Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW (31845 Views)

Reason Why Should Delete Your Facebook App / Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone / Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Smartphone, Right NOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by Entertain9jar(f): 6:12pm On Oct 16, 2015
Facebook has acknowledged its iPhone app is causing a battery life CRISIS for users
FACEBOOK is DRAINING the battery life on your iPhone behind your back.

Facebook’s official iPhone app is munching away at your battery life.
The US social network has this week acknowledged reports of the smartphone app draining battery life on iPhones running the latest version of iOS, dubbed 9.0.2.
Users have flooded social media with complaints about the app – which can drain over a THIRD of your iPhone battery.

Facebook's iOS app is also able to run in the background, draining mobile data and battery life, even with the background app refresh setting toggled off.
A spokesperson for the hugely popular social network told NewsNewsBlog..com: "We have heard reports of some people experiencing battery issues with our iOS app.
"We’re looking into this and hope to have a fix in place soon."
But until Facebook rolls out an update for its smartphone app, the only solution to stop the battery rot is to remove the app from your smartphone.

Read more >>> http://newsnewsblog..com.ng/2015/10/this-is-why-you-should-delete-facebook.html#0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by Baroba(m): 6:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
Not just on IOS, Facebook app for android is a well known resource hugging app. The difference for android users is, you can acquire root privileges and install third party apps that will freeze or limit FB processing.. On my device Facebook and Facebook messenger are in permanent hibernation until I call them up. The beauty of open source..

The best thing is to simply access there mobile site regardless of which OS you use..

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by CharlyNick: 9:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
Thank God I don't have One

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by ultraawesome(m): 12:44am On Oct 17, 2015
Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by Baroba(m): 1:51am On Oct 17, 2015
ultraawesome:
The annoying thing z dat on android,it cant be uninstalled

Huh? Why not, its not a system app last time I checked..

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by imsuboi(m): 1:55am On Oct 17, 2015
I deleted the devilish app(s) off my 5c a long time ago; best decision I've made in a long while. undecided

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by Whizpeter(m): 7:30am On Oct 17, 2015
Everything about iOS must have K-leg

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by chudyprince: 11:36am On Oct 17, 2015
Baroba:

Huh? Why not, its not a tem app last time I checked..
in some phones like Motorola Droid its a system app

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by chudyprince: 11:40am On Oct 17, 2015
I petty those folks who sold one of their kidney in exchange for this Pies of shit

9 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by Emmanuel602(m): 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2015
Uninstalled it from my android phone two months ago, when i noticed it was " a master of background data consumption".
Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by Bonapart(m): 1:06pm On Oct 17, 2015
Team Samsung galaxy

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by Etizz: 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2015
Can't remember wen last I use Facebook.....
Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by Sijo01(f): 1:08pm On Oct 17, 2015
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 17, 2015
Including iPad
Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2015
Baroba:
Not just on IOS, Facebook app for android is a well known resource hugging app. The difference for android users is, you can acquire root privileges and install third party apps that will freeze or limit FB processing.. On my device Facebook and Facebook messenger are in permanent hibernation until I call them up. The beauty of open source..

The best thing is to simply access there mobile site regardless of which OS you use..
doesn't affect blackberry OS. grin

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by sherif4owo(m): 1:12pm On Oct 17, 2015
Kkk
Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by RemyMartins(m): 1:13pm On Oct 17, 2015
The only reason why I have facebook app on my phones is simply because every 9:00am it reminds me of the birthday of my friends.

That simply saves some data in my brain dont you think?

11 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by nicedas(m): 1:14pm On Oct 17, 2015
all na wash
Re: This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 17, 2015
ultraawesome:
The annoying thing z dat on android,it cant be uninstalled
well that depends on if it came with the phone, i used android n i can do whatever i facebook.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Easy Fix For Glo Data Network Not Displaying / Nigerians Spend N197bn Monthly On Internet Data / Itel And Olamide Launch Itel P36 And P36 Pro In First Virtual Product Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.