Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531748 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Itstyme(m): 3:22am On Feb 06, 2016
I am going for a conference in the US and while filling the DS 160 online, questions were asked about spouse. One is the address of the spouse. In my case, my wife lives in the US as a LPR. Is it advisable for me to state she lives in the States or not as we know this could be a reason for denial because the VO might assume I may not return after the conference all because I have my wife who lives in the United States.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:06am On Feb 06, 2016
Itstyme:
I am going for a conference in the US and while filling the DS 160 online, questions were asked about spouse. One is the address of the spouse. In my case, my wife lives in the US as a LPR. Is it advisable for me to state she lives in the States or not as we know this could be a reason for denial because the VO might assume I may not return after the conference all because I have my wife who lives in the United States.
Whether you fill it or not these folks conduct preliminary checks and your half information will only work against u.
Be that as it may, we cannot advice u todeliberately misinform the vo because misrepresentation is not encouraged here
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by terrywales: 9:11am On Feb 06, 2016
Good morning to everyone in the house.@Lady G and every good people in d house
Pls my friend is going for a certification program of four weeks (CELTA) in new york. He is a Master student here in Cyprus, He would be through with his course load and left with his thesis by June when he plan to attend the program.
My question is what type of visa should he apply ( maybe M1 )
and can he apply for the visa here while he himself hold a student permit here? Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 06, 2016
please i have these issue trying to fill out my ds 160 form online for u s visiting visa and the problem now is the confirmation number on the form is different from the one on the appointment form how do i go about these please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 06, 2016
Reconciliation:
please i have these issue trying to fill out my ds 160 form online for u s visiting visa and the problem now is the confirmation number on the form is different from the one on the appointment form how do i go about these please
did you fill two forms? Secondly you can't attend an appointment with different confirmations, the confirmation you print out has to tally with that you used to schedule appointment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:49am On Feb 06, 2016
Reconciliation:

call their office. you will nneed to send the new ds160 no and a copy of your passport
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
Reconciliation:
This is usually the outcome when one books appointment before completing the DS 160.
Do as neff said.

@Terrywales u may have to check the student visa thread. I don't know squat about school visas
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Itstyme(m): 1:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Whether you fill it or not these folks conduct preliminary checks and your half information will only work against u.
Be that as it may, we cannot advice u todeliberately misinform the vo because misrepresentation is not encouraged here

Thanks! Will it be save then for me to have my wife's address or the organisation holding the conference address as my major address/contact in the States because obviously I will be visiting my wife after the conference. No misrepresentation intended.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
@ solo84 mbok check ur email
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:12am On Feb 07, 2016
Hello everyone,
I had my visa interview december 2015 and this is how it went.
Firstly, i went to his corner but he switched off the microfone although he was talking with his colleague. Then the interview started a minute or two later.
Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning sir!
Vo: Are you a student?
Me: yes
Vo: why Houston,texas?
Me: told him but was very nervous but it is my nature in public.
Vo: you also chose houston because of its duvetsity? Looked deeply into my eyes
Me: yes because i will get to meet new people who differ by ethnicity,socio economic status and as well degree of dissability which will be a great starting place for me
Vo: do you have any relative in the US?
Me: no (although there is a man who is my fathers friend who helped me in paying sevis fee because of that ban on western union transactions)
Vo: bought out blue paper and said you are not qualified for a us visa. (214)(b)

On my way out the nigerian staffs were just mocking me cus they saw me reading the blue paper. I wanted to hit one because i was very sad. I just controlled myself.

Can any one speculate to why i was rejected? I am 20. I have been out before to DUBAI,EYHIOPIA,EGYPT,QATER,BENIN REPUBLIC and CHINA for 1 year. My sponsors pay is pretty very high and statement also. But i am a muslim. Could it be that my religion played a part? Because americans descriminate muslims. Or could it be that they are aware of my fathers friend which i lied about? Or my program of study (INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS & DIPLOMACY) maybe because it is not ENGINEERING or MEDICINE

Best Regards!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oganlalasokun: 4:14am On Feb 07, 2016
My friend who applied to renew his visit visa through a dropbox was later called to appear at the embassy for interview, when he got there, they asked him why he spent 5 months instead of then intended 1 month hetold them at the interview, he explained to them them that on arrival to the US, he got an admission to do a masters programme and he then applied for a change of status to a student visa and when it was not approved, he had to return home at the 5th month. He didn't want to overstay.
Now, the VO asked him to come back for his passport in 3 months time, by then his visa would have expired. What could be the problem pls for holding his passport that long ?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:41am On Feb 07, 2016
oganlalasokun:
My friend who applied to renew his visit visa through a dropbox was later called to appear at the embassy for interview, when he got there, they asked him why he spent 5 months instead of then intended 1 month hetold them at the interview, he explained to them them that on arrival to the US, he got an admission to do a masters programme and he then applied for a change of status to a student visa and when it was not approved, he had to return home at the 5th month. He didn't want to overstay.
Now, the VO asked him to come back for his passport in 3 months time, by then his visa would have expired. What could be the problem pls for holding his passport that long ?
Administrative processing.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oganlalasokun: 7:45am On Feb 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Administrative processing.
But administrative processing on what ? He only spent 5 months instead of intended one month. That was all. So, AP on what?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ogttcorg: 7:49am On Feb 07, 2016
Hello house,
I ve been consistently reading this thread for some time now. My cousin (a citizen in USA by birth) just invited me for his wedding coming up in May. I am about to pay the MVR and fill d DS-160 form. Will i be given a visit visa with the following:
-No Travel history;
-Working in a private oil-servicing contract firm
-Engaged but not married
-And just recieved an invitation letter for the wedding duly stamped by a immigration lawyer.
Pls someone should advise on how to get a positive outcome at the embassy.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:57am On Feb 07, 2016
Rahmeek:
Hello everyone,
I had my visa interview december 2015 and this is how it went.
Firstly, i went to his corner but he switched off the microfone although he was talking with his colleague. Then the interview started a minute or two later.
Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning sir!
Vo: Are you a student?
Me: yes
Vo: why Houston,texas?
Me: told him but was very nervous but it is my nature in public.
Vo: you also chose houston because of its duvetsity? Looked deeply into my eyes
Me: yes because i will get to meet new people who differ by ethnicity,socio economic status and as well degree of dissability which will be a great starting place for me
Vo: do you have any relative in the US?
Me: no (although there is a man who is my fathers friend who helped me in paying sevis fee because of that ban on western union transactions)
Vo: bought out blue paper and said you are not qualified for a us visa. (214)(b)

On my way out the nigerian staffs were just mocking me cus they saw me reading the blue paper. I wanted to hit one because i was very sad. I just controlled myself.

Can any one speculate to why i was rejected? I am 20. I have been out before to DUBAI,EYHIOPIA,EGYPT,QATER,BENIN REPUBLIC and CHINA for 1 year. My sponsors pay is pretty very high and statement also. But i am a muslim. Could it be that my religion played a part? Because americans descriminate muslims. Or could it be that they are aware of my fathers friend which i lied about? Or my program of study (INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS & DIPLOMACY) maybe because it is not ENGINEERING or MEDICINE

Best Regards!
I am quite suprised that you left the obvious reasons and latched on to religious bias as a reason for your reason for refusal.
I assume you applied for a student visa. This is the thread for visit visas. But by your own assertion, your answers were not convincing because you were nervous. The reason u even gave to me sounds like a bunch of ...gotten off google. No originality.
U also lied about not knowing somebody in the us. Do u know checks are conducted?
It is immaterial that your sponsor is rich. Your sponosr is not the one traveling and u just did not convince the vo your intentions were genuine. Muslims andpeople with diverse courses get visas.
My personal opnion here. Apologies if they are wrong.you have little control over your emotions. That's why you felt angry and imagined hitting the staff. The vos are trained to guage emotions and I suspect you didn't impress the vo. I can only imagine how taut and tense and worked up you wereduring the interview. The vos err on the side of caution.you also did not self evaluate and learn the processes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bukanjay: 12:08pm On Feb 07, 2016
brotundes:
Where did u took d interview Abuja or Lagos?k

The interview was in lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 07, 2016
oganlalasokun:

But administrative processing on what ? He only spent 5 months instead of intended one month. That was all. So, AP on what?
Why you dey para
Na you get the passport

Someone tried to change visa to F1 on visit visa. Stayed 5months instead of 1month and the same embassy that granted the privilege of the visa decides to hold on to his passport and you dey vex.

What's the rush anyways. If he wasn't planning to disappear in the first place why is he upset. He should wait for 3months.

You can decide to protest in front of the embassy if you so wish.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oganlalasokun: 1:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
salsera:

Why you dey para
Na you get the passport

Someone tried to change visa to F1 on visit visa. Stayed 5months instead of 1month and the same embassy that granted the privilege of the visa decides to hold on to his passport and you dey vex.

What's the rush anyways. If he wasn't planning to disappear in the first place why is he upset. He should wait for 3months.

You can decide to protest in front of the embassy if you so wish.
Protest in front of the embassy ?.? Hope u Dont have some mental disorders.. am sure u Dont know what u re saying. How can the embassy hold someone's passport for 3 months ? Do u know what that means ? It means he cannot even travel anywhere for the next 3 months. Do u tink that is normal ? I guess you are the type that sees US visa as a do or die visa. If it were me, I will ask my lawyer to write the embassy. Holding someone's passport for 3 month is absurd. That's my point
However, he never overstayed the 6 months given at the POE, and changing status to F1 is quite legal. I know of people that did change of status from b1b2 to F1 visas, and today they are US citizens.For me, he has no offence in accordance to the US laws, and he didn't abuse the terms of his visa

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:07pm On Feb 07, 2016
oganlalasokun:

Protest in front of the embassy ?.? Hope u Dont have some mental disorders.. am sure u Dont know what u re saying. How can the embassy hold someone's passport for 3 months ? Do u know what that means ? It means he cannot even travel anywhere for the next 3 months. Do u tink that is normal ? I guess you are the type that sees US visa as a do or die visa. If it were me, I will ask my lawyer to write the embassy. Holding someone's passport for 3 month is absurd. That's my point
However, he never overstayed the 6 months given at the POE, and changing status to F1 is quite legal. I know of people that did change of status from b1b2 to F1 visas, and today they are US citizens.For me, he has no offence in accordance to the US laws, and he didn't abuse the terms of his visa
Dude. There's this thing called 'withdrawal of application'
If you and your friend feel its not a do or die affair and/or he wishes to travel today /tomorrow he can withdraw his aplication and his passport will be returned the same day.
I tow the line of the poster that said u can go to the embassy and protest cos all this your plenty fervent grammer here availeth nothing. Absolute nothing o! Lawyer wetin e wan write?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2016
oganlalasokun:

now i'm sure you are the person in question not your friend. lipsrsealed

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by akset(m): 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2016
ekpotek:
Visiting Philadelphia in a week time. Finding affordable accommodation near my conference venue has been hectic. I finally got a retired BnB apartment at $800 for 8 days just five minutes walk from the city centre and 3 minutes to my conference venue on Market St. As anyone used BnB before in the U.S.?
please what are the document needs for the conference visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 07, 2016
akset:
please what are the document needs for the conference visa?
www.ustraveldocs.com/ng
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
LadyG

I tire oh.
E carry the matter for head but he say Na me get mental problem.

Bros you never see anything. Embassy's can hold passports for 8months sef.
Canada does it Uk does it US does it. If you need your passport back they will give you but ur application will remain under processing.

The answers you seek are not here.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asiwaju325: 5:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
Greeting people in the house, I need your help by answer on malawi visa operandi. Is malawi visa a sticker pasted on passpport or an entry stamp on passport by cable............? Pls your kindly answer w'll be appreciated.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
asiwaju325:
Greeting people in the house, I need your help by answer on malawi visa operandi. Is malawi visa a sticker pasted on passpport or an entry stamp on passport by cable............? Pls your kindly answer w'll be appreciated.

sorry sir but this is USA visa thread not Malawi I think Google should tell you about this not on here

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 6:19pm On Feb 07, 2016
Hello All,

whats the processing time for a B1/B2 visa renewal via drop-box

Thanks in advance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 07, 2016
shamecurls:
Hello All,

whats the processing time for a B1/B2 visa renewal via drop-box

Thanks in advance.
www.ustraveldocs.com/ng
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by omonaomi(f): 6:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
Good day sir,
Please how can I get the complete DS-160 form for a visitor visa. The one online doesn't have previous work and additional options under work, education and training. Please help me out.
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
omonaomi:

Good day sir,
Please how can I get the complete DS-160 form for a visitor visa. The one online doesn't have previous work and additional options under work, education and training. Please help me out.
Thank you
The form differs for men and females. It is more elaborate for men.
From what u posted, I deduce u are female. Fill the form as is. That is d proper form.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:35pm On Feb 07, 2016
omonaomi:

Good day sir,
Thank you
What then are you doing with any other one outside the one online? Hian! Please, fill the one you see online, that's what is appropriate. I know that the form for females are quite different from the ones for males. Greetings
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
omonaomi:

Good day sir,
Thank you
https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx
If you are on this website then you are filling the correct thing., the form is soft copy then you can print a hard copy after final submission. Cheers
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

The form differs for men and females. It is more elaborate for men.
From what u posted, I deduce u are female. Fill the form as is. That is d proper form.
exactly

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72