Stats: 3,155,888 members, 7,828,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1537993 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:48am On Jul 11, 2017
9jaStar:
Biko dress, let me join yansh for the bench.
Me sef I am interested in the answer

There are many ways to skin a cat
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 7:48am On Jul 11, 2017
ZinoIce:

Thanks for your response.

I will appreciate if you could share your interview experience.

Kind regard

Interview 7:30am - 23rd June

VO: What's your occupation
Me: I'm the ..... @ .....

VO: Have you travelled before
Me: No

VO: Why do I intend going to Nevada?
Me: Will be attending the.....conference

VO:What applications do you use?
Me: Mentioned applications

VO: Who is be paying for the travel?
Me: The office is paying for the trip

VO: What improvement do you intend achieving attending the conference?
Me: Do you mean personally or in use of the applications (he repeated the question & I told him if he could please be direct with the question as I didn't understand what he was asking)

VO: How long have you worked there?
Me: 2 years by August

VO: How much is the conference?
Me: ...there about

VO: Have you ever travelled before?
Me: No

VO: Your visa as been approved, this form will inform you on how to collect your passport.
Me: Thank you very much.

PS. Befr I began,
Me: Excuse me please, I stammer & I hope that wouldn't be a problem?
VO: That shouldn't be a problem, in as much as you stammer in English.
(we both laughed)

Also, Virgin Passport & first travel (using a passport).

God was and still remains faithful, thanks everyone for the info

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Adogbejiomoefe(m): 12:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
Thanks but remember I said she's not working but the mother does can she file for me using the mother statement of account
Can she file for a visit visa for through an immigration lawyer? As the fiancé visa takes time like a year plus and will it be possible as she has not come to Nigeria before thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
Adogbejiomoefe:
Thanks but remember I said she's not working but the mother does can she file for me using the mother statement of account
Can she file for a visit visa for through an immigration lawyer? As the fiancé visa takes time like a year plus and will it be possible as she has not come to Nigeria before thank you

If you are married to her, I think her mother can.

Visit visa is a tall order knowing you are an immigration risk.

She should come over and marry you then file for you

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Adogbejiomoefe(m): 12:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
Oh I see so once we married the mother can help file for me to come over can we get married in any country or just Nigeria I really know a lot I was thinking of going to Mexico so we can get married there and come back to Nigeria as she don't like to come to Nigeria
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
Adogbejiomoefe:
Oh I see so once we married the mother can help file for me to come over can we get married in any country or just Nigeria I really know a lot I was thinking of going to Mexico so we can get married there and come back to Nigeria as she don't like to come to Nigeria

Marriage is marriage anywhere. Just get married and take pictures. Why is she afraid of coming to Nigeria? You can get married in Dubai. It's closer and easier to access
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Propertyeighty: 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hello house
I intend applying for a visa to a confrence soon but i want to make the interview early enough,the confrence fee is on the high side which will take me some months to get.
My question: Having details of the event,can i proceed for the interview?
A friend said i can proceed,but what if the VO ask for an evidence of payment for the confrence.
I want to be careful,please advise?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beautyaddy: 3:19pm On Jul 11, 2017
Adogbejiomoefe:

Quick question, how old is this lady? She alone can file for you if she is 21 years of age and above. Also she needs to have some kind of income to sponsor you for any kind of immigrant visa. Being a dependent on her mom reduces the chances of the immigrant visa she's going to file for you being approved.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Adogbejiomoefe(m): 6:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
Are you trying to say the marriage is the only sure thing can make her file for me with the help of her mother beside she don't stay with her mum she's got other kids but the mum said she will help me in coming to America so I can see my child and raise her up
What would be the advantage of my child as an American citizen ? My baby mama was thinking of filing for me with out marriege is that possible
Can't she file stating I am finically stable and am coming to take care of them ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MamaOO: 6:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
Beautyaddy:

Quick question, how old is this lady? She alone can file for you if she is 21 years of age and above. Also she needs to have some kind of income to sponsor you for any kind of immigrant visa. Being a dependent on her mom reduces the chances of the immigrant visa she's going to file for you being approved.

This is a HUGE lie!! Please top misleading people, ha!! shocked even if the wife is not working as long as his mother-in-law works and meets the income requirement (125% of the normal income requirements) and which in this case as a family of four is $30,750. She can sign the papers and act as the co-sponsor for his immigrant visa.
The wife will fill out an Affidavit of support as the primary petitioner while the mother needs to fill out an Affidavit of Support as a Joint Sponsor. This does not in ANY WAY affect his chance of being approved for an immigrant visa AT ALL!!!. I have seen several people go this route and they have all gotten their Green Cards and subsequently US Citizenship after 3 years.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MamaOO: 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2017
Adogbejiomoefe:
Are you trying to say the marriage is the only sure thing can make her file for me with the help of her mother beside she don't stay with her mum she's got other kids but the mum said she will help me in coming to America so I can see my child and raise her up
What would be the advantage of my child as an American citizen ? My baby mama was thinking of filing for me with out marriege is that possible
Can't she file stating I am finically stable and am coming to take care of them ?
@bolded.... are you trying to shy away from marrying your baby mama? Which kain job you get wey you wan go America go take care of girlfriend and daughter? Which can category of visa is that one called? Nope. You have to marry her before she can file any immigrant petition for you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
Adogbejiomoefe:
Oga. The answer to your question lies in just a quick research.
What is the criteria for one to sponsor another person?
Is baby father to a child under 21 or 18 one of them?
Is grandma to baby of baby father one of them?
Is baby sitter one of them?
When you see the rules in black and white then you will know whether it's possible to cut corners.
Meany you are on the wrong thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
MamaOO:

@bolded.... are you trying to shy away from marrying your baby mama? Which kain job you get wey you wan go America go take care of girlfriend and daughter? Which can category of visa is that one called? Nope. You have to marry her before she can file any immigrant petition for you
It's called "biological parent visa " or " I want to eat my cake and still have it visa" .
lipsrsealed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Adogbejiomoefe(m): 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
Am asking because I wanna know if marrying her will be the only way that's not a problem but she's scared coming to Nigeria that's why we met in South Africa were I reside and I came to Nigeria when she put to birth.
Since she don't wanna come to Nigeria were would you think will be the best place to get married to her.
What about getting married when I get there I really don't understand how this this things runs she's scared of coming thinking my baby will be taken away from her here lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beautyaddy: 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2017
MamaOO:

This is a HUGE lie!! Please top misleading people, ha!! shocked even if the wife is not working as long as his mother-in-law works and meets the income requirement (125% of the normal income requirements) and which in this case as a family of four is $30,750. She can sign the papers and act as the co-sponsor for his immigrant visa.
The wife will fill out an Affidavit of support as the primary petitioner while the mother needs to fill out an Affidavit of Support as a Joint Sponsor. This does not in ANY WAY affect his chance of being approved for an immigrant visa AT ALL!!!. I have seen several people go this route and they have all gotten their Green Cards and subsequently US Citizenship after 3 years.

Okay, I don't know where in my statement I am misleading anyone. How can someone not working and that means that she is depending on the government for some kind of income now petition an immigrant visa for anyone. I hope that you are aware that new immigrants into the U.S. cannot obtain or depend on the government for at least till after a year or two. Now like I stated earlier if his baby mama is earning some kind of income maybe through part time work even if her income is not enough to sponsor the person she's petitioning for a co-sponsor can help with the affidavit of support to allow the petition eventually approved.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:08pm On Jul 11, 2017
MamaOO:

Thank you oooo!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:11pm On Jul 11, 2017
Adogbejiomoefe:
Am asking because I wanna know if marrying her will be the only way that's not a problem but she's scared coming to Nigeria that's why we met in South Africa were I reside and I came to Nigeria when she put to birth.
Since she don't wanna come to Nigeria were would you think will be the best place to get married to her.
What about getting married when I get there I really don't understand how this this things runs she's scared of coming thinking my baby will be taken away from her here lol

She can come without the baby and marry you here then go back and start paperwork.

I don't understand how two people will be in love and you don't want to go to his country even if it just to see his face when every evening I'm outside the gate waiting for my lover to return from work.

If he travels just for one night I will not be able to sleep till he comes back. Forgive me, I don't understand how long distance works angry

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daffizo12(m): 9:21pm On Jul 11, 2017
I recieved a text message that my passport I ready at lagos,i am in delta state at the moment.i want to know if It can be dhl to benin so that I can pick it up
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
nefertitiram:

She can come without the baby and marry you here then go back and start paperwork.

I don't understand how two people will be in love and you don't want to go to his country even if it just to see his face when every evening I'm outside the gate waiting for my lover to return from work.

If he travels just for one night I will not be able to sleep till he comes back. Forgive me, I don't understand how long distance works angry

Nef but you spent 1 month in Houston watching trains... grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Green101bl: 10:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=38856730]Welcome to part 2 of this thread, part 1 is now boggy and too long for newbies to read through. (Although the info there is priceless and Must/Ought to be read by any serious applicant.
For enquiries relating to likely interview questions and self evaluation, kindly go through both parts 1 and 2 of this thread so you have a fair knowledge of answers to such questions.

Kindly note that this is a do it yourself thread. Nobody here is an agent. Nobody is a VO, hence cannot authoritatively predict your chances of visa success .

Happy reading and good luck to all the honest visa seekers!

Please see part 1 here for reference:
https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/322#38856287

Due to the fact that some questions are frequently asked, repeated and retreated, the links to the questions are contained herein for easy reference
For instructions and documents required for the application
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

To book appointment and fill DS 160
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//niv_appointmnent_instructions.html

Note:The steps for the whole process is set out step by step. For your own good, adhere. If not, a possibility exists that the final ds 160 number will be different from the one used to book the appointment . Applicants in those situations will neither be allowed to enter the embassy nor will they be interviewed.
In the event of such an occurence, kindly call/email the embassy to sort it out .

Peraventure you wish to change a detail in an already submitted ds 160, fill a new one, submit and call/email the embassy

For US embassy contact Nos and email
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile/contact.html

For video interviews with actual VOs on frequently asked Questions
https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/180#47174473

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/s/%23AsktheVOs

For sample transcripts of some interviews (as posted by the users of this thread) Please check this link https://www.nairaland.com/download/4692218

Finally, Lying on your ds 160 or during the interview is misrepresentation and a crime. This thread's aim is not to teach / coach applicants on how to lie. The truth is ALWAYS the best course of action no matter the situation. Please DO NOT ask about how to misrepresent on this thread.

Thank you.

Lady G for General

Hello all'

Pls I need a guild line and advice from all naira landers,..I work and live in qatar for years now with average income ..I plan to marry my fiance few months from now and relocate to united states with her

Here are the areas i need clarification for .

1. What kind of America Visa will I apply for both of us and the document that will be required.

2. What will be requirement to guarantee the visa as my wife to be has no travelling experinece so far.

3 how Long with the application process take prior to grating the visa and all

Please I kindly need your honest advice ..

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
[quote author=Green101bl post=58362978][/quote]
Hope you have a work line up for you in U.S?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
seyewest:

Nef but you spent 1 month in Houston watching trains... grin

Actually 5mths in Chicago watching FBIs most wanted. The trains were an after thought

I was carrying his baby. The distance was a necessary evil and I hated every minute of it. Once baby show, na Lagos I de see so!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beautyaddy: 10:53pm On Jul 11, 2017
seyewest:

Hope you have a work line up for you in U.S?

Correct.

He will have to research of any kind of job in the U.S. that will file the H-1B visa(employer visa) on his behalf.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Adogbejiomoefe(m): 11:22pm On Jul 11, 2017
Okay thank y'all for the advice and hopes I really appreciate it thank y'all
Was planning of see my baby baby before her one year birthday wish is December 25th this year
What can I do to make it possible to be there with my wife's paper work can't I make my own plans here and can some one help me out with a good connect
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 12:34am On Jul 12, 2017
She can petition for a fiance visa for you, but you will have to get married within 90 days of your arrival in the USA

Adogbejiomoefe:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 12:37am On Jul 12, 2017
Not true.

She can file, and her mum (who appears to be willing, based on information available) can file as joint-sponsor provided she (or both of them combined) meet the income requirement of 125% over the poverty limit.

And no, as long as they meet that requirement, her not working does not reduce the chances of the petitioning approved, as long as they can prove they are legally and genuinely married

Beautyaddy:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 12:42am On Jul 12, 2017
You are right, but take it easy with the tone of your response.

Only one other thing I will add here. Based on what I see above, this is more than a family of four. That number appears to be the minimum as he says "she has other children". Not sure if he is referring to the lady or her mum.

If it is her mum, as long as they are not dependent on her, its fine.

MamaOO:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 12:44am On Jul 12, 2017
You can take the chance and apply for an NIV.
Who knows, you might get it, if you can overcome the huge hurdle ahead you.
My advise would be for you to get her to file the IV petition, then apply for your NIV

Adogbejiomoefe:
Okay thank y'all for the advice and hopes I really appreciate it thank y'all
Was planning of see my baby baby before her one year birthday wish is December 25th this year
What can I do to make it possible to be there with my wife's paper work can't I make my own plans here and can some one help me out with a good connect
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Oyinola87: 2:04am On Jul 12, 2017
H
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 3:25am On Jul 12, 2017
Oyinola87:
morning everyone,
Please if I have uploaded my passport photograph on the ds-160 form, do I still need to take a passport photograph along? I am doing drop box.. thank you very much.
Yes, 2 current passport photos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MamaOO: 4:20am On Jul 12, 2017
Beautyaddy:

Okay, I don't know where in my statement I am misleading anyone. How can someone not working and that means that she is depending on the government for some kind of income now petition an immigrant visa for anyone. I hope that you are aware that new immigrants into the U.S. cannot obtain or depend on the government for at least till after a year or two. Now like I stated earlier if his baby mama is earning some kind of income maybe through part time work even if her income is not enough to sponsor the person she's petitioning for a co-sponsor can help with the affidavit of support to allow the petition eventually approved.
Google is your friend. I suggest you read extensively then come back and tell me what I know. Even if the babymama doesn't work. So far the co-sponsor works and makes the minimum required for sponsorship, then no problem.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MamaOO: 4:21am On Jul 12, 2017
9jaStar:
You are right, but take it easy with the tone of your response.

Only one other thing I will add here. Based on what I see above, this is more than a family of four. That number appears to be the minimum as he says "she has other children". Not sure if he is referring to the lady or her mum.

If it is her mum, as long as they are not dependent on her, its fine.

Did I insult or denigrate her in any manner?? Please point to where I did.

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75