Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” (18762 Views)

Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan / Adebayo Shittu Flies Economy Class From Abuja To Lagos / The Minister Of Communication Adebayo Shittu And His Wife Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 21, 2015
A ministerial nominee, Adebayo Shittu, who was screened by the Senate on Tuesday declined to publicly comment on the extremist Boko Haram sect, saying he feared for his safety.

Boko Haram is currently ravaging North-East Nigeria, killing, bombing innocent citizens.

Mr. Shittu, responding to a question pertaining the activities of sect, said he could not publicly comment on the sect, expressing fear over his safety.

“I cannot publicly comment on Boko Haram; I still have family to care of,” he said

He noted that many northern leaders were “unfairly” criticised for not speaking out against the sect.
Mr. Shittu explained that Boko Haram had killed anybody who spoke out against the sect.
“So anybody that still wants to live will not condemn that faceless group publicly.”

Mr. Shittu, a lawyer and Islamic scholar, however, insisted that the activities the sect negated the principles of Islam.

“They can claim to be anything,” the ministerial nominee. “They even claim to be a Christian; but if you are Christian and still goes to babalawo (herbalist), you are not really a Christian.

“So also if you say you are a Muslim but kills innocent people, you are not really a Muslim,” he explained.
He further said Islam teaches freedom of religion as a central tenet, pointing that “Almighty Allah says he wants everybody to be of same faith, he will have done so”.

He had earlier said he was never indicted for religious intolerance in Oyo State.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/191815-i-wont-comment-on-boko-haram-i-still-have-family-to-take-care-of-ministerial-nominee-shittu.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 21, 2015
Its only in Nigeria a ministerial nominee will utter such trash and still be asked to bow and go.
Dis shows the level to which dis terrorists wield influence in dis country, yet all we get is propaganda of "winning the war".

Well, if the head is an illiterate dullard, you don't expect anything meaningful from his foot soldiers.
The same pple he spent four months just to select.

Tufiakwa for this Zoo!!

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by kossyablaze(m): 7:47am On Oct 21, 2015
Cowar*

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by bilulu(m): 7:50am On Oct 21, 2015
meaning he isn't ready to die and sacrifice for d country yet he wants to feed from d country. wat a hypocrite

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by Bugatie(m): 7:52am On Oct 21, 2015
The man showed possible signs of an extremist!
Crass irresponsibility, and to even imagine that Senators laughed with him

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by Singingbae(m): 7:57am On Oct 21, 2015
Technocrats!!!!! cheesy

Please I think this a disgrace self, dem throw u d question, use a way to divert d question to another thing but u openly nd utterly say this?

Technocrats indeed

5 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by Zellie: 7:58am On Oct 21, 2015
Criticising northern leaders for not speaking out against BH was unfair? ? ? I weep for this nation cry

31 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by Tallesty1(m): 7:59am On Oct 21, 2015
bilulu:
meaning he isn't ready to die and sacrifice for d country yet he wants to feed from d country. wat a hypocrite
There's love in sharing not in dying bro.

No Nigeria in power will sacrifice his life for us.

They can't even sacrifice their lunch.

Look, bro. We are on our own.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by zinachidi(m): 7:59am On Oct 21, 2015
bilulu:
and are u ready to die for this country? Speak for ur self bro.. though he wasn't really supposed to say that anyways

3 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by menix(m): 8:04am On Oct 21, 2015
Buhari kind of technocrat...

Took him 4 month to give us another boko haram sympathizer..

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by kadas01(m): 8:21am On Oct 21, 2015
Truly, "cowards they say, die many times before their death"!-William Shakespeare!

It's such a "painful irony" the kind of people that run the affairs of this country!

6 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by mymadam(m): 8:31am On Oct 21, 2015
The Nigerian citizen... I have a message for you. "Always remember that... YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN". Period!

22 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by Dhortunn(m): 10:46am On Oct 21, 2015
And this same person will be ready to fight for billions in the next coming months all in the name of being a Minister? A minister that is confused, we don't even know where he stands. This is where the problem starts... Well, the good people don't last. Mr. Minister, i suppose you will last long to choke on public funds. Nonsense! Scammers everywhere!

6 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by Bonapart(m): 10:46am On Oct 21, 2015
ADEBAYO.....sounds cowardly to me

Adebayo, you're a coward

8 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 21, 2015
Editor1:
Its only in Nigeria a ministerial nominee will utter such trash and still be asked to bow and go.
Dis shows the level to which dis terrorists wield influence in dis country, yet all we get is propaganda of "winning the war".

Well, if the head is an illiterate dullard, you don't expect anything meaningful from his foot soldiers.
The same pple he spent four months just to select.

Tufiakwa for this Zoo!!

You are an animal in this zoo. Mofo

8 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by eleojo23: 10:47am On Oct 21, 2015
These people only look out for themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by jmoore(m): 10:47am On Oct 21, 2015
Another coward as a minister. I wonder how Buhari found this man. undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 21, 2015
Great
Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by steffans(m): 10:47am On Oct 21, 2015
This same Shittu that all his points were based on religion

Or will buhari open a special ministry for this guy Ministry of Islamic Affiars/State lipsrsealed

In my Opinion the guy does not sound sharp at all... undecided

19 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by Abbeyme: 10:48am On Oct 21, 2015
Dear Mr Ministerial-nominee,

If you cannot put the nation first above personal interest in national matters, then you are not prepared to be a minister of the Federal Republic.

Yours,
Ready Nigerian.

8 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 21, 2015
Coward.
Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by Firefire(m): 10:48am On Oct 21, 2015
shocked shocked

Mr. Shittu explained that Boko Haram had killed anybody who spoke out against the sect.

“So anybody that still wants to live will not condemn that faceless group publicly.”

Se oro re, abi isokuso.

APC is the BIGGEST SCAM in the history of Africa.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by minwafor: 10:49am On Oct 21, 2015
If Out of all the 170 million Nigerians, Mr President could only find a man with extremist views and allegedly indicted for ethnic conflict, it means that someone is confused.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by babafirst(m): 10:51am On Oct 21, 2015
This is the most disastrous nominee.Baba please do the needful,replace him for that hopeless statement.We make mistakes,this man is a mistake.

3 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by tolexy007(m): 10:51am On Oct 21, 2015
grin grin grin even the politicians they fear bokoharram grin grin grin
Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 21, 2015
That's the piece of shit that was nominated for Minister

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by AINATOLULOPE: 10:51am On Oct 21, 2015
wink
Re: Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” by dyn1800: 10:51am On Oct 21, 2015
I'm a Muslim ..... That's most the dumbest statements to be made by an Islamic scholar..... They're known to be fearless and say the truth in the face of any adversity.... I'm utterly gutted by that statements

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Presidential Aspirant, Kingsley Moghalu Defects To ADC / Collapsed National Grid: Restoration At Advanced Stages - TCN / Buhari Tenders National Apology To Family Of MKO Abiola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.