Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. (28023 Views)

United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) / Buhari Is Making Appointments Without Tinubu's Knowledge- Lagos Assembly / Folasade Tinubu-Ojo Protests Against APC Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2015
chuksfor13:
I have a dream, That one day an igbo man will be the executive governor of lagos state

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 7:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
Mynd44:
Err...I don't know what to say. I know this is a means of encouraging local languages and Yoruba is spoken by the majority in Lagos hence the adoption once a week. I also know this has been the practice since 1999 and no one ever envisaged that there will ever be a member of that house that does not speak or understand Yoruba. Raising a motion to change it will be dead on arrival as the PDP does not have the numbers to effect the change in the house.

What he can do is to get a translator to go with him on Thursdays as I don't see this changing anytime.

Proudly Deceitful and treacherous

Instead to you to say what's objective and acceptable especially in a society as ours, you've decided to play your usual game.

For the benefits of others reading, Nigeria is a secular society and more so is Lagos State. There's a reason why English is adopted as the official language.

The Lagos State House of Assembly must desist forthwith in using the Yoruba language as the language for communication in any capacity whatsoever.

We want to reduce mutual suspicion and improve mutual understanding among the various ethnic groups in Nigeria. This way, we strengthen the bond of unity in the country. Our diversity with a common language is our greatest strength.

Imagine this nonsense happens in the National Assembly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by bugzbunny: 7:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
Ilekeh:

FORMER capital, no longer. So take your baggage to Abuja.
It will be igboland soon online. We don hear.
Uche go claim land owner in Lagos, but in reality, he's seeking Lagos government assistance. We don hear. grin grin
Uche get hectares of land in lekki grin grin
Kayode must be tenant in Enugu
Get use to it

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Owliver(m): 7:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
chuksfor13:
I have a dream, That one day an igbo man will be the executive governor of lagos state
its a good thing. constitutionally its allowed in every parts of Nigeria. if we can live like this above hate and tribalism it will pay. but NO we hate each other too much. its a pity

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by ibedun: 7:29pm On Oct 13, 2015
chuksfor13:

The Oba of Lagos will have to be Igbo first. I keep telling people Lagos is heading to bloodshed and inter-tribal conflict. Igbos in their unreasonable and pushy way are going to push us to that point. The Igbos fixation with EKO is getting very dangerous. How can visitors hope to take over the most valuable piece of real estate deep, so deep inside Yoruba territory (we don't share borders o!)?

I would happily volunteer my own life for the duel. They must be crushed completely!!!

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by bugzbunny: 7:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
coolitempa:

Another idiotic flat.head..... cheesy cheesy....always from the gutter..... shocked shocked shocked
Scratched face fool...
Don't die yet cos igbos will takeover dat house.. Get used to it..

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by bugzbunny: 7:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
ibedun:

The Oba of Lagos will have to be Igbo first. I keep telling people Lagos is heading to bloodshed and inter-tribal conflict. Igbos in their unreasonable and pushy way are going to push us to that point. The Igbos fixation with EKO is getting very dangerous. How can visitors hope to take over the most valuable piece of real estate deep, so deep inside Yoruba territory (we don't share borders o!)?

I would happily volunteer my own life for the duel. They must be crushed completely!!!
My guy... Who is holding u..
Wat r u waiting for...
Online warrior grin
Jobless scratch face

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by ibedun: 7:34pm On Oct 13, 2015
bugzbunny:

Scratched face fool...
Don't die yet cos igbos will takeover dat house.. Get used to it..

And you expect Yoruba to fold their hands and let that happen? Why Igbo no get sense beyond small scale trading and import?

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 13, 2015
ibedun:

J
sorry, its 2 late.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 13, 2015
ibedun:

J
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by ibedun: 7:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
chuksfor13:

sorry, its 2 late

Of course it's too late, the Oba of Lagos is Igbo.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by LieDetector(m): 7:41pm On Oct 13, 2015
coolitempa:
The fraudulent election of this man will be reversed......our generosity has been abused by these people.... angry angry angry....and our people are now wiser... angry
coolitempa my sister from a different tribe, there was nothing "fraudulent" In that election. He was democratically elected. You'll have to deal with it for the next 8yrs cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by LieDetector(m): 7:42pm On Oct 13, 2015
Tolatutu:
Since his wife is Yoruba he should ask her to teach him. Lagos is Yoruba land and we will continue to speak Yoruba in the house of assembly
point of correction : Lagos is No Man's land tongue

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 7:43pm On Oct 13, 2015
ibedun:

I guess you learnt history on Nairaland.

You better go back to primary school

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by LieDetector(m): 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2015
coolitempa:

For far too long we have endured all sorts of abuse from these people.... cheesy.....we have bent over backwards....... cheesy.....accommodated them...sheltered them.....given them an even playing ground on all....it has never been enough. What do we get back Nothing but lies upon lies upon lies... cheesy...now we know there is nothing we can ever do or change other than chasing them out of our lands....when we succeed in helping them get Biafra.....we can then form a relationship of respect... angry angry....but first they must get their Biafra... angry
my sister coolitempa, how many plots of land do you own in Lagos? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by coolitempa(f): 7:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
LieDetector:
my sister coolitempa, how many plots of land do you own in Lagos? cheesy

Of what relevance is this question.....is it another opportunity to spew forth your lies about all ibos are millionaires....meanwhile we all know they dominate the traffic gala selling trade in the SW...... cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by coolitempa(f): 8:00pm On Oct 13, 2015
LieDetector:
coolitempa my sister from a different tribe, there was nothing "fraudulent" In that election. He was democratically elected. You'll have to deal with it for the next 8yrs cheesy

I am not your sister......my family are strictly Yoruba and long may it be....... angry.......for your information....PDP rigged those elections and he will be voted out in four years......engrave these words in stone and check on it in four years time.... angry

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 8:01pm On Oct 13, 2015
coolitempa:

I am not your sister......my family are strictly Yoruba and long may it be....... angry.......for your information....PDP rigged those elections and he will be voted out in four years......engrave these words in stone and check on it in four years time.... angry

You may end up marrying an Igbo guy
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Favoye2(m): 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2015
Dis igbo people and der ways,come take over lagos,try am...u go end up for lagoon...u suppose tink about hw u go develop ur reddish brown lands...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by bugzbunny: 8:10pm On Oct 13, 2015
ibedun:

And you expect Yoruba to fold their hands and let that happen? Why Igbo no get sense beyond small scale trading and import?
Unfold ur hands..... Do ur worse

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by bugzbunny: 8:14pm On Oct 13, 2015
Favoye2:
Dis igbo people and der ways,come take over lagos,try am...u go end up for lagoon...u suppose tink abo
ut hw u go develop ur reddish brown lands...
Pained gee grin
Get used to it
Igbos are talking over

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by LieDetector(m): 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2015
coolitempa:

Of what relevance is this question.....is it another opportunity to spew forth your lies about all ibos are millionaires....meanwhile we all know they dominate the traffic gala selling trade in the SW...... cheesy
see how you just shot yourself in the foot cheesy. I only asked a question cos judging by the way and the temerity you exhibit just to say "our land", one might be tempted to believe coolitempa owns half if not the whole land in Lagos state. It might interest you to know that I own a land in Akoka. If you're still job hunting, I think I stand a better position of offering you a job perhaps making you the land manager.

What are friends for? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by LieDetector(m): 8:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
coolitempa:

but you're a Christian. You ended up betraying Christ's teachings. Talk about someone being a "second judas" grin.

If truly the election was rigged, why haven't APC or the major opposition gone to the tribunal to stake their claim? And by the way, I'm igbo and pro-apc cool
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Favoye2(m): 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
bugzbunny:

Pained gee grin
Get used to it
Igbos are talking over

Dats d highest position an igbo man can reach in Lagos, go nd take over in ur land,ur pple ar suffering... Palm oil no dey sell again...dey dnt knw anything more dan kola nd schnapps...we are in d era of #change...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Favoye2(m): 8:37pm On Oct 13, 2015
bugzbunny:

Pained gee grin
Get used to it
Igbos are talking over

Der is no need to get use to it. Dats d highest position an igbo man can reach in Lagos, go nd take over in ur land, Palm oil no dey sell again...dey dnt knw anything more dan kola nd schnapps...we are in d era of #change...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
Eran ni awon omo yeibo yi.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by jokotolaakin640(m): 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
bugzbunny:

My guy... Who is holding u..
Wat r u waiting for...
Online warrior grin
Jobless scratch face
Shut up jor
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by ibedun: 8:52pm On Oct 13, 2015
LieDetector:
see how you just shot yourself in the foot cheesy. I only asked a question cos judging by the way and the temerity you exhibit just to say "our land", one might be tempted to believe coolitempa owns half if not the whole land in Lagos state. It might interest you to know that I own a land in Akoka. If you're still job hunting, I think I stand a better position of offering you a job perhaps making you the land manager.

What are friends for? cheesy

Even if you "have" 10 hectares of Land in Lagos, you remain an Igbo. And from time to time you and your marauding family and people will be reminded that you don't belong here. Foolish people your best bet is to go and develop your ancestral land as you will never be accepted here.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by honourhim: 8:56pm On Oct 13, 2015
Tomtoxic:
if d flat head doesn't wanna hear Yoruba he should jump into d lagoon dat 1 nur nid gate fee

He hears yoruba but understands to some extent. You call someone flat head yet your head cannot differentiate between hearing and understanding. Tufiakwa.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by odutolasodiq(m): 9:01pm On Oct 13, 2015
xrisdon:

Don't worry very soon Igbos will dominate in the Lagos assembly, and we will ban the Yoruba language and makes igbo the official language grin grin grin

before any yoruba man will become governor he must understand igbo language first or be ready to be impeached grin grin
u see why I hav always said it that u people lack strategies, reason u failed in almost all ur political endeavour, u want biafra u also want to rule in no man's land. u cant eat ur cake and hav it, infact I dont think u hav any cake to eat ( u cant hav biafra and u cant govern in lagos). quote me wrong and take solace in the lagoon as prescibed by the lagos monarch.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by jumobi1(m): 9:02pm On Oct 13, 2015
Yoruba is fine in casual conversation but not when discussing official matters.
There is a reason English is the language used to teach in most, if not all State schools. If Nigeria must develop, there will be a time we will have Hausa legislators in Igbo land. We must accommodate.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by LieDetector(m): 9:03pm On Oct 13, 2015
ibedun:

Even if you "have" 10 hectares of Land in Lagos, you remain an Igbo. And from time to time you and your marauding family and people will be reminded that you don't belong here. Foolish people your best bet is to go and develop your ancestral land as you will never be accepted here.
I was having a gentle convo with coolitempa and I never expected your type to intrude. Anyways, I've seen/noticed you. You may need to swerve Mr ibedun cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

President Buhari And Governor Willie Obiano: Caption This Photo / Ban On Foreign Trip: Ihedioha Excluded, IPOB Pencils Down 4 Governors For Attack / Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns In Okene, Kogi State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.