Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1540869 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:23am On Jun 05, 2017
pushy8:

Thanks for your response lady G,
A friend of mine applied with three kids without her husband and she was denied. She got a positive response after she applied again with her hubby..
How would it look if only I and hubby apply..we cant possibly abandon four kids in Nigeria lol.. It's a pity what Nigeria has turned us into..
Personally I can't stand the UK for a myriad of reasons.. So US seems to be my best bet but I don't want to get a refusal and waste my time..
People have applied with different combos and got.
You said your husband wasn't keen on applying and u wanted to apply with a few kids. That prompted my answer. If I was a vo I wouldn't believe u had 4 kids and decided to travel with just a few. So if you are doing u and kids, kuku carry them all. (my humble opinion based on my mind nothing else)
If you want to do the you and hubby combo without kids, folks have also done that.
This is the reason I always preach "read the thread"
If you do you'll see different approaches that folks took. Most important is the fact that any approach you take u must have an explanation.
For example ,I applied alone and when asked why, I replied that hubby and I just came back from UK and he can not take any more time off work.
Some people are un prepared and their answers are unconvincing
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pushy8: 7:39am On Jun 05, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

You said your husband wasn't keen on applying and u wanted to apply with a few kids. That prompted my answer. If I was a vo I wouldn't believe u had 4 kids and decided to travel with just a few. So if you are doing u and kids, kuku carry them all. (my humble opinion based on my mind nothing else)
If you want to do the you and hubby combo without kids, folks have also done that.
If you do you'll see different approaches that folks took. Most important is the fact that any approach you take u must have an explanation.
For example ,I applied alone and when asked why, I replied that hubby and I just came back from UK and he can not take any more time off work.

Good morning.

Thank you so much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:17am On Jun 05, 2017
Ohhhhh. She should still put your name and ur details. And when its ur turn, do d same.
olulumdp:

Thank you....but she is applying first and there is 99% possibility that she will travel before me. I think if she answers yes, then she will need to put my details
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Omolewa101: 9:38am On Jun 05, 2017
Good morning house. I want to apply for a us visit visa, to travel in August. I just wanna go on vacation with my friend who already has a visa and maybe buy stuff for my work. I'm a crafts person. What would I need to tender. I have a registered business. Tho it's a small business not up to one year registered.. How much do I need in my account, and do I need hotel bookings and invitation letter? My friend already has accommodation and I can share with her. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:37am On Jun 05, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Except now for @the bolded and the playing down of Hubby's keenness, I would have suggested she goes on a couples time out vacation with just the less than 2 years old child (her option 1). Morning Sis....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:24am On Jun 05, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Except now for @the bolded and the playing down of Hubby's keenness, I would have suggested she goes on a couples time out vacation with just the less than 2 years old child (her option 1). Morning Sis....
Ibola Chi? (ask google cheesy)
If that combo suit them it's aii. I just have a personal ish about applying for a few and leaving the rest. U know Naija can lie. So VOs have stopped believing us (with good reason). So a vo may think they actually have just one kid and wanna use style run away.
But visa fee cost well now sha sha o!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

If that combo suit them it's aii. I just have a personal ish about applying for a few and leaving the rest. U know Naija can lie. So VOs have stopped believing us (with good reason). So a vo may think they actually have just one kid and wanna use style run away.

Yeah Sis, that's why I actually said "except for @the bolded", I very well dig where you are shooting from, very germaine concern.

I check am for google true true oh cheesy! Ehihie ọma

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MamaOO: 6:32pm On Jun 05, 2017
Good Morning Everybody,

I'd like to make a booking on Qatar Airways from Lagos to LAX for two of my sisters. The trouble is, the prices they are showing is in dollars and I was hoping I can make payment in Naira cos I have money in my Nigerian account. How do you guys pay in Naira with Qatar Airways please? Do I need to call them to make that quote for me or what? Please help me out.

Thanks a lot.
cc Nefertitiam, Sugah, LadyGuinevere, Seyewest, KaptainAfrica and anybody else that has an idea
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by endyendy1: 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2017
MamaOO:
Good Morning Everybody,

I'd like to make a booking on Qatar Airways from Lagos to LAX for two of my sisters. The trouble is, the prices they are showing is in dollars and I was hoping I can make payment in Naira cos I have money in my Nigerian account. How do you guys pay in Naira with Qatar Airways please? Do I need to call them to make that quote for me or what? Please help me out.

Thanks a lot.
cc Nefertitiam, Sugah, LadyGuinevere, Seyewest, KaptainAfrica and anybody else that has an idea

There is a provision for currency conversion in their site. Use it and it will give you the naira equivalent which you will now pay into their bank account with your booking reference no.
They will confirm your payment and send you and e-ticket to your mail
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MamaOO: 6:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
endyendy1:

There is a provision for currency conversion in their site. Use it and it will give you the naira equivalent which you will now pay into their bank account with your booking reference no.
They will confirm your payment and send you and e-ticket to your mail
Thanks a lot. Very grateful
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2017
Good evening house, please for those uh used hotels for their visas is it wise to pick staten island for a location in new york?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 10:39pm On Jun 05, 2017
Good evening house, please for those uh used hotels for their visas is it wise to pick staten island for a location in new york? And can i use a mall as contact organisation?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
mzjennypher:
Good evening house, please for those uh used hotels for their visas is it wise to pick staten island for a location in new york?

Staten Island is in New York na.

Iz like Victoria lsland in Lagos

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
mzjennypher:
Good evening house, please for those uh used hotels for their visas is it wise to pick staten island for a location in new york? And can i use a mall as contact organisation?

Use your hotel as contact organization

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:46pm On Jun 05, 2017
mzjennypher:
Yes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:09am On Jun 06, 2017
mzjennypher:

Mall kwa? Use your hotel oh.... Well, I think it ideal that the best areas to book an hotel as a tourist is close to or right around where the attractions are, at least somewhere central and easy to shoot from, they are not always so so expensive as we conclude, you can get some fairly priced ones when you check and search deeper. Sandton for Johannesburg, Manhattan for New York, Central London for the UK, Downtown Dubai for Dubai, etc. Just my opinion though!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rachie83: 1:16am On Jun 06, 2017
Please house , after the visa payment at gtb can one book an appointment then fill DS160 form later or the form must be filled first? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 2:17am On Jun 06, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Mall kwa? Use your hotel oh.... Well, I think it ideal that the best areas to book an hotel as a tourist is close to or right around where the attractions are, at least somewhere central and easy to shoot from, they are not always so so expensive as we conclude, you can get some fairly priced ones when you check and search deeper. Sandton for Johannesburg, Manhattan for New York, Central London for the UK, Downtown Dubai for Dubai, etc. Just my opinion though!

You'd be paying through your nose for a good hotel in Trump county.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Akintunde77: 5:17am On Jun 06, 2017
Hi All,
Interesting platform and I must say I gained a lot here and I was issued my first US visa on a new passport this year February 2017....I also travelled to Us staying not more than 18days and back in Naija. I also visited Ankara in Turkey for 2days during same trip just to make my passport upgraded in a way.

I work with a multinational company , and would love to go on a vacation with my family for 3weeks towards December 2017.

When applying for my family visas ,do i need to ;

Present my current valid passport with valid US visa ?

Do I need to pay for another visa fee for my self apart from my kids and spouse fees?

On the d day of interview do I need to accompany my family because am sponsoring all?

I need your clarification on the above and I count on you to have a swift feedback.

Thank you.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lagosrd: 6:47am On Jun 06, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Hello gurus in the house. Pls I need your assistance it's urgent.
I duplicated my application on both my yahoo mail and gmail and wasn't able to schedule an interview but was told to mail the front desk which I did. The application on the yahoo mail was eventually mocked off for the gmail one. But the issue here is that I completed my application Ds160 for on yahoo mail and got a different UID code for the application form different from what I have for the schedule appointment.
My question now is that. I have sent them mail again to help me rectify it because I don't want to cancel my appointment again for the second time.
*what do I need to do to ensure I get a speedy harmonization of the UID code?
* how can I proof read my harmonised registration to ensure my passport photograph etc are all intact.
* this is my first time with no travel history, what are my chances although I have good family ties. Married, children, personal business and house all intact.
* a reasonable account balance
* hotel reservation have been made.
Pls I need the front desk number so as to get prepared well. Am almost getting tired of this cos it's taking too long almost contemplating abandoning the stuff but when I say how you guys have been very truthful and blunt I said to myself this is where I should have been. Pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lagosrd: 6:56am On Jun 06, 2017
queenfav:
Oga you can do it yourself. http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp There is a step by step guideline on that page, from buying the form to booking the appointment.

I duplicated my application on both my yahoo mail and gmail and wasn't able to schedule an interview but was told to mail the front desk which I did. The application on the yahoo mail was eventually mocked off for the gmail one. But the issue here is that I completed my application Ds160 for on yahoo mail and got a different UID code for the application form different from what I have for the schedule appointment.
My question now is that. I have sent them mail again to help me rectify it because I don't want to cancel my appointment again for the second time.
* how can I proof read my harmonised registration to ensure my passport photograph etc are all intact.
* this is my first time with no travel history, what are my chances although I have good family ties. Married, children, personal business and house all intact.
Pls I need the front desk number so as to get prepared well. Am almost getting tired of this cos it's taking too long almost contemplating abandoning the stuff but when I say how you guys have been very truthful and blunt I said to myself this is where I should have been. Pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lagosrd: 6:57am On Jun 06, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Yes of course, as of now it may look like you guys would travel at different days, but what of if something changes and you guys travel on together? She should select yes, as she may or may not be travelling with you in the future.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 7:05am On Jun 06, 2017
nefertitiram:

Use your hotel as contact organization

Thank you.From the hotels around there the prices are high, is it safe to use a bed and breakfast house?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 7:24am On Jun 06, 2017
TWoods:

You'd be paying through your nose for a good hotel in Trump county.

@TWoods r u saying i shld just stick to staten island?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ibrocoast: 9:57am On Jun 06, 2017
Hello house.pls I need some advice.
Recently I call the customer care service to correct the name on my appointment which does not tally with the name on my passport.which I have it corrected. IBARAHIM instead of IBRAHIM
Now the issue is, on the appointment,
Applicant name: Aderoju Ibrahim Ayinla (which is tally with the name on my passport).

Appointment made by Aderoju Ibarahim Ayinla (which is wrong). The mistake there was Ibarahim.

My question is. With the analyses stated above. I hope i wont be turn back at the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zolonzo85(m): 10:35am On Jun 06, 2017
Hello house,
please I need your advice,I have been following this thread for sometime now. I intend to apply for a visa to Amercia but I just want to know my chances of getting a visa from the America embassy.I am a nurse working with ministry of health and am married to a nurse as well though she is working with a private firm. We got married this year and we intend spending our annual leave in America. I have a property (house) and a piece of land.please house I want to know if those are enough ties and also my account is not that fat.please I would like to get a candid advice.LadyG what's your take on it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 10:45am On Jun 06, 2017
mzjennypher:

Thank you.From the hotels around there the prices are high, is it safe to use a bed and breakfast house on my application form?

CC @seyewest @LadyGuinivere @OmoBendel24
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by honeyoluwatoyin: 11:38am On Jun 06, 2017
hello house, we are planning a family trip for summer, my mom , kid sister and myself,ive got the visa already,the issue now is do you think its advisable to be the sponsor or my dad? and do i need to give them copy of my visa on the day of interview? my mom has got no travel history but my sister has... would be waiting for ur response..
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kokoboy4life(m): 3:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
[quote author=honeyoluwatoyin post=57244614]hello house, we are planning a family trip for summer, my mom , kid sister and myself,ive got the visa already,the issue now is do you think its advisable to be the sponsor or my dad? and do i need to give them copy of my visa on the day of interview? my mom has got no travel history but my sister has... would be waiting for ur response..
thanks [/quote

Hello Good Day to you, do you have travel history when you had your visa interview if so, did it make any impact on the success of your interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kokoboy4life(m): 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
[quote author=honeyoluwatoyin post=57244614]hello house, we are planning a family trip for summer, my mom , kid sister and myself,ive got the visa already,the issue now is do you think its advisable to be the sponsor or my dad? and do i need to give them copy of my visa on the day of interview? my mom has got no travel history but my sister has... would be waiting for ur response..
thanks [/quote

Hello Good Day to you, do you have travel history when you had your visa interview if so, did it make any impact on the success of your interview because this coming week am going for my Interview but I have no travel history.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by honeyoluwatoyin: 3:53pm On Jun 06, 2017
[quote author=kokoboy4life post=57251929][/quote] yes I'm a frequent traveller.. I would say it has an impact on my visa and at the same time it doesn't matter ... 3 of my close friends got theirs on a virgin passport ..so don't be discouraged...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 5:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
honeyoluwatoyin:
hello house, we are planning a family trip for summer, my mom , kid sister and myself,ive got the visa already,the issue now is do you think its advisable to be the sponsor or my dad? and do i need to give them copy of my visa on the day of interview? my mom has got no travel history but my sister has... would be waiting for ur response..
thanks

Hi,
I think your family should take a copy of your visa along. The VO might not ask for it, but just in case it comes up since it is a family trip. (Hope you have utilized your visa at least once already, in accordance to the application data for which it was granted.)

On whether your dad should sponsor, the gurus here may shed some light; but i think the important thing is that each person qualifies on his/her own merit and ties.
My 2 cents.

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73