Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food (4888 Views)

The Difference In Taste Between Chicken & Turkey? / Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? / Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by emilyone(f): 12:58pm On Apr 27, 2009
Hi Nairalanders,

There is this married friend of mine who so much believes dat whenever she cooks her husband must be the first to have a taste before others, even when the husband is out everybody  must wait till he comes back .

My curiosity is that: Is this relevant? Do people still practice this ?
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by dae(f): 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2009
ahhhh!! never ever heard this one in my life. Where she from?
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by emilyone(f): 5:04pm On Apr 27, 2009
she is from Ijebu, said it is a sign of respect for d hubby!
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by tpiah: 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2009
aha- is that one of the secret weapons Ijebu girls use to "hook" their husbands grin

I dont see anything wrong with it- just shows how much she values her hubby,imo.

@ topic:

I think its an individual thing- I'm not sure if its a general culture.

So do the others get a snack or something while waiting for the man to get home?
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by emilyone(f): 8:22am On Apr 28, 2009
sure, others get snacks while grumbling.

but she no send. she can be so adamant.
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by topsy25(m): 12:52pm On Apr 29, 2009
emilyone:

sure, others get snacks while grumbling.

but she no send. she can be so adamant.

Try it with your hubby or boyfriend and see if the guy will not die for you cool
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by emilyone(f): 11:03am On Apr 30, 2009
topsy25:

Try it with your hubby or boyfriend and see if the guy will not die for you cool

do you think its all men that will appreciate such ?
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by spikedcylinder: 12:54pm On Apr 30, 2009
Its definitely an individual thing. Na how she want her own abeg. Abi was it not the same husband that dropped the money for the food.

It'll be a bit extreme if she starves her children just so her husband can eat first though.
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by pinkylady1(f): 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2009
and what if the husband take an unexpected trip from the office grin grin grin grin

no food for the whole house be dat grin cheesy
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by oyizami(f): 2:50pm On Apr 30, 2009
pinky lady:

and what if the husband take an unexpected trip from the office grin grin grin grin

no food for the whole house be dat grin cheesy
she go carry the food go give am wherever him dey. cheesy
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by Outstrip(f): 3:10pm On Apr 30, 2009
Where the heck is the eye rolling emoticon
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by touchmeder: 3:25pm On Apr 30, 2009
i stayed with an aunty during my service year. She did this alot especially when it came to soup. you dare not touch that soup until after she and her husband had eaten. fortunately for her, her children were not fans of eba, fufu, pounded yam etc so they could cook whatever they wanted. i had to endure waiting for her husband to eat (or eat something else)since i could not do as her kids did.

personally i felt it was pointless doing this making people starve. my mum would just take a casserole and remove my fathers potion. simple
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by Secretz(f): 3:29pm On Apr 30, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Its definitely an individual thing. Na how she want her own abeg. Abi was it not the same husband that dropped the money for the food.

It'll be a bit extreme if she starves her children just so her husband can eat first though.

Very true!! grin
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by Rekky(f): 3:40pm On Apr 30, 2009
Una no go kill person 4 dis place.
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by maxtop(m): 3:44pm On Apr 30, 2009
It was just a sign of respect and nothing special, it shows the women cherish and adore her hubby and this is worth to emulate, grin
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by Seun(m): 3:47pm On Apr 30, 2009
But the husband's head will be too swollen and it will affect the way he relates with his children.
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by chikito1(f): 3:49pm On Apr 30, 2009
Well its a nice thing if the practice will be constant (as in forever). Just shows that the lady values

her husband. Something i will like to do for  may man as i adore him. But in some cases i think

common sense should be applied. grin
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:51pm On Apr 30, 2009
Outstrip:

Where the heck is the eye rolling emoticon

wish we had one.

There are some woman they do this to their kids. Baba must eat before you. Pathetic.
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by pinkylady1(f): 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2009
What stops her from taking his own first out of the pot before she serves

the rest of the family,,

that's what my mom does wink
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by touchmeder: 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2009
i will rather place his portion seprately and allow people who are hungry to eat.I want to believe my husband wil even be upset with me, if he comes home and meets people waiting for him to first taste one kind food before his wife and children eat. angry
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by TOYOSI20(f): 3:54pm On Apr 30, 2009
Rekky:

Una no go kill person 4 dis place.

For real undecided. . . .sounds like some form of OCD if u ask me!!
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by debosky(m): 3:55pm On Apr 30, 2009
It's ok when there are no children involved. If the other people are hungry visitors, why dem no chop for their own house?  grin grin

When it gets extended to kids it becomes ridiculous - grown men will be eating big pieces of meat while the growing children who need protein are denied. Africans get wahala sha.  cheesy

I think it depends on the kind of wife you have and whether you have offended her. If it's the kind of wife that can kill because you've offended her, someone else MUST taste that food (with 30 minutes observation period after eating) before I'll touch it.  cheesy
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:56pm On Apr 30, 2009
debosky:

It's ok when there are no children involved. If the other people are hungry visitors, why dem no chop for their own house?  grin grin

you'd be ok if your mother visited and your wife did that kinda nonsense?

oko mi debo ko ti de, gba fanta mu titi di 7pm(mama got there at 3pm)
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by debosky(m): 3:59pm On Apr 30, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Mama nor get food for her house? grin

It is not nonsense to me, as long as growing kids are not subjected to it. Nuclear family first, others (including mama) will have to get in line. tongue
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by Outstrip(f): 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2009
debosky:

If it's the kind of wife that can kill because you've offended her, someone else MUST taste that food (with 30 minutes observation period after eating) before I'll touch it.  cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you dey craze o
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by Secretz(f): 4:01pm On Apr 30, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

lol very true oh!!  

@ debo, you would not like it one tiny bit!!  grin
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:02pm On Apr 30, 2009
Dont mind him. He's lying. Unless he'd love for his family to hate his wife and accuse her of trying to starve thme to death
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by Secretz(f): 4:02pm On Apr 30, 2009
debosky:

Mama nor get food for her house? grin

It is not nonsense to me, as long as growing kids are not subjected to it. Nuclear family first, others (including mama) will have to get in line. tongue

point noted!! for future reference, some day your wife will hold that against you!!  grin
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by debosky(m): 4:23pm On Apr 30, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Dont mind him. He's lying. Unless he'd love for his family to hate his wife and accuse her of trying to starve thme to death

See me see wahala. Is my wife a cooking machine?

Anyone that can't eat in their house or wait for me to arrive can starve. If they accuse her, I will tell them that it is MY instruction so she is simply being a good wife by obeying. tongue

If they don't learn after that, they will need to fill application forms to step into my house from then on. grin

Secretz:

point noted!! for future reference, some day your wife will hold that against you!!  grin
Hold it against me? Why? That's how my father did it and it worked for him. cheesy
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by Secretz(f): 4:26pm On Apr 30, 2009
debosky:

See me see wahala. Is my wife a cooking machine?

Anyone that can't eat in their house or wait for me to arrive can starve. If they accuse her, I will tell them that it is MY instruction so she is simply being a good wife by obeying. tongue

If they don't learn after that, they will need to fill application forms to step into my house from then on. grin
Hold it against me? Why? That's how my father did it and it worked for him. cheesy

LMAO Ok oooooo, your wife will be a very lucky woman to have you stand up for her sha! But we both know when mama clip those ur ears after giving such an instruction, you will take it back!! tongue
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:27pm On Apr 30, 2009
debosky:

S. If they accuse her, I will tell them that it is MY instruction so she is simply being a good wife by obeying. tongue

You know how Naija works, even if you do support your wife's action, they'll still hold grudges against her. Why have her go thru that cos you're insane
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by Secretz(f): 4:28pm On Apr 30, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

You know how Naija works, even if you do support your wife's action, they'll still hold grudges against her. Why have her go thru that cos you're insane

lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Prepare Garden Egg Sauce; An Amazing Recipe You Should Know / Recommended Natural Recipe For a Healthy Living / ''suya'' Is A Hausa Name. Here Is The English Name For It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.