Stats: 3,155,923 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538065 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Salami71: 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2017
Ibkel:
Hello all. Let me share my own transcripts, but before I start I filled the form and I did not know I had two different bar codes I could not attend my interview that day it was so annoying, I had to go home and pay for a fresh application and reapply for another interview.
VO: Goodmorning where are you travelling to?
Me: Newark, New Jersey
VO: what are you going there for
Me: my brothers wedding
Vo: what does your brother do
Me:blabla
Vo:where does he stay
Me:Newark
Vo:what do you do
Me: am currently doing my National youth service corps programme, that is am serving my country by teaching biology
Vo: so whats your plan after that the programme
Me:To work so so so and also while on the programme of your good the company or school will retain you permanently( that's what the only answer that entered my head quick )
Vo:have you travelled before
Me: yes to London
Vo:how many times and when was the last time you travelled
Me: 4 times and last time was In 2015
Vo: have you travelled with your parents before
Me: no but while I was in london my mum came to meet me
Vo:laughs at the name of the school I was serving then tells me what a funny name for a school.
Me: smiles back at him
Vo: types for a while then he gives me the white paper to go and pick up my visa.

Tapping from your blessing... Congrat

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by windows8: 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2017
Ibkel:
Hello all. Let me share my own transcripts, but before I start I filled the form and I did not know I had two different bar codes I could not attend my interview that day it was so annoying, I had to go home and pay for a fresh application and reapply for another interview.
Vo: types for a while then he gives me the white paper to go and pick up my visa.
Congrats, what are the two different bar codes?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2017
noblealuu:
@constance234 and others compliments.

I need some sincere advice.

A friend/colleague moved to the US in 2014 shortly after we finished our Internship as Medical Laboratory Scientists.

First, what are coming to the USA for? You have to make the decision yourself and not a distant friend.
I will never for any reason support using an agent, most if not all are agents of doom. All the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ibkel: 2:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
windows8:
Congrats, what are the two different bar codes?
The bar code/ confirmation number is gotten when you start filling the form also after completion it's also on the confimation page. The one I had when I started filling the form was different from the one I had after I had finished filling the form. It's usually of this format AA00 with numbers and alphabet.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2017
giftwalter:
Hello guys, I will be collecting my savings from a cooperative before I apply for visa. How do I explain that the money that was sent is mine and not a means of deceit trying to convince the embassy there's enough money in my account?

Pls help
They won't check your bank statement.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Saylawchar(m): 10:24pm On Jul 08, 2017
I have a question, a very good friend of mine got B1/B2 visa for his family and they had earlier planned to go for vacation together but now the wife was called back to work from her place of work place which necessitated her cancellation of movement. she wont be able to make the trip and my friend too doesnt have much time as he managed to secure this very 2 weeks leave, not sure of getting another leave.

He now wants to find out if he can travel alone and return home after his two weeks leave?
Hope he wont be returned at POE if he doesn't enter with his family as planned?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 10:30pm On Jul 08, 2017
1. You can travel and then explain to the CBP officer, why your wife isn't with you.
or
2. Wait and travel with your wife.

Its your choice.

The final decision lies with the CBP officer. You can improve your chances of entry by sticking to what you said at the interview, and being confident, when explaining yourself.

But won't it be more romantic to travel with your wife to the US and give her a special treat. Your visa is valid for two years, you know. grin

Saylawchar:
I have a question, a very good friend of mine got B1/B2 visa for his family and they had earlier planned to go for vacation together but now the wife was called back to work from her place of work place which necessitated her cancellation of movement. she wont be able to make the trip and my friend too doesnt have much time as he managed to secure this very 2 weeks leave, not sure of getting another leave.

He now wants to find out if he can travel alone and return home after his two weeks leave?
Hope he wont be returned at POE if he doesn't enter with his family as planned?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by gomez1only(m): 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm asking this question on behalf of my younger brother in yankee. He got a 2 years US visa in April this year, then travelled in middle of May, on his arrival at the POE, he was told he can only stay in the US until 1st of June 2017 (2wks stay). But, today is 8th of July and he's still in the US. But he plans on leaving by next month to come back to Nigeria. So, we're just scared of what might happen if he wants to return probably by next year. Will it be possible for him to also apply for a visa for his wife & kids? We need advice's please. What's his fate on coming back next year? What will happen to the current 2 years visa?

Abeg, make ona no fry us too much with yabbing o! Just go straight to the point on your advice please, Lol. Thanks in advance!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 11:42pm On Jul 08, 2017
gomez1only:
Hello everyone, I'm asking this question on behalf of my younger brother in yankee. He got a 2 years US visa in April this year, then travelled in middle of May, on his arrival at the POE, he was told he can only stay in the US until 1st of June 2017 (2wks stay). But, today is 8th of July and he's still in the US. But he plans on leaving by next month to come back to Nigeria. So, we're just scared of what might happen if he wants to return probably by next year. Will it be possible for him to also apply for a visa for his wife & kids? We need advice's please. What's his fate on coming back next year? What will happen to the current 2 years visa?

Abeg, make ona no fry us too much with yabbing o! Just go straight to the point on your advice please, Lol. Thanks in advance!
First thing he has to do is check the validity of his I-94 on the CBP website. If he was granted 2 weeks then there is a big problem, but if he was granted the normal 6 months stay, then advised not to stay longer than 2 weeks there is a problem but lighter.
He has all these plans for his wife snd kids, yet he could not stick with the original days granted and return home.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by naijarazzi: 1:42am On Jul 09, 2017
Hello guys,

I will like to give kudos to everyone that has contributed on this thread.

Please I just booked my interview against august. I'm going for a conference. Is it advisable I pay for the conference? Will it up my chance of getting a visa. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ladylco: 10:53am On Jul 09, 2017
[quote author= post=58268134]Hello guys,

I will like to give kudos to everyone that has contributed on this thread.

Please I just booked my interview against august. I'm going for a conference. Is it advisable I pay for the conference? Will it up my chance of getting a visa. Thanks[/quote

It is only the VO that can determine your chance, you can pay for the conference if it is cancellable in case you are not granted visa

All the best
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 12:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
Based on what you have written here, there IS a problem
He was stamped in for two weeks, but felt it was okay to stay an additional three weeks (and counting).
There is a reason the CBP officer decides to stamp a visitor in for just two weeks rather than the normal 6 months.
Sometimes it's a compromise solution instead of turning you back.
Your bros just failed a simple credibility test.
Oh, and yes, going strictly by what you've posted here, he has overstayed his visa. Ergo, he has broken US immigration law

gomez1only:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
Zilifish:
Pls once i get the US visa. What jobs can I do without legal papers. I want to give this a trial cos naija is not working out.

You go fit wash dead body?

If not, you can try stripper.

Berra keep your 65k visa fee and 500k tkt fees. Walahi, you will be able to start fish farming with that money.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Saylawchar(m): 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
Many thanks.... you said it all. Would tell him all you have said

[Qquote author=KaptainAfrika post=58265382]1. You can travel and then explain to the CBP officer, why your wife isn't with you.
or

Its your choice.

The final decision lies with the CBP officer. You can improve your chances of entry by sticking to what you said at the interview, and being confident, when explaining yourself.

But won't it be more romantic to travel with your wife to the US and give her a special treat. Your visa is valid for two years, you know. grin

[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Saylawchar(m): 10:29pm On Jul 09, 2017
Noted and thanks.... would deliver your message to him

KaptainAfrika:
1. You can travel and then explain to the CBP officer, why your wife isn't with you.
or

Its your choice.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hi everyone, please can I get US visa with a virgin passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:20pm On Jul 09, 2017
Zenna:
Yes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 11:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
Zenna:

bring your virgin passport and yourself make I disvirgin am for you..

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Stanleych007: 12:03am On Jul 10, 2017
def111:

Your sarcasm on this thread is not only dry and unnecessary but childish

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kokoboy4life(m): 9:48am On Jul 10, 2017
nefertitiram:

You go fit wash dead body?

If not, you can try stripper.

Berra keep your 65k visa fee and 500k tkt fees. Walahi, you will be able to start fish farming with that money.

So you mean all people that used B1/B2 Visa to get US are all washing dead bodies and doing strippers? Pls I want to hear more

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rachie83: 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
Please what is passport number trying filling my DS 160 form?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2017
kokoboy4life:

So you mean all people that used B1/B2 Visa to get US are all washing dead bodies and doing strippers? Pls I want to hear more

Bros, leave me o!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2017
def111:

just buy her ticket to dubai, first class!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lexyj123(f): 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello house, i have a feeling that mentioning sanctuary cities as destination in the US raises the VO's eye brow. this may not be 100% accurate though but can we pay attention and have a reasonable observation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
nefertitiram:

just buy her ticket to dubai, first class!
if she go follow me to Cotonou, first class seat on a road journey...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2017
gomez1only:

You are asking a question that the answer is clear and you are asking for no yabbing. And then you guys hope there won't be any consequences to his actions.
That is Nigerians ' problem. We hope there won't be consequences for actions. He broke the Law..... And you are wondering what will happen.
OK let me answer. Hel be given a medal of honor and Akara .
Yes. It won't affect his family. Likely they'll be given a 10 year visa because they have shown they can be trusted
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:22pm On Jul 10, 2017
9jaStar:
Based on what you have written here, there IS a problem
He was stamped in for two weeks, but felt it was okay to stay an additional three weeks (and counting).
There is a reason the CBP officer decides to stamp a visitor in for just two weeks rather than the normal 6 months.
Sometimes it's a compromise solution instead of turning you back.
Your bros just failed a simple credibility test.
Oh, and yes, going strictly by
what you've posted here, he has overstayed his visa. Ergo, he has broken US immigration law

Azzin! A trap was set. He didn't ask for solutions BEFORE. He didn't try to get an extension. He cross leg dey wait for miracle. OK. Next thing Na folks will start praying for favor
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by babababa1: 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
it is your international passport number
Rachie83:
Please what is passport number trying filling my DS 160 form?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
lexyj123:
Hello house, i have a feeling that mentioning sanctuary cities as destination in the US raises the VO's eye brow. this may not be 100% accurate though but can we pay attention and have a reasonable observation.

All popular cities in USA are sanctuary cities, NY, Chicago, San Francisco, Ohio. It doesnt matter anymore though grin, there is a new sherriff in town.

[b][/b]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Azzin! A trap was set. He didn't ask for solutions BEFORE. He didn't try to get an extension. He cross leg dey wait for miracle. OK. Next thing Na folks will start praying for favor

Ah yam not even understanding the guy sef! Lemme drink coke so that I will not yab

There is no solution. He should come home and kiss America goodbye, because he can never ever ever get back into the country
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Slaw12: 1:48pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello everyone,my interview is next week and I have got a funny question to ask...Can I pocket my hands( in my trousers) when am with the VO? Am just used to doing it so I want to knw if the vo won't think that am rude or sometimes.. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ladylco: 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2017
nefertitiram:

Ah yam not even understanding the guy sef! Lemme drink coke so that I will not yab

There is no solution. He should come home and kiss America goodbye, because he can never ever ever get back into the country

It's not that bad! Haba!

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74