Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,737 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. (27965 Views)

United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) / Buhari Is Making Appointments Without Tinubu's Knowledge- Lagos Assembly / Folasade Tinubu-Ojo Protests Against APC Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by odutolasodiq(m): 9:10pm On Oct 13, 2015
ibedun:

The Oba of Lagos will have to be Igbo first. I keep telling people Lagos is heading to bloodshed and inter-tribal conflict. Igbos in their unreasonable and pushy way are going to push us to that point. The Igbos fixation with EKO is getting very dangerous. How can visitors hope to take over the most valuable piece of real estate deep, so deep inside Yoruba territory (we don't share borders o!)?

I would happily volunteer my own life for the duel. They must be crushed completely!!!
seconded!
visionless people, they want biafra, they no want leave lagos! nah east lagos dey?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 13, 2015
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by odutolasodiq(m): 9:18pm On Oct 13, 2015
ibedun:

Even if you "have" 10 hectares of Land in Lagos, you remain an Igbo. And from time to time you and your marauding family and people will be reminded that you don't belong here. Foolish people your best bet is to go and develop your ancestral land as you will never be accepted here.
nice answer! they want biafra, they keep developing no man's land! u can see they lack vision.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by LieDetector(m): 9:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
Favoye2:
Dis igbo people and der ways,come take over lagos,try am...u go end up for lagoon...u suppose tink about hw u go develop ur reddish brown lands...
I guess you wanted to say "reddish brown zinc" there. Lol. Isn't it glaring that all the houses with finely designed zincs are owned by the much maligned igbo men whilst the ones with 1945 zinc and some patches are owned by the most sophisticated tribe in West Africa, yolobar cheesy. Chai grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by docsholz(m): 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
And it begins grin
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by ibedun: 9:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
honourhim:

He hears yoruba but understands to some extent. You call someone flat head yet your head cannot differentiate between hearing and understanding. Tufiakwa.

Ode. Colo-mentality. There is language and there is communication. When something is said in a form that the other understands, then communication has taken place. In Nija broken English "hear" is the same as "understand"

That Igbo pretender should worry more about IMO state than Lagos state. He is an Igbo and has no place here in Lagos. The capital has moved to Abuja.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by LieDetector(m): 9:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
odutolasodiq:
nice answer! they want biafra, they keep developing no man's land! u can see they lack vision.
we don't want biafra. We attempted to secede in 1967 but hausa, fulani, Britain, yolobar, et al insisted we stay ONE NIGERIA. We're loving this Union bro. cheesy

PS: I am not a tribalist
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hahaha another child of anger lamenting. If you cant take it anymore board an ekeledilichukwu bus and head back to yah papas hamlet cause you cant stop us from communicating in our mothers tongue.. hater oshi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
Philistine:
If he is not contented with the use of yoruba in the assembly, he can join his brothers in Biafra or take solace in the lagoon. Smh!

Access to the internet should be based on level of literacy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by ibedun: 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2015
LieDetector:
we don't want biafra. We attempted to secede in 1967 but hausa, fulani, Britain, yolobar, et al insisted we stay ONE NIGERIA. We're loving this Union bro. cheesy

PS: I am not a tribalist

Love the union all you like, Yoruba will remain Yorubas, Igbo will remain Igbos and the Hausas will remain who they are. In all federations all over the world, there is an understanding and demarcation of boundaries, what is mine is mine and yours is yours. Just because we live in the same house does not mean you can enter my flat anyhow.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Tomtoxic: 9:37pm On Oct 13, 2015
honourhim:

He hears yoruba but understands to some extent. You call someone flat head yet your head cannot differentiate between hearing and understanding. Tufiakwa.
if u talk finish u go enter lagoon
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Philistine(m): 9:38pm On Oct 13, 2015
voltron:

Access to the internet should be based on level of literacy
U dis mad man, quote me again and see d wrath of Amadioha descend on your family. Anumanu!
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by ARIZONA123(m): 9:43pm On Oct 13, 2015
kaboninc:

You may end up marrying an Igbo guy
. That bastard is a guy. Ignore him

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by ARIZONA123(m): 9:47pm On Oct 13, 2015
ibedun:

Even if you "have" 10 hectares of Land in Lagos, you remain an Igbo. And from time to time you and your marauding family and people will be reminded that you don't belong here. Foolish people your best bet is to go and develop your ancestral land as you will never be accepted here.
. Mr Ibikunle. You knw why I h8te you. You talk too much. Start this ur war already and watch as that ur papa face me and face you house taken away from you. Bastard!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by brutalkhleo(f): 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
geez....so much hatred ,smh. I thought Igbo's and Yoruba's get along better than any other tribe. And I keep reading this things called comments coming out of your brains. to build a nation where peace and justice shall reign ...that part of the anthem na lie with the way these everyday tribe and religion chaos. peace and justice can't reign ,,,After, you will be shouting change ...change ko capital no...mtcheww .may God help you all after you've insulted yourselves finish the money Jude or the governor of Lagos give you send mine too.. I am very sure your ancestors must be shaking their head wherever they are now.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by brutalkhleo(f): 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2015
geez....so much hatred ,smh. I thought Igbo's and Yoruba's get along better than any other tribe. And I keep reading this things called comments coming out of your brains. to build a nation where peace and justice shall reign ...that part of the anthem na lie with the way these everyday tribe and religion chaos. peace and justice can't reign ,,,After, you will be shouting change ...change ko capital ni...mtcheww .may God help you all after you've insulted yourselves finish the money Jude or the governor of Lagos give you send mine too..

I am very sure your ancestors must be shaking their head wherever they are now.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by brutalkhleo(f): 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2015
geez....so much hatred ,smh. I thought Igbo's and Yoruba's get along better than any other tribe. And I keep reading this things called comments coming out of your brains. to build a nation where peace and justice shall reign ...that part of the anthem na lie with the way these everyday tribe and religion chaos. peace and justice can't reign ,,,After, you will be shouting change ...change ko capital ni...mtcheww .may God help you all after you've insulted yourselves finish the money Jude or the governor of Lagos give you send mine too..

I am very sure your ancestors must be shaking their heads wherever they are now.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by kaboninc(m): 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2015
ARIZONA123:
. That bastard is a guy. Ignore him

Lol.

These funny guys
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by brutalkhleo(f): 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
Arise...quote and explode
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by ArodeTsolaye: 9:56pm On Oct 13, 2015
The only way Lagos can avoid having a Governor of Igbo extraction in future is for yorubas to join hands with their kiths and kins in Benin republic and declare a sovereign Odualand. Instead of doing Abubaku for 'One niggeria' and threatening Biafrans with 'if you go, we'll kill you'.

All these online rantings won't move a hair. Else, yorubas should get used to one 'nigger area' with a robust possibility of an Igbo governor in future. I'm sure many are still shocked that Igbos won elections in their father's compound. lol

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by ArodeTsolaye: 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2015
coolitempa:
Imagine complaining about us using our language to run our own affairs.....Ibo must go by fire by thunder.... angry angry.....a few flat.heads for farming will not be amiss.... angry

Go on the streets and start killing. Segun, you can start with the Emeka that sold you the female bra you are wearing as a transgendered cross-dresser. Nak.ed monkey! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by LieDetector(m): 10:07pm On Oct 13, 2015
ibedun:

Love the union all you like, Yoruba will remain Yorubas, Igbo will remain Igbos and the Hausas will remain who they are. In all federations all over the world, there is an understanding and demarcation of boundaries, what is mine is mine and yours is yours. Just because we live in the same house does not mean you can enter my flat anyhow.
what is yours is yours bro but that doesn't mean we shouldn't buy lands in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by ibedun: 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
ARIZONA123:
. Mr Ibikunle. You knw why I h8te you. You talk too much. Start this ur war already and watch as that ur papa face me and face you house taken away from you. Bastard!

Trust me, weeree dey worry your papa! That your hatred should be directed at your papa who brought you to a foreign land and yearned you that you belong there. Using you population to stampede Lagos state. We would trigger the crisis ourselves and one thing is sure, you will be put in your place by the time the dust settles. Democracy has limits and Lagos will set that limit in Nigeria. You cannot migrate your way out of developing your own ancestral land. Bode George in his quest to please his PDP masters allowed this sacrilege.

That guy in the house is nothing but clown!

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Favoye2(m): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2015
LieDetector:
I guess you wanted to say "reddish brown zinc" there. Lol. Isn't it glaring that all the houses with finely designed zincs are owned by the much maligned igbo men whilst the ones with 1945 zinc and some patches are owned by the most sophisticated tribe in West Africa, yolobar cheesy. Chai grin

U guys are not rich,igbo are d poorest lookin at d rate of development in SW compared to SE,u wl find a rich igbo man among 30 pauper, dem go born pikin like pig go send dem SW to sell fake tinz,pirated films,gadget s,etc SW don develop since d 19century, go to ibadan,osogbo,Ekiti, Ogbomosho,Oyo for ancient civilisation... Wake up

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Ebukaobi: 10:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
MrMbaM:

Gala seller, Your dead brain mother must be cursing you right now, you are a disgrace to the yeebhoe cursed nations. Your senile father might even be a Fulani cos they raped many of you animals in Imo. cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin

Ibos are bastrads
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Mynd44: 10:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
Owliver:
bro on a normal circumstance its not ok to speak Yoruba in such meeting. the man didn't sound rude. even if some igbos on NL sound rude ignore them. i have lived 95% of my life in lagos as an edo guy. you guys are great people. but dont take tinz like this too personal, it only divided us.
I agree that it is not appropriate to speak Yoruba in such places but then the house has made it a tradition that can be broken yes but will take numbers.

The house also represents their constituents. Do most of their constituents see this as a threat first of all? This is also why most of the public schools in Lagos and SW have Yoruba teachers readily but might not even have an Igbo or Hausa teacher. Same thing goes for the SE and Hausa dominated North.

It is wrong and we should stop but it wont be easy to stop it.

For now, he should get a translator....then again, I find it weird that he has spent so long in Lagos and cant pick up some Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by brutalkhleo(f): 10:51pm On Oct 13, 2015
who the hell amalgamated this country? ....northern part should be amalgamated with the nigers ,east with the Cameroonians and west with benin republic...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 13, 2015
Mynd44:

I agree that it is not appropriate to speak Yoruba in such places but then the house has made it a tradition that can be broken yes but will take numbers.

The house also represents their constituents. Do most of their constituents see this as a threat first of all? This is also why most of the public schools in Lagos and SW have Yoruba teachers readily but might not even have an Igbo or Hausa teacher. Same thing goes for the SE and Hausa dominated North.

It is wrong and we should stop but it wont be easy to stop it.

For now, he should get a translator....then again, I find it weird that he has spent so long in Lagos and cant pick up some Yoruba
Why are you trying to please that slowpoke because of partisan politics?
He should go to the eastern houses of assembly and stop them from using igbo language before complaining about Lagos using yoruba language.
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Mynd44: 10:59pm On Oct 13, 2015
kaboninc:

Instead to you to say what's objective and acceptable especially in a society as ours, you've decided to play your usual game.

For the benefits of others reading, Nigeria is a secular society and more so is Lagos State. There's a reason why English is adopted as the official language.

The Lagos State House of Assembly must desist forthwith in using the Yoruba language as the language for communication in any capacity whatsoever.

We want to reduce mutual suspicion and improve mutual understanding among the various ethnic groups in Nigeria. This way, we strengthen the bond of unity in the country. Our diversity with a common language is our greatest strength.

Imagine this nonsense happens in the National Assembly.
You still dont get it.

Okay, each state has a slogan and I am not talking politics like Eko O ni Baje here. Most of those in the SW is in Yoruba. These states have anthems....yes they do and the SW states have their in Yoruba....

It is not about mistrust, it is tradition that has been there for long and one expects that someone who wants to be a lawmaker there should be able to speak a language the majority of his constituents use.

It is the same way the British police posted ads looking for people who can speak certain languages and Yoruba was one of them.....because the population is there...
A lawmaker in Lagos unable to speak Yoruba is like a lawmaker in California unable to relate in Spanish. Funny

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by ibedun: 11:07pm On Oct 13, 2015
Mynd44:

I agree that it is not appropriate to speak Yoruba in such places?

What the hell is wrong with you?

Don't you see the bigger picture. You are a danger to us more than these foreigners. Why the hell do you think we should please them and continue to do things to suit them? If they don't like anything we are doing in our homeland let them go home to Igboland or go to hell!!!
Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Mynd44: 11:14pm On Oct 13, 2015
ibedun:

What the hell is wrong with you?

Don't you see the bigger picture.
What bigger picture?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. by Uchexxy(m): 11:16pm On Oct 13, 2015
MayorofLagos:
This will be like a Mexican complaining about English as the language of instruction in American schools.

Que pas habla Espanol
since when did the southwest become a country to have it's own lingua franca?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa / Share/Tsaragi clash: 4 feared killed,30 injured,50 houses burnt / Apc’s Direct Primaries: Buhari Intervenes To Stop Anti-oshiomhole Rebellion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.