Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos (40531 Views)

Yemi Alade To Assist Amaka Jaja, A Sick Woman After Her Husband Dumped Her / Toolz Calls Out NG Classic Store Using Her Beads For Advert / Kate Henshaw Warns Akpororo To Stop Using Her For Publicity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by obi123: 12:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
Mykelpato:
Mtcheeew, so becox say we dey patronize her music, she Think say she don become super star.

The company just downloaded an African girl picture for Google

BTW, is she really pretty? Make the company remove her picture and take my sister's own.

Wow your comment though, she is a star indeed and she knows her worth, A company as large as lebara should know a thing or 2 about copyright , GOODNESS ME KNOW YOUR RIGHT, CLEARLY SHE DOES!!
whoever is responsible for this blunder should be held responsible, there has to be order , cant just be copying and pasting anybody's picture on any kind of publicity just like that especially for marketing purposes.
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by JanethEze(f): 12:40pm On Oct 12, 2015
Some one will be very rich very soon.
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by babafirst(m): 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
stefanweeks:
Thats Nasty
Dem Go Pay.... Quote me anywhere
Yemi, u don hammer grin
FTC
I swear,she don hammer!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Justice28(m): 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2015
Mykelpato:
Mtcheeew, so becox say we dey patronize her music, she Think say she don become super star.

BTW, is she really pretty? Make the company remove her picture and take my sister's own.

I won't believe assuming I was told that brainless people still exist until I ment u on nairaland chaii.. Now receive Brain
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by theDEVILisHERE: 12:46pm On Oct 12, 2015
Mykelpato:

What the company did is not right
You know if the company is attributed to something bad it can affect her image
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by charlsecy(m): 12:46pm On Oct 12, 2015
chaz007:
Like she hasn't used d picture of Jesus on her FB profile back when she was a regular girl. Did Jesus sue her??
Have you seen Jesus or His pictures?
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by chaz007(f): 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2015
charlsecy:
Have you seen Jesus or His pictures?
Literature-in-English should be introduced into the science class curriculum.
Jimmy, that was a sarcasm. Better still, a rhetorics!
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Ryda(m): 1:12pm On Oct 12, 2015
No need reading d post...she need money datsall.
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by nigerianvenom(m): 1:15pm On Oct 12, 2015
chaz007:
Like she hasn't used d picture of Jesus on her FB profile back when she was a regular girl. Did Jesus sue her??
Abegi!!!

This company is not that dumb to use a celebrity picture for a billboard ad without a consent, knowing fully well d legal implication of it. Even if they did, knowingly or unknowingly, She'd be surprised when they present a look-alike model in court. £20,000 plastic surgery is enough to get a model to lift her look. Na so e easy to cough out 6-digit sterling abi?!

Dis got me laughing
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 12, 2015
Wow,she don blow be that oh
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by ritux: 1:18pm On Oct 12, 2015
See hammer. Who God don bless no man can........
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Sunbellar: 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
chaz007:

The first paragraph was sarcasm. The subsequent paragraph was tactical and analytic. "Don't chase a rabbit u can't catch, lest you'll end up wasting ur resources on the chase". They'll manipulate the proceeding. All it takes is to present sm1 who looks very much like Yemi alade, and trust me, if there's no yemi alade look-alike, they'll simply spend half of the possible settlement to get a model to lift her look to bear a near resemblance with her.
Miss Chinaza, you talk like the UK Telecom solicitor or a practicing solicitor in the UK. Let's keep an optimistic view in her quest bearing in mind that judicial system in the UK is not as corrupt as in Nigeria. I believe with good lawyers and clear evidence, they will have no alternative than to pay. Manna no longer fall from heaven and this maybe the way God wants to settle her hussle. From your comments, you never had any confident in this case not knowing that there's no gain without pain. Life is all about risk, either way, you gain or loose.
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Bollinger(m): 1:33pm On Oct 12, 2015
Isn't it strange that outside Nigeria, Nigerians know the law and what must be done, and follow it with due diligence. But when in Nigeria they transform into animals? If this was Nigeria, na police she for go call. She no go remember say na civil case.
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Baroba(m): 1:34pm On Oct 12, 2015
repogirl:
Wow, so oyibo people sef dey donthis kaind thing?? angry

Oyibos are no saints of course,But Lebara mobile is owned by an Indian millionaire, clever chap that capitalised on exorbitant charges by British telecoms for international calls by establishing cheaper international call cards / simcards..his customers are mainly African and Asian immigrants..

This case will not see a day in court, he will probably settle Yemi handsomely and turn her brand ambassador, these people are true hustlers..

1 Like

Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
instead of blowing tantrums why not she contact the Manager of the firm, cos it's all about publicity, strike a deal or a compensation. she will surely smile to the bank.
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by youngsahito(m): 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2015
Mykelpato:

Bad belle people every where...tell ur sis make she go dey sing too na
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by stonecoldcafe: 1:59pm On Oct 12, 2015
stefanweeks:
Thats Nasty

Dem Go Pay.... Quote me anywhere

Yemi, u don hammer grin

FTC
Yes ke! As far say na abroad, dem go give am something small but if na naija, dem go beg.
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by bonechamberlain(m): 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
chaz007:
Abegi!!!

This company is not that dumb to use a celebrity picture for a billboard ad without a consent, knowing fully well d legal implication of it. Even if they did, knowingly or unknowingly, She'd be surprised when they present a look-alike model in court. £20,000 plastic surgery is enough to get a model to lift her look. Na so e easy to cough out 6-digit sterling abi?!
exactly my thoughts they could easily bring or create her look alike, and its just only her face. not her full body, makes it more easier .
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Nickymezor(f): 2:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
Gud fr her... Mills Beckons...
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by blank(f): 2:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
Tvegas:
I doubt if Lebara a corporate body will be foolish enough to do such. This is probably the action of one of their vendor or sales agent. In that case She shouldnt count her eggs yet.

As long as they are acting as agents of Lebara, she is still on point.
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by ebukaOtika(m): 2:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
My own be say make she go meet them there dey sue them oooi...cos if she dey here dey sue them ALL NA WASH
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by mildflame: 3:03pm On Oct 12, 2015
Mykelpato:

MONKEY like u nu know ur RIGHT n WORTH, sharrap ur mouth n LEARN or remain a SLAVE
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by ZianaJordana(f): 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2015
I don't see the point in this. She's wealthy already, and I highly doubt she'll be getting much money if she does win her case.
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
She would get a lot of money! It is UK and NOT Nigeria... they have strong copyright laws in that country.

ZianaJordana:
I don't see the point in this. She's wealthy already, and I highly doubt she'll be getting much money if she does win her case.
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by iwatchandlisten(m): 3:31pm On Oct 12, 2015
Mykelpato:

My dear abeg let us value and honour OUR OWN!

The name, Yemi Alade and Picture have now become a brand which many people love, therefore companies want to associate their product with in order to enhance patronage.

Note the lady who tweeted the picture said she increase her purchase cos she saw the picture and she loved YEMI ALADE...The company using her image without settling with her is not only unethical, but illegal. She is taking the proper steps to redress the situation.
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Osarieme415(m): 3:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
I and my friends were working on a pet project magazine we called Unilag times. We wanted to use Yemi Alade photo on our cover page for the sake of brand publicity,sought her permission and she charged we poor students 100K. Then we went crying to Dija who allowed us use her picture for free.
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by asha01: 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
eyesourcenews:
Yemi Alade is about to get a very nice settlement from a major UK telco! I hope Yemi’s lawyers are very good, she can get at least a six figure £ settlement…do you know how much that would be in Naira?!

The Award winning singer has kicked off legal proceeding against UK Telecoms company Lebara Mobile. Yemi Alade and her team are suing the company for copyright infringement. It would appear the telecommunications company favoured by many for highly competitive international calling rates have been using Yemi Alade’s image to promote their “Lebara Play” product on billboards & posters around the UK…without her permission!

An Instagram user who lives in the Ealing Broadway area of London, brought it to everyone’s attention when she shared a pic of the Lebara mobile poster with Alade’s image, thinking her fave was now the new brand ambassador for the company, she wrote,

''I stopped by to buy my calling card and right in front of me I saw this diva, screamed like she was right in front and in person. I had to increase my top up from £10 to £20. lol. My love for her though''

http://www.blacksatino.com/2015/10/yemi-alade-to-sue-uk-telecoms-company.html

unless her legal team can proof that the girl on the pic is Yemi Alade and not a pic of a South African girl
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Mykelpato(m): 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
prettythicksme:
And where s ur sister pinshure? grin
grin lol, nairaland will be on fire if I upload her pic here
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Mykelpato(m): 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2015
mildflame:

MONKEY like u nu know ur RIGHT n WORTH, sharrap ur mouth n LEARN or remain a SLAVE

Right u say? Dissing an Ape, is a Sin before God and man, quit quoting me.
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Mykelpato(m): 5:10pm On Oct 12, 2015
obi123:

Wow your comment though, she is a star indeed and she knows her worth, A company as large as lebara should know a thing or 2 about copyright , GOODNESS ME KNOW YOUR RIGHT, CLEARLY SHE DOES!!
whoever is responsible for this blunder should be held responsible, there has to be order , cant just be copying and pasting anybody's picture on any kind of publicity just like that especially for marketing purposes.
. I'm sure the company used the picture unknowingly, she should be proud about it. Moreover her pic is all over the Internet.
Re: Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos by Mykelpato(m): 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2015
theDEVILisHERE:

What the company did is not right
You know if the company is attributed to something bad it can affect her image
You're right sha, but the first step should be contacting the company not instituting a case in the court.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Opeyemi Aiyeola Twins Awarded As Best In English & Maths In New York / Angela Okorie In Swimwear, Fights With Trolls Online (Photos) / Is Teni A Lesbian? - Speed Darlington Questions Teniola Apata's Sexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.