Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,477 members, 7,846,983 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:56 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (674342 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Funjosh(m): 7:25am On Nov 14, 2015
Tonychristopher is here undecided
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tonychristopher: 8:02am On Nov 14, 2015
Funjosh:
Tonychristopher is here undecided

Is it a crime to be here reading some wonderful comments

Hope you are having a nice weekend

Missed nairaland like crazy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 8:22am On Nov 14, 2015
tonychristopher:

May God bless you for this superb submission

How I wish most of your folks with think like this
We all can not think the same way when we are not Zombies.As emotional as your people are about the pogrom or whatever,some of your people still want one Nigeria even on NL here.Our main problem is the distrust between us and it started a long time even before we were birthed.We pray you achieve your heart desire which would pave way for the disintegration of this rickety assemblage...

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tonychristopher: 8:41am On Nov 14, 2015
Ritchiee:
We all can not think the same way when we are not Zombies.As emotional as your people are about the pogrom or whatever,some of your people still want one Nigeria even on NL here.Our main problem is the distrust between us and it started a long time even before we were birthed.We pray you achieve your heart desire which would pave way for the disintegration of this rickety assemblage...
Hi

Pls don't derail this beautiful thread sir..why talk about progrom why leave in past ..I think you should be brainstorming on how to salvage western Nigeria from the financial miasma they are in

Pls forget Biafra ...it will do you so many good ...don't divert the attention and make suggestions and the sensible ones have been making here pls

Bye

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 8:43am On Nov 14, 2015
tonychristopher:
Hi

Pls don't derail this beautiful thread sir..why talk about progrom why leave in past ..I think you should be brainstorming on how to salvage western Nigeria from the financial miasma they are in

Pls forget Biafra ...it will do you so many good ...don't divert the attention and make suggestions and the sensible ones have been making here pls

Bye

Then stop mentioning Yoruba. The only thing that keeps Biafra alive is the mention of Yorubas....

If Igbos start moving back to the east, no yoruba man will stop them.

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 14, 2015
E ti e duro na.Who is this character who came in while we were absent

Ehn! iru kati kati wo le leyi ehn!

Who the fvxx is Tonycrazetopher?Kilonjebe

Are these not the same red mud mawffughs we ran away from?

Can you mawffughs please stop coming here?

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tupacshakur(m): 8:55am On Nov 14, 2015
zimoni:

Ngozi elete ponmo. Ngozi iyawo tupacshakur.

She was serving in Osogbo then yet she was bashing Osun State on a daily basis. It got to an extent that someone asked for the hospital where she was serving, maybe he wanted to pay her a divine visitation.

She saw the writing on the wall and deleted her moniker without returning.

Her parents would have been disappointed if they learnt she was attacked because she bought an unnecessary job for herself on internet.

She's left.

grin grin

I miss that b!tch, I swear!

She would have been maimed and severely dealt with if she hadn't deleted her profile. Yoruba Niggers back then were very mad at her and ready to trace her to her NYSC PPA in Osun state.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 14, 2015
And can we all report the !dd!ot boy who replied Ibebe on page 210 with that picture?

Lets all report him for breaking Rule No 1

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 9:01am On Nov 14, 2015
Mo ti se.

I can't see his post anymore.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 9:50am On Nov 14, 2015
tonychristopher:
Hi

Bye
Progrom...lol.I have never remembered biafra.What I remember and cherish is the great Yoruba race.Very passionate about it,sir.
Have a jolly good time on your biafran thread...ciao

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 14, 2015
These people are beginning to get to 'Ore' again o.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Osomalo(m): 11:23am On Nov 14, 2015
9jacrip:

Baba, I miss those dudes o.
The way they go about the tribal stuff makes me wonder if they take it that serious.

Dawn office is at Ife? Abeg where?

I said when I go home(Ile-Ife), I would visit DAWN office(at Ibadan).

The office is at Cococa House, Ibadan.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 11:30am On Nov 14, 2015
Ritchiee,

Can we agree to pay the likes of Tonikristofa dust anytime they miss road enter this beautiful town hall of ours?? I glanced in early this morning & saw his many rejoinders to issues that not only don't concern him/his tribe but also completely sails above his intellectual capabilities & wakaed away....

When we engage them, they will have the impetus to invite their acolytes....

& ibebe, zimoni, Shymm3x, Aareonakakanfo, 9jacrip, iyalode , tupacshakur, et al...

I may be wrong & appeal to be excused for it but we aren't doing ourselves any favor by being EXTREMELY harsh (not that they dont deserve it & more) on our "Leaders" especially on this kind of board that anyone can just click & draw conclusions that weren't implied or intended in the first place....

The way i look at it is that " No parent shouts & list all the negative of his/her child in the presence or hearing of neighbourhood "Haters".... we are just providing ammunitions to attack us....

I detest most of our leaders but use less weighty words.

Thank you all..

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 14, 2015
Osomalo:

I said when I go home(Ile-Ife), I would visit DAWN office(at Ibadan).

The office is at Cococa House, Ibadan.

Alagba, o je kin ma gba farm produce lowo yin as land use charge most especially if your home in Ife is anywhere around Mokuro grin

I'll check out the office when I get back to Ibadan as well.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 14, 2015
modath:

Ritchiee,

Can we agree to pay the likes of Tonikristofa dust anytime they miss road enter this beautiful town hall of ours?? I glanced in early this morning & saw his many rejoinders to issues that not only don't concern him/his tribe but also completely sails above his intellectual capabilities & wakaed away....

& ibebe, zimoni, Shymm3x, Aareonakakanfo, 9jacrip, iyalode , tupacshakur, et al...

I may be wrong & appeal to be excused for it but we aren't doing ourselves any favor by being EXTREMELY harsh (not that they dont deserve it & more) on our "Leaders" especially on this kind of board that anyone can just click & draw conclusions that weren't implied or intended in the first place....

The way i look at it is that " No parent shouts & list all the negative of his/her child in the presence or hearing of neighbourhood "Haters".... we are just providing ammunitions to attack us....

Thank you all..

Egbon mi, I have thought about the effect of giving a 'foe' ammunitions to attack us with but then how are we supposed to discuss pressing issues if we are not honest with and to ourselves?

We do not have any other platform exclusively reserved for us to open up about situations bothering on our region.

If we begin to censor, how else are some of us not present in or accessible to some locations supposed to get a clear picture of the situation there?

I would like to see how it goes if the house chooses to dumb things down.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 11:58am On Nov 14, 2015
9jacrip:

Egbon mi, I have thought about the effect of giving a 'foe' ammunitions to attack us with but then how are we supposed to discuss pressing issues if we are not honest with and to ourselves?

We do not have any other platform exclusively reserved for us to open up about situations bothering on our region.

If we begin to censor, how else are some of us not present in or accessible to some locations supposed to get a clear picture of the situation there?

I would like to see how it goes if the house chooses to dumb things down.

So we can only have a "clear pictures" if we go the hyberbolic & negative in every assessment?? Didn't know a caricature pictorial of a down & out south west is the best route to take..

So sorry for coming up with such a "dumb" idea..

Bye & thanks..
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Osomalo(m): 12:00pm On Nov 14, 2015
9jacrip:

Alagba, o je kin ma gba farm produce lowo yin as land use charge most especially if your home in Ife is anywhere around Mokuro grin

I'll check out the office when I get back to Ibadan as well.

hahahahahahah

Actually I built for someone at Mokuro, I intend to start building mine early next year also at Mokuro(behing Hammelda Estate, there are fine houses in that area).

Abi ooo. Eyin Alagba Idita Quarters, mo ju'ba agba oooooo. E dakun e saanu mii.

At Mama Moda.th, I got the message loud and clear. We were just angry ni jarey.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Osomalo(m): 12:05pm On Nov 14, 2015
modath:

So we can only have a "clear pictures" if we go the hyberbolic & negative in every assessment?? Didn't know a caricature pictorial of a down & out south west is the best route to take..

Bye & thanks..

Aunty, e ma bi'nu, you are not going anywhere.

If we had another platform, it would have been better. But we don't.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2015
modath:

Bye & thanks..

You took my message wrongly.

I'm sorry if it offended you in anyway, it was not intended to.

1. My post wasn't necessarily to get a down and out SWest. I'm only saying we say things as they are as much as possible so we don't leave any stones unturned and presume it is all good or not that bad as I've always assumed until the discussion about Osun yesterday.

2. Saying to dumb down things didn't mean I regarded your suggestion to be dumb. I should have used tone down rather than dumb down even though they mean the same thing(s).

E ma binu ma.

Like you said, bi eniyan ba se gbe igba e ni awon eniyan se ma baa gbe. Emi o kan fe ki a fi ewe bo kobo loju lori oro itesiwaju ti o se owon ni ile wa.

Ni ekan si, e ma binu. E je ebure, awo olugbebe.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2015
Osomalo:

hahahahahahah

Actually I built for someone at Mokuro, I intend to start building mine early next year also at Mokuro(behing Hammelda Estate, there are fine houses in that area).

Abi ooo. Eyin Alagba Idita Quarters, mo ju'ba agba oooooo. E dakun e saanu mii.

At Mama Moda.th, I got the message loud and clear. We were just angry ni jarey.

I'm going home this week, na to go make sure I report you give Oloja Iranje-Idita and Baale Mokuro that one Osomalo fe wa gbin ile si ile wa, ki han mo tale ko o! grin

Olodumare will bless you to build the one planned for next year and many more.

E ri pe Aunty Modath take view mi wrongly ni sha cry
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tupacshakur(m): 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
modath:

Ritchiee,

Thank you all..

If you notice, I seldom contribute to political and economical issues pertaining to the SW as I hold none of the Governors in high esteem. I believe no Yoruba Governor since 1999 is worthy of emulation, including Fashola. They are all bunch of crooks and far from being in the mold of the great Obafemi Awolowo.

Oh, how I detest Tinubu. He's a smart politician though. I give that to him but he achieved nothing in his 8 years at the helm of affairs in Lagos state. He left the state in tatters, allegedly murdered Funsho Williams in cold blood, as he knew the latter was obviously going to defeat his party, AC. He handed over to an overrated Fashola, after disregarding democratic tenets in the AC primaries that'd have seen Jimi Agbaje emerge as the party's flag bearer.

Aunty Modath, oro po ninu iwe kobo.

With due respect, I disagree with you on your stance. Let's criticize our SW leaders explicitly without mincing words. E jeki a bu won daa da! . Afterall, who have they helped, except their cronies and relatives?

As regards the Flat-heads' unwarranted and annoying poke-nosing into this thread, I think the best folks like you can do is to ignore them completely. But trust me, I'll pay them in their own coin.

That aside, I've been trying to figure out how you came about your moniker, "modath"...sounds like the name of an ancient Greek goddess. As google couldn't help, I tried stringing parts of some distinct words together but gave up after futile attempts. I thought of MODupe-ATHeist, but a lady Yoruba atheist is as rare as a virgin in a maternity ward. grin . I know the reason behind IlekeHD and Ibebe's moniker though.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 12:33pm On Nov 14, 2015
9jacrip:

I'm going home this week, na to go make sure I report you give Oloja Iranje-Idita and Baale Mokuro that one Osomalo fe wa gbin ile si ile wa, ki han mo tale ko o! grin
9jacrip:

E mtake view mi wrongly ni sha cry

cheesy grin... , It's the yoruba thing, makes one get all hyper when one sees some words, we cool... ko si wahala.. grin

But I'm not so upset, just that you didn't look at the flip side, ..... What good will we achieve if the only things we belabour on everyday is how horrible & bad "OURS" are?

I am one of the least politically correct person you will ever come across, i also don't take prisoners.... on our preggy & mum threads, i have been referred to as a "cyber bully on more than one occassion cos i don't molly coddle no one, i say it as it is & mean WHAT I SAY...

But one is supposed to criticise what is one's in a way that will not make mockery of our collective struggle...

This morning now, i saw one Romani claiming you & aare are denigrating SW & is also spamming several threads with same falsehood....

The whole country is Effed Up, SW is even better, come to FCT & see billions going down in FCDA & Devt Control with zero to show in infrastructures... Federal fa.... undecided

The way to go for this contraption is to either unbundle it or strict adherence to policies that will drag it out of the doldrums....

BTW, i wasn't so objective in my "yoot" as well wink.... I was in IFE during the Legacy, Africa et al struggle days.

@ Osomalo,

Your moniker reminds me of baba baba mi... cry
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 12:53pm On Nov 14, 2015
tupacshakur:

Aunty Modath, oro po ninu iwe kobo.

With due respect, I disagree with you on your stance. Let's criticize our SW leaders explicitly without mincing words. E jeki a bu won daa da! . Afterall, who have they helped, except their cronies and relatives?

As regards the Flat-heads' unwarranted and annoying poke-nosing into this thread, I think the best folks like you can do is to ignore them completely. But trust me, I'll pay them in their own coin.

That aside, I've been trying to figure out how you came about your moniker, "modath"...sounds like the name of an ancient Greek goddess. As google couldn't help, I tried stringing parts of some distinct words together but gave up after futile attempts. I thought of MODupe-ATHeist, but a lady Yoruba atheist is as rare as a virgin in a maternity ward. grin . I know the reason behind IlekeHD and Ibebe's moniker though.

Amaru, i don't engage them cos i don't want to disturb this great thread & maybe cos i can't cool down enough to type quarrel.... blood is hot & eyes are red mehn....

You don't detest these leaders as much as i do but i hate ALL OF THEM, I'm not compartmentalizing..

The difference is that this thread wasn't created to continue to moan about our "leaders" , (WE KNOW IT, ONLY AN OSTRICH WILL CLAIM OTHERWISE)..

It is to proffer viable ways to work through the albatross that they are to us, the Nation is skewed in a way that political office holders have been elevated to demi gods & only a collective will to progress will turn things round.

Maybe the Mof0 spamming those threads is what got to me..... but when we continue to call ours trash without pausing for breath., No fight when people dump their waste in it.... smiley

As per the username, it is a conglomeration of the initials of my nuclear family.... Atheism ke? I no get that mind, if i find out later God doesn't exist, no P but now let me have "something" to belief in & a place to wear beautiful voile laces to show off... cheesy
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 12:58pm On Nov 14, 2015
modath:

Ritchiee,

Thank you all..

Please ignore them. Kindly hit the report button, anytime they make those silly useless remarks so that they do not derail this thread. On other threads, I give the misguided dolts among them the bashing they so rightfully deserve, when they start their nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Gbawe: 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2015
zimoni:

You've said it all Duke.

Our SW governors are useless and shameless. Fashola kept borrowing till he left office, yet most of the capital projects which he borrowed for were not completed. Truth is, the IGR and allocation from FG are not in proportion with what is on ground.

The useless Tinubu did not help matter either, he never cautioned the useless governors to stop borrowing so far they are paying their monthly dues. The bastards have mortgaged the future of SW states with debts.

Fashola as far as I'm concerned is an over-hyped achiever. He left hundreds of billions of debt for the Clueless Fat Boy. It's quite unfortunate we find ourselves in this mess.

All the states in SW are owing. Imagine osun state owing 52bn.

Too badt.

We really need a new political party in South West.

AD/AC/ACN/APC and PDP have failed us. FACT.

Perhaps you can start this miracle political Party then. The way some of you insult Yoruba leaders, who actually deserve your respect if you truly understand what they have achieved, is the reason why many will not contribute to this thread. "Tinubu" is "useless" to you then perhaps you can position yourself to lead the Yorubas because it seems to me that it is those who stand to be counted and get involved who must do things as they know to do it.

You simply will not understand that only evolution and growing political awareness will solve some problems as far as Nigeria is concerned. Yoruba leaders are not the worst in Nigeria and are constrained to work the Nigerian way. When the system becomes more refined then leaders become more refined. The fact, for anyone who knows the history of the SW properly, is that current crop of leaders are better than those they replaced and the next set will hopefully be better than what we have now. Cursing out leaders who, in the grand scheme of things, are actually better than those leading others won't help. If you guys want to make this a thread for heaping abuse on Yoruba leaders then how does that help us identify solutions or even become part of the solution?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 1:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
Shymm3x:
The biggest drum won't boost any tourism right now, till say, 200 years' time. Those going to Osun are more interested in Osun Oshogbo festivals and Ife. Osun is an integral part of most of the Yoruba religions in the new world, from Santeria, to Condombe, to Voodoo etc.. Another god they worship is Yemoya. However, I don't know how the Yemoya worship/festival works and perhaps Osun state can invest in creating a next festival about Yemoya to for tourism and revenue generation purposes.

A thinking governor looking to maximise the interests of tourists in these two gold mines would invest heavily in them and turn them to something similar to the Brazilian carnival and media campaigns in the countries where most of these folks coming to spend money are from. He can also send emissaries to those countries from time to time to boost relations. But this man didn't do that - he just wasted millions of naira on an inconsequential drum like there aren't more than enough things in that state to generate interests. Isn't that the same state where foreign archaeologists are still excavating all kinds of artworks by Yoruba ancestors, buried beneath the earth surface? How about build a museum there for exhibitions from time to time?

Government in today's world is run like a profit-oriented business venture. Once you start running at a loss, you just have cut expenditure, to keep a proper balance sheet - else you'll go bankrupt. That's just common sense. Something just has to give cos the debts are piling up for future generations and folks can't turn a blind eye on them with excuses. I'll leave the civil service alone cos the sector should only make-up a fraction of the recurrent expenditure.

However, in a case where they're not delivering anything and the debt profile keeps growing due to wholesale looting - shouldn't they cut down the looting and do the right thing?

Yemoya?? I thought it was Yemoja??

Osun State needs to get its act together in tourism and treat it strictly like a business at the highest levels of governance, in order to earn improved revenue from it. Look at Nairobi, Kenya and Gaborone, Botswana. Right from the international airport, you are given leaflets and flyers highlighting all the tourism attractions in their country, and if you visit the tourism desk right at their airport they will book you a hotel, cab, or bus and hand you over to a registered tour operator that takes you straight to their tourist sites. Of course, you would pay the required fees directly to the tour company, but it is worth it. wink

Their tour operators go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and interesting. There are so many branded souvenirs of high quality at every corner, for you to choose from as holiday gifts. And they do not cost the earth. cheesy

These countries are actively represented at the World Travel Market and other fairs around the globe that have anything to do with tourism, travel and hospitality. Osun State can learn how they did it, and adapt some of their methods to drive tourism in their state. undecided For example, can't we get hovercrafts and ferries from Lagos State to transport people directly to Osun for the festival, using the waterways??
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
modath:

Ritchiee,

Thank you all..
Thx.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 1:30pm On Nov 14, 2015
Shymm3x:
Can anyone who has access to the total number of workers in the state ministries across the SW post it here. Let's see how these folks are spending that much on recurrent expenditure.

Let's also see the companies they're operating the PPPs with to know who owns the so-called "private" companies.

Laudate please help us out. Your input is needed.

Am so sorry. I saw this before, but I just lost track of it somewhere in between my numerous responses.

I will search for data on the total number of workers in state ministries, but that would take a bit of time. I am sure some ministries don't even have accurate figures on the number of workers they have! shocked

As for PPP, it is an operational scheme in Lagos, Ogun and a few other places, but it really needs a lot of fine-tuning and monitoring, and there have been instances to show that the states have not been up to par, in their monitoring functions. sad

In Lagos for example, there is the Lagos State Public-Private Partnership Office that implements and monitors PPP projects. The AES Nigeria’s 270 Megawatt (MW) - IPP Project, is reported to be an Independent Power Project (IPP) that operates nine (9) barge-mounted gas turbines, producing 270MW of electricity. On their website it says :
AES Nigeria (a subsidiary) of AES USA was the project sponsor responsible for the implementation of the project. US$12million was raised to fund the project from an international consortium of 4 commercial banks and 3 development institutions. The project remains a joint venture between AES and YF Power Nigeria. AES has an option to follow through this project with a 540MW IPP in Marogbo, Badagry.

However in reality, AES was implicated in a financial scandal a few years back and the project was grounded. I don't know if it is back on stream now. I need to find out. sad

There is also the Akute Power Project (12.15 Megawatt) - IPP for the Lagos State Water Corporation. The Akute Power Project provides a total capacity of 12.15 MW by using four 3 MW GE Jenbacher gas engines.
A 13km natural gas pipeline was connected to the existing natural gas infrastructure. The project cost US$25.5 million and spanned a 12-month construction period. The Power plant commenced operations in December 2009.

Key stakeholders are:
Lagos State Water Corporation - Power Off Taker
Clarke Energy - EPC Contractor
Oando Gas & Power (OGP) - Promoter
Finance arranger - OGP
NGC/Gaslink - Gas supplier
Lagos State Government - Financial guarantor

To the best of my knowledge this project is still running, but the total amount spent so far and on-going costs are not fully known.

There have been other PPP arrangements in the area of waste collection and disposal, transportation, housing, land use revenue collection etc. You can get more details here: http://www.lagosstateppp.gov.ng/projects/case_studies/transportation/transportation.asp

The construction and tolling of the Lekki-Epe Expressway is another example of a PPP Project. While the1st phase of the road construction was completed in 2012, it has thrown up a lot of controversy and angst especially among the road users. The concession is operated by the Lekki Concession Company (LCC) which has a 30 year contract in place to collect tolls and maintain the roads. The profit sharing formula remains unknown, and the promoters were taken to court by residents along that road at one time. The success of that project led Lagos State to construct a tolled 1.7km bridge linking Lekki to Ikoyi, last year with another company.

Parties:
I. Lekki Concession Company Ltd (LCC)
II. Lagos State Government (LASG)
III.Office of Public-Private Partnerships (PPP)

Project Description:
The Lagos Infrastructure Project (LIP) is a 30-year concession to design, construct, finance and operate the Concession Area with a view to eliminate the severe traffic gridlock along the expressway corridor.

The Concession Area is in 2 Phases viz:

The expansion and upgrade of the 49.36 km Eti-Osa Lekki-Epe Expressway including the construction of the Falomo Bridge Ramp; and
The construction of the 20 km Coastal Road plus an option to develop the Southern Bypass. The project is a user-based toll road with the private party taking on full market risk. Financing will be recovered through charging tolls, advertising fees, duct leases and other defined revenue sources.

Commercial Close: April, 2006
Concession Effective Date: November, 2008
Concession Expiry Date: November, 2038

Financing Structure
The LIP is a US$450m Public-Private Partnership transaction real toll road with full market risk. The estimated completion time for the project is 3 years and funding for the project, comes from the following institutions:

Lagos State Government - The State invested N5 billion (US$42m) in a 20-year mezzanine tranche;
The African Development Bank - Provided N10 billion (US$85m) senior debt over 15 years; and
Local bank lenders - Provided a 12-year note facility of N9.4 billion (US$80m). The banks are:
First Bank of Nigeria Plc
United Bank for Africa Plc
Zenith Bank Plc
Diamond Bank Plc
Fidelity Bank Plc

The remaining term funding was provided by Standard Bank London which became the sole arranger of the US$93m (N11 billion) 15-year international tranche - underwritten by Standard Bank London and Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
Progress Update:
Financial Close attained in November 2008
Section 1 (Km 0-6) completed and open to traffic in July 2010
Falomo Bridge On-Ramp opened to traffic on 05.October.2011
Tolling commenced on 18.December.2011
LCC opened TP2 to traffic on 02.March.2012
Section 2 - 4 progressing rapidly
The LIP won the 2008 Transport Deal of the Year Award (African Investor)

However, construction on the coastal road has not even begun and the tolled Lekki-Epe expressway has not solved the traffic problem on that axis due to its faulty design and lack of overhead bridges to divert traffic at the roundabouts.

I'll be back with more info on both projects later. undecided
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Osomalo(m): 1:32pm On Nov 14, 2015
Gbawe:

Perhaps you can start this miracle political Party then. The way some of you insult Yoruba leaders, who actually deserve your respect if you truly understand what they have achieved, is the reason why many will not contribute to this thread. "Tinubu" is "useless" to you then perhaps you can position yourself to lead the Yorubas because it seems to me that it is those who stand to be counted and get involved who must do things as they know to do it.

You simply will not understand that only evolution and growing political awareness will solve some problems as far as Nigeria is concerned. Yoruba leaders are not the worst in Nigeria and are constrained to work the Nigerian way. When the system becomes more refined then leaders become more refined. The fact, for anyone who knows the history of the SW properly, is that current crop of leaders are better than those they replaced and the next set will hopefully be better than what we have now. Cursing out leaders who, in the grand scheme of things, are actually better than those leading others won't help. If you guys want to make this a thread for heaping abuse on Yoruba leaders then how does that help us identify solutions or even become part of the solution?

I was angry when I saw the debt profile.

I'm sorry, I apologize to the House.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Osomalo(m): 1:39pm On Nov 14, 2015
9jacrip:

Amen booda mii.

Lol at "Ki Han Mo Ta'le Ko". Lord, I'm missing home.

E ma da Aunty loun jarey, old age things nii. Aunty is old school lol.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by theV0ice: 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2015
I was thinking of the best way to say what modath just said but didn't want to come across as condescending so that I don't get called 'Iwo London' as I was referred to at a FIAOSA meeting at OAU for airing my views.

I never lived in the SW so don't know much about the place which is why this thread has become like a library to me. However this thread I believe is one for finding solutions to a problem associated with playing politics in Nigeria. As much as I detest Tinubu's style and would disagree with anyone who compared him to Awo, I can't deny the fact that he stood in the gap when the whole SW was almost sold to the same folks who murdered MKO. Also who would forget what he did with NADECO?

Omo buruku ni ojo ire tie. Let's leave the attacks and instead focus on solutions like you guys are drawing out. I'm really learning plenty things on here.

Let's see how we can make the best of a bad situation. Let's get to making lemonade with the lemons we might have 'mistakenly' bought thinking they were oranges wink

Also we should remember say "shoki lo be oge" grin

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Gbawe: 1:47pm On Nov 14, 2015
laudate:

Yemoya?? I thought it was Yemoja??

Osun State needs to get its act together in tourism and treat it strictly like a business, in order to earn improved revenue from it. Look at Nairobi, Kenya and Gaborone, Botswana. Right from the airport, you are given leaflets and flyers highlighting all the tourism attractions in their country, and if you visit the tourism desk right at their airport they will book you a hotel, cab, or bus and hand you over to a registered tour operator that takes you straight to their tourist sites. Of course, you would pay the required fees directly to the tour company, but it is worth it. wink

Their tour operators go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and interesting. There are so many branded souvenirs of high quality at every corner, for you to choose from as holiday gifts. And they do not cost the earth. cheesy

These countries are actively represented at the World Travel Market and other fairs around the globe that have anything to do with tourism, travel and hospitality. Osun State can learn how they did it, and adapt some of their methods to drive tourism in their state. undecided

The truth is that Aregbe had solid plans for the promotion of tourism and hospitality in Osun State. Sadly the reality of the times overtook and defeated his lofty plans. Osun is a very poor State that had no business becoming a State in the first place and was only carved out of Oyo state due to the usual egotism and myopia of those who think creating smaller and unsustainable "independent" geographical area is the way forward in an age where borders are shrinking because of globalisation and an idea-based way of living. The likes of Aregbe have to deal with the difficult issues related to leading a State that was never meant to be a State in the first place.

Aregbe made mistakes but what ultimately rendered him unable to deliver on the lofty ideas he had is simply lack of funds to improve a State that was already very poor with issues compounded by the dire economic situation of Nigeria that meant allocation to States has dropped significantly. We should be coming up with suggestions to help our leaders , after we familiarise ourselves with the problem totally, before we criticise in ways that makes it obvious we are not ready to be part of the solution. Osun was never really viable. Yet it could become viable and Aregbe planned to make it viable but we must never discount events beyond his control that rendered his lofty plans unachievable. After that stage, we then look at how to salvage things moving forward instead of limiting ourselves to talking as if these leaders caused and enjoy the lack of socio-economic development we all see and decry. There is nothing you say and suggest here that bright minds in Osun have not thought of. If funds are lacking to implement even the brightest of ideas then that has to be addressed first before we all start searching for miracles. Even Osun hoteliers, below, admit Aregbe has good plans and intentions but is severely constrained by the economic ill-health of Nigeria. The solution for Osun has to be holistic and linked to a healthy national economy. Osun can grow strong. more independent and prosperous in a period of national economic prosperity but the state is one of those especially vulnerable in a period of national economic hardship and downturn.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/osun-financial-crises-be-courageous-hoteliers-urge-aregbesola/

Osun financial crises: Be courageous, hoteliers urge Aregbesola
Posted By: Boladale Bamigbolaon: September 24, 2015

Osun State governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, has been urged not to be deterred by the financial challenges facing the state.

He should rather continue to be strong to steer its ship to harbour of financial prosperity.

Commending the governor on the successful resolution of the recent labour crisis in the state, a group, Hoteliers in Osun, in a statement signed by its spokesperson, Babatunde Karim, copies of which were made available to newsmen in Osogbo yesterday, said issues relating to the inability of government to pay salaries were not peculiar to the state.

It also claimed that since nearly all states in the federation are affected by the dwindling resources that have led to their inability to fulfill some of their financial obligations, political interpretations should not be given to the recently resolved government, labour crisis in the state.

It thereby urged Governor Aregbesola to expedite action in settling hotel bills that his administration incurred from last year to March this year to enable them remain in business.

The group said: “Many hotels are retrenching because of the huge amount owe them by government. Some could no longer cope and have dropped out of business. We urge him to please pay us the money to prevent total collapse of the sector.”

While it called for change of strategy in managing the affairs of the state, the group added that it is dangerous for elements seeking to hijack the soul of Osun State to be given an opportunity to latch at the precarious situation it has found itself. Otherwise, there be disharmony between government and the people.

The group implored the administration of Governor Aregbesola to pay urgent attention to the plight of hospitality business owners in the state, stressing that many hotels in Osogbo are finding it difficult to remain in business due to the indebtedness of individuals and government.

“We are gasping for breath now and business has slowed down owing to poor patronage and indebtedness to many hotels in Osogbo by government. We remain a strong supporter of the administration of Ogbeni Aregbesola and hope he will take us into consideration by quickly paying outstanding hotel bills owed us.

“It is pertinent to note here that all policies and programmes of the Aregbesola administration in the tourism and hospitality sector in the state, have impacted positively on our business but we urge him to take urgent steps to further protect our investments from crumbling by paying promptly for the services we have rendered,” the statement concluded.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.