Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533262 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olu101: 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2017
Good Afternoon Everyone.

Trust we are all having a good day!

I need an advice... I applied for US visiting visa with my wife in Oct 2015 and we were refused. Then my uncle invited us.

Fastward to this year. My wife applied alone for Medical visa (to give birth) in June and was refused.

My question...
I have travelled to the UK and currently have a valid visa, I have been to Spain, Ghana, Togo and Benin Rep.

I intend applying alone now cos my wife is heavily pregnant.

I have some family issue with my uncle so he won't be inviting me this time... so I am thinking of getting my friend to invite me or book an hotel accomodatoon.

*Will it be a problem if he is not the one inviting me this time? If it won't be a problem, .can i book hotel accommodation or get my friend to invite me.

Note
My my uncle lives in Maryland and my friend lives in Arizona.

Please advice. Thank you everyone and God bless.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2017
1. Have you or you wife apply before October 2015? and if so, did you use an agent in filling your form? if you did, did you ensure that information was truthful?
2. What are your ties to Nigeria? Do a self-assessment.
3. No one looks at your documents.
4. If you included your uncle as a contact in your form, do you know how he got into the US?

olu101:
Good Afternoon Everyone.

I need an advice... I applied for US visiting visa with my wife in Oct 2015 and we were refused. Then my uncle invited us.

Fastward to this year. My wife applied alone for Medical visa (to give birth) in June and was refused.

My question...
I have travelled to the UK and currently have a valid visa, I have been to Spain, Ghana, Togo and Benin Rep.

I have some family issue with my uncle so he won't be inviting me this time... so I am thinking of getting my friend to invite me or book an hotel accomodatoon.

*Will it be a problem if he is not the one inviting me this time? If it won't be a problem, .can i book hotel accommodation or get my friend to invite me.

Note

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olu101: 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2017
Thank you KaptainAfrika... in response to your questions:
1: 2015 was out first application to the US and we didn't use an agent in the applications we've made
2: I have a wife and i have a media (Tv content developer) and entertainment business and registered - which is doing well (however that was not the business I was doing in 2015 when I applied)
3: Yes I understand your point
4: I only use my uncle as contact in our application in 2015 only. To be sincere, I am not sure how he got into the US. There is no way to even ask him now as we are not in good terms.

Please advice more.... Thank you so much.

KaptainAfrika:
1. Have you or you wife apply before October 2015? and if so, did you use an agent in filling your form? if you did, did you ensure that information was truthful?
2. What are your ties to Nigeria? Do a self-assessment.
3. No one looks at your documents.
4. If you included your uncle as a contact in your form, do you know how he got into the US?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by reloaded11: 3:10pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hello all.
I'm in process of renewing my b1/b2 visa that was expired March 2017, which has been used twice.
I intend to secure b1/b2 visa for my wife and daughter as well for family vacation, i know they will have to go for interview because they have not been to the USA before. My question is. Do i need to go with them for the interview? or i should just do a Dropbox for my re-newer and let them go for their interview aftermath?
Please, i need more advice and steps to take before proceeding further, Lastly our last vacation was last year October/November to South Africa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
9jaStar:
I figured

I think I have seen you on my TL somewhere

hnmmmm really okay now.. hope it's for something good.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abujaniv: 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hello olu101 -

As it is your burden to prove that you are entitled to the visa, I do not mean to give advice as to how you choose to meet that burden, but honestly, we care a lot more about you and your ties to Nigeria than we do about who has invited you.

olu101:
Good Afternoon Everyone.

My question...

Note

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LecturerIFE: 9:15pm On Jul 25, 2017
LecturerIFE:
Hello guys, good work you are doing here.

I need some clarifications for my girlfriend as she plans going for a vacation sometime in December. Is it possible for her to change her travel plan after submitting the DS-160 form online? Note that she has used the same application code to book an appointment. Specifically, she wants to change where she will stay during her visit.... and I have read that it's not possible to edit travel plan. She had initially put a hotel address as her place of stay but she wants to change it to her relative's (not immediate but a 'distant' one) address, whom she mentioned as her contact person.

If for some reason the travel plan cannot be changed, does she need to go with a hotel reservation to the interview?

Help please embarassed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ladylco: 11:18pm On Jul 25, 2017
reloaded11:
Hello all.
I'm in process of renewing my b1/b2 visa that was expired March 2017, which has been used twice.
I intend to secure b1/b2 visa for my wife and daughter as well for family vacation, i know they will have to go for interview because they have not been to the USA before. My question is. Do i need to go with them for the interview? or i should just do a Dropbox for my re-newer and let them go for their interview aftermath?
Please, i need more advice and steps to take before proceeding further, Lastly our last vacation was last year October/November to South Africa.

Do you renewal via dropbox and let your wife and kid go for their interview afterwards

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by luckyef: 2:49am On Jul 26, 2017
Hey guys,I based in usa since 3 years now ,iqm trying to invite my sister ,for Vacation visit ,she is married ,with kid,she never travel before ,she will be applying via abuja ,what's her chances? Iqm green card holder ,I will like my usa wife to invite her,but just don't know how it's works ,cause I came here a immigrants visa ,will like someone who has been to the embassy advice me ,pls iqm nt always here,dumbiriman@gmail.com thanks broda, America make sense, but u need to go to school before u can really make that dream come true
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 6:42am On Jul 26, 2017
Nobody needs to invite anybody. And nobody will give you an chances.
Read through this thread from page 1 or ask her to read the thread herself

luckyef:
Hey guys,I based in usa since 3 years now ,iqm trying to invite my sister ,for Vacation visit ,she is married ,with kid,she never travel before ,she will be applying via abuja ,what's her chances? Iqm green card holder ,I will like my usa wife to invite her,but just don't know how it's works ,cause I came here a immigrants visa ,will like someone who has been to the embassy advice me ,pls iqm nt always here,dumbiriman@gmail.com thanks broda, America make sense, but u need to go to school before u can really make that dream come true
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olu101: 7:29am On Jul 26, 2017
Hello, has she scheduled an appointment already?

Option 1: If yes, I think she has to go with the hotel accommodation she booked

Option 2: if no, then she can re-fill another form entirely with the information she intend using and let go of the first one.

Option 3: However, I also *Think* one can cancel an appointment after one is made, this is if you have made one then re-fill the form and book another appointment. (You have to confirm this option 3 from someone else as I am not too sure)

I hope this helps.
Cheers
LecturerIFE:

Help please embarassed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Habisoye: 10:32am On Jul 26, 2017
Abeg help me oo, my interview is next week friday and i don do error for my form.

i filled Museum address as place of stay and contact address in the U.S instead of the hotel address.
Please gurus in the house,
1. is there a way i can resolve this on the form
2. And if i fill a new form and disregard the old form, how would i sort out the issue of barcode, cos am sure it won't match with the appointment confirmation again?
2. Or i can go to the interview like that and defend it claiming it's an error when i was filling the form?
3. Wont this hinder my interview success, cos i know 'where will you be staying in the US?' is usually a common question.

Please Gurus, help me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daewoorazer(m): 11:31am On Jul 26, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Lady G... Thumbs

I am attending a 3days symposium related to my career and I am being sponsored by my office (govt). As at the time of application, I was single but now married (I filled single in my DS160)

Docs I have with me :

1. letter of Introduction from the department I work With stating to sponsor me
2. Hotel reservation from bookingdotcom
3. My statement of acct. with enough balance

Question: can I tell d VO that I recently got married or do I have to change some things before the interview.

Also, what other docs do u think I need since its d govt sponsoring me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kaynine59(m): 12:24pm On Jul 26, 2017
Thanks bro... Na tourism... I went for the interview already... White paper things...am greatful to God
seyewest:

Are you going to US for conference,tourism or medical?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kaynine59(m): 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
Advice for anyone trying to get a visa... Do it ur self....agents aren't the VO.... Believe me.... Just have strong ties here or any oda Place and you are good to go.

U musnt be married as well to get a visa... I am single and went as one.

Just be confident, talk less and answer ur questions swiftly... God will meet u and do u well... God bless

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kaynine59(m): 1:01pm On Jul 26, 2017
No one has time to be checking your docs. It may not even be needed. Do a self assessmentand pray... Practice what ud llikely be asked... Why r u goin and what r u going to do. What do u do for a living. The VO already knows if ud be given or not from the ds160... Pray.... It is well with u... Shalom
daewoorazer:

Lady G... Thumbs

I am attending a 3days symposium related to my career and I am being sponsored by my office (govt). As at the time of application, I was single but now married (I filled single in my DS160)

Docs I have with me :

Question: can I tell d VO that I recently got married or do I have to change some things before the interview.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kaynine59(m): 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2017
Whatever u do pls don't mention to the VO u made a mistake pls.. Ud be taken as unserious. Go for ur interview. I feel they know u filled a museum already by now. Just mention ur hotel name.. If de dnt ask further abt this pls don't over talk and over explain. Answer only what u r asked... Go and prosper... Shalom
Habisoye:
Abeg help me oo, my interview is next week friday and i don do error for my form.

i filled Museum address as place of stay and contact address in the U.S instead of the hotel address.
Please gurus in the house,
1. is there a way i can resolve this on the form
2. And if i fill a new form and disregard the old form, how would i sort out the issue of barcode, cos am sure it won't match with the appointment confirmation again?
2. Or i can go to the interview like that and defend it claiming it's an error when i was filling the form?
3. Wont this hinder my interview success, cos i know 'where will you be staying in the US?' is usually a common question.

Please Gurus, help me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
kaynine59:
Thanks bro... Na tourism... I went for the interview already... White paper things...am greatful to God
Great cheesy

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jj17cv(m): 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
seyewest:
Great cheesy
daewoorazer:

Lady G... Thumbs

Docs I have with me :

@Daewoorazer fingers cheesy

If your circumstance changed from the time you got married then it has changed and any thing u say to the contrary is misrepresentation.
If you can change the form, do so. If not, when asked answer that youre married but this happened after u submitted the ds 160. But I strongly suggest you fill another form because spouse details is key and I (if I were a vo) would refuse you on that grounds because Nigerians are mostly shady
#Documents . Read the thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daewoorazer(m): 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

@Daewoorazer fingers cheesy

If your circumstance changed from the time you got married then it has changed and any thing u say to the contrary is misrepresentation.
If you can change the form, do so. If not, when asked answer that youre married but this happened after u submitted the ds 160. But I strongly suggest you fill another form because spouse details is key and I (if I were a vo) would refuse you on that grounds because Nigerians are mostly shady
#Documents . Read the thread

Does this mean another appointment date? Because I can't afford that, else I'm gonna miss d symposium....

You haven't answered if I need another doc since d govt is sponsoting
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
kaynine59:
Whatever u do pls don't mention to the VO u made a mistake pls.. Ud be taken as unserious. Go for ur interview. I feel they know u filled a museum already by now. Just mention ur hotel name.. If de dnt ask further abt this pls don't over talk and over explain. Answer only what u r asked... Go and prosper... Shalom
Really? Really?
I need you to cover every angle before you dispense advice. The application process and success depends on more than the physical interview.
Now I ask. Which is better? That the applicant acknowledges he made a mistake while filling the form and shows he is actively researching or the vo looks at the address, Google's it and denies the applicant for "lack of knowledge " without telling him?

In a previous reply u told a poster that the vo already knows who he will approve before hand. How does he reach that conclusion? From the ds160 abi?
Not meant to be rude. Just to remind you to be analytical in your advice.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
daewoorazer:

Does this mean another appointment date? Because I can't afford that, else I'm gonna miss d symposium....

You haven't answered if I need another doc since d govt is sponsoting
Yes I am aware of that fact. Reason being that the answer to that question is on literally every page on this thread and I don't answer questions the poster can dig out.
Check the ist page of this thread for the answer to both questions. In the introductory post by myself
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daewoorazer(m): 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Yes I am aware of that fact. Reason being that the answer to that question is on literally every page on this thread and I don't answer questions the poster can dig out.
Check the ist page of this thread for the answer to both questions. In the introductory post by myself

haaa... oga... that'd be suicide....just help and give d advice here.. It'd benefit newbies since this is d most recent page. Going thru 454 pages? Haba.. Consider us
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daewoorazer(m): 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

ND most of the links you posted on d first page are expired.. U may try it out too
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yusuf1743: 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2017
Pls house am begging u all in name of God, dont let me loose this 64000 without passing through any interview ..... Pls help me out because am new and l wanted to try my luck because no one can tell.

The barcode on my appointment confirmation is different from the one l have on my confirmation page.... Because l filled it twice and l dont know how the barcode changed because l summited only one but the one l summited to my surprised they say its not the one l book appointment with.

My question is : Will l fill another ds 160 afresh and now used a new barcode different from those two barcode l have with me already to reschedule my appointment and if l do it like this wont they ask me to make another payment of 64000 .....

Pls am begging someone should pls help me out at least l wanted to try my luck first , but any outcome is welcome by me.

Thanks all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Habisoye: 8:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
May God bless you till the end of your life @Kaynine59, thanks for the attention.

Please what if the VO ask further, you know you said if they dont ask further i shouldnt over talk or explain.

But, what if question was asked about it.

Your reply will be graciously appreciated.

Thank you

kaynine59:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kaynine59(m): 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
U probably ddnt understand me... I never said he shdnt answer if he wasn't asked abt the mistake...am saying don't be forward and start answering waht u weren't asked...they expect u to be careful when u fill your ds160 form or why do u think there's a review before u hit the submit form? Whats the essence of that? Simply means u shd cross check whatever u filled before u submit and u want to go forward and tell VO ehn no vex oh be like I make mistake... If he is asked abt the mistake fine... If he isn't he shd not talk much.. And yes ds 160 form is the most important thing in the application process because with whatever u filled the VO makes his or her own assessment about u based on what u have filled coupled with ur countenance and fidgeting or non fidgeting when answering his or her questions in the physical. I stand to be corrected am just talking based on my experience... Shalom
LadyGuinivere:

Really? Really?
I need you to cover every angle before you dispense advice. The application process and success depends on more than the physical interview.
Now I ask. Which is better? That the applicant acknowledges he made a mistake while filling the form and shows he is actively researching or the vo looks at the address, Google's it and denies the applicant for "lack of knowledge " without telling him?

In a previous reply u told a poster that the vo already knows who he will approve before hand. How does he reach that conclusion? From the ds160 abi?
Not meant to be rude. Just to remind you to be analytical in your advice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kaynine59(m): 9:33pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hi.... First of all pray about it that the VO shd even omit the question. But if kasala hits the fan and de ask further just answer truthfully u made a human error.

But I dnt think de would love to hear "I made a mistake" because I feel they want u to be careful while filling. In the end we are all humans so pray u meet a VO dats friendly. They may not even ask u abt that funny enough but just answer truthfully all the same.. God pass devil. All the best u will smile... Shalom
Habisoye:
May God bless you till the end of your life @Kaynine59, thanks for the attention.

Please what if the VO ask further, you know you said if they dont ask further i shouldnt over talk or explain.

But, what if question was asked about it.

Your reply will be graciously appreciated.

Thank you

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kaynine59(m): 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2017
Please who is IHate9ja1..... U tried mailing me? Ur handle sha lol... I replied u but got mailer daemon... U can shoot here... Shalom
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cheucheu: 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2017
good day, pls i need an advise before applying.

i am married and have a son close to 2yrs with my wife also pregnant, im currently working in a bank as FT officer my wife has a fashion house and doing well with business, we have option of getting an invitation from my friend or book hotel reservation, we intend to apply for a family visit/tourist visa soon, our passports are virgin, i want to seek the advice of LadyG and others if its advice able for us to apply now or wait after her delivery,

pardon me if my write up is not properly constructed,

i will really appreciate your responses

thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Olusegun26: 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
[/b]Send the your form of choice (new or old) application ID together with your appointment confirmation[b] to

support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Correction takes 48 hours.
[b][/b]

Yusuf1743:
Pls house am begging u all in name of God, dont let me loose this 64000 without passing through any interview ..... Pls help me out because am new and l wanted to try my luck because no one can tell.

The barcode on my appointment confirmation is different from the one l have on my confirmation page.... Because l filled it twice and l dont know how the barcode changed because l summited only one but the one l summited to my surprised they say its not the one l book appointment with.

My question is : Will l fill another ds 160 afresh and now used a new barcode different from those two barcode l have with me already to reschedule my appointment and if l do it like this wont they ask me to make another payment of 64000 .....

Pls am begging someone should pls help me out at least l wanted to try my luck first , but any outcome is welcome by me.

Thanks all

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116