Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531957 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shithapuns: 5:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
this issue is making me a lil confused.
my wife has a visa interview soon..usa.
i already hv a visa.
anyneed her going to the interview with intro letter from my company, my 6months bank acct payslip etc?
i intend for her to go with a p.copy of my visa page
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by PinkSunset: 6:37pm On Feb 03, 2016
Good evening everyone. This is my first time commenting on This thread or any thread on Nairaland for that matter. However, I've been a silent reader.

My family (husband, me and our 3 shidrens grin ) Went for our visa interview yesterday. I only started following this thread after I had submitted our DS-160 forms (which took me 5 days to fill by the way). Trust me, every advice I read here was helpful. I even had some 'silent questions' which you people managed to answer and quell my fears.

Ok, let me get straight to the interview transcript.

HUBBY : Good morning.
VO : Good morning, Passports please
Hubby passed him the passports.
VO : Perfect.
VO : Why do you want to travel to the U.S.?
HUBBY : My family deserves a vacation. They have never been anywhere so I want to take them to the U.S for Easter vacation.
VO : Where in the U.S?
HUBBY : Los Angeles
VO : Why Los Angeles?
HUBBY : Well, because it's a beautiful place to be and there's a lot to see.
VO : Yes, it's beautiful. How long do you intend to stay?
ME : 14 days.
HUBBY : We plan to visit Orlando Florida as well because we would love to take our kids to Disneyland
VO : (Nods) How do you plan to get to Orlando from Los Angeles?
(in my mind, I was like "Hoin? Which kain question be this Kwanu? Are we going to trek before?"
HUBBY : From the Los Angeles airport, we'll catch a flight to Orlando
(I 'high-fived' hubby in my mind)
VO : Do you have family in the U.S.?
ME : Yes, my sister lives in Los Angeles, but we won't be staying with her though because we already made hotel reservations.
VO : What do you do sir?
HUBBY : I own my own business ............investments limited. I import floor tiles, wall tiles, wall papers and electronics.
VO : Have you travelled out before?
HUBBY : Yes, I frequently travel to Spain, that's where I buy my goods from. I also have a resident permit in Spain (hubby slipped the permit to him, VO looks at it , nods and slips it back to hubby. All the while, he's typing something on his computer)
VO : what do you do Ma'am?
ME : I'm a makeup artist, I teach makeup as well.
VO : (looks at the kids) Are these your only kids?
US : Yes
VO : Are you pregnant ma'am?
ME : No, we are not ready yet. (VO chuckles)
ME : (points at hubby) He's the only one who travels, I and the kids have never gone anywhere.
VO : Please hold on a minute while I finish up
US : Ok.
(In my mind, I activate prayer mode. I start firing prayers while the VO typed for about a minute. Next thing, he packed our passports and placed them on a table beside him and reached for the magic white paper that I love so much grin . He circled an address and slipped it to us)
VO : Go pick up your visas in 3 days at the address circled on the white paper.
US : Thank you.
HUBBY : (To our kids) Say thank you.
They chorus "thank you" .
VO : Bye guys.
That's it oh! I give God praise! He didn't ask for one single document, not even our acct statements were checked. I had to type this long transcript because I learnt so much from the ones other readers typed, and I hope someone would learn something from mine. In the spirit of celebration, go to the store next to your house and collect one bottle of your 'brand' in my name grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 6:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
shamecurls:
Hello House,

can someone please list the step by step approach on how I can renew my B1/B2 visa.

thanks in advance

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
@Pinksunset I collected cheeseballs and lipton. Them dey ask For your address. cheesy
Congrats. Abeg mae una trek from LA to Florida o! Trek for world peace. Lol
Safe trip
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
shamecurls:

Thanks alot. Maybe am checking right. Can u pls send me a link?

Thanks in advance
Check the ist page of this thread. The link to the US website is contained therein or just google it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Check the ist page of this thread. The link to the US website is contained therein or just google it

I have read through and these is what i got

"At a branch of GTBank, pay the Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee that applies to your intended visa category.
Complete a DS160 online visa application at http://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV. Once you have finished the application, you should print the DS160 application confirmation page. You will need the receipt number when scheduling an appointment and you will need the confirmation page on the day of your interview. "

If am renewing which i dont need to schedule an interview, what do i do next...These infos re not stated for renewals

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by schweinsteiger: 10:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hello House, Pls on the DS 160 form, Im going to Houston, can i land in JFK New York??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by schweinsteiger: 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
PinkSunset:
In the spirit of celebration, go to the store next to your house and collect one bottle of your 'brand' in my name grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:59am On Feb 04, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
@lionshare sorry about that.
Ist. Kindly do as chloe said. Post a detailed transcript.
2. Its good u didn't get a new passport. These people conduct checks and its better you own up by yourself about previous ish (abi is it ishes cheesy)
Although the truth is that a reasonable person will likely get biased upon seeing a refusal of entry. I mean she's going to think 'if UK didn't trust him enough why should we? '
Why were u refused entry though? Did u misrepresent or what? Let's deal with that ist and transcript and then proceed to the next step if any
I think you made a mistake in your DS160
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:15am On Feb 04, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
All these same stories...
As if the answer will change with a different moniker lipsrsealed
LadyG you too get brain.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:33am On Feb 04, 2016
PinkSunset:
Good evening everyone. This is my first time commenting on This thread or any thread on Nairaland for that matter. However, I've been a silent reader.

My family (husband, me and our 3 shidrens grin ) Went for our visa interview yesterday. I only started following this thread after I had submitted our DS-160 forms (which took me 5 days to fill by the way). Trust me, every advice I read here was helpful. I even had some 'silent questions' which you people managed to answer and quell my fears.

Ok, let me get straight to the interview transcript.

HUBBY : Good morning.
VO : Good morning, Passports please
Hubby passed him the passports.
VO : Perfect.
VO : Why do you want to travel to the U.S.?
HUBBY : My family deserves a vacation. They have never been anywhere so I want to take them to the U.S for Easter vacation.
VO : Where in the U.S?
HUBBY : Los Angeles
VO : Why Los Angeles?
HUBBY : Well, because it's a beautiful place to be and there's a lot to see.
VO : Yes, it's beautiful. How long do you intend to stay?
ME : 14 days.
HUBBY : We plan to visit Orlando Florida as well because we would love to take our kids to Disneyland
VO : (Nods) How do you plan to get to Orlando from Los Angeles?
(in my mind, I was like "Hoin? Which kain question be this Kwanu? Are we going to trek before?"
HUBBY : From the Los Angeles airport, we'll catch a flight to Orlando
(I 'high-fived' hubby in my mind)
VO : Do you have family in the U.S.?
ME : Yes, my sister lives in Los Angeles, but we won't be staying with her though because we already made hotel reservations.
VO : What do you do sir?
HUBBY : I own my own business ............investments limited. I import floor tiles, wall tiles, wall papers and electronics.
HUBBY : Yes, I frequently travel to Spain, that's where I buy my goods from. I also have a resident permit in Spain (hubby slipped the permit to him, VO looks at it , nods and slips it back to hubby. All the while, he's typing something on his computer)
VO : what do you do Ma'am?
ME : I'm a makeup artist, I teach makeup as well.
VO : (looks at the kids) Are these your only kids?
US : Yes
VO : Are you pregnant ma'am?
ME : No, we are not ready yet. (VO chuckles)
ME : (points at hubby) He's the only one who travels, I and the kids have never gone anywhere.
VO : Please hold on a minute while I finish up
US : Ok.
(In my mind, I activate prayer mode. I start firing prayers while the VO typed for about a minute. Next thing, he packed our passports and placed them on a table beside him and reached for the magic white paper that I love so much grin . He circled an address and slipped it to us)
VO : Go pick up your visas in 3 days at the address circled on the white paper.
US : Thank you.
HUBBY : (To our kids) Say thank you.
They chorus "thank you" .
VO : Bye guys.
That's it oh! I give God praise! He didn't ask for one single document, not even our acct statements were checked. I had to type this long transcript because I learnt so much from the ones other readers typed, and I hope someone would learn something from mine. In the spirit of celebration, go to the store next to your house and collect one bottle of your 'brand' in my name grin

Congrats... Hopefully people will learn from you by being meticulous.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:39am On Feb 04, 2016
schweinsteiger:
Hello House, Pls on the DS 160 form, Im going to Houston, can i land in JFK New York??
Yes you can just make sure you have paid for the ticket to Houston before you leave naija and also be ready to explain why you flew to NY instead of houston.
When I got to the U.S I was not asked why New York because I'm suppose to land in Atlanta.
Just be cool and be yourself,

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:31am On Feb 04, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
All these same stories...
As if the answer will change with a different moniker lipsrsealed
O yes o! lipsrsealed
Saw that too
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:55am On Feb 04, 2016
shamecurls:

I have read through and these is what i got

"At a branch of GTBank, pay the Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee that applies to your intended visa category.
Complete a DS160 online visa application at http://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV. Once you have finished the application, you should print the DS160 application confirmation page. You will need the receipt number when scheduling an appointment and you will need the confirmation page on the day of your interview. "

If am renewing which i dont need to schedule an interview, what do i do next...These infos re not stated for renewals
Okay, will help thee. Just fill and be done with your DS160 stuff, then attempt to follow the interview scheduling thing, answer the questions as they come, if your answers qualifies you for dropbox the system will generate a Dropbox Confirmation slip for you and allow you input the receipt number for a non-existent interview. Print the slip and your DS160 confirmation page, take these along with your international passport and passport size photograph to the DHL office you chose and submit for onward transmission to the US Embassy. Once your visa is ready you will be notified to pick up from DHL, just as you may also be asked to come in for an interview.

N.B.
Don't forget to change the old DS160 number to the current one in your profile as you do all of these o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 4:34am On Feb 04, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Okay, will help thee. Just fill and be done with your DS160 stuff, then attempt to follow the interview scheduling thing, answer the questions as they come, if your answers qualifies you for dropbox the system will generate a Dropbox Confirmation slip for you and allow you input the receipt number for a non-existent interview. Print the slip and your DS160 confirmation page, take these along with your international passport and passport size photograph to the DHL office you chose and submit for onward transmission the US Embassy. Once your visa is ready you will be notified to pick up from DHL, just as you may also be asked to come in for an interview.

N.B.
Don't forget to change the old DS160 number to the current one in your profile as you do all of these o

God bless you in all your endeavors!

Thanks alot!

Appreciate!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Adegbulugbe(m): 5:18am On Feb 04, 2016
Good morning VO...pls I really need your responds in my question.my interview was yesterday 3rd of February but I couldn't meet it up,has it means that my application is cancel or is it possible to reschedule another date?pls advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:59am On Feb 04, 2016
Adegbulugbe:
Good morning VO...pls I really need your responds in my question.my interview was yesterday 3rd of February but I couldn't meet it up,has it means that my application is cancel or is it possible to reschedule another date?pls advice
Call the customer service to ask them
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 04, 2016
Adegbulugbe:
try to reschedule after a day or two by then the receipt number will be unlocked, just incase you need to fill another ds-160 maybe you have thought of errors in the past one you scheduled an appointment with, fill another before rescheduling, because you can only schedule an appointment twice on one mrv receipt, I mean if you miss your first appointment you can only schedule just once again before you now have to pay another fees, cheers!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by schweinsteiger: 8:46am On Feb 04, 2016
seyewest:

Yes you can just make sure you have paid for the ticket to Houston before you leave naija and also be ready to explain why you flew to NY instead of houston.
When I got to the U.S I was not asked why New York because I'm suppose to land in Atlanta.
Just be cool and be yourself,

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70