI(f): 11:24am On May 21, 2017
My daughter and i went for our interview on Friday, transcript coming as soon as I get a hold of myself.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:57pm On May 21, 2017
[quote author=JWTheocracy1 post=56728420][/quote]
If you decide to book hotel you can use booking dot com and reserve a room without paying but you will input your mastercard/visa atm to secure the reservation. Good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 1:31pm On May 21, 2017
seyewest:

If you decide to book hotel you can use booking dot com and reserve a room without paying but you will input your mastercard/visa atm to secure the reservation. Good luck.
Thank You my Dear Brother. God bless You and Your family for how much you have voluntarily helped me on this wholeheartedly. I appreciate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sisit: 5:39pm On May 21, 2017
sisit:

I am trying to book an appointment for my 3 kids using my profile but I am being asked for payment receipt for 5 as my husband is also on my profile.

How do I book this appointment for my kids as payment is already reflecting on my profile?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 5:50pm On May 21, 2017
PHOOMI:
My daughter and i went for our interview on Friday, transcript coming as soon as I get a hold of myself.
waiting seriously

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by borryworld: 5:53pm On May 21, 2017
sisit:

I had the same problem earlier. I posted the solution some pages back. You create a profile for one of the kids and add others as dependant. One of the parents will accompany them with his/her passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 6:25pm On May 21, 2017
borryworld:
I had the same problem earlier. I posted the solution some pages back. You create a profile for one of the kids and add others as dependant. One of the parents will accompany them with his/her passport.

Seems she has added the kids to her profile as Dependants already, she may then have to reach their customer service line to have this undone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 8:07pm On May 21, 2017
JWtheorcracy1, can you just read the thread and shun the urge to pass a comment either on your application or someone else? Really, you are 'too' all over the place! Just saying ni o!

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by meadows: 2:27am On May 22, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, I have been following this thread for some time now, and I must say it's really helpful.... Myself and hubby applied for visa in 2015 for honey moon but was dienied, in our application our agent filled 300k as our monthly salaries but when the VO asked us how much was our monthly income we said 150k each cos we didn't know...we own our private company...then we applied for Uk and got d visa we both traved.. we applied again last year 2016,2017 with our 18months old son but was also denied we have traveled to Uk 3 times as family....now my question is how do we know if we are been ban... Cos I feel we are been denied cos of our previous mistake which is a red flag to us..Cos I intend to apply in July with my son for child birth... Pls house I really need help on this....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbuddie: 2:24pm On May 22, 2017
meadows:
Hello gurus in the house, I have been following this thread for some time now, and I must say it's really helpful.... Myself and hubby applied for visa in 2015 for honey moon but was dienied, in our application our agent filled 300k as our monthly salaries but when the VO asked us how much was our monthly income we said 150k each cos we didn't know...we own our private company...then we applied for Uk and got d visa we both traved.. we applied again last year 2016,2017 with our 18months old son but was also denied we have traveled to Uk 3 times as family....now my question is how do we know if we are been ban... Cos I feel we are been denied cos of our previous mistake which is a red flag to us..Cos I intend to apply in July with my son for child birth... Pls house I really need help on this....

I think there is a birthing thread, that will give u all the necessary info. If you meet the requirement. Do you have a copy of the DS160 form the agent completed for you? If not you may never know the reason why you are being denied. however, you can come clean when completing your next form and let them know you have misrepresented in the past and you may may be lucky to meet a nice VO.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Farefare: 2:51pm On May 22, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Seems she has added the kids to her profile as Dependants already, she may then have to reach their customer service line to have this undone.

Yep, I had this problem too.I had to send a mail to them from the profile requesting that the kids be removed from my husband's profile.
A mail will be sent to your mail box confirming removal.only then can ano.profile using the kid's details be created.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by VisaOfficer: 3:07pm On May 22, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
A little detour.

Do Nigerian staff of the US Embassy, also attend US Visa interviews? Just imagine your colleague is the VO and he/she is asking you questions.

Loooooool.

Yes, our Nigerian staff must apply for a visa just like anyone else. If we know them, then they must interview with someone who does not know them. If they know everyone (which is rare), then a Consular manager will interview.

Regards,
VO

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 3:30pm On May 22, 2017
Bring letter of permission from Oga G make I submit to madam for approval, then we are good to go grin

LadyGuinivere:

Inside cloth o! Economy just humble me. Invite me come ya dormain na grin . I can enter egyptair sef cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:33pm On May 22, 2017
9jaStar:
Bring letter of permission from Oga G make I submit to madam for approval, then we are good to go grin

Bros na wa for you oooo na transport to U.S alone she dey ask for.. why you dey bring Bazooka to sword fight.. grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by esteeino13(f): 7:40pm On May 22, 2017
Dad and I went for our interview today my dad ws given bt i wasnt, i still wonda wht d VO meant by "u are an adult". pls d gurus in d hux explain oo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Myzzz: 7:43pm On May 22, 2017
ragolis13:

Thank you very much, I've successfully canceled my appointment which is supposed to be 18th of this month.. highly appreciated

Hey bro so how did it go?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burgundy29: 7:50pm On May 22, 2017
Hi everyone, please I need your advise. My husband and I applied for US visa last week and we went for our interview today but my husband is familiar with the US,he has been to the US so many times and we are newly wed also.I have only been to Dubai but my husband was given the visa and I was denied. The VO didn't ask so much questions from myself and my husband,she only asked if my husband and I have travelled together,I told her No, also asked when we got married, I told her 3 months ago, she asked if I was pregnant and I said no and I was given the GREEN paper and she wrote on the paper that I have not demonstrated that I have any ties and don't have any strong ties that indicates that I will return to my country after a temporary visit to the US. Such ties include professional, work,school,family or social links to a foreign country. I filled in my form that I'm a lawyer in a law firm ,am married,earn 200k per month and they still denied me. I want to reapply again,pls kindly advise me on how to go about it and what step to take.
Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 22, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

You are advised to reapply when a substantial change has occured in your personal circumstances eg travel, job, marital status.
Has that happened? The answer to your queston is with you.

Lady G please I need you to talk to you. Please I sent you a pm. Kindly reply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:07pm On May 22, 2017
seyewest:

Bros na wa for you oooo na transport to U.S alone she dey ask for.. why you dey bring Bazooka to sword fight.. grin grin grin
Nwanna See Me see wahala o!!! Thank God say no be employment o. E for ask for my papa birth certificate. Lol
@9jastar Biko who should the letter be addressed to? How many pages? I yam that desperate o! cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:08pm On May 22, 2017
Fiyinfoluwa20:

Lady G please I need you to talk to you. Please I sent you a pm. Kindly reply.
I don't pm dear. Ask it here. Peace!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:10pm On May 22, 2017
esteeino13:
Dad and I went for our interview today my dad ws given bt i wasnt, i still wonda wht d VO meant by "u are an adult". pls d gurus in d hux explain oo

Just like that, no transcript? How then will the "gurus" carry themselves into your interview hall and then "explain"? Say the story first, that's the tradition....

Sorry about the refusal.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:12pm On May 22, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Traditional you cheesy! Was actually about to tell poster with exactitude your mind on this without guessing before you responded yourself. Evening Sis....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:15pm On May 22, 2017
Burgundy29:
Hi everyone, please I need your advise. My husband and I applied for US visa last week and we went for our interview today but my husband is familiar with the US,he has been to the US so many times and we are newly wed also.I have only been to Dubai but my husband was given the visa and I was denied. The VO didn't ask so much questions from myself and my husband,she only asked if my husband and I have travelled together,I told her No, also asked when we got married, I told her 3 months ago, she asked if I was pregnant and I said no and I was given the GREEN paper and she wrote on the paper that I have not demonstrated that I have any ties and don't have any strong ties that indicates that I will return to my country after a temporary visit to the US. Such ties include professional, work,school,family or social links to a foreign country. I filled in my form that I'm a lawyer in a law firm ,am married,earn 200k per month and they still denied me. I want to reapply again,pls kindly advise me on how to go about it and what step to take.
Thank you.
IMO, the voice didn't believe that you weren't pregnant
You can wait till you actually get pregnant (joke)
Or reapply and set out your ties in your ds160 and the fact that you aren't pregnant and don't intend to birth with the visa. I'm sure you know the flip side to that...
IMO you ought to be given the visa. Read the birthing thread for tips on how to get a VOs attention. I once wrote a lengthy piece on that. No motivation to retype. Good luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 22, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Hello Guys,

I am thinking of going to the U.S.A in the fourth quarter of the year to relax, I have been to one African country before and I would be working as a contract staff with a F-500 company in the UK during the summer would be making about 7k pounds. I do not intend to overstay in the US plus I have a sister who is an American Citizen, what category of visa do you think I should apply for?
Tourist-want to relax after long summer job,
general visitor-want to go visit my sister.

Plus I am a recent UNI graduate too.

Which Do you think is ideal and can I apply from the UK or I should come back to Naija after my summer in the UK to come and apply?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 22, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Done.

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.