Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,397 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village (26219 Views)

Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos / How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. / The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by godwin120alex: 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2015
Suprised cos I go there so often and even my friends for yrs. Sorry bro for d loss of ur money . You will get ten folds of d amount collected from u

1 Like

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2015
dat kind scenerio when crowd dey gather n those boiz are challengin u, u challenge dem bak, trust me u'll av d backing of d mob if those boiz dare try anyfin funny
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by tunesoft(m): 5:06pm On Oct 22, 2015
That computer village n.a. useless area. Soon it will be left to rot. They obtained an iphone6 from friend?..pick pocket. so sad police there are useless...just useless. We should start writing an online petition against them.
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by armadeo(m): 5:14pm On Oct 22, 2015
fbtowner:

I don't bliv this bro. No offence but if u are frequent in CV u won't give area boys 1k. A whole 1k. Or maybe u are bigboy shaa.

That's were I work and. Godville is right u have to look like u want to go and kill somebody. Its the way things work there take it or u wud keep paying 1k tax every time u visit

I don't know how many imrsi have entered computer village but I have never been stopped. I wasn't even aware that people were obtained there.

As You said whenever I have to go there it's always due to a problem that has frustrated me and my looks could literally kill....

1 Like

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by armadeo(m): 5:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:
I was at that Godville yesterday to get a new system, anyone wey approach me, na devilish smile I dey show the person, one even com meet me make I buy wrist watch, I just stop, look am face2face, I be Dbanj, or you no see watch for my hand?, the guy waka find anoda maga. I no dey dull whenever I they go any Lagos market, from Alaba to CV, Yaba, Olosha(Mushin). you dull, they scam you. Just dress like street nigga, if you are too corporate, waka with swag, and get slang for mouth.

It's not about dressing. It's the look. As I said before I work at ikeja and roll there a times when my paid guy fcuks up. I a.m. coperately dressed and have never experienced this.

E dey the eye.
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by armadeo(m): 5:23pm On Oct 22, 2015
litaninja:
Trust me, na your face. You have the face of a computer village jjc. Even if a non-novice goes into that place make him knack, tie, join suit, once dem see the guy face, them go just about-turn.
Ask anybody...

You've confirmed by opinion.

E dey the eye.
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by mart2k(m): 5:46pm On Oct 22, 2015
Sanchez01:

I frequent computer village a lot, and I can as well say I don't have a JJC look. Perhaps the shop owner gave me away. Perhaps my face looked too gentle enough for them.

Thanks thoughsmiley
next time u visit there, bounce as u walk n make a strong face. If anybody approach u, u first curse his papa then his mama. Daz how to deal wit d situation

2 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by fullblast(m): 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2015
Just by mere instinct, I just know I have to go in n out of there with a very mean face.
One time I patronized a hawker for memory card, those guys came around to distract me inorder to pick-pocket me. Just @nick of time, I caught one of dem, his hand hanging near my side pocket. I roared @him n he froze but stylishly started dancing shoki. Smiling @d comedy, I quickly walked away

1 Like

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by mart2k(m): 5:54pm On Oct 22, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:
Yo.ROBBER touts... Instead of them to own shops like those yeebos... The are busy taking it by force... OP, sorry but it seems they are your people... Ambode must hear this, OPC too... Oya make una go do family meeting... cool
what u ar telling us is that there ar no touts in ur erosion infested south east?
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by pbs4real(m): 6:07pm On Oct 22, 2015
Sanchez01:

Sometimes the way you guys reason people out ehn... I don't recall describing what I wore and I don't see how the omo baba olowo part applies.

Thanks though.
am surprised myself, instead nah me go Gba them undecided anyways they look @ faces bfore they try anytin stupid shocked

1 Like

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by tivta(m): 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2015
Godvilla:
I cant say more than what iv posted
I work there, so i know what a saying. I didnt ask u to dress up like a mad man
My guy you are dead right, when ever I go there am always frowning, quick steps and head straight to where I can get what I want or go to a familiar shop to ask for directions.
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by izutex007(m): 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2015
Lagos is one place in Nigeria dt needs the God-kind of revival!!!
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by initialize(m): 6:50pm On Oct 22, 2015
Evathyst:
Initialize! Lolz! One begins to wonder how many dues you self pay before you 'blend' wink

grin

Hello Darling!

I paid mine as well but that was before I became initialize.

I was aware of such antics before I stepped into Computer Village, Ikeja.

I learnt my own lesson at Underbridge Electronics Market, Oshodi. Them scam me tire sote dem begin dey pity me. From buying Gameboy with faulty "A" and "B" buttons to Sega that won't recognize its pad when plugged.

When my cousin and I gathered money to buy new Sega dem pick our pocket we had to trek from Oshodi to Sanya Express before using our last card to enter Ijesha bus at Sanya.

Mehn! cry

Eko, ile ogbon, if person no sharp for Lagos na d person go mugu reach grave be that.

Whenever I enter that market now dem dey hail me and the person wey scam me wella that time don turn Pastor now shocked

2 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by badesco(m): 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2015
It is a daily occurence so u need yo be really smart and chap.
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Princessgold(f): 6:58pm On Oct 22, 2015
Wat is d policeman business in ur matter now, is like u ar JJC dats y ok pls stop talking rubbish abt Nigeria police ok because dey didn't do u wrong. Wat concern agbero wit police. Na wa 4 nigeria people oooooo
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by ODUBEZE: 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2015
DrGraveYardz:
Next time,you copy the names of the police officers and upload them on the net. Expose every corrupt police officers involved.
That is if they use their name tags.
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by joe120120(m): 7:07pm On Oct 22, 2015
Sanchez01:
Perhaps one or two persons would relate to my ordeal after sharing.

I went to the Computer Village at Ikeja on Saturday, 17th Oct, to purchase a head phone I had longed to get for a while now. I had an example of what I wanted in mind and was not ready to compromise my stand on this.

I had also made up my mind not to go too deep for security reasons; computer village touts/area boys are more concentrated in the farther part of the market and being harassed unduly was not just it for me.

The first shop I visited just by the bridge didn't have what I wanted and the guy therein cajoled me into buying something else which was not just it. I wasted no time in trying out the next shop but I noticed I was being followed by 4 mean looking guys. I couldn't tell for how long I was stalked but it was pretty obvious something wasn't right.

Fortunately, I saw the "HD Monster Micro SD Player beats by dr. dre" in the next shop and wasted no time in bargaining. I paid, came out of the shop with the intent of moving towards the bridge, only to find out that my stalkers (now about 5 of them) had divided themselves like a pack of wolves who has their sights on a gazelle.

Seeing that it was becoming a nightmare by the minute, I moved towards some policemen who were around one of their vans under the bridge. One of the touts, supposedly their boss walked up to me while the others surrounded me in no time. Micro SD sellers turned spectators as well as passers' by. I could see the policemen looking at us from a distance. They were clearly unmoved by the scene, judging by the expression their faces.

One of the touts spoke up "a ti n so e lataaro" (we've been stalking you for a while). It didn't really come as a surprise but what I did wrong is what I couldn't picture.

"Oya, fun wa l'owo!" (Now, give us money!) Their supposed head retorted. It was a dream. How in the world would touts harass someone in the presence of policemen

Quite scared, I told him I didn't understand what I had done to warrant being "fined". At my words, the minions were ready to attack me but couldn't as their boss calmed them. Obviously angry at this point, he said "a n be a so lero, o fe gbo. O fe ka gba gbogbo t'owo e, abi?" (We have told you calmly, you don't want to listen. Do you want us to take everything on you?"

The crowd had increased by this time and they watched helplessly while the policemen didn't move a nerve. It was at this point it dawned on me what I was up against. Without wasting time, I reached for my wallet which was carefully tucked away in my pant's back pocket and offered them #500 but he (their supposed boss) refused it, claiming my money is #2000!

I was baffled. I tucked my #500 away and gave them #1000 which they collected and started stumping a foot each on the ground as they sang my praise. I heaved a sigh of relief as I quickly proceeded to leave the scene. It was pretty embarrassing to say the least.

I shared my ordeal with a friend yesterday and he confirmed he had faced something similar. His case however was shocking. He claimed he resisted and the policemen "arrested" all of them while he "bailed" himself with #2000 without going to a police station.undecided

Please be wary of these touts at Ikeja. Some officers of the NPF have no life.

Lalasticlala, please help raise this awareness.

u lie ,u did not go to store & buy it period
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by ODUBEZE: 7:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
Sanchez01:

I went to the Computer Village at Ikeja on Saturday, 17th Oct, to purchase a head phone I had longed to get for a while now. I had an example of what I wanted in mind and was not ready to compromise my stand on this.

I had also made up my mind not to go too deep for security reasons; computer village touts/area boys are more concentrated in the farther part of the market and being harassed unduly was not just it for me.

The first shop I visited just by the bridge didn't have what I wanted and the guy therein cajoled me into buying something else which was not just it. I wasted no time in trying out the next shop but I noticed I was being followed by 4 mean looking guys. I couldn't tell for how long I was stalked but it was pretty obvious something wasn't right.

Fortunately, I saw the "HD Monster Micro SD Player beats by dr. dre" in the next shop and wasted no time in bargaining. I paid, came out of the shop with the intent of moving towards the bridge, only to find out that my stalkers (now about 5 of them) had divided themselves like a pack of wolves who has their sights on a gazelle.

Seeing that it was becoming a nightmare by the minute, I moved towards some policemen who were around one of their vans under the bridge. One of the touts, supposedly their boss walked up to me while the others surrounded me in no time. Micro SD sellers turned spectators as well as passers' by. I could see the policemen looking at us from a distance. They were clearly unmoved by the scene, judging by the expression their faces.

One of the touts spoke up "a ti n so e lataaro" (we've been stalking you for a while). It didn't really come as a surprise but what I did wrong is what I couldn't picture.

"Oya, fun wa l'owo!" (Now, give us money!) Their supposed head retorted. It was a dream. How in the world would touts harass someone in the presence of policemen

Quite scared, I told him I didn't understand what I had done to warrant being "fined". At my words, the minions were ready to attack me but couldn't as their boss calmed them. Obviously angry at this point, he said "a n be a so lero, o fe gbo. O fe ka gba gbogbo t'owo e, abi?" (We have told you calmly, you don't want to listen. Do you want us to take everything on you?"

The crowd had increased by this time and they watched helplessly while the policemen didn't move a nerve. It was at this point it dawned on me what I was up against. Without wasting time, I reached for my wallet which was carefully tucked away in my pant's back pocket and offered them #500 but he (their supposed boss) refused it, claiming my money is #2000!

I was baffled. I tucked my #500 away and gave them #1000 which they collected and started stumping a foot each on the ground as they sang my praise. I heaved a sigh of relief as I quickly proceeded to leave the scene. It was pretty embarrassing to say the least.

I shared my ordeal with a friend yesterday and he confirmed he had faced something similar. His case however was shocking. He claimed he resisted and the policemen "arrested" all of them while he "bailed" himself with #2000 without going to a police station.undecided

Thanks for the awareness. At least I now know what I might be up against when I enter computer village.
I am sure it will also be of great help to so many out there.
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by ElPhenomenal(m): 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2015
It happened to me too like three week ago, baba i no get anything ni moh so
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by engrjacuzzi: 7:52pm On Oct 22, 2015
police is your friend
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Papse: 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2015
Godvilla:
u dnt walk like a new born baby in computer village, u'll just pass a signal across to them. "He's new"

You r Right, body language speaks
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Hero10001: 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2015
Godvilla:
u dnt walk like a new born baby in computer village, u'll just pass a signal across to them. "He's new"
The op is a dumbo, he's suffering from fake complexes.
It is his type that walk the streets with fear of unknown and imaginary attack.
What a pity.
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by amparas(m): 8:56pm On Oct 22, 2015
the police is ur friend grin grin grin
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by gary400(m): 9:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
next time if u or anybody dey enter village....find corper face cap put am...nobody go tackle u...I swear...even if u get baby face...wear d cap....won bi iyalaya won da( dem no born dia mama well)....
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by fbtowner(m): 10:27pm On Oct 22, 2015
armadeo:

I don't know how many imrsi have entered computer village but I have never been stopped. I wasn't even aware that people were obtained there.

As You said whenever I have to go there it's always due to a problem that has frustrated me and my looks could literally kill....

Gbam

U don't smile unnecessarily in computer Village.

Na military movement
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:41pm On Oct 22, 2015
My experience was years back,like 7yrs ago.
A young scholar needed a laptop for his uncle,I got the laptop for him,he was walking holding the laptop in front of me all of a sudden someone ran out of his shop and attempted to drag the laptop from the young guy from OSU,I immediately snatched the laptop from the student and,na deir wahala start o.
The guess claimed the laptop was stolen from their shop,and I said they must provide details of the stolen laptop to check if its same as this,they gave out the configuration which is different ,so I said dey must bring out the invoice they used in buying the laptop b4 I can even drop mine to chech configuration,all these whle cum see crowd wey don gather me walai no be here oh,wheni now realised its outa hands I said I won't talk to nobody but going to any closest police post
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by stonecoldcafe: 12:11am On Oct 23, 2015
Sanchez01:

I am sorry for what you went through but somehow, I don't really know why you guys keep going to that place. I'm really confused so maybe you can help me. Don't you read evil stuff about that place from Nairaland? Would you feign ignorance?
I have read so much about Computer Village from Nairaland and that is the last place I would visit to buy anything. I JUST CANT. WHY DO YOU GUYS KEEP GOING BACK THERE WITH SO MANY EVIL TALES? AKPU PHONE, SHORTCHANGING PEOPLE OF THEIR HARD EARNED FOREIGN CURRENCY, THEFT, ATM THEFT. SO MANY RUBBISH. [size=28pt]SO WHY DO YOU GUYS KEEP GOING BACK THERE?[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by sniper1305(m): 1:07am On Oct 23, 2015
Gerarahehha menhhh, na u dos mobile men com gaurd coz of mumu 4 computer village na, small otndo like u, if I dey there sef, ah go slap u join 4 been a dullard
Sanchez01:

I was helpless. I needed not raise an alarm. It was in the open and the policemen stationed at the place were close to us but never deemed it fit to move an inch. It sincerely dawned on me that onlookers won't do a thing knowing fully well that officers of the NPF were looking at us at that point in time. I couldn't believe it, even after the scenario. It was like a movie.
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by tunde1200(m): 4:11am On Oct 23, 2015
grin
Which signal?.

Godvilla:
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 23, 2015
Na so one mumu almost slap me last month. He just called me from back as if he knew me. "Paddi mi" as I look back like this. The guy just walk up to me saying "Baba npe e" I was like... do I have any father here?... lol. Na so I see the Baba under one Canopy waving at me to come closer. If you see him face ehen. Them no born u well to move an inch. To cut the story short sha. I later gave them 500naira with abeg cos they were threaten to beat me up and nothing would happen. I almost kill myself when I get home say me wey be Champion for my area. Na em dem come rubbish for Ikeja wey no be Island. lol.... Since then na Jalamia or Native I dey wear go Computer Village.
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by totoisgud(m): 9:02am On Oct 23, 2015
Sanchez01:

Thankssmiley

OP u don't hv to dress like a street guy. D only reason 2 dress like a street guy is 4 d traders. They would astronomically increase price of their goods if u r well dressed and they think u hv moni.

U hv 2 b able 2 hold yr own. U hv 2 b able 2 stand up 2 these touts & show them u r a man 2. While doing this, u hv 2 also b careful. When I went 2 ladipo 2 buy a new engine, area boys came out. I think I parted with abt 2k. But I think dat is d norm in dat area if u r buying something as big as an engine.

Hv never been 2 computer village b4 but don't think d touts there hv teeth. I don't c how they can successfully molest u in d middle of d market during d day with everybody watching. However I may b wrong. I've been 2 Ojuelegba & Mushin. I was well dressed & no1 came around me. Anywayz maybe craze dey recognise craze. Years back, I found myself in Iwaya. 1 guy with ogogoro breath came & said I should give him money. D 1St thing I asked was whether he knew me. I started laughing. I then asked him whether his problem was my problem. I basically ignored him after dat. My driver later told me 2 b more careful dat d guy is d no1 area boy in dat place.

I hope u get d gist.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 5 Smartphones With The Best Designs 2018. They’re All Chinese ! (PHOTOS) / Memory Cards (SD) Not Detected On Mobile Phones Solved / Which Network Is Currently Working For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.