Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1535560 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:32am On May 30, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Thanks a lot.
I also suspect she feels we have birthing plans.

So what do I write as reason for my former rejection?
That's what I really need to know. Because I can't pinpoint a probable cause.

We just want to go for pur annual vacation there
And visit her uncle.

Cc. Seyewest
The vo in the rejection letter put the reason
Omobendel told u the reason
My humble self in my former post did as well
Why are you still seeking a grand reason?
Let me spell it out again...
"you were refused under section 214b" shikena.
You are not the vo that denied the application. You can only say what you know. Don't assume. 214b (of the law I can't remember but it's contained in the afore mentioned paper u have)
Simply means the vo was not satisfied with your ties.
The vo that interviewed u left notes on your application. The next vo will see it and know exactly why. If he didn't tell u, don't assume and Most of, don't blame your wife.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:36am On May 30, 2017
Team16:
Please, I am applying for US B1/B2 visa and the embassy sent me a mail to come with my Cv, and all certificates. Is there anyone who has been asked to come with these documents?
You do not need to know if other people have gone through this cos in my view it's of no help to you
If you were asked to come with your Kaya, carry your Kaya go. If they want to verify your details, u go and verify them. No biggie, unless u lied. If you didn't then no reason to panic
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Team16(m): 4:23am On May 30, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

You do not need to know if other people have gone through this cos in my view it's of no help to you
If you were asked to come with your Kaya, carry your Kaya go. If they want to verify your details, u go and verify them. No biggie, unless u lied. If you didn't then no reason to panic

Not panicking, I don't need to. I wanted to know if anyone has been under this condition and the reason why it was requested. It is called being informed. I'm cool girlfriend. I don't panic.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:57am On May 30, 2017
Team16:

Not panicking, I don't need to. I wanted to know if anyone has been under this condition and the reason why it was requested. It is called being informed. I'm cool girlfriend. I don't panic.
Correct! Go with God.
School them sef. If na Yoruba education u study sef, u teach them there. If na food and nutrition u show them u earned your certificate well by teaching them how to make abacha n ugba cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:19am On May 30, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Correct! Go with God.
School them sef. If na Yoruba education u study sef, u teach them there. If na food and nutrition u show them u earned your certificate well by teaching them how to make abacha n ugba cheesy

No be one agent don dey go write this visa applicant letter so dey form na US Embassy? Seems packaging money has got to be extracted by all means possible. Well, there's a possibility that the US Embassy is changing its approach gradually though, tightening of noose kinda stuff, dunno. Haven't heard of this for a B1/B2 visa application....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:21am On May 30, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

You are not the vo that denied the application. You can only say what you know. Don't assume. 214b (of the law I can't remember but it's contained in the afore mentioned paper u have)
The vo that interviewed u left notes on your application. The next vo will see it and know exactly why. If he didn't tell u, don't assume and Most of, don't blame your wife.

Very simple and basic! Applicants want to form professor and walk into "yawa" with their ink/keypad use....

@NwaAmaikpe1; take that letter of refusal in your hand, construct something from it, it's all in there, no additions.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NwaAmaikpe: 7:37am On May 30, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Thanks a lot and God bless.
I thought they needed a specific reason.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolawoleoladipo: 7:51am On May 30, 2017
Have never seen such and heard of such before sha. How true is that? Embassy mailed you to bring cv. Issokay
LadyGuinivere:

Correct! Go with God.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:47am On May 30, 2017
kolawoleoladipo:
Have never seen such and heard of such before sha. How true is that? Embassy mailed you to bring cv. Issokay
Neither have I. He'll have to look at the email add well sha
Last last shebi Na Embassy e go enter no be one man parlour?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keleks: 11:06am On May 30, 2017
kokoboy4life:

@seyewest Good Evening to you is it true that if someone applying for US visit visa do not have Travel Experience the person can't be granted Visa?

its not true. My hubby has zero travelling experience... infact he has not seen the inside of an aircraft before and he was granted the us visa this month.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 12:27pm On May 30, 2017
Funny US embassy with Funny way of visa refusal to Funny Nigerians.
like they would always say "Granting you visa is not your right, but a privileged"...
I blame our lame government not the VO's. I became very ashamed of 9ja with the crowd I saw at the embassy today wanting to go to America for one stupid reason or the other. That is their country and never you be upset when denied entry. I was denied today for my first visa application so I have to say thank You to the Lady that interviewed me, I giggled and Left the premises.
back to business till whenever they feel like to grant me that privilege.
Thank You all for your freewill contributions as regards to my questions and how It was answered with love and affection. To Nefetitiram, Omobendel,Seyewest, Lady G and all the good people of this Forum, I say thank You(including the abujaniv and lagosniv). I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifeoluwasegun(m): 12:31pm On May 30, 2017
Hi house, been some days I've been following.

I'm sorry to want to repeat a question once treated before, I couldn't get the page and decided to put it here again.

My question is actually about changing the DS 160 confirmation Number on the Appointment confirmation page.

I submitted my DS 160 form, proceeded to booking appointment and after all, then discovered one stewpid NO to a question which should be YES on the DS 160.

I quickly filled another one, proceeded to update the new DS 160 number on the CGI portal and thereby reprinted the Appointment Confirmation Page showing the new DS 160 number.

I just want to know if my steps above is okay or if there are still other things to do as per the change.

Thank you.

Cc: seyewest, LadyG, omobendel, etc
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by deardevil(m): 1:01pm On May 30, 2017
Good afternoon house... name is davis and I recently got married to my girlfriend (America ) here in lagos at ikoyi court and I to know the procedure and process in applying for my visa and what type should I apply for .thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by deardevil(m): 1:06pm On May 30, 2017
keleks:
I have been trying to post and I havent still gotten the hang of it yet. I am sorry if I am not supposed to quote someone. I and my family had our visa interview on friday and I just had to share our transcript. I learnt a lot from this forum.. I read from page 1 to the last page, it took me weeks mehn.
VO: hello good morning
Moring ma
VO :where are you going to?
I thought I heard "why are you going to the US" so I just replied... to attend a close friend's wedding. The vo had to ask why again, then I said Houston texas
VO: what do you do ma
I repied that i am a legal practitioner
VO: sir what do you do?
My hubby repied that he works in .....bleep bleep bank
VO: what excatly do you do for them?
Hubby said his duties as he filled it in his form
VO: how long have you been working?
I replied...... years
VO: sir how long have you been working
hubby replied.... years
VO: sir have you travelled before?
Hubby replied no... and said but my wife and daughter have been to dubai
Meanwhile my 3year old daughter have been trying to get her attention... she was just saying aunty aunty, the VO refused to answer her, she then sightly hit the glass to get her attention before the VO replied her and said Hi
All the while she was asking questions, she was just typing, she just looked up and gave us the white paper and told us to pick up our passports in 3days. The interview was less than a minute and I know its just God's grace. We filled the forms ourselves, all correct information, no lies. We will be spending 10days.
Hubby is super excited, he has aways said the first visa he will get will be the US visa lol. Its just my daughter and I that have travelled out of the country to dubai
No documents was checked, even thoughi have read here severelly that no documents will be asked. We took all our land and property documents lmao, bank statements and other irrelevant things.
we also didnt listen to the touts outside the embassy. It would have been a waste of time. We are super happy and please forgive my typos, feeling sleepy.
I cant wait to share our POE experience. God really favoured us.Thanks nairalanders. Looking for cheap airline tickets o, pls if you see for 27th of june biko holla.

read your comments and found it very good. ... name is davis and recently got married to my wife she from America and planning to be with her.... pls how do I go about it cause have never travel before
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by naijaboy756: 1:17pm On May 30, 2017
Pls while paying for the visa in GTB for vacation is it B or B1 or B2

Pardon my question pls. I am in the bank now and need urgent clarification pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iphiechuks: 1:29pm On May 30, 2017
naijaboy756:
Pls while paying for the visa in GTB for vacation is it B or B1 or B2

Pardon my question pls. I am in the bank now and need urgent clarification pls
Pay for B1/B2. it goes together.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by naijaboy756: 1:29pm On May 30, 2017
pls heeeellllpp me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by naijaboy756: 1:36pm On May 30, 2017
iphiechuks:
Pay for B1/B2. it goes together.
ok sir/ma...Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by femredhead: 1:39pm On May 30, 2017
I was denied today for my first visa application so I have to say thank You to the Lady that interviewed me, I giggled and Left the premises.

@JWTheocracy1
It is well. Kindly share your transcript with us.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by endyendy1: 2:29pm On May 30, 2017
Plz can one use a visit visa for business.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 2:42pm On May 30, 2017
You married a US Citizen and wish to relocate to the US. This is the wrong forum. Look for the Immigration Visa side. This is the non-immigration Visa side.

deardevil:
Good afternoon house... name is davis and I recently got married to my girlfriend (America ) here in lagos at ikoyi court and I to know the procedure and process in applying for my visa and what type should I apply for .thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 2:43pm On May 30, 2017
Check their website, for an official clarification.

endyendy1:

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ExpressBooking(m): 2:53pm On May 30, 2017
Good day everyone whose posts and advise has been very helpful here.

please I have booked an interview at US Embassy here in Lagos for June second week for a B1/B2 visa. Here are my questions,

1. I lost a passport in 2013 which I used to travel to China and Dubai in 2012 when I was dealing on laptops and phones. I reported the loss to police and got a court affidavit. So on my DS-160 where I was asked if I ever lost a passport,I quoted yes and on travel history I quoted the China and Dubai, do you think I should remove this before submission of the DS160?

2. I am going for a vacation and tour in NY but at the same time will want to breeze into IAA auto Auction yards in NY and see how live car auctions are held as I have been an online/proxy bidder. Do you think I should mention this to VO? Please note that my main business is car importation and sales as stated on my DS160 and I am the Managing Director of my company.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:57pm On May 30, 2017
endyendy1:

Thanks

Yes, provided you have used it for the purpose it was issued already or if you have solid reasons to do so.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by endyendy1: 2:58pm On May 30, 2017
[quote author=KaptainAfrika post=57024440]Check their website, for an official clarification.

Many thanks. But don't seem to see the info there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:59pm On May 30, 2017
deardevil:

read your comments and found it very good. ... name is davis and recently got married to my wife she from America and planning to be with her.... pls how do I go about it cause have never travel before

Check the immigrant visa section (moderated by a visa officer here on nairaland) for further direction, this thread is for non-immigrant visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:01pm On May 30, 2017
ifeoluwasegun:
Hi house, been some days I've been following.

I'm sorry to want to repeat a question once treated before, I couldn't get the page and decided to put it here again.

My question is actually about changing the DS 160 confirmation Number on the Appointment confirmation page.

I submitted my DS 160 form, proceeded to booking appointment and after all, then discovered one stewpid NO to a question which should be YES on the DS 160.

I quickly filled another one, proceeded to update the new DS 160 number on the CGI portal and thereby reprinted the Appointment Confirmation Page showing the new DS 160 number.

I just want to know if my steps above is okay or if there are still other things to do as per the change.

Thank you.

Cc: seyewest, LadyG, omobendel, etc

Seems okay if you have been able to print out a new appointment confirmation page with the new DS160 number used. You updated your profile on the CGI page with the new DS160 number and it was successful, right? Just read a few pages back, maybe the posts of the past two days or so should do....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by endyendy1: 3:01pm On May 30, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Yes, provided you have used it for the purpose it was issued already or if you have solid reasons to do so.

It has been used for visit already and the business now is the outcome of the visit.
Thanks for your input
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:07pm On May 30, 2017
endyendy1:

It has been used for visit already and the business now is the outcome of the visit.
Thanks for your input

Good to go then.... Just have a valid reason/purpose this time around when you show up in front of the CBP officer, the B1/B2 can be used both ways by you now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:08pm On May 30, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Thanks a lot.
I also suspect she feels we have birthing plans.

So what do I write as reason for my former rejection?
That's what I really need to know. Because I can't pinpoint a probable cause.

We just want to go for pur annual vacation there
And visit her uncle.

Cc. Seyewest

Don't make it any harder...Write it this way
I was denied under 212b( or something like that) but my circumstances has changed.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:09pm On May 30, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
Funny US embassy with Funny way of visa refusal to Funny Nigerians.
like they would always say "Granting you visa is not your right, but a privileged"...
I blame our lame government not the VO's. I became very ashamed of 9ja with the crowd I saw at the embassy today wanting to go to America for one stupid reason or the other. That is their country and never you be upset when denied entry. I was denied today for my first visa application so I have to say thank You to the Lady that interviewed me, I giggled and Left the premises.
back to business till whenever they feel like to grant me that privilege.
Thank You all for your freewill contributions as regards to my questions and how It was answered with love and affection. To Nefetitiram, Omobendel,Seyewest, Lady G and all the good people of this Forum, I say thank You(including the abujaniv and lagosniv). I appreciate.

Thumbs up, better times ahead! Rebuild, painful though that you didn't finally shelve the travel plan temporarily. Transcript please....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:16pm On May 30, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Can we have the email address?

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.