Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1535691 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:44pm On May 30, 2017
ifeoluwasegun:
Hi house, been some days I've been following.

I'm sorry to want to repeat a question once treated before, I couldn't get the page and decided to put it here again.

My question is actually about changing the DS 160 confirmation Number on the Appointment confirmation page.

I submitted my DS 160 form, proceeded to booking appointment and after all, then discovered one stewpid NO to a question which should be YES on the DS 160.

I quickly filled another one, proceeded to update the new DS 160 number on the CGI portal and thereby reprinted the Appointment Confirmation Page showing the new DS 160 number.

I just want to know if my steps above is okay or if there are still other things to do as per the change.

Thank you.

Cc: seyewest, LadyG, omobendel, etc

If your ds160 confirmation page and appointment letter is the same ds160 number... you're good to go.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:50pm On May 30, 2017
ExpressBooking:
Good day everyone whose posts and advise has been very helpful here.

please I have booked an interview at US Embassy here in Lagos for June second week for a B1/B2 visa. Here are my questions,

1. I lost a passport in 2013 which I used to travel to China and Dubai in 2012 when I was dealing on laptops and phones. I reported the loss to police and got a court affidavit. So on my DS-160 where I was asked if I ever lost a passport,I quoted yes and on travel history I quoted the China and Dubai, do you think I should remove this before submission of the DS160?

2. I am going for a vacation and tour in NY but at the same time will want to breeze into IAA auto Auction yards in NY and see how live car auctions are held as I have been an online/proxy bidder. Do you think I should mention this to VO? Please note that my main business is car importation and sales as stated on my DS160 and I am the Managing Director of my company.
Hope you have travel evidence for this..like a photocopy of the visa,plane ticket etc.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:57pm On May 30, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
Funny US embassy with Funny way of visa refusal to Funny Nigerians.
like they would always say "Granting you visa is not your right, but a privileged"...
I blame our lame government not the VO's. I became very ashamed of 9ja with the crowd I saw at the embassy today wanting to go to America for one stupid reason or the other. That is their country and never you be upset when denied entry. I was denied today for my first visa application so I have to say thank You to the Lady that interviewed me, I giggled and Left the premises.
back to business till whenever they feel like to grant me that privilege.
Thank You all for your freewill contributions as regards to my questions and how It was answered with love and affection. To Nefetitiram, Omobendel,Seyewest, Lady G and all the good people of this Forum, I say thank You(including the abujaniv and lagosniv). I appreciate.

Oh sorry about that... Since you still have the money with you.. why not take time out and visit other countries..enjoy yourself and keep your yankee family informed of the latest develop or better still share the money with us grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 4:03pm On May 30, 2017
1. What you filled in, is it true?
2. Are you intentions, in line with your visa category?
If the answers to both are YES, then fill it in the form and mention your intent. It will even show you in good light, be honest, no need to lie.

ExpressBooking:

please I have booked an interview at US Embassy here in Lagos for June second week for a B1/B2 visa. Here are my questions,

1. I lost a passport in 2013 which I used to travel to China and Dubai in 2012 when I was dealing on laptops and phones. I reported the loss to police and got a court affidavit. So on my DS-160 where I was asked if I ever lost a passport,I quoted yes and on travel history I quoted the China and Dubai, do you think I should remove this before submission of the DS160?

2. I am going for a vacation and tour in NY but at the same time will want to breeze into IAA auto Auction yards in NY and see how live car auctions are held as I have been an online/proxy bidder. Do you think I should mention this to VO? Please note that my main business is car importation and sales as stated on my DS160 and I am the Managing Director of my company.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by koonleh: 4:38pm On May 30, 2017
Please i will like to ask a question in the house, cuz i dont want to use any agent.

I am currently using my visiting visa in América nw, my wife and children were denied last december, so i decieded to travel alone .

They want to apply agn, as i am already here, will that jeooardize their approval for the visa, or it is a 50-50 chance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 5:02pm On May 30, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
You married a US Citizen and wish to relocate to the US. This is the wrong forum. Look for the Immigration Visa side. This is the non-immigration Visa side.

the US Immigration Visa thread don close, its like the visa officer is not in Nigeria again... LadyG and justwise talk to your visa officer them say we need US Immigration Visa thread oh.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 5:05pm On May 30, 2017
def111:

the US Immigration Visa thread don close, its like the visa officer is not in Nigeria again... LadyG and justwise talk to your visa officer them say we need US Immigration Visa thread oh.

Loads of responses have been rolled out by the VO (VisaOfficer, not LagosNIV) on that thread just today before you even posted this. Or is it the old old thread you visited?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 5:29pm On May 30, 2017
Very irritating

KaptainAfrika:
Some do contribute. But there are the ones who are successful but too selfish to share. And there the ones who got rejected and are too ashamed to share. And then there are those who share, but you learn nothing, bcus there are filled with "bla bla bla"

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 5:40pm On May 30, 2017
Let her go ahead and get a ew passport, and show up at the interview with both passports.

The visa will be printed on the current one

travelpoint:
My sister discovered that her passport will expired August 2017 after she had paid US visa fee through GTB, she cannot use this passport to obtain visa.

She is planning to obtain a new passport but she doesn't know what to do because her current passport number is printed on the US visa payment receipt.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Team16(m): 6:27pm On May 30, 2017
Visa Approved.

Transcript.
VO: Hi
Me: Hi, how are you doing?
VO: Good
Me: Awesome
VO: Why are you doing to the US?
Me: Christmas vacations and family annual meeting.
Vo: Do you have a family in US?
Me: Yes
Vo: Who
Me: My uncle
Vo: Where does he stay?
Me: Texas
Vo: Any other family in US
Vo: Who?
Me: Another Uncle
Vo: Where does he stay
Me: Texas
Vo : Typing mode.
Visa Approved.
Time limit: 2 mins
Passport Pick up : 5 days time

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 6:55pm On May 30, 2017
seyewest:

Oh sorry about that... Since you still have the money with you.. why not take time out and visit other countries..enjoy yourself and keep your yankee family informed of the latest develop or better still share the money with us grin grin grin
lol... na so my brother. the denial today plenty oo. if you look at others, you go just dey smile dey go.

I've told them already. Back to business.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nonnyblaze(m): 7:49pm On May 30, 2017
So i was at the embassy today planning to go for a conference, here is the conversation that ensued
V.O: where are you traveling to?
Me: New York
V.O: Tourism??
Me: No Conference
V.O: What's your Occupation?
Me: Student
V.O: Where do you school?
Me: says the name of my school and course
V.O: Is your school aware that you are traveling?
V.O: Like they are sponsoring you??
No: My Aunt
V.O: You don't work at all?
Me: No... I dont I'm a student.
V.O: When did you get into school?
Me: 2013
V.O: Tell me about your classes?
Me: Bla Bla Bla (Trying to tell how the conference relates with my school work)
V.O: *cuts in* you are not qualified today for US visa and hands me my passport and the blue letter. N.B She was actually typing most of the time.
I just took it and worked out... No time to feel bad gaan. US fine but E no be heaven.
But what could have gone wrong, could it be age factor, I'm 21 and a student with no job.. Does she think i dont have strong ties here or what??
I hope on re applying again soon as the conference is in August and i have already registered and paid in full for it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:09pm On May 30, 2017
@nonnyblaze
Why are you asking the obvious? Why do you want to reapply? U said it yourself. 21. No job. A student. U have no ties. Full stop. There is no benefit a conference can give to a student. The one million other Nigerian students that graduated with ist class, did they go for a conference? If your school had even felt you were a guru and decided to send you for a conference e for make brain.
However If you have money to throw away then by all means ,please enrich the coffers of the Americans and make it more difficult for yoursrlf when u actually have ties.
Meanwhile which course you dey study from 2013 to 2017 when u never graduate?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 8:27pm On May 30, 2017
- WORK = NONE, STILL IN SCHOOL
- FAMILY = NOT MARRIED
- FINANCIAL = NO INCOME
- PROPERTY = NONE
- TRAVEL HISTORY = NONE

IMHO. YOU HAVE NO REASON TO COME BACK TO NIGERIA IN THE EYES OF THE VO.

nonnyblaze:
So i was at the embassy today planning to go for a conference, here is the conversation that ensued
V.O: *cuts in* you are not qualified today for US visa and hands me my passport and the blue letter. N.B She was actually typing most of the time.
I just took it and worked out... No time to feel bad gaan. US fine but E no be heaven.
But what could have gone wrong, could it be age factor, I'm 21 and a student with no job.. Does she think i dont have strong ties here or what??
I hope on re applying again soon as the conference is in August and i have already registered and paid in full for it.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by babbs45: 8:44pm On May 30, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
lol... na so my brother. the denial today plenty oo. if you look at others, you go just dey smile dey go.

I've told them already. Back to business.

You don't mind sharing with the house your interview transcript?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nonnyblaze(m): 8:45pm On May 30, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
- WORK = NONE, STILL IN SCHOOL
- FAMILY = NOT MARRIED
- FINANCIAL = NO INCOME
- PROPERTY = NONE
- TRAVEL HISTORY = NONE

IMHO. YOU HAVE NO REASON TO COME BACK TO NIGERIA IN THE EYES OF THE VO.

Sincerely I am yet to write my degree exams and my project defense in August.. I never intend to stay more than the 7 days written in my DS160.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nonnyblaze(m): 8:48pm On May 30, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@nonnyblaze
Why are you asking the obvious? Why do you want to reapply? U said it yourself. 21. No job. A student. U have no ties. Full stop. There is no benefit a conference can give to a student. The one million other Nigerian students that graduated with ist class, did they go for a conference? If your school had even felt you were a guru and decided to send you for a conference e for make brain.
However If you have money to throw away then by all means ,please enrich the coffers of the Americans and make it more difficult for yoursrlf when u actually have ties.
Meanwhile which course you dey study from 2013 to 2017 when u never graduate?

someone that got into school October 2013 and studying a 4 year course is due to graduate when?? In case it didn't occur to you I'm due to graduate this August.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:57pm On May 30, 2017
nonnyblaze:
Was actually expecting you feel bad about not attending the conference but you said America fine but e no be heaven... Your mindset is to jaaa... when you get to U.S nothing can make you return to naija so the V.O is doing the needful... You're not ready and a lot of student do get visa.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:09pm On May 30, 2017
DO. NOT. APPLY. UNTIL. YOU. HAVE. STRONG. TIES. TO. NIGERIA.

nonnyblaze:

Sincerely I am yet to write my degree exams and my project defense in August.. I never intend to stay more than the 7 days written in my DS160.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ExpressBooking(m): 9:23pm On May 30, 2017
seyewest:

Hope you have travel evidence for this..like a photocopy of the visa,plane ticket etc.

Cant keep that travel evidence since 2012 till date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 9:25pm On May 30, 2017
nonnyblaze:
sorry for that Dear. was is at Abuja or Lag?
was denied today too. but will pen down my petty transcript when I land. on Air now to my USA (United state of Abia).

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nonnyblaze(m): 10:22pm On May 30, 2017
JWTheocracy1:

sorry for that Dear. was is at Abuja or Lag?
was denied today too. but will pen down my petty transcript when I land. on Air now to my USA (United state of Abia).
lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:53pm On May 30, 2017
ExpressBooking:

Cant keep that travel evidence since 2012 till date

Of course you don't have a travel history to those countries as things stand if you don't have evidence, no one's fault. Expunge them from your form. As I careless reach, I still get some handwritten Belview tickets to Ghana (ACC, kotoka Int'l) going back to as far as 2004 sef, plenty Aero and ArikAir ticket before and after that 2004 both for local and JNB international, in short my wife don get visa approval advantage (was yet bearing a different surname from me as at the time of application though we were already married) from some wey I jam wey we take travel around for the times wey we still dey date sef (way older than your 2012, she needed to prove she was my wife and also to show how long we have come). Even pictures no dey? Shebi you sabi these places sha, just in case dem say make dem ask you about dem? Me, you and Nerf fit discuss Dubai now for starters? Most VOs too are well traveled, be aware too. If you have a travel history and its true, it can be proved though.... Then, if it's a lie, you have long shot yourself in the leg if you dare fill it in in your DS160.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 11:02pm On May 30, 2017
nonnyblaze:

someone that got into school October 2013 and studying a 4 year course is due to graduate when?? In case it didn't occur to you I'm due to graduate this August.
So let me get this, you graduate in August but want to go for a conference that's supposed to help you as a student in that same August?
You can feel free to spend another 64k if you so wish... that's if you didn't use an agent cos this conference thingy is their new MO, but I can tell you for free that you don't seem to have ties to Nigeria ATM. Wait until you have strong ties before reapplying
Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by donaldinho111: 12:25am On May 31, 2017
ExpressBooking:

When did you book please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:33am On May 31, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Of course you don't have a travel history to those countries as things stand if you don't have evidence, no one's fault. Expunge them from your form. As I careless reach, I still get some handwritten Belview tickets to Ghana (ACC, kotoka Int'l) going back to as far as 2004 sef, plenty Aero and ArikAir ticket before and after that 2004 both for local and JNB international, in short my wife don get visa approval advantage (was yet bearing a different surname from me as at the time of application though we were already married) from some wey I jam wey we take travel around for the times wey we still dey date sef (way older than your 2012, she needed to prove she was my wife and also to show how long we have come). Even pictures no dey? Shebi you sabi these places sha, just in case dem say make dem ask you about dem? Me, you and Nerf fit discuss Dubai now for starters? Most VOs too are well traveled, be aware too. If you have a travel history and its true, it can be proved though.... Then, if it's a lie, you have long shot yourself in the leg if you dare fill it in in your DS160.

Lolz... Na real Dubai!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tdadz: 6:53am On May 31, 2017
I filled the DS-160 form some 2 weeks ago and I've booked my appointment after paying the GTB fee, however I realized there were a number of errors in the DS-160 form I submitted. If I proceed to fill another form, do I need to cancel the one I submitted earlier as there are no options to cancel the appointment for the already submitted form or I can jst proceed to fill another form just like that?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:31am On May 31, 2017
nonnyblaze:
sorry man. Might have been more convincing to the VO if the your school was sponsoring you to the conference and not your aunty

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ExpressBooking(m): 7:50am On May 31, 2017
donaldinho111:
When did you book please?
booked 22nd May 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dee85: 8:12am On May 31, 2017
I was at the embassy yesterday for my interview 7.15am window 6 (renewal though).My last visa expired 2014 and didn't renew due to one reason or the other before trump came and revert the Dropbox waiver to 12months again.

VO:Good morning and how are you doing this morning (collects my passport)
Me: Fine and you?
VO: Good.(scans passport)
VO: So why are you going to the us
Me: I will be attending an event planning conference and visiting
VO: where ?(types away)
Me: Washington DC
VO:Oh! I see you ve been to the US before..
What did you go for/do?
Me: I went for vacation
VO: How many staff do you have ?(on my ds160form I filled Event planner and manager has occupation and i own the business. Also under how much I earn,I filled in "Does not apply"
Me: Hmmm.. 4 permanent staff and the rest are on-contract
VO; Are you single or married?(still typing)
Me; am married
VO: Do you have children ?
Me: Yes ...two children
VO: Is anyone travelling with you
Me; No..no one at this time
VO; I will be approving your visa.....(circles white paper and hands over to me

Note:We had always applied as a family/group since 2009,so my husband had always been the one to answer questions from the VO with no questions directed at me.
So this was like my first interview personally.
The VO still asked me questions related to my ties home..My husband, children and Business. Meanwhile my husband and children are eligible for Dropbox.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adebaj01: 10:32am On May 31, 2017
Good day everyone, I have been following this thread for some weeks now. I got an interview for 7.15am next week, I want to know if early morning interview is better for those that got experience. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:43am On May 31, 2017
adebaj01:
Good day everyone, I have been following this thread for some weeks now. I got an interview for 7.15am next week, I want to know if early morning interview is better for those that got experience. Thanks.
The best interview is ticking the right box as per ties and connection to Nigeria.. even if you're the last person to be interview on the day so far you have the necessary ties on your side and you can pass your answer across clearly I see no reason why you will be denied.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.