Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,936 members, 7,810,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village (26223 Views)

Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos / How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. / The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Sanchez01: 6:33am On Oct 22, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:
Yo.ROBBER touts... Instead of them to own shops like those yeebos... The are busy taking it by force... OP, sorry but it seems they are your people... Ambode must here this, OPC too... Oya make una go do family meeting...
For the first time ever, I marvelled at how silly anyone could be. For the record, I'm a Deltan who can write, speak Yoruba perfectly.

You should try reasoning like a normal human being sometimes. It's painless, free and even more profitable. Cretin.

9 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Sanchez01: 6:40am On Oct 22, 2015
fbtowner:

I don't bliv this bro. No offence but if u are frequent in CV u won't give area boys 1k. A whole 1k. Or maybe u are bigboy shaa.

That's were I work and. Godville is right u have to look like u want to go and kill somebody. Its the way things work there take it or u wud keep paying 1k tax every time u visit
It's the Gospel truth. And it has nothing to do with being a big boy or not. My ordeal was the first anyone would narrate to me. More so, seeing policemen just few feets away from us and they comfortably looked on while those touts flocked around me caused me to think really hard even while they flocked around me.

At some point, I thought they were cultists who were only brandishing their egos, probably because they're known around the market and its environ.

I frequent computer village a lot and that was the first time ever I'd see such happen. Hence, my fear.
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Sanchez01: 6:42am On Oct 22, 2015
BiitchAmMe:
@Op next time u wan go computer village..
*Dress like street guy if u no say u get gentle face.
*No eva dress like say u wan go catch bae.
*Fast ur movement...no ansa anybody wey call u.
*And no form say u sabi speak english. because dem go jus reason ur matter
*Jus focus on where u dey go.
Or else dem go street u and notin wey u go fit do.
Thankssmiley
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by simplejayy(m): 7:09am On Oct 22, 2015
the op has just attended STREET101 class. I hope u learnt the ethics now. Learning is continous...
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by azpekuliar: 7:46am On Oct 22, 2015
Chidexter:
The Nigerian Police has been filled with cowards, ex-criminals and touts in disguise.
A thread about policemen who frame innocent civilians by hiding bullets in their cars has just been posted already.

One begins to wonder who to beware of?. Thieves, Criminals? Or our very own Police?.
Infact, Despite the fact that i b soldier pikin, if i see a group of policemen, i dont go 20ft near them, not because i'm a criminal but because i'm afraid anything can happen....
Thats why most times i dont feel sympathy for them when they have clashes with Soldiers, and the soldiers end up dealing with them.

Why wont soldiers beat them up, when sometimes those soldiers were once civilians and might have been oppressed by Policeman.

The Police are not your friends, dont be deceived

Can I get a link to that thread? Thanks
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 22, 2015
Op, you did the right thing by giving them money, don't mind those internet commandos calling you JJC, just because you employed tact when faced with the unknown. I'm pretty certain if they were to be in your shoes at that point in time, they would have fared far worse, talk is cheap after all. Tactical retreat is not cowardice, better to be safe now than to be sorry later on.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by hob(m): 10:30am On Oct 22, 2015
whenever i go to the computer village, i keep at alert and walk very fast

so many times dose touts ve approached me

shi shi i no give dem

2 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by unilagfreshest(m): 11:00am On Oct 22, 2015
guy, after reading al comments..... congrats cz u v paid ur dues n am very sure it wont happen again( i paid mine too in 2012)..i frequent comp vill like 3 times a week cz of my biz (engr). so let me tutor u esp ppl dat same might still happen...
.1. the policemen might not be aware wats going on.
2. as JJC or not regular user of the market..."Don't go alone" , try to find a friend or bro. it helps nd scare them (dos touts) away from u cz its difficult to get 2 or more attention al at once.
3. those guys are harmless, i mean very harmless, they play on ur psychology and intelligence. if they notice you are afraid they will capitalize on that. (the way u walk, look etc.)
4. if u want to buy anything and you don't know where to buy..... enter the market and enter ANY shop, ask the attendant what u want and where u can get it.. they will direct you.
5. When walking alone, avoid eye contact with anyone. walk as fast as you can, don't stop or start looking at people sellin or arguing.
6. Don't stop when anyone call u or try to stop u, keep moving.
7. if they eventually stop you, frown and tell them u know where you r going. and continue moving. never stop or relax.
8. never buy anything from road side,(esp phones). use shops.instead..
9. if all failed use street voice tell dem u b agege, mushin or orile boy. most of dem r from there, so they will free u
10. If dat one sef fail, ...tell dem to follow you to police post (otigba str, beside fidelity bank, close to micro-station)..in all jarae.

5 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Lstar4real(m): 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
M thinking of opening this thread already.... It happened to me on September when I went to help a friend with something in computer... It was shocking police know about the Unlawful & the illegal act.......I Just gave them #200 I walker away...........

Something need to be done ASAP
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Sanchez01: 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2015
unilagfreshest:
guy, after reading al comments..... congrats cz u v paid ur dues n am very sure it wont happen again( i paid mine too in 2012)..i frequent comp vill like 3 times a week cz of my biz (engr). so let me tutor u esp ppl dat same might still happen...
.1. the policemen might not be aware wats going on.

Trust me, the policemen were just a stone throw away from us. They stared at our direction even when passers' by gathered. They knew something was wrong, why they didn't move a muscle remains a mystery.
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Squad4(m): 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
Sanchez01:

It's quite obvious you didn't read my post. I never said I smiled to them, neither did I STOP. They flocked around me and a reasonable human at the time would halt, which I did. I went elsewhere to get what I desired after discovering the first shop didn't have it. It's unfortunate you didn't read through, let alone comprehend my post. It would have been better if you didn't post as it is obvious you didn't understand the post in any way.

Thanks though. I won't smile next time.

You prefer to speak grammar than to just pick the advice...you have to put on an attitude of not caring or catching their eye...just ignore and move around doing your business...When anybody touches you raise alarm shout and they will disappear...bottom line they saw you are green and saw your fear...and acted on it...they started hailing you when you gave them money which means they made it look like you just settled them as a boss. Learn oga...if its sympathy you want sorry i won't give you any. I look like a nerd with glasses and i go to computer village every time and they try to get me every time too...so just get the gist and move more assuredly.

3 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Chidexter(m): 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
azpekuliar:

Can I get a link to that thread? Thanks
Here it is.
https://www.nairaland.com/2677317/new-style-police-use-get
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by free2ryhme: 1:26pm On Oct 22, 2015
Sanchez01:
Perhaps one or two persons would relate to my ordeal after sharing.

I went to the Computer Village at Ikeja on Saturday, 17th Oct, to purchase a head phone I had longed to get for a while now. I had an example of what I wanted in mind and was not ready to compromise my stand on this.

I had also made up my mind not to go too deep for security reasons; computer village touts/area boys are more concentrated in the farther part of the market and being harassed unduly was not just it for me.

The first shop I visited just by the bridge didn't have what I wanted and the guy therein cajoled me into buying something else which was not just it. I wasted no time in trying out the next shop but I noticed I was being followed by 4 mean looking guys. I couldn't tell for how long I was stalked but it was pretty obvious something wasn't right.

Fortunately, I saw the "HD Monster Micro SD Player beats by dr. dre" in the next shop and wasted no time in bargaining. I paid, came out of the shop with the intent of moving towards the bridge, only to find out that my stalkers (now about 5 of them) had divided themselves like a pack of wolves who has their sights on a gazelle.

Seeing that it was becoming a nightmare by the minute, I moved towards some policemen who were around one of their vans under the bridge. One of the touts, supposedly their boss walked up to me while the others surrounded me in no time. Micro SD sellers turned spectators as well as passers' by. I could see the policemen looking at us from a distance. They were clearly unmoved by the scene, judging by the expression their faces.

One of the touts spoke up "a ti n so e lataaro" (we've been stalking you for a while). It didn't really come as a surprise but what I did wrong is what I couldn't picture.

"Oya, fun wa l'owo!" (Now, give us money!) Their supposed head retorted. It was a dream. How in the world would touts harass someone in the presence of policemen

Quite scared, I told him I didn't understand what I had done to warrant being "fined". At my words, the minions were ready to attack me but couldn't as their boss calmed them. Obviously angry at this point, he said "a n be a so lero, o fe gbo. O fe ka gba gbogbo t'owo e, abi?" (We have told you calmly, you don't want to listen. Do you want us to take everything on you?"

The crowd had increased by this time and they watched helplessly while the policemen didn't move a nerve. It was at this point it dawned on me what I was up against. Without wasting time, I reached for my wallet which was carefully tucked away in my pant's back pocket and offered them #500 but he (their supposed boss) refused it, claiming my money is #2000!

I was baffled. I tucked my #500 away and gave them #1000 which they collected and started stumping a foot each on the ground as they sang my praise. I heaved a sigh of relief as I quickly proceeded to leave the scene. It was pretty embarrassing to say the least.

I shared my ordeal with a friend yesterday and he confirmed he had faced something similar. His case however was shocking. He claimed he resisted and the policemen "arrested" all of them while he "bailed" himself with #2000 without going to a police station.undecided

Please be wary of these touts at Ikeja. Some officers of the NPF have no life.

Lalasticlala, please help raise this awareness.

You must have displayed a body language that gave you away right from the first shop you visited.

Unlike us we get their juju for hand grin
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by osazeeblue01: 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2015
Buhari and Apec are working. More to come.
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by menix(m): 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2015
OP nah ur fault jawe...

Ur Aje butter looks attracted them, if nah mii I for just waka go buy 2 white london put both for mouth come light am, make them know say awala snr awala...

3 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by oweman: 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2015
Make no mistakes t hose thugs were arranged by ibo sellers and you can disbelieve at your own peril
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by XuteSleeks(m): 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2015
Times like this Jumia is your friend grin

2 Likes

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Intendy: 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2015
Na Today? e don tey
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
Next time, when they approach you just change your face and yell at them, then take ur walk , dey hate seeing a face with "guys are not smiling , dey won't even come near, your face Attracted them.
Sanchez01:

I went to the Computer Village at Ikeja on Saturday, 17th Oct, to purchase a head phone I had longed to get for a while now. I had an example of what I wanted in mind and was not ready to compromise my stand on this.

I had also made up my mind not to go too deep for security reasons; computer village touts/area boys are more concentrated in the farther part of the market and being harassed unduly was not just it for me.

The first shop I visited just by the bridge didn't have what I wanted and the guy therein cajoled me into buying something else which was not just it. I wasted no time in trying out the next shop but I noticed I was being followed by 4 mean looking guys. I couldn't tell for how long I was stalked but it was pretty obvious something wasn't right.

Fortunately, I saw the "HD Monster Micro SD Player beats by dr. dre" in the next shop and wasted no time in bargaining. I paid, came out of the shop with the intent of moving towards the bridge, only to find out that my stalkers (now about 5 of them) had divided themselves like a pack of wolves who has their sights on a gazelle.

Seeing that it was becoming a nightmare by the minute, I moved towards some policemen who were around one of their vans under the bridge. One of the touts, supposedly their boss walked up to me while the others surrounded me in no time. Micro SD sellers turned spectators as well as passers' by. I could see the policemen looking at us from a distance. They were clearly unmoved by the scene, judging by the expression their faces.

One of the touts spoke up "a ti n so e lataaro" (we've been stalking you for a while). It didn't really come as a surprise but what I did wrong is what I couldn't picture.

"Oya, fun wa l'owo!" (Now, give us money!) Their supposed head retorted. It was a dream. How in the world would touts harass someone in the presence of policemen

Quite scared, I told him I didn't understand what I had done to warrant being "fined". At my words, the minions were ready to attack me but couldn't as their boss calmed them. Obviously angry at this point, he said "a n be a so lero, o fe gbo. O fe ka gba gbogbo t'owo e, abi?" (We have told you calmly, you don't want to listen. Do you want us to take everything on you?"

The crowd had increased by this time and they watched helplessly while the policemen didn't move a nerve. It was at this point it dawned on me what I was up against. Without wasting time, I reached for my wallet which was carefully tucked away in my pant's back pocket and offered them #500 but he (their supposed boss) refused it, claiming my money is #2000!

I was baffled. I tucked my #500 away and gave them #1000 which they collected and started stumping a foot each on the ground as they sang my praise. I heaved a sigh of relief as I quickly proceeded to leave the scene. It was pretty embarrassing to say the least.

I shared my ordeal with a friend yesterday and he confirmed he had faced something similar. His case however was shocking. He claimed he resisted and the policemen "arrested" all of them while he "bailed" himself with #2000 without going to a police station.undecided

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by weselomo(m): 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2015
a friend of mine experience same story of urs recently at d same comp. village
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by lanrexdo(m): 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2015
Well They work hand in hand, Don't walk like a JJC in Village and don't mind them when they are stalking you, it is a normal thing and when they apporach you then tell them say you no get shishi.. DONT EVER APPROACH A POLICEMAN IN VILLAGE.. THEM BE WEE WEE.It has only happened to me once and yes, they will surely be the guys with cuts on their head. It is a normal protocol. Don't ever buy anything near the shops under the bridge too. They have a good position to survey you and yes they can pick your pocket there.. They are mostly the guys who operate at night and early morning..So Afternoon is just a day to look at things and do the normal taxing!!

Sanchez01:

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by siegfried99(m): 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
Op is 'omo ottee' grin

Sorry bro, u sef don learn something
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Moz22: 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
Keneking:
All these Jonathan policemen sef
by his stripes, you are healed
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by orlaryhincah(m): 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
Sorry about that, I know those touts very well. IF you have a cool gentle face they always reach for you. When I was approached by them, I was so surprise this could be happening during the day, the boss shaked me and move me closer to him whispering to my ear that I should give them money, Lol on hearing I smiled and said Oga I no get money ooo, then he said abi make dem collect everything? I replied Oga which everything? then he said again that I should do normal and drop something, O boy I just said I can only offer 100bucks he look me and said Does he looks likes he's joking I said in a cool voice that's what I can offer then he stretched is hands to collect it, O boy you need see the way I ran that without giving that money.

But still it wasn't finished at all, cause I still came across them underbridge he guys calls me but I always ignore and give a strong face not until one day I just felt lemme reason this pple, I went to their boss and talked with him and we settle scores without paying a dime ooo.
Since that they anytime they see me, I'll just smile and work pass them...
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by yomi007k(m): 1:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
Godvilla:
I cant say more than what iv posted
I work there, so i know what a saying. I didnt ask u to dress up like a mad man
Bros if u traders dnt do anything, u will be at d losing end becos if all ur customers r chased away will u eat ur products?

If u guys hav an association, u berra make moves.
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by tolexy007(m): 1:40pm On Oct 22, 2015
Keneking:
All these Jonathan policemen sef
undecided o mase oo cry
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by kosokoadeyemi: 1:46pm On Oct 22, 2015
Birds of the same feathers
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Laredojohn(m): 1:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
Sanchez01:

that y i have made up my mind never to buy anything from computer village , i rather search onlin eor i make my orders direct from ebay, amazon and the likes ...
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Lancier(m): 1:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
Be careful next time.

Do you know Insurance is the modern day creator and protector of wealth?

We at insurancedirect2u in association with STACO Insurance Plc can provide you with world class insurance services to safeguard you in Nigeria's challenging environment. 

Our Services: 
Motor Insurance,Fire and Special Perils Insurance,Personal Protection Plan,Burglary Insurance,Home Insurance,Accident Insurance,Building Insurance,Workmen Compensation,Marine & Aviation Insurance,Engineering & Construction Insurance,Oil & Gas Insurance etc. 

Our rates and premiums are quite competitive and affordable. We also offer we flexible payment plans and advisory services. 

For inquiries, call LANRE  on 08033054437 or ping me. BB Pin: 2bd85fdb  You can also email me on lancier224@yahoo.com. 

INSURE TODAY to safeguard against the unforeseen. Please forward to all your friends and contacts.

InsuranceDirect2U...Quality Service Delivery "2U" Guaranteed.
Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by eyeview: 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
Its only in Nigeria will a tribe that stretches their hand for 'ouda',omonile fee,ground fee,a money they didn't work for will turn to the tribe that has taken his destiny into his own hands by hustling and working hard for his money and tell him 'you love money too much'.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village by Dotng: 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
KA24DETT:
Innovate or die. I pity the traders at computer village. Very soon no one will be coming there to shop. Wait till Walmart and target hit Nigeria. With their warranty and money back.
You are quite right. Most of our shop owners don't know that they are doing themselves a disservice by not protecting their customers. Traders in most towns that malls like Shoprite have appeared know what has befallen them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 5 Smartphones With The Best Designs 2018. They’re All Chinese ! (PHOTOS) / Memory Cards (SD) Not Detected On Mobile Phones Solved / Which Network Is Currently Working For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.