Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534692 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by teamman(m): 8:30am On Jun 03, 2017
I have a not been to this section for awhile but let me add my own interview session. The most important thing is to be honest, confident and please America Visa is not a do or die affair. The VO(s) are master psychologists. I was rejected in 2011 with my wife for not having enough ties. We were newly wedded then.

Let me take you back, my international passport was misrepresented with a wrong D.O.B at the immigration office in 2008. I was told l could only change it at renewal. In 2010 l did a name last name change. Fast forward 2011, l was at the American Embassy to get a visa, my application was rejected. I had no child then.

In 2015, my wife applied with my son, for me l was not interested because my ego was deflated. To hell with them l said. They were(wife&son) rejected again. Sorry your visa application can not be granted because you are visiting the same person you claimed was your host in 2011. she(wife) had a conference to attend in 2014, twice her application was rejected.

In 2016, she applied with 2 children after proper research and the application was granted. I still was not interested, however on the 22nd of May l decided to go for the interview:

It was a good day as people were getting their visas, there were some few applicants, that even you knew they were lying( who am l to judge). Those were the handy work of agents, avoid them like a plague.

VO: Goodmorning sir
Me: Goodmorning
VO: Whats the purpose for your visit?
Me: Family Vacation
VO: Occupation
Me: Manger in .................
VO: Have you been to the US before?
Me: No
VO: So can you tell me the type of panels you have in the industry
Me: There are 2 types of panels A and B
VO: where do you source your equipments from:
Me: From xyz company
VO: Why did you leave your former employers in xyz year?
Me: For a better employment offer( i thought l had it all sorted, then the bombshell)
VO: It doesnt make sense, why did you change your last name and DOB
Me: (Confidently l responded but stuttered abit) NIS made a mistake with the D.O.B on my passport and my last name change is a family tradition. I explained how l filed an application for the last name and DOB change, how long it took and the process.
VO: where does your wife work?
Me: xyz company
VO: Do you have any documentation to support the change in last name and DOB. You know it looks suspicious for a male to change identity suddenly. Do you have your birth certificate, your old passport page with former name on it?
Me: I dont have my birth certificate, the old passport with my former last name was taken from me by NIS. However, I have a sworn affidavit for the name change and my marriage certificate.(This was last minute decision that morning). Gave him, the documents and he paused looked at me.( That was the deciding moment, the VO changed his mind about my application.
VO: Do your family have visas ?
Me: Yes and l presented the visa pages to him
VO: I have placed your application on administrative processing, provide us with the copies of birth certificate, change of new documentation and old passport bearing old last name, take them to your collection center with your passport and your visa will be granted in 10 days. Hope you understand that we have to verify that you are who you say you are.
Me: (All the while l wasn't paying attention because all l was focused on was the white paper). Asked him for clarification on my application and was told to read the white paper. Worked out of the embassy without looking back. Mixed fillings.

Approached the CGS guys for clarification again and was wrongly mis informed to schedule another interview without paying any fees since my passport was returned to me. Went home read the white paper, gathered all the required document took it to the collection center, did a dropbox submission and in 6 days, l went to pick up my visa.

Very long epistle right? l wrote this because every applicant has to understand that honesty and confidence his key, explain your circumstance boldly. Make sure when you explain your circumstance even you can understand what you are saying. at some point it felt l was arguing with the VO. Made him understand my circumstance.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by queenfav(f): 8:41am On Jun 03, 2017
lipunchvirus:
please Mrsjohnson22,. can you give me ..email address so you can explain how you fill the form etc... thank you
Oga you can do it yourself. http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp There is a step by step guideline on that page, from buying the form to booking the appointment.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyRia: 11:36am On Jun 03, 2017
Good day please I need help on this over the years I applied thrice and have been rejected tho without my children now I intend to apply with my children husband excluded my mother in law filed for my husband under the f3, married son which has been approved waiting for our priority date to reach. Does it have anything to do with my been refused.
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tdadz: 11:37am On Jun 03, 2017
Dears, pls while filling the DS-160 form, what passport type should one select... is it Regular, Official or Diplomatic?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tdadz: 11:49am On Jun 03, 2017
And also does the passport book number apply to Nigerian passports? If so where is located on the passport...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Mandydaisy: 12:46pm On Jun 03, 2017
Tdadz:
And also does the passport book number apply to Nigerian passports? If so where is located on the passport...

Hello, Passport type is Regular and tick does not apply in the place of passport book number.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tdadz: 12:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
Thanks a lot!

Mandydaisy:

Hello, Passport type is Regular and tick does not apply in the place of passport book number.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by VICTORDEBELS: 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2017
Warm greetings to everyone in the house... I just want to say ‘A big thank you' to those who ask questions and those who answer, all has and shall continue to be very helpful...
.Congratulations to those who got the white paper.
.Success to those who are yet to be interviewed.
.To those who didn't make it through the interview, don't be discouraged, keep your dreams and hope alive and always remember that the lessons we learn from pain are the ones that make us stronger.

May God bless us and our dreams...
May God bless our dear Nairaland...
May God bless Nigeria...
May God bless our planet...

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolawoleoladipo: 4:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hello house. Kindly help with the earliest date to book appoinment in Lagos Embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DIIGZ(m): 5:21pm On Jun 03, 2017
well done everyone for the good work here,please i have an interview on the 21st of this month at lagos consulate,i have hearing loss(mipairment)so i want to go and do cochlear implant in the US,my cousin handling my visa application want to speak for me during the interview but the embassy does not agree,please will there be any help for me in the embassy as i cannot communicate very well because of my hearing loss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
DIIGZ:
well done everyone for the good work here,please i have an interview on the 21st of this month at lagos consulate,i have hearing loss(mipairment)so i want to go and do cochlear implant in the US,my cousin handling my visa application want to speak for me during the interview but the embassy does not agree,please will there be any help for me in the embassy as i cannot communicate very well because of my hearing loss
Sorry about the loss.
However your cousin cannot speak for you. In form the embassy and they will make provisions for you. Do you sign? Let them know.
Really your worry shouldn't be the communication. Last last Una go write am down dey gist. Your worry should be proving you can afford the treatment
God S grace

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by enomakos(m): 8:41pm On Jun 03, 2017
DIIGZ:
communications can't be a problem, if you don't sign ask them to write it down,I am hearing impaired like you too
I wish you goodluck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by idolda: 8:47pm On Jun 03, 2017
Good work
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2017
Mandydaisy:

Is your passport green? or any other type of passport? if it's green Nigeria passport it's regular.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 9:49pm On Jun 03, 2017
lipunchvirus:
thank you ma, I Will just pay for visa fee only noting more than that? Because some agents are telling me to bring huge amount of money

Yes ma,
Only need to pay the visa fee via GTBank. (It was N64,000, last week and should still be.) No other payments. Read bit through the past pages on this thread and you will see why "agents" are to be avoided. Doing it yourself is your best bet.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by osaroblack: 7:00am On Jun 04, 2017
sir,I wish to apply for an American visa with my two boys to attend my sister's wedding in September, my wife already has a visa and because of her work and engagement she can't come with us,will our application be grante
d?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 8:53am On Jun 04, 2017
NO. BUT WAIT. ITS BEEN SAID NO ONE KNOWS YOUR CHANCES. YOU CAN ONLY HELP YOURSELF BY PREPARING WELL FOR YOUR INTERVIEW. FILLING YOUR FORMS HONESTLY. AND HOPE TO MET WITH FAVOUR FROM THE VO. THATS ALL. ACTUALLY ITS ONLY GOD THAT KNOWS.

osaroblack:
sir,I wish to apply for an American visa with my two boys to attend my sister's wedding in September, my wife already has a visa and because of her work and engagement she can't come with us,will our application be grante
d?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by borryworld: 2:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
osaroblack:
d?
Your wife have a visa so she won't be allowed to attend the interview with you (being an adult). I don't really know if you actually stand a chance (God knows all) but you can increase it.
1.Do everything you were told about being honest.
2.Let your wife create time and take the children for their interview first. She will need to take copy of her visa along.
3. Attend your own interview afterwards

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pushy8: 3:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
Hello house,
Good job everyone. I am confused on how to proceed with my visa application and would need some help.

I have been working in a bank for 11 years now, married with four kids. I was denied US visa in 2009.I was single then even though I had a robust travel history.

Now I hope to visit the US for my annual vacation, My hubby is not so keen on it at the moment and I cant afford to go with all the kids. I plan to take one or two of them. I haven't travelled in a while and yearn to do so now.

My Husband has an uncle in the US but from what I have learnt on this thread is to play down ties in the US and they are not even so close.

Please advise who I apply with to Increase my chances of being granted this time around:

1. I, Hubby and my last child(less than two years old).
2.I and two kids.
3. I and hubby.
4. The whole family of six.

Your kind responses will be greatly appreciated.

Gracias.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2017
@pushy8 I can't speak on chances but 11 years in the bank is not moi moi. That is a strong tie. Marriage is a strong tie. Kids are a strong tie.
I advice you apply with ALL your kids and travel with the number of kids you can afford top carry. Husband can count as home tie.

Why? IMO it sounds weird that u will carry some of your kids to Yankee. The VO might just say, if you have financial challenges why not kuku stay home.
Also have a reason for why your hubby ain't travelling with u. The question is expected.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolawoleoladipo: 3:57pm On Jun 04, 2017
Hello house, is it a most to upload passport photo after filling ds160, i thought there was a time its not a necessity, all what the applicant needs to do is take the specified passport foto along for interview. Passprt foto refuse to upload. Help pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olulumdp: 5:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
Happy Sunday to everyone...

Please i will like to know if i can go ahead and book my appointment before completing my DS-160 form 100%?

REASON, I want to take my time feeling the form and i want to quickly secure a nearer date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kokoboy4life(m): 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
Hello house am going for my Visit Visa interview Soon but the issue bothering my mind is that I don't have travel history.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:10pm On Jun 04, 2017
kokoboy4life:
Hello house am going for my Visit Visa interview Soon but the issue bothering my mind is that I don't have travel history.
Eiyaaaaa! Take warm milk so u can sleep....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kokoboy4life(m): 8:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Eiyaaaaa! Take warm milk so u can sleep....

That mean it's a must for someone to have it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nikkycool(f): 8:22pm On Jun 04, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@pushy8 I can't speak on chances but 11 years in the bank is not moi moi. That is a strong tie. Marriage is a strong tie. Kids are a strong tie.
I advice you apply with ALL your kids and travel with the number of kids you can afford top carry. Husband can count as home tie.

Why? IMO it sounds weird that u will carry some of your kids to Yankee. The VO might just say, if you have financial challenges why not kuku stay home.
Also have a reason for why your hubby ain't travelling with u. The question is expected.
Am also in this dillema exactly.But if I apply with 4 kids will we be granted? or is it advisable for whole family to apply?please advice before wasting app fee.Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olulumdp: 10:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1. Call the customer care and get them to attach a new profile to an email address only you can access.
2. Fill in your new form honestly and truthfully. If you are asked about the previous form/interview you didn't attend, tell them what actually happened.
All the best!

Hi KaptainAfrika, trust you are good.

Please advice, my wife and i will be applying and travelling at different time because of my business here in Nigeria. There is a section that says, "ARE THERE OTHER PERSON TRAVELLING WITH YOU?" do you think she should choose YES OR NO?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pushy8: 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
nikkycool:
Am also in this dillema exactly.But if I apply with 4 kids will we be granted? or is it advisable for whole family to apply?please advice before wasting app fee.Thank you.
Thanks for your response lady G,
A friend of mine applied with three kids without her husband and she was denied. She got a positive response after she applied again with her hubby..
How would it look if only I and hubby apply..we cant possibly abandon four kids in Nigeria lol.. It's a pity what Nigeria has turned us into..
Personally I can't stand the UK for a myriad of reasons.. So US seems to be my best bet but I don't want to get a refusal and waste my time..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 10:45pm On Jun 04, 2017
Yes of course, as of now it may look like you guys would travel at different days, but what of if something changes and you guys travel on together? She should select yes, as she may or may not be travelling with you in the future.

olulumdp:

Hi KaptainAfrika, trust you are good.

Please advice, my wife and i will be applying and travelling at different time because of my business here in Nigeria. There is a section that says, "ARE THERE OTHER PERSON TRAVELLING WITH YOU?" do you think she should choose YES OR NO?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olulumdp: 11:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Yes of course, as of now it may look like you guys would travel at different days, but what of if something changes and you guys travel on together? She should select yes, as she may or may not be travelling with you in the future.

Thank you....but she is applying first and there is 99% possibility that she will travel before me. I think if she answers yes, then she will need to put my details
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 1:26am On Jun 05, 2017
LadyRia:
Good day please I need help on this over the years I applied thrice and have been rejected tho without my children now I intend to apply with my children husband excluded my mother in law filed for my husband under the f3, married son which has been approved waiting for our priority date to reach. Does it have anything to do with my been refused.
Thank you

Your husband has an f3 application pending. They will simply deny you again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:10am On Jun 05, 2017
nikkycool:
I have no idea if your will be granted. Only the vo can adjudge your ties and decide.
I only gave my opinion. What I (emphasis on I) would think if someone applied with out all her kids

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.