Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,380 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536704 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DCTrendy(m): 8:49am On Mar 04, 2016
Thanks. I got it figured out. I suppose to select Stanely associate instead of the VFS
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:55am On Mar 04, 2016
DCTrendy:
Hello guys,

i have been trying to pay for my application on the GTB internet portal. The moment i select US embassy, it wont bring out the option, either will it give me the fees i want to pay automatically.

Has anyone here encounter this problem? GTB is not open for business here today n i need to make this payment today

kindly advice.
Tnx
Wait till monday and pay
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 04, 2016
ivian:
Please any idea when I would pick up as excitement no allow me hear my interview was yesterday
go to ustraveldocs website and track your passport
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oganlalasokun: 10:02am On Mar 04, 2016
Pls which of these 3 airlines ( emirates, british airway and delta airlines ) will u consider best to fly with, in terms of the air craft maintenance, entertainment and good history.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:18am On Mar 04, 2016
oganlalasokun:
Pls which of these 3 airlines ( emirates, british airway and delta airlines ) will u consider best to fly with, in terms of the air craft maintenance, entertainment and good history.
Bro na wa for you ooo... you that's looking for cheap flight is talking about delta and BA.
I guess this is fun to you.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oganlalasokun: 10:21am On Mar 04, 2016
seyewest:

Bro na wa for you ooo... you that's looking for cheap flight is talking about delta and BA.
I guess this is fun to you.
No no bro, I already got emirates. Just that me and someone dey argue ni. I'm betting my life on a 5 star airline carrier like Emirates
Besides, I'm not going for a cheap flight . Iberia airline is 192k and I still went ahead with emirates for 235k. I could have gone for Iberia flight
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 04, 2016
oganlalasokun:

For me, i think British Airways. It is not advisable to fly with emirates to USA because Emirates will first carry you to eastern belt of the world that is Nigeria to dubai [7hrs flight] then you wait and then start another flight from dubai to USA that is a very long distance. But when one flies with British, Delta, lufthansa and so on, you get to transit in western europe which is still closer to USA. But different people,different pockets. One has to work with his own budget.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by usherleo: 12:42pm On Mar 04, 2016
please i have an invitation from USA for me, my wife and my little daughter, so my question is how much will be MRV amount for three of us. please i need your clerification.

Rgs

Leo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 12:45pm On Mar 04, 2016
oganlalasokun:

No no bro, I already got emirates. Just that me and someone dey argue ni. I'm betting my life on a 5 star airline carrier like Emirates
Besides, I'm not going for a cheap flight . Iberia airline is 192k and I still went ahead with emirates for 235k. I could have gone for Iberia flight

Which website did u get Iberia for 192k?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oganlalasokun: 1:13pm On Mar 04, 2016
shamecurls:

Wakanow.com......its still 192k to JFK
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 04, 2016
oganlalasokun:
i've flown emirates & BA, and both are nice both I rate BA above all any time any day but BA also has some stupid aircrafts sha but at least dem better pass the rest to me cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 04, 2016
usherleo:
please i have an invitation from USA for me, my wife and my little daughter, so my question is how much will be MRV amount for three of us. please i need your clerification.

Rgs

Leo
same amount for all three of you before it was 31200, I think there is a slight increase in price of MRV, so for e.g each of you pay like 33k each
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 1:33pm On Mar 04, 2016
oganlalasokun:

Wakanow.com......its still 192k to JFK

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 2:09pm On Mar 04, 2016
shamecurls:

Me sef dey wonder oooo, Iberia that's ONE OF the most expensive airline...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 2:39pm On Mar 04, 2016
nextedge

I told u before about my experience with emirates but u need to call them to find out that info...only the airline can answer that question.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bunmixtra(f): 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
I just got emirate ticket to LAX @318
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
@PinkSunset

Do you summit one DS 160 form including all your hubby and children? all seperate applications was made?

Thank you

PinkSunset:
Good evening everyone. This is my first time commenting on This thread or any thread on Nairaland for that matter. However, I've been a silent reader.

My family (husband, me and our 3 shidrens grin ) Went for our visa interview yesterday. I only started following this thread after I had submitted our DS-160 forms (which took me 5 days to fill by the way). Trust me, every advice I read here was helpful. I even had some 'silent questions' which you people managed to answer and quell my fears.

Ok, let me get straight to the interview transcript.

HUBBY : Good morning.
VO : Good morning, Passports please
Hubby passed him the passports.
VO : Perfect.
VO : Why do you want to travel to the U.S.?
HUBBY : My family deserves a vacation. They have never been anywhere so I want to take them to the U.S for Easter vacation.
VO : Where in the U.S?
HUBBY : Los Angeles
VO : Why Los Angeles?
HUBBY : Well, because it's a beautiful place to be and there's a lot to see.
VO : Yes, it's beautiful. How long do you intend to stay?
ME : 14 days.
HUBBY : We plan to visit Orlando Florida as well because we would love to take our kids to Disneyland
VO : (Nods) How do you plan to get to Orlando from Los Angeles?
(in my mind, I was like "Hoin? Which kain question be this Kwanu? Are we going to trek before?"
HUBBY : From the Los Angeles airport, we'll catch a flight to Orlando
(I 'high-fived' hubby in my mind)
VO : Do you have family in the U.S.?
ME : Yes, my sister lives in Los Angeles, but we won't be staying with her though because we already made hotel reservations.
VO : What do you do sir?
HUBBY : I own my own business ............investments limited. I import floor tiles, wall tiles, wall papers and electronics.
VO : Have you travelled out before?
HUBBY : Yes, I frequently travel to Spain, that's where I buy my goods from. I also have a resident permit in Spain (hubby slipped the permit to him, VO looks at it , nods and slips it back to hubby. All the while, he's typing something on his computer)
VO : what do you do Ma'am?
ME : I'm a makeup artist, I teach makeup as well.
VO : (looks at the kids) Are these your only kids?
US : Yes
VO : Are you pregnant ma'am?
ME : No, we are not ready yet. (VO chuckles)
VO : Have you travelled out before?
ME : (points at hubby) He's the only one who travels, I and the kids have never gone anywhere.
VO : Please hold on a minute while I finish up
US : Ok.
(In my mind, I activate prayer mode. I start firing prayers while the VO typed for about a minute. Next thing, he packed our passports and placed them on a table beside him and reached for the magic white paper that I love so much grin . He circled an address and slipped it to us)
VO : Go pick up your visas in 3 days at the address circled on the white paper.
US : Thank you.
HUBBY : (To our kids) Say thank you.
They chorus "thank you" .
VO : Bye guys.
That's it oh! I give God praise! He didn't ask for one single document, not even our acct statements were checked. I had to type this long transcript because I learnt so much from the ones other readers typed, and I hope someone would learn something from mine. In the spirit of celebration, go to the store next to your house and collect one bottle of your 'brand' in my name grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oganlalasokun: 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pls I am trying to download Emirates Airlines App on my iPad through play store but I'm not seeing the airline there. How best can I download it pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 9:03pm On Mar 04, 2016
oganlalasokun:
Pls I am trying to download Emirates Airlines App on my iPad through play store but I'm not seeing the airline there. How best can I download it pls

If you can't find the app there then it's one of two reasons

1) Emirates does not have a app in that store yet.
2) The app is there but not available for Nigerian users, so based on ur IP you won't be able to see the app when you search.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:49pm On Mar 04, 2016
oganlalasokun:
Ipad does not use playstore and also to download an emirates app you need to go to appstore and download it free of charge. I have it on my iphone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by andyjyd(m): 9:57pm On Mar 04, 2016
Good day VOL
Am having interview next week,during filling my D-160 I can't load my picture,now that I got new picture I try to retrieve my form but said it has been submitted. Pls can I go to the interview with the passport photograph?
Pls I need answer.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:57pm On Mar 04, 2016
Beniyoha01:

If you can't find the app there then it's one of two reasons

1) Emirates does not have a app in that store yet.
2) The app is there but not available for Nigerian users, so based on ur IP you won't be able to see the app when you such.

if that's what's happening he can switch to the U.S store or go to www.emirates.com and look for the apple logo to be able to download the app directly.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
andyjyd:
Good day VOL
Am having interview next week,during filling my D-160 I can't load my picture,now that I got new picture I try to retrieve my form but said it has been submitted. Pls can I go to the interview with the passport photograph?
Pls I need answer.
Yes sure you can go with your passport photograph.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
oganlalasokun:

Guy, abeg, these questions are not necessary. Haba! Na today?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:19pm On Mar 04, 2016
nefertitiram:

I swear I tire for the guy oooo....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 10:33pm On Mar 04, 2016
nefertitiram:

Lol, I'm beginning to guess Mr. oganlalasokun works with Jamb or may be Waec/Neco!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oganlalasokun: 10:56pm On Mar 04, 2016
Beniyoha01:

Lol, I'm beginning to guess Mr. oganlalasokun works with Jamb or may be Waec/Neco!
Lolz bros....sorry for bothering u my egbons..... Just that I like to ask every bit of what I Dont know. One of my professors back then in OAU used to tell me to ask what I Dont know so I don't get stranded. That's why. I'm sorry anyway, but really, I'm am learning here very seriously. Thanks all

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ess: 11:07pm On Mar 04, 2016
nextedge:
Please is there anyone here who has travelled with Turkish airlines to the USA? I have found out that on return journey you have a layover of 22hours at Istanbul. I want to know if there is hotel provision by the airline for those hours or it's OYO(on your own). And if it's on your own, what are those things one can be doing in the airport to while away time? It's a family of four. I need answer from experienced person(s).I mean those who have used the airline before. Thanks
Note: ticket is already purchased.

I have used the airport 3 times. On 2 occasions there was no long layover. However on one I had about 8 hours, they denied us meal ticket because they said there was another flight available at the time I purchased our tickets.
The airport is ok, you can walk around, eat free turkish delight (local sweet), eat at their numerous joints tho quite expensive. It is a busy airport actually. Time can fly fast especially if you purchase the internet service, cant remember the amount but it wasnt so much and is paid using your card details.

Hope this helps a bit.

NB: Turks are not so friendly, so you might wanna mind ur own business.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by andyjyd(m): 11:14pm On Mar 04, 2016
[qThanks
uote author=seyewest post=43487927]
Yes sure you can go with your passport photograph.[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by andyjyd(m): 11:15pm On Mar 04, 2016
seyewest:

Yes sure you can go with your passport photograph.
Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nextedge: 11:54pm On Mar 04, 2016
Ess:

I have used the airport 3 times. On 2 occasions there was no long layover. However on one I had about 8 hours, they denied us meal ticket because they said there was another flight available at the time I purchased our tickets.
The airport is ok, you can walk around, eat free turkish delight (local sweet), eat at their numerous joints tho quite expensive. It is a busy airport actually. Time can fly fast especially if you purchase the internet service, cant remember the amount but it wasnt so much and is paid using your card details.

Hope this helps a bit.

NB: Turks are not so friendly, so you might wanna mind ur own business.
Thanks Ess
By the way, were those your journeys made to the USA and are you aware if there is hotel provision for long layover? It's 22hrs I'm talking about here. Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:21am On Mar 05, 2016
nextedge:
Please is there anyone here who has travelled with Turkish airlines to the USA? I have found out that on return journey you have a layover of 22hours at Istanbul. I want to know if there is hotel provision by the airline for those hours or it's OYO(on your own). And if it's on your own, what are those things one can be doing in the airport to while away time? It's a family of four. I need answer from experienced person(s).I mean those who have used the airline before. Thanks
Note: ticket is already purchased.

Lol 22hrs is another 9ja to USA. Anyways since your destination is USA,even without a turkish visa, you can go go out of the airport to a hotel in town. Because i know sometime back i don't know if they have changed the rule now then when you have a valid UK&USA Visa, you can get inside town on transit. Contact the turkish embassy or airline to comfirm if that is still allowed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.